An unpopular opinion about "An unpopular opinion about MXoN"

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/9/2019 7:56pm
biscuit11 wrote:
The mxon has been to the USA 3 times in the past 30 years. After next year it will have been to Ernee, the same track...
The mxon has been to the USA 3 times in the past 30 years. After next year it will have been to Ernee, the same track, 3 times in the past 15. The race has only left europe 4 times in the past 30 years. Thoughts?? Want my thoughts? I think the facts speak for themselves...
presto170 wrote:
I beg you to come to assen & experience a european MXON, i guarantee your opinion of Europe would change completely.
Aww another person that thinks a “worldwide” event should stay In the same three counties!
8/9/2019 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 8:16pm
biscuit11 wrote:
The mxon has been to the USA 3 times in the past 30 years. After next year it will have been to Ernee, the same track...
The mxon has been to the USA 3 times in the past 30 years. After next year it will have been to Ernee, the same track, 3 times in the past 15. The race has only left europe 4 times in the past 30 years. Thoughts?? Want my thoughts? I think the facts speak for themselves...
presto170 wrote:
I beg you to come to assen & experience a european MXON, i guarantee your opinion of Europe would change completely.
Park Boys wrote:
Aww another person that thinks a “worldwide” event should stay In the same three counties!
The last MXoN on USA soil was only 9 months ago on the most American track in the USA. Our 450 and 250 motocross title winners and 450 top 5 rider got smoked. Like big fucken time. After that ass kicking Monster could pay a million dollars each to go and there would be no takers. It's not the money or the location dumbass.
Nighttrain
8/9/2019 8:19pm
fox1nz wrote:
I call BS, New Zealand, Australia still turn up without a grumble, just pure pride to be representing their respective countries. And look how far they...
I call BS, New Zealand, Australia still turn up without a grumble, just pure pride to be representing their respective countries.
And look how far they travel. Any MXoN event held in either of these two countries would be totally epic. The turn out of spectators in Taupo just to see SE72 ride was unbelievable.
The problem with the US is the amount of people they take to the event.
How do you know who pays for all the hanger-ons to attend? I seriously doubt Kawasaki ever paid for a goggle holder to attend. They probably paid their own way just to go or the rider pays for their entourage.
mxb2
8/9/2019 8:25pm
presto170 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
The last MXoN on USA soil was only 9 months ago on the most American track in the USA. Our 450 and 250 motocross title winners...
The last MXoN on USA soil was only 9 months ago on the most American track in the USA. Our 450 and 250 motocross title winners and 450 top 5 rider got smoked. Like big fucken time. After that ass kicking Monster could pay a million dollars each to go and there would be no takers. It's not the money or the location dumbass.
Eli.got 4th overall.yea smoked lol.

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/9/2019 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 8:40pm
presto170 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
The last MXoN on USA soil was only 9 months ago on the most American track in the USA. Our 450 and 250 motocross title winners...
I feel like I’m insulting myslef by responding to you, But I’m not against making fun of myself. The US team getting beat soundly on our soil has nothing to do with this post you absolute genius. If you look at the MxDN from the early 80s to the early 2000s it was an international event. Now days GL, the same guy that took the British GP away wants to keep it in an increasingly small area of the world. As far as the Yanks (us) loosing last year at the MxDN it should come as no shock. The GP riders have always been better when the conditions are “other”. Remember DV had more wins in the season at one point than RC after winning 13 straight SX races earlier. This should not come as a shock. But you (sheep) should know that the Euro style of racing as existed in the states for over a decade. The bloody yanks if you include GP Motos/MXDN motos since 2015 have been far and away the most successful country as far as diffrerent winners. Obviously you did not know that, most sheep don’t. I understand reading comprehension and reasoning might not be you're strong suite. So if you want to privately DM me I can fill you in on MX history. You’re welcome in advance.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
8/9/2019 9:47pm
yeeesh,

this topic kinda derailed. Originally it was intended to dig into the wannabe-fan base but ... uh ... nature finds a way to make it about Kawigate, A1 and other topic all over the place.
8/9/2019 9:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
One Manufacturer seems to have some sort of “ummmm, yeah, ummmmm...we don’t wanna go...so, ummmmm, yeah...you can’t go.” thing going on. And, really, WGAF & isn’t...
One Manufacturer seems to have some sort of “ummmm, yeah, ummmmm...we don’t wanna go...so, ummmmm, yeah...you can’t go.” thing going on.

