An unpopular opinion about MXoN

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2019 11:46 AM

This will inevitably get some backlash, but maybe some of you silently agree but aren't saying it:
I hardly care at all about MXoN.

Of all of the races that take place throughout the year, MXoN is on the very bottom of the list of races I care to watch, follow, or even look into. Why there is so much drama for the riders in the U.S. over a race that has zero payout for them, is an inconvenience, and where they get crucified by the fans if they don't do well is beyond me. I would watch the entire straight rhythm event any day before I devote any attention to MXoN.

Bring on the downvotes.

|

8/8/2019 11:47 AM

commie

|

8/8/2019 11:51 AM

its still the best MX race of the year for fans around the world , no other MX race attracts that many fans and viewers

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/8/2019 11:54 AM

Premixed112 wrote:

This will inevitably get some backlash, but maybe some of you silently agree but aren't saying it:

Of all of the races that take place throughout the year, MXoN is on the very bottom of the list of races I care to watch, follow, or even look into. Why there is so much drama for the riders in the U.S. over a race that has zero payout for them, is an inconvenience, and where they get crucified by the fans if they don't do well is beyond me. I would watch the entire straight rhythm event any day before I devote any attention to MXoN.

Bring on the downvotes.

You wouldn't be saying that if the US was winning consistently. If they ever go on a win streak again, I guarantee American fan interest will be magically restored.

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

8/8/2019 11:54 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

its still the best MX race of the year for fans around the world , no other MX race attracts that many fans and viewers

Because its pulling from audiences of two different series. There are supercross races that get similar attendances and more viewers.

|

8/8/2019 11:59 AM

Hard to downvote when you didn't even explain why you don't like it.

Are you:
Not into an event that's the closest MX has to a team sport and is highly regarded by past participants?
Don't like Motocross?
Still burned about MXdN not being at Glen Helen?

|

8/8/2019 12:00 PM

I've been to 50+ Nationals and Supercross events. None of them compared to attending the MXoN. Not even close. Most important race of the year to me as a fan of the sport. It will continue to be that with or without usa participation.

|

8/8/2019 12:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2019 12:08 PM

The USA will go 2 years with no mxgp race after we had the mxon. Assen on the other hand will be right back on the schedule the year after they held the mxon. Im no rocket scientist but this race is obviously 100% catered to the mxgp riders. No mxgp race for 2 straight years in our country after we hold a mxon... really?? As I said in another thread if you were to just look at the facts it appears the mxgp and mxon organizers would rather segregate themselves and be a completely separate deal free of any ama participation. Around 15 of the races on the 2020 calendar fall within a smaller radius than the size of the USA. Sad only 1 race in Argentina to open the season and thats it for north/south America. If those are the same guys who organize the mxon how can you expect the race to have the same appeal when the series never visits our country. Again how is Assen on the schedule next year yet we cant get a gp for minimum 2 yrs following a mxon. Just seems strange...

|

8/8/2019 12:07 PM

It seems to be Team USA vs the rest of the world anymore. Don't really care if we even send a team.

|

Ed Johnson

8/8/2019 12:07 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Bring on the downvotes.

So just to make sure i follow, you’re saying the fact the the riders aren’t fairly compensated in your mind makes the race less interesting/enjoyable to watch in your mind? If you were a rider, i could understand but as a fan?

Out of curiosity, do you stop watching your favorite NFL team play and/or say the game sucks if one of the players is unhappy with his current contract?

Do yourself a favor and don’t ever tune into an Olympic event or you might throw up...

|

8/8/2019 12:15 PM

It's the only way to know who's better in a motocross track. If Americans, Europeans, Aussies...

If there was just one motocross series around the would that would combine americans, europeans, aussies.... MXON wouldn't be what it is.

|

8/8/2019 12:21 PM

I disagree despite my background I am VERY patriotic towards America and I really enjoy seeing riders from each country battling to see who is better .... and even better is seeing us do well

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/8/2019 12:23 PM

I haven't missed to watch a single PRACTICE from 2005 until today. Be it live, on live stream or just the live timing (practice).

Maybe I'm alone but I love this event.
A1 is exciting as well but nothing else comes even close.

|

8/8/2019 12:27 PM

A1 = MXdN.

There is not the same excitment at all the races during the season.

It is not perfect though :
- It would be great to have more american riders, for instance a strong B team with Puerto Rico.
- There should be a big pay out, no fim/youthstream fees, all the money to the riders.

But the best race I have seen so far is a kind of SX of Nations, example at Paris Bercy in 1992 :

(All the best from the US and all the best from the GP in a crazy stadium, please watch, the line up in 125 and 250 are amazing, here is the first night, the other 2 nights are also available on youtube if you like it)

|

8/8/2019 12:32 PM

it's still the most important race to me, I understand the draw backs to Team USA but it's just in my DNA to care about it.

|

8/8/2019 12:33 PM

It’s the best event of the year, bar none. Lots of people like to point out that there is no payout for the riders in this event, but there are a number of sports where you don’t get paid to represent your country. Being picked to represent your country is the greatest honour an athlete can receive, you shouldn’t need to be paid to race one event for your country. None of our guys are getting paid, they never do, but I know every single rider in contention to be on Team GB is desperate to make the team. Your interest would undoubtedly be higher if the USA had performed better in recent years.

Straight rhythm would be dead by now if they hadn’t made it 2 strokes only. The MXoN has been around almost as long as the sport itself, that should tell you all you need to know

|

8/8/2019 12:34 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Bring on the downvotes.

bloody stupid people watching FIFA World Cup or Olympic games, right?

