An unpopular opinion about "An unpopular opinion about MXoN"

fox1nz
8/10/2019 12:07pm
So JA21 has the better record at the Nations from current riders and Zac is a machine. Merica, you are sending probably ur best lineup with cooper as the exception..
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/10/2019 5:36pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're always going on about American invented sports...Hockey began in Canada btw and has become an international team sport. Basketball is now an international sport also...
You're always going on about American invented sports...Hockey began in Canada btw and has become an international team sport. Basketball is now an international sport also and both have been around longer than motocross. Does a sport "invented" on the European continent somehow carry more weight in your eyes ?
philG wrote:
No, i am just saying that playing your own backyard sports and dipping out of a chance to prove yourself from kids in the next street...
No, i am just saying that playing your own backyard sports and dipping out of a chance to prove yourself from kids in the next street when it crops up is just not on. I am pleased to see that both the men and women of the US Soccer scene have stepped up and done it, but aside of that what else is there. The days where US riders had a desire to prove themselves on the worlds stage are gone, this race is the one chance for that to happen. When it doesnt , its a shame.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table

Hmmm... I wonder which country has the most medals. Or did the USA invent all of those too 😂
Nighttrain
8/10/2019 5:52pm
I can't find my keys and I need to go get some fish food. Did y'all know Meow Mix is a great fish food? I'm talking...
I can't find my keys and I need to go get some fish food. Did y'all know Meow Mix is a great fish food? I'm talking about for use in a pond, not an aquarium.
Are you fattening up some catfish before they end up in your frying pan? Some fried catfish and hush puppies are good eats!
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/10/2019 6:15pm
ledger wrote:
Man Oh man, how things change, and we should ABSOLUTELY be on GO...to MXDN no matter what.
We have a team going.

The Shop

8/10/2019 6:15pm
Euro's still so salty that we don't give a shit about soccer. Such a manly sport. I could go down a rabbit hole on YouTube of dudes falling down holding their legs crying when the replay shows they were never touched. And exciting too! So exciting love to watch for 90min, or however long a game is I don't really care, and see a 1-0 score.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
8/10/2019 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2019 6:41pm
fox1nz wrote:
So JA21 has the better record at the Nations from current riders and Zac is a machine. Merica, you are sending probably ur best lineup with...
So JA21 has the better record at the Nations from current riders and Zac is a machine. Merica, you are sending probably ur best lineup with cooper as the exception..
Yeah, it's good for me for sure, my 2 favorite 450 riders! I don't care either way about Cooper, but I sure will at MXoN. I hope we have as good a team next year for Ernee when I will be there to see it. Smile
ATKpilot99
8/10/2019 6:47pm
Euro's still so salty that we don't give a shit about soccer. Such a manly sport. I could go down a rabbit hole on YouTube of...
Euro's still so salty that we don't give a shit about soccer. Such a manly sport. I could go down a rabbit hole on YouTube of dudes falling down holding their legs crying when the replay shows they were never touched. And exciting too! So exciting love to watch for 90min, or however long a game is I don't really care, and see a 1-0 score.
Its a good sport for children but most of us grow out of it.
kb228
8/10/2019 7:42pm
fox1nz wrote:
I call BS, New Zealand, Australia still turn up without a grumble, just pure pride to be representing their respective countries. And look how far they...
I call BS, New Zealand, Australia still turn up without a grumble, just pure pride to be representing their respective countries.
And look how far they travel. Any MXoN event held in either of these two countries would be totally epic. The turn out of spectators in Taupo just to see SE72 ride was unbelievable.
The problem with the US is the amount of people they take to the event.
kb228 wrote:
Australia and new zealand arent sending eli tomac and adam cianciarulo on the highest quality factory equipment either. In other words, its not nearly as expensive.
fox1nz wrote:
Oh so BT101, JC6, and Cody Cooper never had factory equipment?? I think you'll find thats all they had..
It doesnt matter. Theyre not eli tomac or ac or roczen. Theyre simply not. Their bikes are not the same as the US teams factory bikes.
jemcee
8/10/2019 10:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2019 5:04am
biscuit11 wrote:
My favorite rider hasnt been hurt all year so no crying here. Just pointing out obvious facts that some people are incapable of understanding. This race...
My favorite rider hasnt been hurt all year so no crying here. Just pointing out obvious facts that some people are incapable of understanding. This race is 100% mxgp oriented. This country is 100% ama oriented. Just like you guys watch soccer and we watch football. 26 of the last 30 mxons have been in the same small area of the globe. We have a series here with representation from all over the world so again that is why a lot of people here dont care about the mxon. Im glad you guys circle it on your calendar every year and worship the race i can see why when i watch half the mxgp venues on tv. No need to bash anyone for not wanting to go...
jemcee wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's you that's incapable of understanding the facts.. This race is 100% mxgp orientated? Yep cause 97% (roughly) of the riders and...
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's you that's incapable of understanding the facts..

