Anderson impressed!

downard254
Well, that ride last night pretty much told you where Anderson’s frame of mind is in this title chase. 21st to 4th. Wow! Dude flat out put his head down and did some major damage control. He wasn’t pussy footing around out there. Hats off on a fine ride.
|
Crush
3/25/2018 4:57am
I really wouldn't be surprised if he wins 3 or 4 SX titles straight and bounces. He doesn't have a weakness like the other guys all do.

He races hard till the chequered flag and fit as fuck, he's better at bumping than pretty much everyone out there, starts are good, no tech deficiencies or soil conditions are good or bad, no major injuries to speak of, pretty much never crashes anyways and when he does he's frantic getting back to the front which is how he rides anyways so it ain't a problem.

The other contenders should pull their boot straps up or it's gonna be a long look at his jocks under that flapping jersey for quite some time.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
3/25/2018 4:58am
That was a championship ride.

He didn’t panic or flame out once, just like you said he put his head down and limited the damage.

Tomac needs to hire Dungey as an advisor. He could have backed it down and had an easy second, instead he’s crash or win. He needs help if he wants to become a Supercross champion imo.
BobKerr
3/25/2018 5:00am
Dude is mentally and physically at the top.
oldandslow1
3/25/2018 5:01am
Ramrod wrote:
That was a championship ride. He didn’t panic or flame out once, just like you said he put his head down and limited the damage. Tomac...

He didn’t panic or flame out once, just like you said he put his head down and limited the damage.

Tomac needs to hire Dungey as an advisor. He could have backed it down and had an easy second, instead he’s crash or win. He needs help if he wants to become a Supercross champion imo.
agreed, he needs to learn how to ride at 97%.

The Shop

3/25/2018 5:03am
Great ride no doubt but is almost seems like he's a protected species out there. Everything ends up going his way this season.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
3/25/2018 5:40am
he earned that for sure. I was surprised how many guys he caught. they are not at the same level of fitness.
lumpy790
3/25/2018 6:00am
4th is in the championship cruze mode.
3/25/2018 6:10am
Holtslayer wrote:
Great ride no doubt but is almost seems like he's a protected species out there. Everything ends up going his way this season.
Not sure I would say the first turn ‘went his way’
dcg141
3/25/2018 6:22am
Didn't Ryan have a 20 something to 4th race last year also?
mx317
3/25/2018 6:28am
lumpy790 wrote:
4th is in the championship cruze mode.
If he started up front, but he came from 21st. That was far from cruise mode.
gabrielito
3/25/2018 8:10am
Crush wrote:
I really wouldn't be surprised if he wins 3 or 4 SX titles straight and bounces. He doesn't have a weakness like the other guys all...
I really wouldn't be surprised if he wins 3 or 4 SX titles straight and bounces. He doesn't have a weakness like the other guys all do.

He races hard till the chequered flag and fit as fuck, he's better at bumping than pretty much everyone out there, starts are good, no tech deficiencies or soil conditions are good or bad, no major injuries to speak of, pretty much never crashes anyways and when he does he's frantic getting back to the front which is how he rides anyways so it ain't a problem.

The other contenders should pull their boot straps up or it's gonna be a long look at his jocks under that flapping jersey for quite some time.
Seems like he is a throw back to the 80's type of racer. Kind of like a Jeff Stanton. Old school for sure, not a lot of flash, not the fastest guy, just consistently in the fight and he seems to be the toughest fighter out there.
gt80rider
3/25/2018 8:48am
Ando is in beast mode, but is also being smart about it by keeping it on 2 wheels...
Fourth_Floor
3/25/2018 9:36am
Ramrod wrote:
That was a championship ride. He didn’t panic or flame out once, just like you said he put his head down and limited the damage. Tomac...

Why would he settle for 2nd right now? He's out of the Championship. With no championship to manage I'm sure Kawasaki wants this guy winning races.
VasageXx
3/25/2018 9:43am
dcg141 wrote:
Didn't Ryan have a 20 something to 4th race last year also?
Yes in Daytona last year the same exact thing happen to him and he rhode from 20 something to 4th beating Cole out and threw his goggle to the ground
3/25/2018 9:53am
Holtslayer wrote:
I have to wonder if you guys think before you type?!?!!

That first turn was completely out of his control and certainly didn't go his way!

Very nearly, the very last corner of the race didn't either.
King KTM
3/25/2018 10:04am
Ramrod wrote:

Why would he settle for 2nd right now? He's out of the Championship. With no championship to manage I'm sure Kawasaki wants this guy winning races.
Oh I don’t know maybe so he does not get his bell rung like last night or maybe Kawasaki does not case if he is healthy for outdoors. Does Kawasaki want him winning races, absolutely, do they want it done at all cost, I’m guessing not.
Autotech1957
3/25/2018 10:22am
Ramrod wrote:

