Andrew Short to Yamaha

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2020 6:59 AM

Shorty has moved over to the Monster Yamaha Rally Team. He dropped quite a few hints that he wouldn't be back on Husky, glad to see he gets to keep going in the Rally scene.

https://enduro21.com/index.php/rally/4856-andrew-short-and-ross-branch-join-monster-energy-yamaha-rally-team?fbclid=IwAR3BYDwAaEqTLZI1u7Ybuy33X1X6nsxx2LNWoZZdExapbiI2_nvWz0KUdVY

|

3/13/2020 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 7:04 AM

Good for Shorty! The guy is such a massive talent, and so good for off-road in general. Andrew is a real family guy too...so it had to be a better deal for him financially too.

|

3/13/2020 7:49 AM

Got tired of mandatory Rockstar social posts

|

3/13/2020 9:26 AM

I truly believe Yamaha has the best looking Rally bike right now

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

3/13/2020 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 9:35 AM

Good For Shorty! Just having a SX star in the mix brings more attention to off road...so it's great to have him out there.

Husky should offer Skyler Howes Short's old ride...dude finished 9th overall as a privateer (on a rented Husky).

|

3/13/2020 9:33 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Akrapovic had Van Beverens bike on display at the check-in area at Le Touquet. Insane piece of machinery.
Photo Photo

|

3/13/2020 9:39 AM

After Shorty gave his “teammate” Toby his rear wheel at Dakar he should have had a ride for as long as he wanted one. Glad he found a landing spot.

|

3/13/2020 9:57 AM

KirkChandler wrote:

After Shorty gave his “teammate” Toby his rear wheel at Dakar he should have had a ride for as long as he wanted one. Glad he found a landing spot.

Maybe he got a raise by making the switch?

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

3/13/2020 11:45 AM

Xeno wrote:

Maybe he got a raise by making the switch?

From what I heard he was left searching for a ride after Dakar because his contract expired. Glad he was able to find a spot and gets to keep rallying, he’s making great progress and is a contender.

|

3/13/2020 11:50 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

I love Yamahas but that Rally bike is FUGLY. Looks like a turd compared to the Husqvarna/KTM bikes. Stoked for Andrew to continue his pursuit of all things Rally and I'm always his biggest fan.

|

3/13/2020 12:14 PM

Pity as I always think of Shorty as a die hard bike guy and same with Husky/ KTM.

As for giving up a wheel to Toby Price, he should have had a contract for however long he wanted.

Not a good look for KTM group to let him go (IMO)

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

3/13/2020 1:11 PM

Hudd_421 wrote:

Got tired of mandatory Rockstar social posts

Those videos of him gulping that shit on Instagram 😄

|

3/13/2020 1:17 PM

Is it the new Tenere? or a fo fiddy

|

3/13/2020 1:42 PM

surprising..but cool to see!

|

3/13/2020 1:47 PM

MasterProcrastin8r wrote:

Is it the new Tenere? or a fo fiddy

They're all 450 based

|

3/13/2020 1:55 PM

Pumped for Shorty, first of all.

But how cool is it that Bradshaw is back with Yamaha now, and they add Shorty to Rally?!!

|

3/13/2020 2:02 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

Shorty’s job as “water carrier” for the team is to provide assistance and basically be a mobile parts bin for the top tier riders. He simply did What he was being paid to do.

|

3/13/2020 2:33 PM

BIGRIGGIN wrote:

I love Yamahas but that Rally bike is FUGLY. Looks like a turd compared to the Husqvarna/KTM bikes. Stoked for Andrew to continue his pursuit of all things Rally and I'm always his biggest fan.

I've thought that about the Yamaha's since 2010.

|

3/13/2020 3:48 PM

Stuntman949 wrote:

racerhansen wrote:

Akrapovic had Van Beverens bike on display at the check-in area at Le Touquet. Insane piece of machinery.
Photo Photo

Are there any websites that give a breakdown of all the things they do to turn a dirt bike into a rally bike?

|

3/13/2020 4:11 PM

I reckon having to play support for the entire factory Husky and Factory KTM team would be pretty garbage. Hopefully on the Yammy he can just race, he could definitely be a top 3-5 in Dakar next year if all goes well

|

3/13/2020 4:28 PM

Zacka 161 wrote:

I reckon having to play support for the entire factory Husky and Factory KTM team would be pretty garbage. Hopefully on the Yammy he can just race, he could definitely be a top 3-5 in Dakar next year if all goes well

Well, as long as VanBeveren and de Soultrait are on the team I imagine he'll still be in somewhat of a support role.

|

3/14/2020 11:57 AM

RichieW13 wrote:

Are there any websites that give a breakdown of all the things they do to turn a dirt bike into a rally bike?

For KTM and Honda at least, they are complete one offs

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

3/14/2020 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2020 12:17 PM

I wonder if Van Beveren will still be on the Yamaha team. He's crashed out of the last two Dakars.

|

3/15/2020 6:02 PM

Interesting article on the same website from a few months ago stating that Shorty had extended his Rockstar Husky contract through 2020:

https://enduro21.com/index.php/rally/4360-andrew-short-to-stay-with-rockstar-husky-till-end-of-2020

Could just be premature reporting, or something went sideways with Husky?

|

3/16/2020 7:56 AM

Looks like KTM Group moved Luciano Benavides (Kevin's brother) over to Rockstar Husky to fill the 2nd spot:

https://www.cyclenews.com/2020/03/article/luciano-benavides-joins-rockstar-energy-husqvarna-factory-racing-team/

Probably a smart move, since they had four riders on Red Bull KTM (three former winners).

|