"And Everybody Else" LL

8/6/2020 5:02pm
There is seriously no personalities in these robotic interviews with everyone, the young to the old at Loretta Lynn's. No one show's excitement, emotion..no one is cocky, no one smack talks a bit..nothing. Just the same ol same ol "I'd like to thank ...da da da ..and everybody else" and fake drinking out of water bottles. Waiting for someone with some great personality and edginess...there hasnt been a J-Law since J-Law...even Pastrana, Stewart, Preston...

Agree? Disagree?

Our old rider Luke Kalaitzian who is now riding for the MCR team was actually quite good on his podium interviews as well as his interview in the announcing tower

On another note, stoked to be able to watch all of the racing...thanks Racer X / Racertv.com

www.motoxxx.com
www.instagram.com/motoxxxofficial

|
8/6/2020 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2020 5:08pm
Agree. And yeah the coverage and live streaming is really good.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4088th
8/6/2020 5:17pm
Everyone is looking for that factory money. Don't want to take a chance & rock the boat.
zehn
8/6/2020 5:21pm
TMZ moto strikes again
RAD60
8/6/2020 5:41pm
I think the riders are a little tired and have lots on their mind when they are rushed up on stage right after a 20 minute moto , a lot of pressure on these kids. Im sure there will be more emotion after they finish that 3rd moto. We have the races on all day at work on the computer, I think its all been awesome 😁

The Shop

Kyle978
8/6/2020 5:48pm
Kids acting professional while in the spotlight isn’t necessarily a bad thing...
LowBidder
Fantasy
1913th
8/6/2020 6:04pm
There is seriously no personalities in these robotic interviews with everyone, the young to the old at Loretta Lynn's. No one show's excitement, emotion..no one is...
There is seriously no personalities in these robotic interviews with everyone, the young to the old at Loretta Lynn's. No one show's excitement, emotion..no one is cocky, no one smack talks a bit..nothing. Just the same ol same ol "I'd like to thank ...da da da ..and everybody else" and fake drinking out of water bottles. Waiting for someone with some great personality and edginess...there hasnt been a J-Law since J-Law...even Pastrana, Stewart, Preston...

Agree? Disagree?

Our old rider Luke Kalaitzian who is now riding for the MCR team was actually quite good on his podium interviews as well as his interview in the announcing tower

On another note, stoked to be able to watch all of the racing...thanks Racer X / Racertv.com

www.motoxxx.com

"I heard Villopoto was the next big thing, I never even saw him"

- J Law, LL's 2005 podium speech

Miss that dude
8/6/2020 6:06pm
Keefer was having fun. His kid was cool. Walker fessed up and cried. There was some fun stuff up there, esp in the 2-3rd place guys.
snackfedbear
8/6/2020 6:09pm
Kyle978 wrote:
Kids acting professional while in the spotlight isn’t necessarily a bad thing...
You do have a point but I agree with OP. This is motocross not formula 1. Kids are hitting big ass jumps faster than they were made to be hit and throwing the bike sideways as hard as possible to stay as low and fast as possible. Lots of style involved with that. They should throw some style in their personality as well. Might help them on the track idk.
Rickyisms
8/6/2020 6:12pm
Who was the kid this year that said “I knew if I settled for second I’d regret it for the rest of my life”
MohMoto14
8/6/2020 6:15pm
Kyle978 wrote:
They are acting like robots just like the professionals. They should act like theirselves and maybe be a kid because thats what they are.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/6/2020 6:21pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Who was the kid this year that said “I knew if I settled for second I’d regret it for the rest of my life”
Kade Johnson in the 85cc 10-12 class.
SwapperMX
8/6/2020 6:53pm
I'd say there's too much at stake with how early kids get picked up by teams. If they go around acting like loose cannons no team is going to pick them up, regardless of how fast they are.
chump6784
8/6/2020 6:59pm
It sucks but they are acting how the pro's do. They see that as the way to act on the podium and copy it. There are very few pro riders who give a decent interview. I find the international riders are not as bad at listing off sponsors as US riders but some are good. Eli can give a proper podium interview, those star Yamaha riders on the other hand...
Motoxdoc
8/6/2020 7:46pm
Keefer was having fun. His kid was cool. Walker fessed up and cried. There was some fun stuff up there, esp in the 2-3rd place guys.
That's funny...I was thinking about the exact 3 interviews when I read the OP. Also the one where the college-class guy who's in pre-med and computer science thanked his fraternity. That was cool. Lots of these kids are like deer in the head-lights, but what do you expect?...most of them haven't ever been interviewed, or not enough to be good at it. Some of these kids probably seldom speak to an adult other than their parents and teachers...who are often one and the same.