James Stewart was a Wreckers or checkers rider and got crucified for it. I loved watching him ride up until the JGR Yamaha tried to kill him every 3rd race. That bike ended his career NOT the Dungey issue. Tomac is headed same direction. About 6 concussions seems to be the magic number.He has to be getting close to that.
walent215
3/25/2018 10:39am
Hes not much different than years past. Difference is Dungey, tomac, musquin , seely ,roczen,barcia are all out of the picture. Not saying he doesnt deserve this but plug them back in and hes in the same spot as the previous years.
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
3/25/2018 11:02am
walent215 wrote:
Hes not much different than years past. Difference is Dungey, tomac, musquin , seely ,roczen,barcia are all out of the picture. Not saying he doesnt deserve...
Hes not much different than years past. Difference is Dungey, tomac, musquin , seely ,roczen,barcia are all out of the picture. Not saying he doesnt deserve this but plug them back in and hes in the same spot as the previous years.
Dungey is the only one out of the picture. Anderson has beaten everyone else straight up this year even before their injuries.
walent215
3/25/2018 11:30am
walent215 wrote:
Hes not much different than years past. Difference is Dungey, tomac, musquin , seely ,roczen,barcia are all out of the picture. Not saying he doesnt deserve...
JJO741 wrote:
Dungey is the only one out of the picture. Anderson has beaten everyone else straight up this year even before their injuries.
Out of the picture= taking themselves out . Anderson deserves the cship if he wins it. All those i mentioned have been taken out or taken themselves out. If that wasnt the case Anderson finishes exactly the way he has the past couple years. Not taking anything from him just saying he hasnt upped his game and isnt very "impressive".....imo
3/25/2018 11:30am
Holtslayer wrote:
I have to wonder if you guys think before you type?!?!! That first turn was completely out of his control and certainly didn't go his way...
I have to wonder if you guys think before you type?!?!!

That first turn was completely out of his control and certainly didn't go his way!

Very nearly, the very last corner of the race didn't either.
No but still, Tomac, Webb, Tickle, Pieck, Baggett all end up on the ground.
Kyle_McNab
3/25/2018 12:39pm
Anderson wins this title regardless whos healthy or not. He has that eye of a tiger like he was in 14. Tomac is all over the place
Ted722
3/25/2018 1:13pm
A lot of good rides out there, but Anderson's certainly deserves the recognition. 27 laps has got to seem like an eternity on that track. Think of the different mindsets, Mookie, Tickle, Wilson all in basically un-chartered territory for themselves (this season), trying to hold on while Anderson's making his way to a 4th. Add to that he went 6th to 4th on the 22nd lap.

Marvin's not going away either. Hard to believe he missed an entire round at Houston and scored just 10 points at A2. He's only 35 down on Anderson, but would have been even closer if not for Anderson's great ride.
StevieTimes
3/25/2018 1:30pm
Is this the point where Ellie starts going for blatant cheap take-out moves? He could ride against Anderson the rest of the season like he rode Dungey at the last race, and maybe he still has a chance...

Doddy
3/25/2018 2:34pm
Not impressed. Anderson may win this championship, but it will be the only one. I'm going with logic and common sense on this one.
Motofinne
3/25/2018 2:49pm
Man, i don't subscribe with the calm, cool and collected theory.

Anderson has always been a bit wild on the bike and he is still riding on the limit. But he is getting away with it this season. Even when he does have big crashes(the big one in one of the practice sessions a few weeks ago) he gets "lucky" and doesn't get hurt like the rest of the riders. But i have to say that he has limited his bad days like a champ does.

Don't get me wrong. He deserves this title! But will he stack up 2 or 3 of these titles? I wouldn't put money on that.
Lightning78
3/25/2018 2:55pm
Doddy wrote:
Not impressed. Anderson may win this championship, but it will be the only one. I'm going with logic and common sense on this one.
I think you are wrong and I think you’ll see a much different areas and next year more aggressive and after the win he’s smart as they can be right now because all he has to do is not take himself out and he wins the title and millions of dollars bro and he’ll forever be a 450 Supercross champion years down the road no one will care or even know how it came about Dungy won plenty of titles like this to

Tomac is STILL taking himself out which leads me to believe... going off a consistent History, as fast as Tomac is, I dont think in SX he can keep from taking himself out and being his own wors enemy...even in the 250 class in sx one year tomac had a huge lead and endo’d in the whoops and handed the title away.

He is going to crush Bradshaw’s record of a racer with the most wins to never win a title it’s entirely possible he does because it would seem crazy to think he wouldn’t but if you can’t keep it together for a whole season which she hasn’t proven it all then I do wonder
RacerX8
3/25/2018 3:18pm
The thing I love about JA21 is that someone could show up to watch a SX and know jack squat about it and they'd realize that the 21 is leaving it ALL on the track. His style screams, "You know my intentions!".
Racer111
3/25/2018 4:01pm
You can SO tell who rides a Husky by the posts in this thread and the thread itself.

If I gave anyone props tonight, it’s Deano! Anderson is the points leader. He’s supposed to put in those rides, which still wasn’t as impressive as Tomac’s 22nd-2nd ride in Daytona.

And Deano is much better to listen to in the press conferences.

Awesome job, #15!!

Post a reply to: Anderson impressed!

The Latest