An unpopular opinion about MXoN

FlaNard
8/8/2019 6:00pm
It's the only race of the year where I have butterflies in my stomach before the gate even drops. It's always been special to me.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
8/8/2019 6:19pm
I definitely was pissed about the Glen Helen deal... But it didn't change my enthusiasm or interest in MXoN one bit. 3 weekends I can't miss, no matter what... A1, Hangtown and MXoN.
Nuffsaid
8/8/2019 7:01pm
biscuit11 wrote:
The USA will go 2 years with no mxgp race after we had the mxon. Assen on the other hand will be right back on the...
The USA will go 2 years with no mxgp race after we had the mxon. Assen on the other hand will be right back on the schedule the year after they held the mxon. Im no rocket scientist but this race is obviously 100% catered to the mxgp riders. No mxgp race for 2 straight years in our country after we hold a mxon... really?? As I said in another thread if you were to just look at the facts it appears the mxgp and mxon organizers would rather segregate themselves and be a completely separate deal free of any ama participation. Around 15 of the races on the 2020 calendar fall within a smaller radius than the size of the USA. Sad only 1 race in Argentina to open the season and thats it for north/south America. If those are the same guys who organize the mxon how can you expect the race to have the same appeal when the series never visits our country. Again how is Assen on the schedule next year yet we cant get a gp for minimum 2 yrs following a mxon. Just seems strange...
The GP at Glen Helen had about 30 people in attendance and 31 of those were Gasjer followers/travelers and 12 were Monster girls!! Parked 4 rows from entrance, walked right in- no line, sat under a unoccupied sun tent at the fence, walked 30 paces and bought a cold beer with no line. No traffic getting out. It was great
Excaliburbmx
8/8/2019 7:06pm
This will inevitably get some backlash, but maybe some of you silently agree but aren't saying it: I hardly care at all about MXoN. Of all...
This will inevitably get some backlash, but maybe some of you silently agree but aren't saying it:
I hardly care at all about MXoN.

Of all of the races that take place throughout the year, MXoN is on the very bottom of the list of races I care to watch, follow, or even look into. Why there is so much drama for the riders in the U.S. over a race that has zero payout for them, is an inconvenience, and where they get crucified by the fans if they don't do well is beyond me. I would watch the entire straight rhythm event any day before I devote any attention to MXoN.

Bring on the downvotes.
Sadly there are a lot of big time losers who feel the same way you do. Representing one's country in a sporting event is an honor...
Sadly there are a lot of big time losers who feel the same way you do. Representing one's country in a sporting event is an honor, and your attitude about it, is poor. I think it's the best race of the year because it's country against country to see who the top dog is. Now that the U.S.A. has lost for the last 8 years, it will be exciting to see when they win again.
Lots of other countries have lost in the last eight years.

The Shop

8/8/2019 7:10pm
This will inevitably get some backlash, but maybe some of you silently agree but aren't saying it: I hardly care at all about MXoN. Of all...
This will inevitably get some backlash, but maybe some of you silently agree but aren't saying it:

Of all of the races that take place throughout the year, MXoN is on the very bottom of the list of races I care to watch, follow, or even look into. Why there is so much drama for the riders in the U.S. over a race that has zero payout for them, is an inconvenience, and where they get crucified by the fans if they don't do well is beyond me. I would watch the entire straight rhythm event any day before I devote any attention to MXoN.

Bring on the downvotes.
I'm quite happen for knuckled dragg'in, middle finger saluting, close minded types to stay away.
Jerkolantern
8/8/2019 7:51pm
Desnations is bitchin. And we're number 1 all time. But even if we weren't, it's still bitchin
lestat
8/8/2019 7:56pm
Go see a MXON . Then report back .
Mr. Info
8/8/2019 8:00pm
It’s different in Europe they are what the meaning of race fans are all about.
tingo
8/8/2019 8:16pm

Bring on the downvotes.
Agree. There are domestic races and series that I care much more about than MXoN. Hell, I care more about the MXGP series, which I don’t watch, than I do about the Des Nations. That’s not to say I won’t see who won or watch the highlights, it’s just not all that important to me.
8/8/2019 8:18pm

Bring on the downvotes.
Sadly there are a lot of big time losers who feel the same way you do. Representing one's country in a sporting event is an honor...
Sadly there are a lot of big time losers who feel the same way you do. Representing one's country in a sporting event is an honor, and your attitude about it, is poor. I think it's the best race of the year because it's country against country to see who the top dog is. Now that the U.S.A. has lost for the last 8 years, it will be exciting to see when they win again.
Lots of other countries have lost in the last eight years.
How many have the winning history of the United States?
Dropbear
8/8/2019 8:26pm
If you can’t be the best, then make up your own sports. Oops, you already have.
Lucifa.
8/8/2019 8:40pm
Dropbear wrote:
WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
Excaliburbmx
8/8/2019 8:52pm
Dropbear wrote:
We have been the best and still are. Lots of talent have left Europe behind to come race here.

