Anderson crash from another angle ... Warning! Graphic Video

robkinuk
9/28/2016 4:31am
TXDirt wrote:
Kinda surprised the other rider made no attempt to alter his landing or body position in any way. He could have tried to maybe come nose...
Kinda surprised the other rider made no attempt to alter his landing or body position in any way. He could have tried to maybe come nose down more, shorten up his landing so as to hit more of the back up the bike. Or maybe try and loop it out and make an attempt to get the bike more out of the way. Perhaps that's asking too much. Seems like such a strange no reaction. Oh look, I'm going to land on a guy. Fuck it, he can survive a blow to the head from my engine and skid plate. Really could not be a more direct hit to the head from the most solid part of the bike. I'm sure things are going so fast he didn't have a lot of time to do anything. I would think a natural reaction might be to do something, anything. Nope. Just jump and land on a guy and head back to pits to cool down.
Wow, some great armchair experts on here. Easy to critique a rider from a slow motion when it happened in reality 10 times faster right in front of us watching from the Skybox, 5 yards away!
The Japanese rider was hitting the jump the same as every lap. There was no way he could unlap himself as the finish line was the top of the launch ramp, not on the downside.
What was disgusting were the gutter journalists trying to take photo's of the injured Anderson being attended to by medics, shoving and pushing medics out of the way to get a better shot.
Also the Team USA so called staff members giving the Japanese rider a hard time after he turned around and came back, obviously concerned for Jason Anderson's condition. he was pushed and verbally abused by several hotheads in Team USA uniforms, reacting on emotion without the full facts of this unfortunate accident, that was just a racing incident..............
PRM31
9/28/2016 4:54am
My guess is that you could not see beyond the first jump as you approached it so the guy had no idea JA was there. Maybe a consideration for track designs. If guys are racing to the finish for position they need to be able to jump it safely while for others the race is over and they roll it. Not a good mix.
9/28/2016 5:31am
Crappy situation BUT watching him hold off Herlings and win that moto on a broken foot, not being back on the bike that long and pulling 10+ seconds on the rest of the field (yes i know herlings fell i meant besides herlings) made me a huge fan. I really hope he can pick the speed back up to where he was before he got injured this year. The guy was beating Tomac.
TXDirt
9/28/2016 6:52am
TXDirt wrote:
Kinda surprised the other rider made no attempt to alter his landing or body position in any way. He could have tried to maybe come nose...
Kinda surprised the other rider made no attempt to alter his landing or body position in any way. He could have tried to maybe come nose down more, shorten up his landing so as to hit more of the back up the bike. Or maybe try and loop it out and make an attempt to get the bike more out of the way. Perhaps that's asking too much. Seems like such a strange no reaction. Oh look, I'm going to land on a guy. Fuck it, he can survive a blow to the head from my engine and skid plate. Really could not be a more direct hit to the head from the most solid part of the bike. I'm sure things are going so fast he didn't have a lot of time to do anything. I would think a natural reaction might be to do something, anything. Nope. Just jump and land on a guy and head back to pits to cool down.
robkinuk wrote:
Wow, some great armchair experts on here. Easy to critique a rider from a slow motion when it happened in reality 10 times faster right in...
Wow, some great armchair experts on here. Easy to critique a rider from a slow motion when it happened in reality 10 times faster right in front of us watching from the Skybox, 5 yards away!
The Japanese rider was hitting the jump the same as every lap. There was no way he could unlap himself as the finish line was the top of the launch ramp, not on the downside.
What was disgusting were the gutter journalists trying to take photo's of the injured Anderson being attended to by medics, shoving and pushing medics out of the way to get a better shot.
Also the Team USA so called staff members giving the Japanese rider a hard time after he turned around and came back, obviously concerned for Jason Anderson's condition. he was pushed and verbally abused by several hotheads in Team USA uniforms, reacting on emotion without the full facts of this unfortunate accident, that was just a racing incident..............
I am an armchair expert and I appreciate you noticing! Tongue

I just thought it was strange that there was no attempt made to alter his landing. Of course this would have to be done without thinking. Perhaps he was just froze up? I kinda equate it to the panic rev. You do that without thinking. I'm guessing he knew what was about to happen and just froze up. It's human nature to try and avoid a catastrophe. But sometimes we get locked up with fear of what is about to happen. That's my best guess of why he didn't do anything.

