Anderson impressed!

BobPA
3/25/2018 4:10pm
I love the jabronis in here already throwing an asterisk on the championship...He has flat out rode better than anyone to this point of the season. All the big names were on the line at A1....
downard254
3/25/2018 4:30pm
Racer111 wrote:
You can SO tell who rides a Husky by the posts in this thread and the thread itself. If I gave anyone props tonight, it’s Deano...
You can SO tell who rides a Husky by the posts in this thread and the thread itself.

If I gave anyone props tonight, it’s Deano! Anderson is the points leader. He’s supposed to put in those rides, which still wasn’t as impressive as Tomac’s 22nd-2nd ride in Daytona.

And Deano is much better to listen to in the press conferences.

Awesome job, #15!!
Don’t quit your day job Racer, I bleed yellow, always have all the way back to my 1980 RM 100. Have an ‘06 RM 250 in the stable now, along with an RM125, a DRZ-125 and a partially restored ‘83 YZ 250. How is it again that I’m a Husky owner.

So your a fan of someone else, Hoorah! Guess Anderson must have pissed in your Cheerios somewhere along the line.
Crush
3/25/2018 4:57pm
James Stewart was a Wreckers or checkers rider and got crucified for it. I loved watching him ride up until the JGR Yamaha tried to kill...
James Stewart was a Wreckers or checkers rider and got crucified for it. I loved watching him ride up until the JGR Yamaha tried to kill him every 3rd race. That bike ended his career NOT the Dungey issue. Tomac is headed same direction. About 6 concussions seems to be the magic number.He has to be getting close to that.
TBF, I wouldn't put that on JGR.
Phantom 661
3/25/2018 6:29pm
walent215 wrote:
Hes not much different than years past. Difference is Dungey, tomac, musquin , seely ,roczen,barcia are all out of the picture. Not saying he doesnt deserve...
Hes not much different than years past. Difference is Dungey, tomac, musquin , seely ,roczen,barcia are all out of the picture. Not saying he doesnt deserve this but plug them back in and hes in the same spot as the previous years.
Anderson has upped his game this year and it shows. So far, he's riding cleaner, more consistent and is having less contact incidents (Marvin will disagree) with other riders. I expected him to have lost that red plate by now.... but he hasnt. He's also done extremely well with damage control races. The improvements I see have been visually noticable at virtually every race so far this year.

The Shop

TeamGreen
3/25/2018 6:43pm
El Hombré ain’t scared and when the gate drops there are absolutely NFG.

That Scottish Bagpiper ain’t too bad, either!
TDeath21
3/25/2018 7:34pm
walent215 wrote:
Hes not much different than years past. Difference is Dungey, tomac, musquin , seely ,roczen,barcia are all out of the picture. Not saying he doesnt deserve...
Hes not much different than years past. Difference is Dungey, tomac, musquin , seely ,roczen,barcia are all out of the picture. Not saying he doesnt deserve this but plug them back in and hes in the same spot as the previous years.
JJO741 wrote:
Dungey is the only one out of the picture. Anderson has beaten everyone else straight up this year even before their injuries.
In this race specifically, tons of top guys were out and others either crashed on their own or were down next to him in the 1st turn. He does this at A1 and he might get back to top ten. He’s obviously been the best by far so far in the championship and deserves this points lead.
milliebays
3/25/2018 7:58pm
he rides the bike like a downhill mountainbiker.

somehow his shirttail stayed tuckked too.
3/25/2018 11:07pm
Dungey's first championship came under the same scrutiny, look how that worked out for him. Most of the injuries were self inflicted Anderson had nothing to do with them. El Hombre been putting in the work physically and mentally he deserves to be champion.
3/26/2018 1:33am
I've been impressed by Anderson's entire season, he's been so damn solid. Even if anyone of these guys managed to keep it together I don't think they would have much for Anderson with the way he's been able to minimize the damage and salvage good finishes.
3/26/2018 2:33am
All the bullshit aside. Everyone was on the gate at A#1 and they all started with same amount of points. Where they stand now in the title hunt was all in their hands. So drop that asterisk shit. That's not a thing.

The champion is always the best rider over the course of the season and so far this season it's been JA21. The points don't lie. He thoroughly deserves to be in the spot he is right now and hopefully he brings it home.