Dropbear
8/8/2019 9:07pm
Dropbear wrote:
We have been the best and still are. Lots of talent have left Europe behind to come race here.

Settle Gretel, just saltin’ your caramel, cob.
Doddy
8/8/2019 9:14pm

Bring on the downvotes.
Not going to MXDN is just cowardly and un-American. No matter the reason.
SEMAC
8/9/2019 8:38am
Moto520 wrote:
I think the MXDN is a great event. Any extra racing is cool. I envy any of you that were able to attend the Unadilla MX...
I think the MXDN is a great event. Any extra racing is cool. I envy any of you that were able to attend the Unadilla MX des Nations in 1987.

With that being said......Anaheim 1 is pretty exciting as well. I would put Anaheim 1 as my personal favorite event of the year. Supercross is #1 in our country statistically and we are drawn towards supercross in the USA. Have you all been to a supercross race? It's really freaking cool. The outdoor races including the MXDN are a different spectator style altogether. It's hard to follow and our wives prefer the stadium comforts.
I have gone to supercross races since the 80s,all a cross the country, excepto the Last two years, and specialy this year, has been the worst, boring races, worst tracks, i dont see any excitement, mxon is the best race of the year by far
ns503
8/9/2019 8:55am
Anybody who has actually been to a MXoN and has this opinion, should just find a new sport to follow and quit anything bike related all together.

There is likely still room on a Cornhole Championship bandwagon somewhere...
peltier626
8/9/2019 9:34am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 9:35am
70-80k people over the course of two days in rain and slop @ redbud mxon. When is the last time any sx event had 70k. The significance is obvious.
cpyz300
8/9/2019 9:51am
I really enjoy MXDN, but without AMA riders it's hard to get into because I don't watch the GP's. As long as USA attends, I'll watch. But I'm not patriotic at all so I'm not too invested in which team wins, but more into which riders ride well. I usually have a lot of fun watching the race, but it's strictly due to liking the riders that race. I loved watching Webb ride his heart out against Febvre, or Anderson do what he could to stay in front of Herlings etc. Without the riders I like to watch racing, it's just a GP race for me and I lose interest pretty quick.
mxb2
8/9/2019 10:07am
peltier626 wrote:
70-80k people over the course of two days in rain and slop @ redbud mxon. When is the last time any sx event had 70k. The...
70-80k people over the course of two days in rain and slop @ redbud mxon. When is the last time any sx event had 70k. The significance is obvious.
I think indy had 50k. Not 100% sure on exact number.
Nighttrain
8/9/2019 10:14am
peltier626 wrote:
70-80k people over the course of two days in rain and slop @ redbud mxon. When is the last time any sx event had 70k. The...
Atlanta
JustMX
8/9/2019 10:51am
A lot has changed since 1981.

When our team went over that year nobody took them as a threat. Even Americans were no where near as rambunctious as they were in the years that followed.

Then we went on a winning streak that caused us to get complacent. "Oh, we won again".

Ever since the comp edge fiasco, and then skipping 01, it just doesn't seem the same. Life went on.

American riders got more and more professional with a fuller calendar and a more intense level of training and preparation that started about that time with Carmichael.

Just so many demands on time and resources along with the nagging injuries that come from endless training and racing.

I can understand where the op is coming from.

The thing that I enjoy about the mxon is not all the hype about us versus them, but the reality that this is the only time that we get to see Jh, AC, Tg and the rest og the gp talent go up against our riders.

It is not so much patriotism, because like the olympics, it has become so commercialized from those that hype the us vs them that it is sometimes hard to enjoy the us vs them.

The thing that I hate about the mxon is that the promoter is such a greedy pos. When you hear from reliable sources that budd's creek lost money on what turned out to be a huge and legendary event it adds a sour taste to the whole deal that is hard for me to overcome.

I doubt there is,any noticable sales bump from sending a rider. It is a team event, so even if your team dominates thete can be 3 brands taking credit. Who can blame the factories for not wanting to expend resources and risk their investment on an event that has one real beneficiary?

psychotronBR
Fantasy
1281st
8/9/2019 12:00pm
MXoN is at the top of my list every single year, it has been ever since i threw a leg over a dirt bike 20 years ago.

Having every country send their best riders to battle it out for a weekend on a dirt arena is without a doubt a must watch for any fan of the sport. How that does not interest you at all is just downright baffling to me.

Post a reply to: An unpopular opinion about MXoN

The Latest