Anderson/Tomac: Still with AStars?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2021 7:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2021 7:16 AM

Will Jason Anderson and Eli Tomac retain their Alpinestars sponsorships with their new team placement for 2022? Neither team has a specific gear sponsor. I used to think AStars (with Barcia back in the day...and Tomac too) had some of the ugliest gear out there...but they have sure come around in the last couple of years.

|

9/14/2021 7:24 AM

I think they pay those dudes pretty well so as long as the $ amount is right I don’t see them wanting to change.

|

Roczen slander bloodhound...

9/14/2021 7:26 AM

Apparently there's a big name rider that is changing gear brand, but not sure who.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/14/2021 7:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2021 7:39 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Apparently there's a big name rider that is changing gear brand, but not sure who.

Hmmmm...

Roczen: Fox. I'd be totally shocked if Kenny left Fox...

Webb: THOR. I think THOR is a KTM team sponsor. Is that right?

Ferrandis: THOR. I hope so...his gear is pretty ugly for the most part...but it's a team sponsor, I think.

Anderson: AStars. See above.

Tomac: AStars. See above.

Barcia: Troy Lee. Team apparel sponsor.

AC: Fox. Like Roczen...I'd be shocked if he left Fox.

Dean Wilson: O'Neal. Not a huge name...but he Deano is very loyal to those who have stood by him.

Plessinger: THOR. Will stay there if he moves to KTM.

Sexton: AStars. Who knows? He might be looking for a juicy gear contract as an up-and-comer.

|

9/14/2021 7:42 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Hmmmm...

Webb: THOR. I think THOR is a KTM team sponsor. Is that ...more

Ferrandis as a 450 guy can choose what he wants. Pretty sure thor made it worth his while

|

9/14/2021 7:58 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Hmmmm...

mxb2 wrote:

Ferrandis as a 450 guy can choose what he wants. Pretty sure thor made it worth his while

Ferrandis definitely made it worthwhile for Thor.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

9/14/2021 8:05 AM

Star riders have all been in Thor as a team deal. They did give Mookie an exception. Will be interesting to see if they allow Eli to honor his Alpinestars contract.

|

9/14/2021 8:09 AM

Zoom wrote:

Star riders have all been in Thor as a team deal. They did give Mookie an exception. Will be interesting to see if they allow ...more

Not 450 guys.

AP’s deal is up, I think that’s who the ‘big name’ guy is. I have a feeling he’s staying put with his current stuff.

|

9/14/2021 8:18 AM

Zoom wrote:

Star riders have all been in Thor as a team deal. They did give Mookie an exception. Will be interesting to see if they allow ...more

They are "allowing" him to train in Colorado, so I think it's safe to say they'll let him keep whatever gear deal he wants.

|

9/14/2021 8:30 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Hmmmm...

KTM does not have a team deal for gear it just coincidence that Webb and Marv are both Thor….Max is TLD
I would look for AP to be in something different…

|

9/14/2021 8:46 AM

Wonder if Kenny will be in renen?

|

9/14/2021 9:07 AM

I wonder if Fly is trying to get a big name rider. It sounds like they almost had the Lawrence brothers before the Geico team fell apart.

|

9/14/2021 9:15 AM

I cant think of any factory team that has gear deals for their 450 guys? I could be wrong though.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

9/14/2021 9:17 AM

Dimblewambie wrote:

I cant think of any factory team that has gear deals for their 450 guys? I could be wrong though.

Just RMATV but not quite full factory.

|

9/14/2021 9:27 AM

AP with FLY maybe.. I know they got a "big name" geared up for 22'

|

9/14/2021 9:57 AM

AP to Fly would make sense with Zacko retiring.

|

9/14/2021 10:06 AM

Hope AP just goes full Alpinestar that helmet fits his style.

|

9/14/2021 10:06 AM

Dimblewambie wrote:

Spooner wrote:

Just RMATV but not quite full factory.

Yeah them and MCR.. not sure why people are saying guys are locked into “team deals”.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

9/14/2021 10:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2021 10:13 AM

I didn’t even realize that MCR and butler bros had gear deals. I just assumed it was a given that 450 riders get to ride for whatever gear company they want.

What us the benefit for a team to have a gear deal? Does it help fund the race efforts as well as the rider salary?

|

9/14/2021 10:14 AM

Sawfish wrote:

I didn’t even realize that MCR and butler bros had gear deals. I just assumed it was a given that 450 riders get to ride for ...more

HEP has a gear deal as well.

|

9/14/2021 10:35 AM

Ok yeah there is another big guy getting some big cash tossed at him but personally I hope he stays put.

|

9/14/2021 10:48 AM

I hear you, it just feels like this opinion comes up quite a bit in your posts. I shouldn't take it personally but that's easier said than done.

As to your original post itself, neither Star nor KTM 450 programs are team deals, even though it appears so at times. There are offers flying in every direction for many of these guys. Similarly, MXGP deals are heating up, too.

|

9/14/2021 11:58 AM

stremme12 wrote:

I wonder if Fly is trying to get a big name rider. It sounds like they almost had the Lawrence brothers before the Geico team ...more

That would have been a low move for the Lawerences. Look at the cool stuff they are doing with alpinestars

|

9/14/2021 12:01 PM

stremme12 wrote:

I wonder if Fly is trying to get a big name rider. It sounds like they almost had the Lawrence brothers before the Geico team ...more

thepelican wrote:

That would have been a low move for the Lawerences. Look at the cool stuff they are doing with alpinestars

It appears someone deleted some posts in this page that went into more context. It was said that it was a team deal with Geico not exclusive to just the Lawrence brothers. I'm sure FLY could just as well create some custom stuff for high profile guys like Jett.

|

9/14/2021 1:51 PM

stremme12 wrote:

thepelican wrote:

stremme12 wrote:

It appears someone deleted some posts in this page that went into more context. It was said that it was a team deal with Geico ...more

I'm not sure if someone deleted my post or what but yes, that was the plan. Geico had verbally agreed to a deal for 2021-2023 which would have included them. I was obviously very excited about it but life goes on.

|

9/14/2021 2:25 PM

thepelican wrote:

stremme12 wrote:

It appears someone deleted some posts in this page that went into more context. It was said that it was a team deal with Geico ...more

Jt$ wrote:

I'm not sure if someone deleted my post or what but yes, that was the plan. Geico had verbally agreed to a deal for 2021-2023 ...more

Always avoid verbals.
I'd say jetts price just went up considerably

|

9/14/2021 3:39 PM

Richard Tease II wrote:

Always avoid verbals.
I'd say jetts price just went up considerably

The verbal part didn't matter when Geico discontinued their sponsorship of the team. The whole thing was dead in the water at that point.

|

9/14/2021 7:34 PM

AC to Answer.

|

9/14/2021 10:32 PM

Does Pete Fox have the $ for Sexton to wear RENEN?
I could see that might happen?

|

-The era of procrastination, of Half-Measures, of Soothing and Baffeling expedients, of Delays, is Coming to its Close. -In its Place We are Entering a Period of Consequences.

9/14/2021 11:07 PM

RickLeY wrote:

Does Pete Fox have the $ for Sexton to wear RENEN?
I could see that might happen?

Sexton just signed with Alpinestars at the beginning of last outdoor season, so I don't see him moving on this quick.

|