Anderson....

Edited Date/Time 5/20/2018 6:26am
Is he the least respected 450sx champion ever? Everything I read seems like the media has written him off. Asking questions like "will he be a one and done?" or "will he spran an ankle and pull out of the mx championship?" Remember, this is the same guy everyone said wouldn't survive working with Baker. I get that he hasn't won an overall but I still think he has a good chance at winning this outdoor championship. I think he likes flying in under the radar. He's the guy I'm pulling for in the 450 class for sure. Good luck JA21
|
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/18/2018 9:08am
He has as good of shot as anyone else. He’s no pussy and won’t pull out from a sprained ankle, you can count on that !!
BobPA
5/18/2018 9:11am
Is he the least respected 450sx champion ever? Everything I read seems like the media has written him off. Asking questions like "will he be a...
Is he the least respected 450sx champion ever? Everything I read seems like the media has written him off. Asking questions like "will he be a one and done?" or "will he spran an ankle and pull out of the mx championship?" Remember, this is the same guy everyone said wouldn't survive working with Baker. I get that he hasn't won an overall but I still think he has a good chance at winning this outdoor championship. I think he likes flying in under the radar. He's the guy I'm pulling for in the 450 class for sure. Good luck JA21
Dude won an MXofN moto with broken toes...I do not think he will pull out for nothing.

From what I saw the media was pumped for the guy....I guess it depends on what even narrative you are trying to push.
BigDaddyG
5/18/2018 9:11am
He had a bunch of podiums last years in the outdoor moto's......I have him winning some motos this year and a few overalls. He will be fast.

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/18/2018 9:14am
I kind of look at him similar to Barcia, they are racers and never afraid to grind it out.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
5/18/2018 9:21am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 9:22am
Is there really such a thing as "one and done" after you win the 450 class supercross title? Just getting ONE is a major feat..

I don't think that type of term applies to winning that championship regardless if he ever wins one again.

99.9% of riders are none and done..

early
Fantasy
2212th
5/18/2018 9:29am
250 west SX champion, 450sx race winner, never been a factor in an outdoor championship although has shown flashes of brilliance. The hill is a little taller to the 450 outdoor Championship for him but he's capable. As far as 1 and done, its likely he'll be a factor indoors for the rest of his career.
Preston412
5/18/2018 9:32am
Anderson will ride his ass off until the checker flag, Tomac and Musquin better be on their A game every lap.
5/18/2018 9:45am
Is he the least respected 450sx champion ever? Everything I read seems like the media has written him off. Asking questions like "will he be a...
BobPA wrote:
Dude won an MXofN moto with broken toes...I do not think he will pull out for nothing. From what I saw the media was pumped for...
Dude won an MXofN moto with broken toes...I do not think he will pull out for nothing.

From what I saw the media was pumped for the guy....I guess it depends on what even narrative you are trying to push.
I didn't didn't say their weren't pumped for him. I haven't heard anything negative about his SX championship. I'm just hearing how he's mentally spent . I have heard different media guys from multiple outlets saying that they don't feel like he has what it takes to win it outdoors. Not a Moto or an overall but the championship. I think he's going to surprise some people.
aroark247
5/18/2018 9:49am
He's my dark-horse pick for the championship this year. He attributes really learning from Dungey, how to manage a championship. On any given day he has the juice to be the man.

I think the SX championship is the beginning of multiple year run at the top. I know I could be just as wrong as I am right, but he seems to have "IT".
bvm111
5/18/2018 9:51am
Links to said articles?

I have not heard or read this anywhere, he was included in the press conference?
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/18/2018 10:00am
Dude has the confidence boost that a major championship can bring, plus he's firing on all cylinders. I'd say he's just as likely as anyone to win another title.
aroark247
5/18/2018 10:04am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 10:28am
His main weakness in the past was that he was just too sporadic. I think he has calmed down a bit and realized that:

Eli is going to do the Eli thing (be super human some days and on others be a foggy version of a racer with head scratching decisions)

Marv's going to do a Marv thing ( be a top dog some moto's and just short others)

Baggett will be Baggett ( A clear favorite some moto's, then others blame a nagging injury and have his believers say what if so and so didn't happen he would be it.)

Roczen is the closest equivalent race mentality wise to EL Hombre, in my opinion.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/18/2018 10:09am
You don't win any championship by accident, and there are a million ways through the span of a 17-race season for stuff to go sideways.

