Anderson Leaves Bakers Factory?

JayBraap19
Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:31am
Keefer alluded to this in his report on pulp, as well as Steve mentioning it in Monday nights podcast. Apparently it was the talk amongst the pits (aside from RV2 turning blue).

Complete horse sh*t, or...?

Never mind what anyone thinks about the Bakers Factory, MM25, or JA21 respectively, I could foresee Aldon playing favorites to MM25 for one reason or another...

We all know Dungey was the golden boy in that camp for years. Maybe Anderson got upset due to Marv being favored as the predecessor? Maybe Redbull/KTM is greasing some palms to make sure Marv is “priority”?

|
JayBraap19
1/11/2018 6:23am
Subbed for super secret Vital “insider scoops” and “Stamp it” talk...
jtiger12
1/11/2018 6:27am
And right after a 4 year contract extension?
1/11/2018 6:31am
If anything, I'd say Anderson doesn't want to ride with Marv. There's nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't even talk to another title contender if I were one of em.
JayBraap19
1/11/2018 6:32am
jtiger12 wrote:
And right after a 4 year contract extension?
If someone guaranteed me a job for the next 4 years, it would make jumping ship on my training program feel a lot less risky.

The Shop

Motofinne
1/11/2018 6:37am
If anything, I'd say Anderson doesn't want to ride with Marv. There's nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't even talk to another title contender if I...
If anything, I'd say Anderson doesn't want to ride with Marv. There's nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't even talk to another title contender if I were one of em.
Yep.

Weege asked Marvin after A1. He said that things have changed after Dungey retired since he was the clear number 1 guy.

That is normal in my eyes, no big deal. Both of them are title contenders and they finished 1 and 2 at A1. I imagine that it would be difficult to train together in that situation.
1/11/2018 6:37am
Honestly him leaving bakers is probably the best thing. He gave it his all and never really had a big jump from where he was. Also snow he can race Marvin how he would need to to win a championship. It has to be hard to take a guy wide or down that you have to see on Monday
JayBraap19
1/11/2018 6:38am
If anything, I'd say Anderson doesn't want to ride with Marv. There's nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't even talk to another title contender if I...
But do you think Anderson hasn’t seen himself as a title contender for the last few years? I always wondered when Dungey was around, if maybe mentally he just took a back seat or if this is something that’s been brewing for a while.
Motodave15
1/11/2018 6:38am
Personally in our sport which we love... I never understood the training with your rival when you reach the premier class.

I feel/ felt like it would be a conflict of interest, I mean were all human and to race and train with the same dude who may or maynot beat your ass every weekend would breed animosity and maybe even a few thoughts of ill will towards your rival. To know you guys are doing the exact same thing and hes still winning would also bum me out and cause self doubt.

So im pumped to see what anderson has, if he really left the baker factory. Might be a good thing

I dont think you could've gotten RC and Reed to train together for anything back when they were going at it.
JayBraap19
1/11/2018 6:42am
So maybe the even bigger question is this:

IFAnderson has left (speculation), where is he going or what program will he be on that will allow him to mentally and physically be on track for a title this year? Does he train alone (ala Tomac) or does he join another group?
bsharkey
1/11/2018 7:08am
Good jason can save some $$$. Aldon aint no riding coach.i think if you have fitness issues and the $$$ aldon could help.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
1/11/2018 7:11am
Downside is riding with marvin all week helps him push. If he's only ridding with deano, is he going to continue battling for the lead, or will be battling for 5th?
Daddyfatsac
1/11/2018 7:18am
colintrax wrote:
Downside is riding with marvin all week helps him push. If he's only ridding with deano, is he going to continue battling for the lead, or...
Downside is riding with marvin all week helps him push. If he's only ridding with deano, is he going to continue battling for the lead, or will be battling for 5th?
Flip side to that is who's pushing Marv now?
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
1/11/2018 7:55am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2018 7:56am
Watching some of the film with dungey and Aldon, I get the feeling that Aldon tries to also be a riding coach, and some of the advice you hear him give is far above his actual understanding of riding a motorcycle at those speeds.

Is he a great trainer? Not a doubt in my mind. Does he know with confidence that any of the technique input he’s giving is correct? Not a chance.

