And some 'fans' think Monster Cup is more important then MXON

mxb2
10/16/2017 6:32am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2017 6:33am
mxb2 wrote:
So what's your answer , ? What series would you run pro sx series, or outdoors?
Prejump wrote:
I would run either. If I had total control both series would be different to current models. Maybe SX would suffer if I ran it as...
I would run either. If I had total control both series would be different to current models.

Maybe SX would suffer if I ran it as I would change track designs to increase technicality, but removed some of the huge triple triple higher risk sections which can destroy careers but entertain the monster truck fans.

Outdoors will always be where my heart is, I'm not a greedy person by nature & would make creating a competitive race series my highest priority, rather then satisfying the huge corporations.

I agree with alot you posted, but alot of $$ is required. Sponsors, corporations,fans etc. Without that you won't have top riders or fans or a series. Funny how some people say it's not about the money,. Next time your boss at work asks if you want a raise,. Say naw. I m good. GrinningGrinning
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
10/16/2017 6:38am
philG wrote:
Motocross puts bums on bike seats... when i go to races here i see racers and their families, who support the sport with their $$...
Motocross puts bums on bike seats... when i go to races here i see racers and their families, who support the sport with their $$ , at SX and AX i see families who are buying burgers and a hat..

Supercross brings fans into the sport.. Oh the horror! No No, lets keep the sport as small as possible! Here is a little inside scoop for you, SX has the core fans and the people that buy bikes plus 20,000 more.
DonM
10/16/2017 7:10am
DonM wrote:
Baseball is played in many countries outside the US, many of the players in the league are from outside the US...and Japan would disagree with your...
Baseball is played in many countries outside the US, many of the players in the league are from outside the US...and Japan would disagree with your statement...but whatever...You damn fools that want to compare the "importance factor" of the MEC or MXDN are way off base...you can't compare the two they are both important to the sport in their own way...We get it Brits hate SX thats why you don't have any so why would you understand...
Prejump wrote:
Hey that's not true we do have SX. It's just shit.
Nah...you have an AX series....
Robgvx
10/16/2017 8:26am
philG wrote:
Motocross puts bums on bike seats... when i go to races here i see racers and their families, who support the sport with their $$...
Motocross puts bums on bike seats... when i go to races here i see racers and their families, who support the sport with their $$ , at SX and AX i see families who are buying burgers and a hat..

Park Boys wrote:
Supercross brings fans into the sport.. Oh the horror! No No, lets keep the sport as small as possible! Here is a little inside scoop for...
Supercross brings fans into the sport.. Oh the horror! No No, lets keep the sport as small as possible! Here is a little inside scoop for you, SX has the core fans and the people that buy bikes plus 20,000 more.
And it's been like that for 30 years plus.

How's that working out in terms of bike sales and rider participation?

The Shop

TDeath21
10/16/2017 8:26am
Funny how Tomac doesn't wanna do the MXoN in order to get ready for the "ever important MEC" and yet he rode two laps and then pulled out as a "precautionary measure". Lol. GTFO with that bullshit Tomac. I'd have more respect for him if he just said he'd rather not go across the Atlantic during his off season.
10/16/2017 9:27am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2017 9:28am
The million dollar question: Whistling

Does Tomac race a second moto at MXdN or call it a wekeend if he crashes like that in his first race?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/16/2017 9:32am
The million dollar question: :whistle: Does Tomac race a second moto at MXdN or call it a wekeend if he crashes like that in his first...

Does Tomac race a second moto at MXdN or call it a wekeend if he crashes like that in his first race?
Can't race the second moto if he's not lined up for the 1st one.
10/16/2017 9:40am
The million dollar question: :whistle: Does Tomac race a second moto at MXdN or call it a wekeend if he crashes like that in his first...

Check the 2013 MXdN and you have your answer...
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/16/2017 9:47am

Looked like he hit his head pretty hard in that high speed tumble.
philG
10/16/2017 9:55am
philG wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
Supercross brings fans into the sport.. Oh the horror! No No, lets keep the sport as small as possible! Here is a little inside scoop for...
Robgvx wrote:

We dont need fans.. we need riders . We need to be selling bikes and pipes and tyres and gear and all the other stuff that goes with it... not the cans of fucking drink that are stuck on them.

Supercross exists only as a pro sport, we need grass roots riders and we need them now.

I have been to pretty much every SX run in the UK since the mid 80's , NEC Hardcross, and SX , Chelsea SX, Belle Vue, and been to the AX series here , but stopped going because i cant stand freestyle, and watching a load of french blokes race..

You are never going to put an arse on a seat taking someone to SX, but take them to a local race, then a practice day, and you have a shot.
Robgvx
10/16/2017 10:29am
Park Boys wrote:
Robgvx wrote:

philG wrote:
We dont need fans.. we need riders . We need to be selling bikes and pipes and tyres and gear and all the other stuff that...
We dont need fans.. we need riders . We need to be selling bikes and pipes and tyres and gear and all the other stuff that goes with it... not the cans of fucking drink that are stuck on them.

Supercross exists only as a pro sport, we need grass roots riders and we need them now.

I have been to pretty much every SX run in the UK since the mid 80's , NEC Hardcross, and SX , Chelsea SX, Belle Vue, and been to the AX series here , but stopped going because i cant stand freestyle, and watching a load of french blokes race..

You are never going to put an arse on a seat taking someone to SX, but take them to a local race, then a practice day, and you have a shot.
Stop making sense Phil!
Prejump
10/16/2017 10:35am
mxb2 wrote:
I agree with alot you posted, but alot of $$ is required. Sponsors, corporations,fans etc. Without that you won't have top riders or fans or a...
I agree with alot you posted, but alot of $$ is required. Sponsors, corporations,fans etc. Without that you won't have top riders or fans or a series. Funny how some people say it's not about the money,. Next time your boss at work asks if you want a raise,. Say naw. I m good. GrinningGrinning
Well you would still have the top riders, maybe they wont earn so many millions.

Who really stands to benefit from SX, the rich get richer, them they go to nationals with bottomless budgets 7 demorilize the majority of the field who race in the real world. .

If the elite went to MXGP then that would level the playing field in the nationals somewhat.

There's a big divide in US Nats, RC spoke about how tough it is for a privateer team to keep up with the factories. That cant be good for the sports future.

mxb2
10/16/2017 10:44am
mxb2 wrote:
I agree with alot you posted, but alot of $$ is required. Sponsors, corporations,fans etc. Without that you won't have top riders or fans or a...
Prejump wrote:
Well you would still have the top riders, maybe they wont earn so many millions. Who really stands to benefit from SX, the rich get richer...
Well you would still have the top riders, maybe they wont earn so many millions.

Who really stands to benefit from SX, the rich get richer, them they go to nationals with bottomless budgets 7 demorilize the majority of the field who race in the real world. .

If the elite went to MXGP then that would level the playing field in the nationals somewhat.

There's a big divide in US Nats, RC spoke about how tough it is for a privateer team to keep up with the factories. That cant be good for the sports future.

Bottom line , money's rules the world. In all sports and life in general. Always smart to have a back up plan after. ride career is over.

Post a reply to: And some 'fans' think Monster Cup is more important then MXON

The Latest