This race is 100% mxgp orientated? Yep cause 97% (roughly) of the riders and 99% (roughly) of the teams are from that series.. You reckon they should cater more to the 3 and 1%? (roughly)

They've been in the same area of the globe cause that's more convenient and cheaper for 99% of the teams..
You'd rather it cost more for 99% of the teams just so it's cheaper for one or two teams?
Every now and again? Sure

You wanna know why it's gonna be at Ernee again? Cause the place will be absolutely packed to the gills AGAIN providing an insane atmosphere AGAIN!

biscuit11 wrote:
Maybe if they skipped the rounds with 20 guys on the gate and more people in trees watching for free than in the stands maybe they...
Maybe if they skipped the rounds with 20 guys on the gate and more people in trees watching for free than in the stands maybe they could put that money toward the mxon to make it what its supposed to be which is an even playing field race??!!??!! Orrrr just keep it a mxgp euro circle jerk and get mad at the ama guys when they have better things to do in their offseason???
Uuuum what are you talking about? Like I said above it is an even playing field for the majority of entrants..
You are suggesting that catering to 5 or 6 riders will make it fairer?
I'm not sure why I'm bothering to respond you've obviously got an agenda that's making it hard for you to think logically..
zehn
8/10/2019 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2019 10:27pm
Holy balls can we Dumbgeon this trash already
seventeen
8/11/2019 4:36am
MXDN LIKE MXGP IS ON ITS DEATHBED...ONE PERSON TO BLAME. ACCEPT IT.
chippo
8/11/2019 5:00am
philG wrote:
Its the pinnacle of our sport , like the Olympics and the World Cup rolled into one and is the single most exciting weekend in whole...
Its the pinnacle of our sport , like the Olympics and the World Cup rolled into one and is the single most exciting weekend in whole year. Nothing comes close. The whole 'we had a busy year' shit , is just that. Shit. Remember back when Cooper Webb stepped up from 250, to do Nations , and also went to Japan to race.. thats how it should be . I am not a Webb fan, but he has my respect for stepping up when others were too 'busy' .. when guys lay down their lives for the flag, the least these well paid athletes can do is step up and stand under it when the time comes.
Fuck Kawasaki. Fans should let them know what they think, and vote with their $$ .
All the guys that stepped up when the prima donnas didnt deserve respect, regardless of the results.
Do you really think Kawi cares about you or 13 irrelevant randoms not buying any Kawi products? Definitely not, no sleep will be lost and the money for winning Ama titles will more than easily cover any potential loses from a bunch of nobodies trying to boycott a brand for not wanting to outlay a massive amount of money and effort for a one off event that has relevance on any of the Ama series.
biscuit11
8/11/2019 6:43am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2019 6:44am
jemcee wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's you that's incapable of understanding the facts.. This race is 100% mxgp orientated? Yep cause 97% (roughly) of the riders and...
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's you that's incapable of understanding the facts..