The Shop

Olson
9/30/2016 2:52pm
Saw this video had made it to the front page of Swedens largest newspaper. They only write about motorsports when an accident happens. And such clickbait too, it was just a headline with "The rider celebrates his victory and suddenly disaster strikes" and a link to the video. F'cking scum.
9/30/2016 5:36pm
PRM31 wrote:
My guess is that you could not see beyond the first jump as you approached it so the guy had no idea JA was there. Maybe...
My guess is that you could not see beyond the first jump as you approached it so the guy had no idea JA was there. Maybe a consideration for track designs. If guys are racing to the finish for position they need to be able to jump it safely while for others the race is over and they roll it. Not a good mix.
X2, i dont think he would have jumped if he saw him
GreaseMeter
5/24/2017 8:33am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2017 8:33am
What is the story with the Japanese rider that landed on Anderson? Still racing? Doing GP's? Curious to what he is up to these days.
peelout
5/24/2017 8:52am
Glad to know that Jason is going to be ok. Young Tom Journet has had quite a year with Vurb and the Stankdog videos. Now he's...
Glad to know that Jason is going to be ok. Young Tom Journet has had quite a year with Vurb and the Stankdog videos. Now he's at MXdN and captures an incredible clip of one of the most bizarre incidents in recent memory. I'm sure we will be seeing more from him. Perhaps he will drop in and post in this thread.
Ducon39 wrote:
Tom seems to always be at the right place at the right time ... Remember, he also captured Anthony Rodriguez' ugly crash at Glen Helen! http://racerxonline.com/2016/05/29/anthony-rodriguez-ok-after-huge-crash-at-glen-helen...
Tom seems to always be at the right place at the right time ... Remember, he also captured Anthony Rodriguez' ugly crash at Glen Helen!

http://racerxonline.com/2016/05/29/anthony-rodriguez-ok-after-huge-cras…

nice try Tom, we know who you really are, you sick bastard

visser62
5/24/2017 10:57am
What is the story with the Japanese rider that landed on Anderson? Still racing? Doing GP's? Curious to what he is up to these days.
He races the GPs for HRC, but I believe he got injured at Qatar.
GreaseMeter
5/24/2017 11:19am
visser62 wrote:
He races the GPs for HRC, but I believe he got injured at Qatar.
Thanks
5/26/2017 4:11am
I just don't get how the guy that landed on Jason didn't even try to maneuver away from him. He didn't see him? I think he did. I'm not saying he did it on purpose, but even a D class rider would have tried putting some body English on the bike to attempt not landing on another rider. I read somewhere that some of the riders on some of the MX des nations teams aren't worthy of racing that caliber of race, and I think this would be proof of that.
Prntscrn
5/26/2017 4:32am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2017 4:38am
I just don't get how the guy that landed on Jason didn't even try to maneuver away from him. He didn't see him? I think he...
I just don't get how the guy that landed on Jason didn't even try to maneuver away from him. He didn't see him? I think he did. I'm not saying he did it on purpose, but even a D class rider would have tried putting some body English on the bike to attempt not landing on another rider. I read somewhere that some of the riders on some of the MX des nations teams aren't worthy of racing that caliber of race, and I think this would be proof of that.
Well, then there are a lot of riders who aren't worthy of racing mxdn, outdoors and GPs. He just got lapped by Jason, how many guys doesn't Jason normally lap during an AMA moto? Once he was in the air there was nothing he could do
Swann
5/26/2017 4:42am
"Graphic" would be Jason Anderson's head getting lopped off by a sword-wielding Japanese ninja motocross racer.
hoppsan
5/26/2017 5:15am
I just don't get how the guy that landed on Jason didn't even try to maneuver away from him. He didn't see him? I think he...
Chihiro's best lap was about 95% the speed of Anderson's in that moto. Having 95% of Anderson's pace in the final moto of the final round in the AMA nationals last year would have put your lap-time in the top 12. This obviously means absolutely nothing, but you were trying to write off an otherwise solid rider as a squid for having the audacity of just getting lapped by Anderson so I figured I ought to point out that he's absolutely not one of those riders that put on their shirts backwards and didn't clear most of the jumps in France a few years back (yes, that happened).
gharmon
5/26/2017 6:36am
Yeah, shit happens. I hate it that we lost a legit chance at winning the title. Hell we should have won it, was leading for the win with several positions for cooper to drop and it was still ours even without JA. So it's not like the guy stole the win from us.

