And some 'fans' think Monster Cup is more important then MXON

Prejump
Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 6:21pm
You cant buy the magic of the MXON, no matter how many millions you throw around.

|
10/15/2017 6:21am
Think they also need to rename it, the half a million or monster payment plan haha
I'd be pissed if I was Marv and they didn't pay out in full!
MR. X
10/15/2017 6:38am
Prejump wrote:
You cant buy the magic of the MXON, no matter how many millions you throw around.

Ya ,but it beats going to all those yucky 3rd world countries.

The Shop

Acidreamer
10/15/2017 6:46am
In what fantasy world does motocross outdo supercross? Its pretty well known sx sells way more than mx
philG
10/15/2017 7:10am
Acidreamer wrote:
In what fantasy world does motocross outdo supercross? Its pretty well known sx sells way more than mx
What an apt username.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
10/15/2017 8:10am
Think they also need to rename it, the half a million or monster payment plan haha I'd be pissed if I was Marv and they didn't...
Think they also need to rename it, the half a million or monster payment plan haha
I'd be pissed if I was Marv and they didn't pay out in full!
^^^^this^^^^
DonM
10/15/2017 8:11am
Prejump wrote:

Apples & Oranges....
10/15/2017 8:12am
I woke up at 6 AM for the MXDN even tho our chances to win were basically nothing. I would sleep past this years MEC. There was just no hype in it for me
Crush
10/15/2017 8:14am
I'll be the dick that says that IF Monster put pressure on Eli to attend this race, in LIEU of the MXdN... well, there you go.
rompin87
10/15/2017 9:53am
Crush wrote:
I'll be the dick that says that IF Monster put pressure on Eli to attend this race, in LIEU of the MXdN... well, there you go.
Crush just crushed it Smile
philG
10/15/2017 9:58am
Crush wrote:
rompin87 wrote:
All the other folk that said this last night are in the Dumbgeon, but i agree, schadenfreude at its best.
rompin87
10/15/2017 9:59am
In!
In before what? Harry you seem a top bloke and one who knows his motocross. Surely you don't believe that this shit circus means more than the MXdN?
Yeah maybe marv came out of it smiling, and good luck to him, but the rest?
rompin87
10/15/2017 10:07am
Crush wrote:
rompin87 wrote:
philG wrote:
All the other folk that said this last night are in the Dumbgeon, but i agree, schadenfreude at its best.
Then I will join the sewer rats down there, I got no shame in that. I went to matterly this year (as I did in 06) and had the time of my life (as I did in 06). Read in another thread you an rob were there, don't know either of you but wish I'd know that before hand I would have popped by and said hello. Maybe another year Smile
10/15/2017 10:32am
In!
rompin87 wrote:
In before what? Harry you seem a top bloke and one who knows his motocross. Surely you don't believe that this shit circus means more than...
In before what? Harry you seem a top bloke and one who knows his motocross. Surely you don't believe that this shit circus means more than the MXdN?
Man, that's pretty cool being called a "top bloke." Much ty! Of course I don't think the MEC can hold a candle to the nats or MXGP. Not even close. MEC and SX are just fillers for me until motocross starts. I was merely jumping in before your thread got dumbgeoned like the similar threads last night. Mods must still be sleeping.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
10/15/2017 10:34am
I'm sure Marvin will get more sentimental value from his MXDN win in France than his Monster Cup Million. But sentimental value doesn't pay your bills and pad your retirement account.
Mucktub
10/15/2017 10:45am
I just watched all 3 mains while sat in the Emergency room after a big get off today. Prejump you took the words right of my mouth. Dull as fuck.
MXdN for ever. Mec can do one. In all the years of watching it the only moment I remember from mec is when Dungey was changing gear with his hand. MEC=Meh.
mmcmx
10/15/2017 11:09am
Mucktub wrote:
I just watched all 3 mains while sat in the Emergency room after a big get off today. Prejump you took the words right of my...
I just watched all 3 mains while sat in the Emergency room after a big get off today. Prejump you took the words right of my mouth. Dull as fuck.
MXdN for ever. Mec can do one. In all the years of watching it the only moment I remember from mec is when Dungey was changing gear with his hand. MEC=Meh.
I think rebranding it as Meh CUP is appropiate. I'm happy for Marv, but that's all.
rompin87
10/15/2017 11:28am
In!
rompin87 wrote:
In before what? Harry you seem a top bloke and one who knows his motocross. Surely you don't believe that this shit circus means more than...
Man, that's pretty cool being called a "top bloke." Much ty! Of course I don't think the MEC can hold a candle to the nats or...
Man, that's pretty cool being called a "top bloke." Much ty! Of course I don't think the MEC can hold a candle to the nats or MXGP. Not even close. MEC and SX are just fillers for me until motocross starts. I was merely jumping in before your thread got dumbgeoned like the similar threads last night. Mods must still be sleeping.
Smile Not my thread harry so I don't give a shit either way. Yes your a top bloke, I remember a thread not too long back you invited most of vital round to your house for a beer an bbq. If I wasn't so far away I would have popped round for a beer Laughing
10/15/2017 11:41am
For the record I don't believe MEC is more important than MXdN and I was way more excited for MXdN than any race last night but that all being said the problem is pretty clear to me, Youthstream really needs to have a decent payout at MXdN, plain and simple.

Many consider MXdN to be the biggest race in the world and it very well may be but it's a goddamn joke that they don't pay the riders who bust their asses to make the event what it is. Sorry but until they can start paying I hope riders like Musquin, Tomac, Jonass and Roczen (who have all opted out of it at one time or another) keep saying fuck you to Youthstream.
pilotdude
10/15/2017 11:46am
For the record I don't believe MEC is more important than MXdN and I was way more excited for MXdN than any race last night but...
For the record I don't believe MEC is more important than MXdN and I was way more excited for MXdN than any race last night but that all being said the problem is pretty clear to me, Youthstream really needs to have a decent payout at MXdN, plain and simple.