This race is 100% mxgp orientated? Yep cause 97% (roughly) of the riders and 99% (roughly) of the teams are from that series.. You reckon they should cater more to the 3 and 1%? (roughly)

They've been in the same area of the globe cause that's more convenient and cheaper for 99% of the teams..
You'd rather it cost more for 99% of the teams just so it's cheaper for one or two teams?
Every now and again? Sure

You wanna know why it's gonna be at Ernee again? Cause the place will be absolutely packed to the gills AGAIN providing an insane atmosphere AGAIN!

biscuit11 wrote:
Maybe if they skipped the rounds with 20 guys on the gate and more people in trees watching for free than in the stands maybe they...
Maybe if they skipped the rounds with 20 guys on the gate and more people in trees watching for free than in the stands maybe they could put that money toward the mxon to make it what its supposed to be which is an even playing field race??!!??!! Orrrr just keep it a mxgp euro circle jerk and get mad at the ama guys when they have better things to do in their offseason???
jemcee wrote:
Uuuum what are you talking about? Like I said above it is an even playing field for the majority of entrants.. You are suggesting that catering...
Uuuum what are you talking about? Like I said above it is an even playing field for the majority of entrants..
You are suggesting that catering to 5 or 6 riders will make it fairer?
I'm not sure why I'm bothering to respond you've obviously got an agenda that's making it hard for you to think logically..
Even playing field for the mxgp guys yes its in their backyard 26 of the last 30 years because they blow their wad on traveling going to races as i described. We dont worry about 20 man gates at the US nationals. We dont worry about races at construction sites and races where more people climb trees outside the facility to watch then pay for a ticket. When you have races like that on a regular basis it kinda of dilutes the value of the mxon when its in the same very small area every year. It also is in the middle of off season here i dont blame any for not wanting to go. We had 5 countries represented in the top 11 450 results yesterday i guess that must not mean anything to you? Rough year for gps with the top guys out and now the ama riders turn down the euro circle jerk of course there is gonna be some butthurt.
8/11/2019 7:16am
biscuit11 wrote:
Even playing field for the mxgp guys yes its in their backyard 26 of the last 30 years because they blow their wad on traveling going...
Even playing field for the mxgp guys yes its in their backyard 26 of the last 30 years because they blow their wad on traveling going to races as i described. We dont worry about 20 man gates at the US nationals. We dont worry about races at construction sites and races where more people climb trees outside the facility to watch then pay for a ticket. When you have races like that on a regular basis it kinda of dilutes the value of the mxon when its in the same very small area every year. It also is in the middle of off season here i dont blame any for not wanting to go. We had 5 countries represented in the top 11 450 results yesterday i guess that must not mean anything to you? Rough year for gps with the top guys out and now the ama riders turn down the euro circle jerk of course there is gonna be some butthurt.
your butthurt is pretty obvious dude .. agreed and point made , did you copy / paste all your comments last few days ?
biscuit11
8/11/2019 7:38am
biscuit11 wrote:
Even playing field for the mxgp guys yes its in their backyard 26 of the last 30 years because they blow their wad on traveling going...
your butthurt is pretty obvious dude .. agreed and point made , did you copy / paste all your comments last few days ?
What exactly am i butthurt about if you dont mind me asking? My opinion is what it is yeah you can copy and paste anything i have said and ill agree with it 100% please dont be upset that the gp series is kinda run down at this point and riders from ama arent as interested to go. This is a glorified mxgp race on the mxgp calendar if you havent noticed. We have our own calendar to worry about.
Nuffsaid
8/11/2019 7:21pm
mxb2 wrote:
Throw the other riders names in there also that arent going because they turned it down.
Which names exactly? I don't recall any other country's Number 1 riders who aren't going? Correct me if I'm wrong..
mxb2 wrote:
Webb, usa, kroc germany, ferrandis, musquin france. But lets get mad at kawy. Lol. The others have a excuse. Vital.says ride for the country pride, where...
Webb, usa, kroc germany, ferrandis, musquin france. But lets get mad at kawy. Lol. The others have a excuse. Vital.says ride for the country pride, where is their pride?
Dylan and Marvin had no place on the team
mxb2
8/11/2019 7:24pm
Which names exactly? I don't recall any other country's Number 1 riders who aren't going? Correct me if I'm wrong..
mxb2 wrote:
Webb, usa, kroc germany, ferrandis, musquin france. But lets get mad at kawy. Lol. The others have a excuse. Vital.says ride for the country pride, where...
Webb, usa, kroc germany, ferrandis, musquin france. But lets get mad at kawy. Lol. The others have a excuse. Vital.says ride for the country pride, where is their pride?
Nuffsaid wrote:
Dylan and Marvin had no place on the team
Dylan already said no if he was picked, marvin was still mad. Lol. Put the feelings aside, ride if you can.
DPR250R
8/11/2019 7:32pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
It's a show.
Those guys aren't hitting, and tackling.

