Anderson SX title

Cortami79
Edited Date/Time 4/26/2018 4:39pm
Just wondering, what place should he get to wrap up the title? Would be awesome if he could clinch it this weekend
|
aeffertz
4/25/2018 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2018 11:40pm
If Marvin wins, Jason needs to get at least 5th to clinch the title.

Also, if Marvin wins this weekend, they will be tied with 4 wins each. Therefore if the points ended up in a tie after Vegas, it would go to Marvin. That is a very unlikely scenario, though.
shmoo
Fantasy
226th
4/26/2018 12:05am
Let's hope he clinches it Saturday- that is the best guarantee for an all out dogfight in Vegas.
All three of them, and probably Barcia as well, will want to put sort of stamp on the end of the series.
Look for a good race from Reed as well...

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a Vegas thread!
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
4/26/2018 12:20am
aeffertz wrote:
If Marvin wins, Jason needs to get at least 5th to clinch the title. Also, if Marvin wins this weekend, they will be tied with 4...
If Marvin wins, Jason needs to get at least 5th to clinch the title.

Also, if Marvin wins this weekend, they will be tied with 4 wins each. Therefore if the points ended up in a tie after Vegas, it would go to Marvin. That is a very unlikely scenario, though.
I believe if Musquin wins, Anderson needs to take 4th or better to clinch.

A First for Musquin would put him at 324 points. (298 + 26).
A 5th place would put Anderson at 350 points. (332 + 18).
That wouldn't be enough.

Since there are 26 points available for a win, in the above scenario, if Musquin won Vegas, Anderson would have to score 1 point to win the championship.

So, if Anderson takes 4th or better this week, no matter what anyone else does he'll clinch the title.

He just needs to at minimum lose no more than 7 points to Musquin this week to clinch.
Cortami79
4/26/2018 12:51am
Radical wrote:
I believe if Musquin wins, Anderson needs to take 4th or better to clinch. A First for Musquin would put him at 324 points. (298 +...

That wouldn't be enough.

Since there are 26 points available for a win, in the above scenario, if Musquin won Vegas, Anderson would have to score 1 point to win the championship.

So, if Anderson takes 4th or better this week, no matter what anyone else does he'll clinch the title.

He just needs to at minimum lose no more than 7 points to Musquin this week to clinch.
Sweet! Well, as Shmoo said hopefully he will clinch it so we can see a top fight at Vegas

The Shop

Flip109
4/26/2018 1:25am
I think if the title is settled none of the top 3 will put up much of a fight at Vegas. Especially Ellie. Staying healthy for outdoors.
BobKerr
4/26/2018 2:52am
I predict Eli is going to win this weekend, and Anderson will clinch the title.
DonM
4/26/2018 5:57am
Flip109 wrote:
I think if the title is settled none of the top 3 will put up much of a fight at Vegas. Especially Ellie. Staying healthy for...
I think if the title is settled none of the top 3 will put up much of a fight at Vegas. Especially Ellie. Staying healthy for outdoors.
So there's going to be two Reeds racing in Vegas? Silly
gb4mx
4/26/2018 6:03am
There will be a fine pair in Vegas.
Forty
4/26/2018 6:06am
Flip109 wrote:
I think if the title is settled none of the top 3 will put up much of a fight at Vegas. Especially Ellie. Staying healthy for...
DonM wrote:
Seriously. I’d like it if Chad would come forward and say one of two things.

A. I’ve lost a step and am no longer willing to hang it out
B. These guys are at another level and I’m not there yet.

Sorry to hijack. Not sure the points but I’d like to see El Hombre wrap it up too.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/26/2018 6:23am
Flip109 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Forty wrote:
Seriously. I’d like it if Chad would come forward and say one of two things. A. I’ve lost a step and am no longer willing to...

Sorry to hijack. Not sure the points but I’d like to see El Hombre wrap it up too.
Why would he state the obvious
krypto71
4/26/2018 6:29am
Realistically Marvin has about as much chance as Tomac to win this title - none! Plus Marvin doesn't have Dungey there to pay it back and let him have the win on the last lap :D
Tacosnbeers
4/26/2018 6:36am
Flip109 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Forty wrote:
Seriously. I’d like it if Chad would come forward and say one of two things. A. I’ve lost a step and am no longer willing to...

He isn't going to say that. I think he still thinks he can win!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
4/26/2018 6:55am
Flip109 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Forty wrote:

He's been saying B all year.
Kyle_McNab
4/26/2018 6:56am
Hell yeah anderson got this podium to wrap up the championship. Hopefully the altitude doesn’t get to him tho
aeffertz
4/26/2018 7:29am
Radical wrote:
I believe if Musquin wins, Anderson needs to take 4th or better to clinch. A First for Musquin would put him at 324 points. (298 +...

That wouldn't be enough.

Doh, brain fart. I was thinking even if he got 1 point/last in Vegas. But he still has to make the main event to get the point. So 4th or better clinches the title if Marvin wins, you right.
Flip109
4/26/2018 7:34am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2018 7:34am
Flip109 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. Meant Eli aka Ellie after that last press conference LaughingLaughing
DonM
4/26/2018 7:37am
Flip109 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Flip109 wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. Meant Eli aka Ellie after that last press conference LaughingLaughing
No confusion...just thought is was a funny typo!
Moto520
4/26/2018 7:39am
Is Reed racing outdoors?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/26/2018 8:03am
I don't see an all out battle in Vegas next weekend if JA wraps it up this weekend. If the win is there for someone, of course they will try to win it, but I don't see anyone racing super hard for the win. Last SX race of the year and right before Hangtown. Everyone will ride smart and safe.
4/26/2018 8:15am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I don't see an all out battle in Vegas next weekend if JA wraps it up this weekend. If the win is there for someone, of...
I don't see an all out battle in Vegas next weekend if JA wraps it up this weekend. If the win is there for someone, of course they will try to win it, but I don't see anyone racing super hard for the win. Last SX race of the year and right before Hangtown. Everyone will ride smart and safe.
I don't believe that at all. If you don't think Anderson has been playing it smart you're crazy. If he gets this thing wrapped up he'll be looking to put a stamp on it with a victory. He's been claiming all year that he wants to beat Tomac heads up. Do you think Tomac will check up and let the world think Anderson beat him straight up? Not going to happen. Barcia has something to prove, Brayton isn't going outdoors, Marv might lay down but not the rest.
Flip109
4/26/2018 8:23am
Peel that damn 2 off coops bike and let him have it lol coop isn’t doing it any justice
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/26/2018 8:25am
Moto520 wrote:
Is Reed racing outdoors?
Not the series, I think he said something about doing one round and maybe MXdN? But definitely not doing the series.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/26/2018 8:26am
What single digit will JA take?
jeffro503 wrote:
Kinda hope he sticks with the #21.
He's pretty well entrenched with 21, I'd bet he keeps it.
4/26/2018 9:20am
Radical wrote:

That wouldn't be enough.

Gotta sting a little for Marv. He's probably going to lose the championship by less than a race and he missed a race. Should have just kept to sucking in the whoops instead of trying to keep up when his doors were being blown off but that's not how winners think.
ob
4/26/2018 9:50am
What happens if JA scores 0 points and Marv wins?

Post a reply to: Anderson SX title

The Latest