And, really, WGAF & isn’t that their prerogative?

Me? Well, sure, it seems like Eli -and- AC are the “Best in Class” racers at the Nationals...in 2019.
But...the bike? Well, it seems to me that they don’t have that bike EXACTLY where they want it.

If you think I’m calling the KX450 a “bad bike” or the like...uh, no. Go see my comments from the Vital 2019 450 Shootout!

But, it IS a new bike & the Team DOES have some work to do from what I can see.

Also...KMC, USA has been sooooo close to a coupl’a 450 SX championships and I’ll bet they’re kinda pissed about that. They might wanna stay home and get to work on the 2020 championship INCLUDING making a stellar appearance and a WINNING performance at their title sponsors HOME Invitational Race...oh, btw...
Do ya think Monster has a say in all of this?
I do.
Big time excuses. One race isn't going to hurt prep for the season.
jemcee
8/10/2019 2:12am
biscuit11 wrote:
My favorite rider hasnt been hurt all year so no crying here. Just pointing out obvious facts that some people are incapable of understanding. This race...
My favorite rider hasnt been hurt all year so no crying here. Just pointing out obvious facts that some people are incapable of understanding. This race is 100% mxgp oriented. This country is 100% ama oriented. Just like you guys watch soccer and we watch football. 26 of the last 30 mxons have been in the same small area of the globe. We have a series here with representation from all over the world so again that is why a lot of people here dont care about the mxon. Im glad you guys circle it on your calendar every year and worship the race i can see why when i watch half the mxgp venues on tv. No need to bash anyone for not wanting to go...
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's you that's incapable of understanding the facts..

This race is 100% mxgp orientated? Yep cause 97% (roughly) of the riders and 99% (roughly) of the teams are from that series.. You reckon they should cater more to the 3 and 1%? (roughly)

They've been in the same area of the globe cause that's more convenient and cheaper for 99% of the teams..
You'd rather it cost more for 99% of the teams just so it's cheaper for one or two teams?
Every now and again? Sure

You wanna know why it's gonna be at Ernee again? Cause the place will be absolutely packed to the gills AGAIN providing an insane atmosphere AGAIN!

mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
8/10/2019 2:36am
It would be a lot cheaper for you guys if you didn't take 40 team personnel for 3 riders. Its got really bad. I dont understand why you need so many people doing nothing useful
jose286
8/10/2019 3:48am
The problem starts with FIM doing a well job of controlling the monopoly and keeping the facts that dictate where the event will be held. Track owners aren't willing to put the money FIM will require them to give in order to host the event. I believe it's somewhere in the vicinity of 500k on top of all the hoops and rules they will have to go through while forfeiting control of their facility. It's a shame they seem to be such a powerhouse in the industry and it's clear as day when they do a crap job of handling anti-doping in the U.S.A. Maybe if they didn't have so much control here then there would be a chance for some flexibility on costs, locations, and scheduling.
kb228
8/10/2019 3:53am
presto170 wrote:
Stop classing the whole of Europe as the same place I beg you. Just because your country is big doesn’t mean it’s more important than every...
Stop classing the whole of Europe as the same place I beg you. Just because your country is big doesn’t mean it’s more important than every separate country we have here. We’re all different, speak different languages etc etc. I’m English & I for sure will not be considering assen as a home mxon because it’s in the same continent as me, such dumb logic man.
biscuit11 wrote:
Its not the ama riders fault that every country in europe is equivalent to the size of a state in our country. At some point when...
Its not the ama riders fault that every country in europe is equivalent to the size of a state in our country. At some point when it sits at 26-3 europe vs usa on mxon events on traveling expenses and time someone is gonna step up and say something. This race is on the mxgp schedule not the ama schedule. The race has been in europe 26 of the past 30 years which is where mxgp is based, not the ama and its riders. Its clear as day man the race is 100% put on by and catered to the mxgp riders im not sure how you can even question that. The mxon organizers obviously have their own agenda, and i bet there is a whole lot more to all these riders skipping this than we know. Riders from all over the world who ride ama are skipping not just usa riders. Instead of crying they arent going maybe thinking of a logical reason why they arent would be a better idea? If you live in europe sure the mxon can be viewed as the race of all races cause its been there 26 of the past 30 years and is organized by the series that spends its whole year there. Things are different on this side of the world which is apparent in the lack of mxgp races in this country... the mxgp promoters would rather a 20 man gate in a construction site in some country that doesnt have any riders compete. Good for them when that is your agenda be prepared for the consequences which is the usa losing interest. I bet thats why there was a rumor we werent going at all. It is what it is brother.
fox1nz wrote:
I call BS, New Zealand, Australia still turn up without a grumble, just pure pride to be representing their respective countries. And look how far they...
I call BS, New Zealand, Australia still turn up without a grumble, just pure pride to be representing their respective countries.
And look how far they travel. Any MXoN event held in either of these two countries would be totally epic. The turn out of spectators in Taupo just to see SE72 ride was unbelievable.
Australia and new zealand arent sending eli tomac and adam cianciarulo on the highest quality factory equipment either. In other words, its not nearly as expensive.
Barrett57
8/10/2019 5:04am
kb228 wrote:
Australia and new zealand arent sending eli tomac and adam cianciarulo on the highest quality factory equipment either. In other words, its not nearly as expensive.
Australia could easily send 2 factory riders.