I won't downvote you that's not my shtoyle. i will just wonder how would you be able to handle those days when there was also trophee des nations... God forbid two similar races.

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

8/8/2019 12:36 PM

I just asked my group of friends if they care about the mxdn. They all said not really and they been watching it since the 80's like me.

|

8/8/2019 12:37 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Bring on the downvotes.

Bs....so you care about the Indonesian round of mxgp more? Or the asian round? Or the other asian round? Or the mxgp of arabia?

|

8/8/2019 12:39 PM

I don't think the US should even bother sending a team until they find riders that truly WANT to go and manufactures that will support them. If the brands want to sit back and whine and make excuses then F it, don't even bother going.

|

8/8/2019 12:40 PM

I just want to know why Assen has a race on the 2020 calendar when they just had the mxon and a country as big as the USA will go a minimum of 2 yrs with no race after our mxon?

|

8/8/2019 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2019 12:45 PM

In other sports a teams schedule consists of an equal amount of home/away games. At this point it has to be blatantly obvious this race isnt made for the ama riders and the organizers seem to be making a point of it at this point. Its disappointing but the last 2 mxgp schedules that have been released dont lie.

|

8/8/2019 12:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2019 12:47 PM

RichardLoots wrote:

yamaharider471 wrote:

Because its pulling from audiences of two different series. There are supercross races that get similar attendances and more viewers.

Maybe. But not "true" or "real" hardcore fans who truly care for the sport though

|

8/8/2019 12:48 PM

biscuit11 wrote:

I just want to know why Assen has a race on the 2020 calendar when they just had the mxon and a country as big as the USA will go a minimum of 2 yrs with no race after our mxon?

you asked it already in the 4 other topics ..nobody wants to answer laughing

i do remember cancelled races in USA in past , you need a partner willing to invest and organise a USGP
dont think many will be cheering for that these days , UK has no GP next year .. i see a Dutch GP dissapear in future as tracks are taken down for various reasons , Assen isnt making money , it cost a lot of money each year , it looks like it goes the way F1 goes , you buy a GP with money .. sad but true and not good for the sport in my opinion

so is see a lot of reasons tracks or organisations arent intrested in a GP .. the USGP's in past have been some of the best GP's to watch as there is that US vs Euro rivalry in it we usually only see at MXON ..

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/8/2019 12:50 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Bring on the downvotes.

Sadly there are a lot of big time losers who feel the same way you do. Representing one's country in a sporting event is an honor, and your attitude about it, is poor. I think it's the best race of the year because it's country against country to see who the top dog is. Now that the U.S.A. has lost for the last 8 years, it will be exciting to see when they win again.

|

8/8/2019 12:54 PM

RG1 wrote:

It’s the best event of the year, bar none. Lots of people like to point out that there is no payout for the riders in this event, but there are a number of sports where you don’t get paid to represent your country. Being picked to represent your country is the greatest honour an athlete can receive, you shouldn’t need to be paid to race one event for your country. None of our guys are getting paid, they never do, but I know every single rider in contention to be on Team GB is desperate to make the team. Your interest would undoubtedly be higher if the USA had performed better in recent years.

Straight rhythm would be dead by now if they hadn’t made it 2 strokes only. The MXoN has been around almost as long as the sport itself, that should tell you all you need to know

Name one with no pay out. Even an Olympic medal comes with prize money

|

8/8/2019 12:55 PM

I think the MXDN is a great event. Any extra racing is cool. I envy any of you that were able to attend the Unadilla MX des Nations in 1987.

With that being said......Anaheim 1 is pretty exciting as well. I would put Anaheim 1 as my personal favorite event of the year. Supercross is #1 in our country statistically and we are drawn towards supercross in the USA. Have you all been to a supercross race? It's really freaking cool. The outdoor races including the MXDN are a different spectator style altogether. It's hard to follow and our wives prefer the stadium comforts.

|

8/8/2019 12:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2019 1:03 PM

Moto520 wrote:

I think the MXDN is a great event. Any extra racing is cool. I envy any of you that were able to attend the Unadilla MX des Nations in 1987.

With that being said......Anaheim 1 is pretty exciting as well. I would put Anaheim 1 as my personal favorite event of the year. Supercross is #1 in our country statistically and we are drawn towards supercross in the USA. Have you all been to a supercross race? It's really freaking cool. The outdoor races including the MXDN are a different spectator style altogether. It's hard to follow and our wives prefer the stadium comforts.

Been to SX races, outdoors, GPs and Des Nations. Yes they are all rad but Des Nations have been my best experiences by far love the event. Ernee and Budds Creek are at the top of my list for different reasons. So cool to meet people from all over the world who have the same passion for the sport

|

8/8/2019 12:59 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Bring on the downvotes.

You should be banned from the forum for saying something as stupid as this post !

The MXON is the biggest event of the year ! Have you ever been to an MXON ? I have done plenty, i have been also to few US Supercross including A1, Nationals, MXGP, Bercy, Monster cup, well whatever you call it nothing come close to the atmosphere of the MXON ! Yes i am agree with people saying MXON = A1 ! Have you seen the amonts of post here related to this race ?!

If you are a fan of the sport you must support this beautiful event ! It’s part of the legends of our sport !

By the way Kawasaki should be ashamed not sending their best riders and i won’t support that brand anymore. I can understand for AC because moving to the 450 class requires focus but for Tomac there is no excuses. They forget that it’s US the fans who pay the bike, the tickets, the freaking energy drinks and their salary. They simply disrespect us.

And i blame Luongo also for hurting the events with a date no longer working out with the US calendar but also for being greedy with the riders.

|

8/8/2019 1:02 PM

Why do you hate America?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.