On another note: I liked when Weege asked the holeshot winner in the e-class, "How did you pull off that holeshot?"
Little guy's reply, "I just held on the gas!'
Weege, "You mean the volts." HuhLaughing
8/6/2020 7:51pm
Maybe it’s just me but a riders personality is the last thing I would care about it.
byke
8/6/2020 7:56pm
It's slightly unusual to specifically be a fan of a person's skillset and not a fan of the person, but not all fan formulas need to be identical, so it doesn't matter.
Bultaco
8/6/2020 8:10pm
LowBidder wrote:

Miss that dude
I guess Villopoto could say the same about JLo through their pro years. I wonder how it worked out for those two?
kkawboy14
8/6/2020 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2020 8:23pm
Kevin Walkers interview.....both weren’t robotic

Ryder D.....didn’t seem robotic, he actually acted happy about winning.

Ferry.....smiling and seemed happy to get 2nd

The women.....definitely not robotic

But I do think the person interviewing can contribute to a good or bad interview!
RalphS
8/6/2020 9:13pm
There is seriously no personalities in these robotic interviews with everyone, the young to the old at Loretta Lynn's. No one show's excitement, emotion..no one is...

Agree? Disagree?

www.motoxxx.com

Go watch WWE son
8/6/2020 9:22pm
Rickyisms wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kade Johnson in the 85cc 10-12 class.
yea that speech was anything but robotic. He never said "and-uh", kid just naturally let out exactly what happened in that moto play by play, and thats exactly what happened. The top two were stretching it out, and after the 'I realized ill regret statement' he turned it on and ended up winning.

now a title sponsor you'd think would pick up on that real quick. That kinda grit / determination and drive is special. No disprespect towards Gordon and Fauser they were on rails. Kind of amazed me how Johnson reeled them in, and then kept his head down for the rest of the moto.
dboivin
8/6/2020 11:08pm
jesus...they are kids (most of them)....what the hell do you expect? i won a national in the 80's, have my interview on tape and its f'n horrid...but i was 16 and dumb so what do i know.
Buzzard167
8/7/2020 1:10am
Sophia Phelps was pretty funny on the podium, there were a few others too but I think this is a product of how seriously everything is taken now a days compared to 10 or 20 years ago.
Phil109
8/7/2020 3:29am
Well to be fair, back in the day you could say some crazy stuff on the podium and get away with it. Now you do that and before you can get back to the truck it will be shared 1000 times online with keyboard warriors going to work on you. Social media is a double edged sword.
duckdog77
8/7/2020 4:27am
Believe it was the #1 bike in 250B I remember thinking now that’s how to talk on the podium! thanked Dunlop for “hooking him up” racetech for “helping him around the track” his motor builder for getting him the “power he needed” whatever goggles he ran for “giving him the vision” Each sponsor he made a comment like that after. Thought it was a cool way of doing it.

Also the kid that thanked his buddy for covering his shifts at work. That was pretty good too!
Mx391
8/7/2020 4:42am
Agreed. Cant believe some of these guys aren't smiling from ear to ear. Show some excitement, don't be embarrassed of being happy.
str8line
8/7/2020 5:55am
Seems almost like a prerequisite to thank the man above, the lord jesus christ, our savior, etc. for keeping one safe. How many kids on the podium at LL in the 80's and 90's did that?
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
8/7/2020 5:57am
Do these training camps mold their robotic podium speeches too? Someone ask Matthes.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
8/7/2020 6:30am

Agree? Disagree?

www.motoxxx.com

You've missed some pretty great interviews in the Vet classes. Aiden Keefer was anything but robotic when he got 3rd in 250C.
AH387
8/7/2020 6:33am
LowBidder wrote:

Miss that dude
That aged well lol

Post a reply to: "And Everybody Else" LL

The Latest