And the winner is...?

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:02pm
Yesterday's MotoOnline: http://www.motoonline.com.au/2010/12/06/oz-sx-super-x-lites-championshi…

Oz SX: Super X Lites Championship standings under review

Global Action Sports competition director Kevin Williams has confirmed to MotoOnline.com.au that a review is currently being carried out in regards to the 2010 Monster Energy Super X, Australasian Supercross Championship, Lites standings.

Speculation has been rife today that Rockstar Motul Suzuki’s Matt Moss has been stripped of his third straight title, handing it to JDR Motorex KTM’s PJ Larsen, however Williams stated that it’s currently under review.

“The championship points are currently under review, pending a review for the allocation of points at two rounds,” Williams commented. “A formal release will be made as soon as a final decision in agreed upon.”

Moss was crowned the 2010 champion by two points over Larsen after the Brisbane season finale last weekend, however series officials are now reviewing the amount of points scored for both riders at selected rounds during the season.

While unconfirmed by Williams or Global Action Sports, it’s believed that Moss’ four points scored in the opening final of the Triple Challenge at Brisbane was the initial reason for the review.

Moss finished just three of the five laps run in the opening final of the night in Brisbane after he struggled to start his bike when he crashed on the main straight out of the gates, although he was still awarded six points for 15th position.

The Motorcycling Australia Manual of Motorcycle Sport competition rule book states that competitors must complete at least 75 percent of the race, with Moss’ percentage amounting to just 60 percent in that particular race.

One week prior in the Survival format at Parramatta Stadium in Sydney, Larsen was awarded fifth overall despite failing to reach the chequered flag in that race.

It’s believed that result is now under review also, however Larsen did already beat the remaining 17 competitors who were already eliminated from the main event on the night.

A decision is expected shortly from GAS and MA.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/6/2010 4:28pm
It'll be interesting to see.
pjs dad
12/6/2010 4:59pm
no embarrasment,
nice to see someone take responsibility and try to make things right.
both riders were supurb competitors and both are champs in my opinion.
Pop
12/6/2010 8:23pm
pjs dad wrote:
no embarrasment,
X2 , Waiting for next year so it can all happen again.
It was one of the most exciting events i have witnessed.

The Shop

wet paint
12/6/2010 11:40pm
pjs dad wrote:
no embarrasment,
I agree, regardless of the outcome Global Action Sports earns respect.

Post a reply to: And the winner is...?

The Latest