Many consider MXdN to be the biggest race in the world and it very well may be but it's a goddamn joke that they don't pay the riders who bust their asses to make the event what it is. Sorry but until they can start paying I hope riders like Musquin, Tomac, Jonass and Roczen (who have all opted out of it at one time or another) keep saying fuck you to Youthstream.
Hard to disagree with this. Longo profiting big on "patriotism" while everyone else is paying out the ass to attend the race as participants and spectators is obscene and becoming harder for everyone to ignore.
10/15/2017 11:49am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 11:51am
For the record I don't believe MEC is more important than MXdN and I was way more excited for MXdN than any race last night but...

I'm glad most riders like the honour to race for country above a payout ... and who out of those riders opted out because of the money ?? in my memory they had different reasons to opt out for MXON
Payout seems to be a US problem , dont read about it in UK , Germany,Belgium or Netherlands .. but if you sent 72 people to race 3 riders , i quess you need it
Shaned9326
10/15/2017 11:49am
This will probably get kicked out too but Fuck MEC and if monster is trueky behind Eli not going than it's a sad state of motocross we are in as that shit last nite shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as MXDN!!! I may be an older fan, and maybe it's just the new norm for us to get our ass kicked yearly at a race we once loved and had a passion for but the new trend towards motocross in general is pretty sad so enjoy the jumping beans show until real racing starts in form of Mxgp and AMA nationals!!
10/15/2017 11:51am
"And some 'fans' think Monster Cup is more important then MXDN"
Funny, just what I thought while watching da Cup...
Prejump
10/15/2017 12:03pm
Acidreamer wrote:
I guess you need to think about who SX sells too.

In general it's people that arnt true fans of the sport. Just like to grab a hot dog & chest thump every time a rider clears a triple jump.

Shaping the future of racing dirt bikes for that kind of fan is a shame IMO.

But like you say it sells well, which is all that matters to you....
10/15/2017 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 12:13pm
I'm glad most riders like the honour to race for country above a payout ... and who out of those riders opted out because of the...
I'm glad most riders like the honour to race for country above a payout ... and who out of those riders opted out because of the money ?? in my memory they had different reasons to opt out for MXON
Payout seems to be a US problem , dont read about it in UK , Germany,Belgium or Netherlands .. but if you sent 72 people to race 3 riders , i quess you need it
I don't think any of them opted out due to money but you can't tell me having a payout would not provide a little more incentive to go represent your country. I just hate to see what is happening with that race, it's an awesome event and the best of the best from around the globe should be there but there's some kind of problem and reason they aren't showing up.

I'm not sure if money is the problem but like I said it can't hurt IMO, especially when a lot of the riders spend a decent amount of their own money to go.

Whether you like it or not Youthstream are a bunch of greedy fuckers who continue to cash in on other people's patriotism which to me seems like the ultimate scam.
mxb2
10/15/2017 12:09pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Prejump wrote:
I guess you need to think about who SX sells too. In general it's people that arnt true fans of the sport. Just like to grab...

In general it's people that arnt true fans of the sport. Just like to grab a hot dog & chest thump every time a rider clears a triple jump.

Basic business , make money, not lose it . I love the outdoors, but a sx stadium holds 50-70k people. What series would you run?
pilotdude
10/15/2017 12:16pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Prejump wrote:
I guess you need to think about who SX sells too. In general it's people that arnt true fans of the sport. Just like to grab...

mxb2 wrote:
Basic business , make money, not lose it . I love the outdoors, but a sx stadium holds 50-70k people. What series would you run?
I can't disagree about the business part. I think that it true. The problem is that SX is an artificial creation, with very few kids/amateurs riding it at the grassroots level. The more organic and grassroots sport of motocross is suffering in the U.S. for many reasons...one of which is too much focus by top riders on SX, in which virtually NO amateurs participate.

But that's what happens when everything becomes about "business."
10/15/2017 12:23pm
I don't think any of them opted out due to money but you can't tell me having a payout would not provide a little more incentive...
I don't think any of them opted out due to money but you can't tell me having a payout would not provide a little more incentive to go represent your country. I just hate to see what is happening with that race, it's an awesome event and the best of the best from around the globe should be there but there's some kind of problem and reason they aren't showing up.

I'm not sure if money is the problem but like I said it can't hurt IMO, especially when a lot of the riders spend a decent amount of their own money to go.

Whether you like it or not Youthstream are a bunch of greedy fuckers who continue to cash in on other people's patriotism which to me seems like the ultimate scam.
totally agree on Youthstream being greedy and all , but if money is the deciding factor to race or not , dont race .
Its MXON , a nations race where you need 3 riders that will give it all for your nation and not a payout .
I think schedule , MEC and SX and even sponsors these days are far more important factors for these riders , i think the way US riders are criticised after not winning doesnt help either to get them excited to go again
Prejump
10/15/2017 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 12:50pm
mxb2 wrote:
You dont need 70k spectators for a series to be a success. Look all around you will see national series without that.

The big teams of course will make bigger money with the huge audiences. But then that's part of the issue too. Listen to RC recent interview on why his team folded. The divide between privateer to the elite teams is too large. It's becoming too elitist. That could be reworked to level the playing field by the governing bodies.

At the end of the is dirtbike racing. Many folk on here including myself have been funded years of racing of a regular working wage.

You don't need 70k audiences to be a success. You need to put the needs of the sport, the riders & the real fans in front of the greed of the big corporations.

Just look at where this 70k audiences have got you at the MXON.

Post a reply to: And some 'fans' think Monster Cup is more important then MXON

The Latest