C'mon El Hombre!
B DUB 333
3/26/2018 7:43am
How many races has Tomac won. How many for ja21. Tomac is WAY faster. Yeah he blew it this year, don't count on it happening again. He'll get his head straightened out and the field will be fighting for second. I can't believe it won't happen. I like Anderson but he better up his speed if he wants to be a favorite for next year. If the season started over today would you pick him to win it? No. Every guy on this board would pick Tomac
TDeath21
3/26/2018 8:30am
B DUB 333 wrote:
How many races has Tomac won. How many for ja21. Tomac is WAY faster. Yeah he blew it this year, don't count on it happening again...
How many races has Tomac won. How many for ja21. Tomac is WAY faster. Yeah he blew it this year, don't count on it happening again. He'll get his head straightened out and the field will be fighting for second. I can't believe it won't happen. I like Anderson but he better up his speed if he wants to be a favorite for next year. If the season started over today would you pick him to win it? No. Every guy on this board would pick Tomac
Tomac didn’t win any races actually until Anderson had a 50 point lead. Funny you say that Tomac will get his head straightened out. He moved to the 450 in 2014 and still hasn’t done it yet. Still wads up and chokes every time there’s championship pressure or someone running his pace. If he wins a SX championship, it won’t be because his mental game improved. It’ll be because every other part of his game is so good that he can overcome it.
DonM
3/26/2018 8:37am
B DUB 333 wrote:
How many races has Tomac won. How many for ja21. Tomac is WAY faster. Yeah he blew it this year, don't count on it happening again...
Wait until next year....isn't that what we heard last year from Tomac fans?
BobPA
3/26/2018 9:03am
B DUB 333 wrote:
I believe the score is 5 to 4 for wins...could be wrong though
TeamGreen
3/26/2018 9:05am
When one guy shows a ton of speed; but, spends a lot of time on the ground or missing races...
And another guy shows plenty of speed when he needs and and seems to hold back when things get crazy...

Well, which one of those guys is running The Red Plate?
Which one of those guys PASSED the other guy on his way to 4th from 21st?
Which one of those guys was and is managing his points lead?
When a Factory Team hires you, what...exactly...is your job?
What does Jason say about all this?
walent215
3/26/2018 9:23am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2018 9:24am
TeamGreen wrote:
When one guy shows a ton of speed; but, spends a lot of time on the ground or missing races... And another guy shows plenty of...
When one guy shows a ton of speed; but, spends a lot of time on the ground or missing races...
And another guy shows plenty of speed when he needs and and seems to hold back when things get crazy...

Well, which one of those guys is running The Red Plate?
Which one of those guys PASSED the other guy on his way to 4th from 21st?
Which one of those guys was and is managing his points lead?
When a Factory Team hires you, what...exactly...is your job?
What does Jason say about all this?
JA is doing everything right.
JA deserves this cship if he wins it.
What does JA say about this? Well idk but i gaurantee you he is thinking about how glad he is that 4-5 guys have taken themselves out of the points chase.
Imo JA is not "impressive" as the title of this thread implies. He did ride great this past round, no doubt.Im not a hater of JA at all, in fact i really like how aggro and loose he rides. Im more " impressed" with how KR rode after his injury this year than i am of what JA has done.
Phantom 661
3/26/2018 9:24am
B DUB 333 wrote:
This isn't the first season Eli has blown it. How many races has Anderson out performed Eli so far this year? There's more to consider than just speed. Take the current SX champ for example. How many times did Dungey have a race outside the top ten? Only twice his whole 450 SX career! How many times for Tomac just this year so far? I didn't see Eli crash but he lost another solid podium at Indy.
I'm sure he's looking forward to the nationals at this point. At least he's made some coin with his wins.
Bman_145
3/26/2018 5:33pm
I find this thread pretty interesting with a lot saying JA hasnt made mistakes. He went over the bars very hard and was lucky to escape without an injury. Some guys crashed less hard and are out with something serious. If he went out with that crash so much of this talk would be different.

There is a lot of luck in these crashes and what injuries happen because of them. JA was fortunate on that one where a lot of other guys weren't. After that he has rode very smart and in control for the most part.

I wish we had more guys on the gate for better racing but that's supercross. If he wins the Championship he earned it, just like all the other past winners. He was in the top 5 fastest going into the season so it's not a surprise where he is. It's not like everyone went out and we have a guy like Vince Friese leading the championship.
surfer22
3/26/2018 5:40pm
Anderson has been riding really well this year and his ride this past saturday was amazing. That being said, he's had quite a few close calls this year, including this weekend, but he always seems to get it back on two wheels. Good for him and maybe he will continue to stay on two wheels despite the close calls. If I had to bet money though I'd guess eventually he'll get bit. Probably not this year. I'm sure he'll win this year and he deserves it, but I don't see him going on a RV run and winning multiple championships in a row.

Post a reply to: Anderson impressed!

The Latest