I'm as patriotic as it comes and i'm not mad at the guy. Hell it might be because I know what it feels like TWICE in 4 months what it feels like for someone to do something different while I'm in mid-air (I was out of work for 10 months between those two crashes). I don't blame JA either. You can argue that's the biggest win he'll every achieve in his career and he just wanted to cross the finish and lot out a big breath of CO2 i'm sure he was retaining from such an awesome ride. And it was an awesome ride (I don't care that JH fell, that's part of racing)!! Not everyone gets the chance to race that race and to say you WON a race for your country, hell I'd consider that a highlight of my career.

Reading this thread just makes me so happy that I've decided to make the journey this year. I'm heading to drop off my passport application this morning anticipating coming over to the U.K for the first time ever!! You guys said to truly appreciate the MXDN you had to go to Europe to see one. Well I'm coming dammit so don't you wanker's make me regret the trip!!
5/27/2017 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2017 8:19pm
hoppsan wrote:
Chihiro's best lap was about 95% the speed of Anderson's in that moto. Having 95% of Anderson's pace in the final moto of the final round...
Chihiro's best lap was about 95% the speed of Anderson's in that moto. Having 95% of Anderson's pace in the final moto of the final round in the AMA nationals last year would have put your lap-time in the top 12. This obviously means absolutely nothing, but you were trying to write off an otherwise solid rider as a squid for having the audacity of just getting lapped by Anderson so I figured I ought to point out that he's absolutely not one of those riders that put on their shirts backwards and didn't clear most of the jumps in France a few years back (yes, that happened).
I wasn't calling the guy a squid for getting lapped, but for landing on top of another rider! Maybe he didn't see him and if I'm out of line then I am sorry for that. But, if this is an elite event where the best in the world come to ride, then I think stuff like this shouldn't happen. But, then again, maybe it was just a freak occurrence? If Fast Freddy Noren would have gotten landed on would you be defending the guy that landed on him? As far as what you said about the guy being at 95% of Anderson's pace and that putting him in the top 12 at the AMA nationals....?.....right! Nice try manipulating that data. Using your math logic, if the Japanese rider that landed on JA21 finished at 95% of the time of JA21 at the last national of the year in the final moto, he would have finished about where Carson Tickle did in 26th. That's the last moto too, where a lot of top riders are out with injury as well, such as, Dungey, JS7, CR22, Blake Bagget, Malcolm Stewart to name a few!
hoppsan
5/27/2017 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2017 8:23pm
hoppsan wrote:
Chihiro's best lap was about 95% the speed of Anderson's in that moto. Having 95% of Anderson's pace in the final moto of the final round...
I wasn't calling the guy a squid for getting lapped, but for landing on top of another rider! Maybe he didn't see him and if I'm...
I wasn't calling the guy a squid for getting lapped, but for landing on top of another rider! Maybe he didn't see him and if I'm out of line then I am sorry for that. But, if this is an elite event where the best in the world come to ride, then I think stuff like this shouldn't happen. But, then again, maybe it was just a freak occurrence? If Fast Freddy Noren would have gotten landed on would you be defending the guy that landed on him? As far as what you said about the guy being at 95% of Anderson's pace and that putting him in the top 12 at the AMA nationals....?.....right! Nice try manipulating that data. Using your math logic, if the Japanese rider that landed on JA21 finished at 95% of the time of JA21 at the last national of the year in the final moto, he would have finished about where Carson Tickle did in 26th. That's the last moto too, where a lot of top riders are out with injury as well, such as, Dungey, JS7, CR22, Blake Bagget, Malcolm Stewart to name a few!
I care just as much about Anderson's well-being as I do for Norén's or anyone elses. I was there and was horrified about what happened and gutted for the US-team, but it was a freak accident and nothing else.