It's like a "touch football " game.

Imagine if the MXoN was raced at the intensity level the Pro Bowl is played... lol
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/11/2019 8:28pm
Park Boys wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table

Hmmm... I wonder which country has the most medals. Or did the USA invent all of those too 😂
philG wrote:
Biggest country wins most medals shocker...
How ignorant of you. Not suprising with your Eurocentric point to view. Try again! If you can’t keep up, ask a classmate.
TeamFlannel
8/11/2019 10:02pm
THIS is the result of the soccer mom's being allowed to take over and allowing EVERYONE a trophy @ #fallout #fromwinningcclassatlltopodiumatnationals #sandbaggers
Cortami79
8/12/2019 12:21am
Maybe I have an unpopular opinion, but here it is:

Back in 2011 when the USA won in France, no one was hating on the MXON. Dungey, RV and Bagget rode a hell of a race, to be honest. Yes, Herlings, Paulin and others mixed up with them. Amazing battles all weekend. That is what you get when you got the best riders of both series (AMA/GP) together. That's what it should be.

In 2012, obviously, team USA had no chance of winning. But they put in a good effort to finish 3rd. Not a bad thing for riders having a set-up way off and underestimating the sand capabilities of the European riders. I was there. For some reason, people are saying that the Europeans absolutely blasted Dungey, Bagget and Barcia. But the thing that happened was that Herlings and Cairoli put on a clinic, which they always do on sand based tracks. Herlings lapped the entire field in Lierop that year (apart from v Horebeek), so I wasn't really surprised that Bagget was lapped in Lommel as well. Even though he is an amazing rider, Herlings/Cairoli are from another planet in those sand conditions. Barcia actually did really well that weekend as well.

Onto 2013, Teutschental. Another proof that both series produce amazing riders. USA didn't win, but they mixed up with all the other GP riders' speed wise. Don't see any issue. Tomac actually was riding really well that weekend. Dungey wasn't.

2014, Another sand race. They obviously had bad luck with Martins' huge crash in qualifying. So that didn't help. Tomac rode a hell of a race, just mixing up with all GP riders. They came up short, but still on the podium.

2015. Ernee. Hard pack track. All Americans battled for top 5's. France was just better that day.

2016. Maggiora. Amazing race 2 with Herlings vs Anderson. Herlings obviously had that small crash, because it could get interesting (I'm still a dutch fan so don't blame me Woohoo ). But yes, Anderson won an had that shit accident.
That + Webb's crash hurt the chances of the USA riders.

2017: Matterly, mud weekend. Can't really compare this with the other events', as a mud race is always a bit of a gamble. To be honest, that was not a good team on paper.

2018: I went to Red Bud with my friends. Quite a trip but damn, impressive. To be honest, I really liked the USA fans. They are way more friendly in person, compared to some of you guys on VitalMX. Ofcourse the rain didn't help the USA riders, but I didn't expect such a bad race of all those guys from team USA. We, as Dutch fans, had a hell of a time with Coldenhoff riding his best race of his career. Herlings, to be honest I was more surprised with his qualifying ride than with his racing on Sunday. Just because I've seen him doing things that are not human. We really had that win stolen from us because of Vlaanderen's accident.

I think the pressure got the best of Tomac, Plessinger and Barcia last year. The only time I saw Tomac riding well was in moto 2 around midway. Plessinger rode okay on saturday until that hard crash. Barcia did all he could, but his raw riding style didn't help in those conditions.

