And you wonder why our guys don’t want to go!

downard254
After reading some of the threads on the board here, is it any wonder why sometimes our guys don’t seem too enthused about going to the MXoN. Maybe they gave it their all and the MXGP guys are just faster right now. How about instead of bashing our own riders, you just congratulate the other riders instead. Me, I’m proud of our boys whether they win or not. I’m just glad they agreed to represent the US of A.
|
Huevos
10/7/2018 2:44pm
If they’re not gonna show up and race why even show up. Sure, it might be unfair to expect them to win, but when we send our best riders and they can’t even get on the podium a single time and struggle to break the top 10, it’s embarrassing.

Netherlands had two racers and they still beat the US. Carmichael would have sawed his own arm off before showing up to race around in 15th.
Belg
10/7/2018 3:02pm
third race Tomac had a top 3 laptime and finished within seconds from top 3 ..not so bad i think ...
Fourth_Floor
10/7/2018 3:09pm
downard254 wrote:
After reading some of the threads on the board here, is it any wonder why sometimes our guys don’t seem too enthused about going to the...
After reading some of the threads on the board here, is it any wonder why sometimes our guys don’t seem too enthused about going to the MXoN. Maybe they gave it their all and the MXGP guys are just faster right now. How about instead of bashing our own riders, you just congratulate the other riders instead. Me, I’m proud of our boys whether they win or not. I’m just glad they agreed to represent the US of A.
Participation trophy?
brimx153
10/7/2018 5:50pm
Tottally agree . I honestly can't believe how little respect so many of the USA fans give there riders .imo there has been years were the USA rode great. as good as they ever could .finished second and USA fans went mad . This year I can see why people are disappointed as they did nt proform fully imo. But I am 100% it was nt from lack of effort on team USA part

The Shop

slipdog
10/7/2018 5:54pm
Mike Tyson got KTFO by Buster Douglas. Sometimes shit goes sideways....
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/7/2018 5:58pm
Huevos wrote:
If they’re not gonna show up and race why even show up. Sure, it might be unfair to expect them to win, but when we send...
If they’re not gonna show up and race why even show up. Sure, it might be unfair to expect them to win, but when we send our best riders and they can’t even get on the podium a single time and struggle to break the top 10, it’s embarrassing.

Netherlands had two racers and they still beat the US. Carmichael would have sawed his own arm off before showing up to race around in 15th.
Don’t forget the fact that we could even top 5 on OUR HOME TRACK!!

I love our guys, but that was really bad, especially at home....
Hcallz5
10/7/2018 6:02pm
Everyone hating on AMA guys just quit watching AMA events then. If all you can be is a sore loser then hell with ya anyways.
JRT812
10/7/2018 6:09pm
Maybe I have missed the bashing, but I have seen where some have pointed out a poor showing.

I hope no one has bashed our guys because I am thankful for the representation.... just wasn’t good enough or even close. Nothing wrong pointing out a poor showing
10/7/2018 6:09pm
Had the track been dry, different outcome. Remember what tomac did to cairolli at glen helen, he made them look like fools.
rdmx151
10/7/2018 6:13pm
It is because US fan gives US riders too much credit as the fastest riders in the world. When US comes to reality then the riders will not be expected to win and you can thanks them for trying
wilh72
10/7/2018 6:21pm
I truly believe with better starts Tomac would of been top 5 easily. It is what it is. There’s always next year. Time to move on.
BR8ES
10/7/2018 6:25pm
Commentating on a piss poor showing has little to do with appreciation, etc. Facts are that the USA was favoured and pre-event chatter in all mediums further bolstered this. Fact is the USA lost badly on their soil. None of this is slander or disrespect.
Bry145
10/7/2018 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 7:02pm
Perhaps our season is too long and our guys are suffering from burnout and fatigue. If one looks at the effort and total number of hours, our guys are likely badly burned out by the end of the season. Add in the prep and MXON race, and it may be too much and affecting performance.

And now they have to jump right into SX testing after very little time off.

Perhaps the key to winning the MXON is a shorter season with only 10 SX events and a month break between SX and the nationals. Don't hold your breath, as there are profits on the line.

Perhaps the rest of the world is doing a better job with work/life balance, leading to better performance and a higher quality of life. Americans may be working too hard to benefit other people, compromising quality of life.

Pembroke36
10/7/2018 6:49pm
I still will never understand why contracts in the USA are for both series. Being forced to compete in both I think takes away from both and here we are. The initial shock would suck but in the long run, I think they would both be better off without every single person being tied to two different series.
10/7/2018 7:19pm
byronrotax wrote:
Had the track been dry, different outcome. Remember what tomac did to cairolli at glen helen, he made them look like fools.
Remember what herlings did to the entire field at Ironman, in both motos?
Nuffsaid
10/7/2018 7:19pm
Belg wrote:
third race Tomac had a top 3 laptime and finished within seconds from top 3 ..not so bad i think ...
He lost
Nuffsaid
10/7/2018 7:22pm
wilh72 wrote:
I truly believe with better starts Tomac would of been top 5 easily. It is what it is. There’s always next year. Time to move on.
Tomac was way ahead of the big dogs of the GPs at the start, they ate it in the first corner and started last, remember?
Adam43
10/7/2018 7:26pm
downard254 wrote:
After reading some of the threads on the board here, is it any wonder why sometimes our guys don’t seem too enthused about going to the...
Don't be a revisionist, Carmichael himself was on plenty of losing teams - and on the 125 he was always the weak link. He worse in 1998 and 1999 than the boys were today.

But then they buckled down and came back stronger. USA will have to repeat this process.

Barcia, Tomac and Plessinger all have what it takes - but it will take a much more serious level of preparation if they hope to compete.

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
10/7/2018 7:49pm
Huevos wrote:
If they’re not gonna show up and race why even show up. Sure, it might be unfair to expect them to win, but when we send...

thats not accurate. RC didnt win Des nations till his third visit.

and we struggled to win des nations throughout the 90's even with some top riders.

Post a reply to: And you wonder why our guys don’t want to go!

The Latest