Edit: I spoke about best lap-times (I did point this out), I don't exactly see how I was "manipulating data". I also mentioned that this obviously meant nothing whatsoever, merely that you were out of line in regards of assuming that he is a squid.
5/27/2017 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2017 8:43pm
hoppsan wrote:
I wasn't calling the guy a squid for getting lapped, but for landing on top of another rider! Maybe he didn't see him and if I'm...
hoppsan wrote:
I care just as much about Anderson's well-being as I do for Norén's or anyone elses. I was there and was horrified about what happened and...
I care just as much about Anderson's well-being as I do for Norén's or anyone elses. I was there and was horrified about what happened and gutted for the US-team, but it was a freak accident and nothing else.

Edit: I spoke about best lap-times (I did point this out), I don't exactly see how I was "manipulating data". I also mentioned that this obviously meant nothing whatsoever, merely that you were out of line in regards of assuming that he is a squid.
I can live with that since I have no proof that he did anything other than it being a freak accident! Manipulating data, the way you phrased it was a little confusing. You were trying to make a point that the Japanese rider was not unworthy of racing because you stated that his 95%, which was closer to 0.945, of Anderson's top lap would put him in the top 12 in the AMA nationals. Whether he is worthy or not, his 95% pace would put him around 20-30 at most rounds. Look at the race at MX des nations where JA21 won. Noren was 11th, which is roughly where he normally finished in America, 7-14 almost every moto. So, I was a little out of line for being emotional about it, but I still have a hard time seeing how he never noticed Jason. Jason should have jumped the finish normal so he is a little accountable for not getting out of the way.
5/27/2017 8:56pm
Prntscrn wrote:
Well, then there are a lot of riders who aren't worthy of racing mxdn, outdoors and GPs. He just got lapped by Jason, how many guys...
Well, then there are a lot of riders who aren't worthy of racing mxdn, outdoors and GPs. He just got lapped by Jason, how many guys doesn't Jason normally lap during an AMA moto? Once he was in the air there was nothing he could do
Like I posted above. I wasn't judging him for getting lapped, but for landing on top of a racer. I admit to being emotional about it and have a hard time seeing how he never noticed him but I can't prove it was anything other than a freak accident.
F.B
5/27/2017 10:50pm
Like I posted above. I wasn't judging him for getting lapped, but for landing on top of a racer. I admit to being emotional about it...
Like I posted above. I wasn't judging him for getting lapped, but for landing on top of a racer. I admit to being emotional about it and have a hard time seeing how he never noticed him but I can't prove it was anything other than a freak accident.
Since you think he saw him, what is your theory?
5/27/2017 11:51pm
You got me! I didn't want to say because I have no proof. It probably was a freak occurrence! I have a wild imagination and the thoughts can play tricks with perspective. That's all I will say, cause, like I said, I can't prove anything.
jemcee
5/27/2017 11:55pm
Like I posted above. I wasn't judging him for getting lapped, but for landing on top of a racer. I admit to being emotional about it...
Going off Simpson's gopro
If, IF he was looking up at the top of the lip he may, MAY have noticed Anderson's helmet poking over the top

He would be completely out of sight here

Then look at the time stamp, less than one second later he would've gotten his first sight of Anderson but already committed

5/28/2017 12:03am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2017 12:04am
Its hard to say. He had to have seen the checkers, and must have been aware when he crossed. The way his body language was, is like he had no clue he was there. Maybe he wasn't wearing his corrective contact lenses?
chad_111
5/28/2017 12:22am
Its hard to say. He had to have seen the checkers, and must have been aware when he crossed. The way his body language was, is...
Its hard to say. He had to have seen the checkers, and must have been aware when he crossed. The way his body language was, is like he had no clue he was there. Maybe he wasn't wearing his corrective contact lenses?
He Just got lapped, so he never got a white flag, so its very possible that he just noticed that a flag was waving, and thought that it was the white flag instead of the checkers.
5/28/2017 12:39am
Does anyone other than me think its possible that he saw him and just didn't do anything to try to move to the left. Guys maneuver the bike in the air all the time. I think he may have thought he was going to miss him just to the left, but still he never made an attempt to move. Anyway, I cant prove anything other than he just didn't see him. Common sense too says that if he knew he was going to land on someone then there was a good chance he was going to get messed up too! So, I can believe it was a complete accident.

Post a reply to: Anderson crash from another angle ... Warning! Graphic Video

The Latest