Summarized, I think the USA should stop complaining about SX, Money issues and MX setups. They came close every year, except from last year and Matterly in the mud. It is crazy how some of these 'fans' cheer for their guys when they win, but as soon as they lose for a few years, they come up with crazy excuses. Ofcourse the dominant days are gone.. But if you think logically, MXGP has some crazy talent at the moment. I.E. Herlings, Cairoli, Prado, Paulin, Febvre, Desalle. The level gets higher and higher. It's just crazy how people can't enjoy having talents from both series. I enjoy the AMA as much as the GP's, and for me it a shame that riders don't want to race the event.
Props for Anderson, Cooper and Osborne to come and represent their country, even though they know that it will be a very tough race.

Ray_MXS
8/12/2019 12:26am
Cortami79 wrote:
Maybe I have an unpopular opinion, but here it is: Back in 2011 when the USA won in France, no one was hating on the MXON...
Maybe I have an unpopular opinion, but here it is:

Back in 2011 when the USA won in France, no one was hating on the MXON. Dungey, RV and Bagget rode a hell of a race, to be honest. Yes, Herlings, Paulin and others mixed up with them. Amazing battles all weekend. That is what you get when you got the best riders of both series (AMA/GP) together. That's what it should be.

In 2012, obviously, team USA had no chance of winning. But they put in a good effort to finish 3rd. Not a bad thing for riders having a set-up way off and underestimating the sand capabilities of the European riders. I was there. For some reason, people are saying that the Europeans absolutely blasted Dungey, Bagget and Barcia. But the thing that happened was that Herlings and Cairoli put on a clinic, which they always do on sand based tracks. Herlings lapped the entire field in Lierop that year (apart from v Horebeek), so I wasn't really surprised that Bagget was lapped in Lommel as well. Even though he is an amazing rider, Herlings/Cairoli are from another planet in those sand conditions. Barcia actually did really well that weekend as well.

Onto 2013, Teutschental. Another proof that both series produce amazing riders. USA didn't win, but they mixed up with all the other GP riders' speed wise. Don't see any issue. Tomac actually was riding really well that weekend. Dungey wasn't.

2014, Another sand race. They obviously had bad luck with Martins' huge crash in qualifying. So that didn't help. Tomac rode a hell of a race, just mixing up with all GP riders. They came up short, but still on the podium.

2015. Ernee. Hard pack track. All Americans battled for top 5's. France was just better that day.

2016. Maggiora. Amazing race 2 with Herlings vs Anderson. Herlings obviously had that small crash, because it could get interesting (I'm still a dutch fan so don't blame me Woohoo ). But yes, Anderson won an had that shit accident.
That + Webb's crash hurt the chances of the USA riders.

2017: Matterly, mud weekend. Can't really compare this with the other events', as a mud race is always a bit of a gamble. To be honest, that was not a good team on paper.

2018: I went to Red Bud with my friends. Quite a trip but damn, impressive. To be honest, I really liked the USA fans. They are way more friendly in person, compared to some of you guys on VitalMX. Ofcourse the rain didn't help the USA riders, but I didn't expect such a bad race of all those guys from team USA. We, as Dutch fans, had a hell of a time with Coldenhoff riding his best race of his career. Herlings, to be honest I was more surprised with his qualifying ride than with his racing on Sunday. Just because I've seen him doing things that are not human. We really had that win stolen from us because of Vlaanderen's accident.

I think the pressure got the best of Tomac, Plessinger and Barcia last year. The only time I saw Tomac riding well was in moto 2 around midway. Plessinger rode okay on saturday until that hard crash. Barcia did all he could, but his raw riding style didn't help in those conditions.

Summarized, I think the USA should stop complaining about SX, Money issues and MX setups. They came close every year, except from last year and Matterly in the mud. It is crazy how some of these 'fans' cheer for their guys when they win, but as soon as they lose for a few years, they come up with crazy excuses. Ofcourse the dominant days are gone.. But if you think logically, MXGP has some crazy talent at the moment. I.E. Herlings, Cairoli, Prado, Paulin, Febvre, Desalle. The level gets higher and higher. It's just crazy how people can't enjoy having talents from both series. I enjoy the AMA as much as the GP's, and for me it a shame that riders don't want to race the event.
Props for Anderson, Cooper and Osborne to come and represent their country, even though they know that it will be a very tough race.

Well said Cortami

Post a reply to: An unpopular opinion about "An unpopular opinion about MXoN"

The Latest