Jason is the man and I hope he finds whatever works for him.
downard254
1/11/2018 7:58am
Maybe Anderson should head to the Goat Farm. I could think of worse places to go. Are there any top tier guys training at RC's place. I know Savatgy rides there, just not sure if any 450 guys do.
gym_jackets
1/11/2018 8:05am
downard254 wrote:
Maybe Anderson should head to the Goat Farm. I could think of worse places to go. Are there any top tier guys training at RC's place...
Maybe Anderson should head to the Goat Farm. I could think of worse places to go. Are there any top tier guys training at RC's place. I know Savatgy rides there, just not sure if any 450 guys do.
I think Bogle
USMCMXer
1/11/2018 8:05am
downard254 wrote:
Maybe Anderson should head to the Goat Farm. I could think of worse places to go. Are there any top tier guys training at RC's place...
Bogle
MR. X
1/11/2018 8:06am
He's out shopping for a new suit so the male audience can talk about how good he looks in it.
Polski934
1/11/2018 8:11am
bsharkey wrote:
Good jason can save some $$$. Aldon aint no riding coach.i think if you have fitness issues and the $$$ aldon could help.
I thought Aldon was basically employed by KTM now meaning he was exclusive to that team. Maybe he didn't have to pay personally anymore? Just burned out like most of his riders get after a while.
IWreckALot
1/11/2018 8:32am
Motodave15 wrote:
Personally in our sport which we love... I never understood the training with your rival when you reach the premier class. I feel/ felt like it...
Personally in our sport which we love... I never understood the training with your rival when you reach the premier class.

I feel/ felt like it would be a conflict of interest, I mean were all human and to race and train with the same dude who may or maynot beat your ass every weekend would breed animosity and maybe even a few thoughts of ill will towards your rival. To know you guys are doing the exact same thing and hes still winning would also bum me out and cause self doubt.

So im pumped to see what anderson has, if he really left the baker factory. Might be a good thing

I dont think you could've gotten RC and Reed to train together for anything back when they were going at it.
I was just thinking of other non team sports. I don't think golfers or tennis players practice with their rivals. Road bike racers practice as teams I believe. So there is that.

But there is significantly more money in those sports so the athletes can afford higher level coaches without breaking their own bank.

It may just be the way the sport has operated for a long time. And there is some validity to practicing with those who are comparable in speed.

Guess I understand both sides of the argument.
IceMan446
1/11/2018 8:35am
Anderson didn't train there all off season.

I can see some fire works between those two at some point this year.
motosmith
1/11/2018 8:38am
Or maybe there is nothing new to learn from Baker.

Get your diet figured out. Get your cardio training figured out. Proper weight training. Ride a lot. Plenty of sleep/rest.

It's not rocket science.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
1/11/2018 8:43am
colintrax wrote:
Downside is riding with marvin all week helps him push. If he's only ridding with deano, is he going to continue battling for the lead, or...
I think it's fair to say they push eachother, them not riding together hurts them both imo. Good for Roczen and Tomac though
rohleder644
1/11/2018 8:49am
motosmith wrote:
Or maybe there is nothing new to learn from Baker. Get your diet figured out. Get your cardio training figured out. Proper weight training. Ride a...
Or maybe there is nothing new to learn from Baker.

Get your diet figured out. Get your cardio training figured out. Proper weight training. Ride a lot. Plenty of sleep/rest.

It's not rocket science.
To add to this, Jason knows what Marvin is working with. They've both utilized the same training methods. It's got them to relatively the same place in speed. Maybe a couple new tricks from a different trainer gives Jason the advantage. He's certainly not going to un-learn what he's gotten from his time with Aldon.
Wilson116
Fantasy
1599th
1/11/2018 8:49am
colintrax wrote:
colintrax wrote:
I think it's fair to say they push eachother, them not riding together hurts them both imo. Good for Roczen and Tomac though
What about Osborne?
Ted722
1/11/2018 8:57am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Maybe Husky wanted him to leave!
They've been training together the last 3 years (maybe 4?). I could see Husky and/or the man/Aldon seeing this as a positive that would benefit both riders (mostly mentally). Because he's not training at Baker's factory, doesn't mean Anderson's not under the watchful eye of the Baker program. A one two at A1 is a good start, but we won't really know until 3 or 4 rounds from now.
jeffro503
1/11/2018 9:14am
I'm pretty sure if Jason is leaving , he already has a place to go and with another trainer. I don't blame him for wanting to leave if he thought he was getting treated as 2nd fiddle. Where ever he goes , I just hope he keeps the same intensity and training going.

Post a reply to: Anderson Leaves Bakers Factory?

The Latest