Any rider who survives a season is doing something right. The ones who win titles? They can be stoked on the accomplishment, and laugh at the fools who try and downplay their achievement.
Bramlett321
5/18/2018 10:11am
Brad460 wrote:
Is there really such a thing as "one and done" after you win the 450 class supercross title? Just getting ONE is a major feat.. I...
Is there really such a thing as "one and done" after you win the 450 class supercross title? Just getting ONE is a major feat..

I don't think that type of term applies to winning that championship regardless if he ever wins one again.

^^^I couldn't agree more with you. I think a lot of the negative on JA is coming from Steve Matthes!! He and Anderson are homeboys, or he's not considered, "Friend of the Show" so he doesn't get the accolades from Matthes. Some of what you hear IMO is based on his feelings towards JA. He beat all the guys this year, no one was missing, Eli, Roczen, Musquin....yeah some of them retired themselves prematurely but lets give this dude the respect he deserves. Pulling off a Dungey'esque performance is something to be proud of.
EEE299
5/18/2018 10:15am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 10:16am
I think its gonna come down to the first couple for Anderson. I can definitely see coming down off the SX high leading to some not great results. If he ends up having the speed early id bet a good season to follow.

Edit: Id expect this from anyone with only one title whos not completely dominating.
captmoto
5/18/2018 10:34am
Brad460 wrote:
Is there really such a thing as "one and done" after you win the 450 class supercross title? Just getting ONE is a major feat.. I...

Very true and he has 1 more title than Tomac.
5/18/2018 10:43am
I tend to agree. KR and ET3 "cut more tickets". That is just the way it is. That said I think it is kind of suiting to Anderson to be regarded as a sort of underdog.

Still he's got everything to be a multi-champion. HE can be blazing-fast and aggressive (Oakland!) and has most definitely developed the smarts to understand how the championship thing works.

It can certainly be a challenge to get into the "be the hunter and not the hunted" mindset after accomplishing the SX championship and just relax a bit. Jason has certainly expressed his hunger in this outdoors season, I guess we'll find out soon enough if his riding goes to the same place.

I certainly have the highest expectations for the guy...
RandyS
5/18/2018 10:48am
Ask that question again after he's the 2018 450 National Champion.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
5/18/2018 10:55am
if you can make it through a season...that's damn near a champion...
PRM31
5/18/2018 10:56am
Are we talking about the same Anderson guy that schooled the world's best at the MXDN prior to be landed on?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/18/2018 11:01am
GuyB wrote:
You don't win any championship by accident, and there are a million ways through the span of a 17-race season for stuff to go sideways. Any...
You don't win any championship by accident, and there are a million ways through the span of a 17-race season for stuff to go sideways.

Any rider who survives a season is doing something right. The ones who win titles? They can be stoked on the accomplishment, and laugh at the fools who try and downplay their achievement.
Nothing more to add here
kb228
5/18/2018 11:19am
nothing wrong with anderson. Was just not a very exciting/challening title fight till the end of the season when it was a whopping 14 points. Doesnt matter whos name it is.
HuskyEd
5/18/2018 11:39am
BobPA wrote:
Dude won an MXofN moto with broken toes...I do not think he will pull out for nothing. From what I saw the media was pumped for...

......and even then he was considered the weak link in the MXdN team. Blink I’m hoping he tears it up!
Forty
5/18/2018 12:06pm
Preston412 wrote:
Anderson will ride his ass off until the checker flag, Tomac and Musquin better be on their A game every lap.
agreed
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
5/18/2018 12:14pm
the worry of a one and done stems from having other riders like bagget and tomac, tomac is so dominant and good at sx, should he get a little consistency he'd win a run of titles. and bagget and tomac are so strong outdoors and are proven title threats. anderson hasnt even won a mx overall
51xc
5/18/2018 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 1:13pm
anderson has never convinced me outdoors. mm25 and et3 are absolute animals outdoors (plus a healthy roczen). it's a tall order to win against thoses guys but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked to see him win it. I think he learned a lot this year, especially how to keep your cool if thinks shouldn't go picture perferct. I like ja21 but I kind of want to see eli going 2015 fast and stay healthy.
BobPA
5/18/2018 1:23pm
kb228 wrote:
nothing wrong with anderson. Was just not a very exciting/challening title fight till the end of the season when it was a whopping 14 points. Doesnt...
nothing wrong with anderson. Was just not a very exciting/challening title fight till the end of the season when it was a whopping 14 points. Doesnt matter whos name it is.
If he was on Kawasaki you would say it was the most difficult championship since the beginning of SX....

Post a reply to: Anderson....

The Latest