The thing about the convicts is they don't start crying when the going gets tough, they knuckle down and get on with it instead of making multiple 10 paged threads full of excuses.
philG
8/10/2019 5:37am
kb228 wrote:
Inventing our own stuff is why the USA is at the forefront of innovation.
It has ti be said,when it comes to sports that arent even sports, the US is in a league of its own.
biscuit11
8/10/2019 5:48am
presto170 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
First off Barcia isnt a top 5 rider when people are healthy. Plessinger was doing fine in qualifying race till he had issues and i have no explanation for his riding on race day orher than what people who were there on the team have said about the weather and prep catching them off guard. Eli was on a new bike getting seat time and still did respectable. Dude smokes the gp guys 5 of 6 motos at usgps in my opinion its very ignorant to say that he would be at all scared to line up against the gp guys based on results. Its known that he doesnt go for it when he isnt feeling the bike and on a new bike id imagine he wasnt feeling it yet. The ama riders not going has more to do with the race being put on and fully catered to the mxgp racers by their series. Its on their calendar not ours if you havent noticed. The race and series seem to stay in one little area and maybe its causing some to lose interest in their shenanigans?? They threw us a bone to keep the sheep brainwashed and for getting a bone thrown our way look at where the race is held this year on a temporary sand track usa cant train for how can you not say its 100% for the gp guys it really is a joke.
biscuit11
8/10/2019 5:54am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2019 5:57am
presto170 wrote:
Stop classing the whole of Europe as the same place I beg you. Just because your country is big doesn’t mean it’s more important than every...
Stop classing the whole of Europe as the same place I beg you. Just because your country is big doesn’t mean it’s more important than every separate country we have here. We’re all different, speak different languages etc etc. I’m English & I for sure will not be considering assen as a home mxon because it’s in the same continent as me, such dumb logic man.
biscuit11 wrote:
Its not the ama riders fault that every country in europe is equivalent to the size of a state in our country. At some point when...
Its not the ama riders fault that every country in europe is equivalent to the size of a state in our country. At some point when it sits at 26-3 europe vs usa on mxon events on traveling expenses and time someone is gonna step up and say something. This race is on the mxgp schedule not the ama schedule. The race has been in europe 26 of the past 30 years which is where mxgp is based, not the ama and its riders. Its clear as day man the race is 100% put on by and catered to the mxgp riders im not sure how you can even question that. The mxon organizers obviously have their own agenda, and i bet there is a whole lot more to all these riders skipping this than we know. Riders from all over the world who ride ama are skipping not just usa riders. Instead of crying they arent going maybe thinking of a logical reason why they arent would be a better idea? If you live in europe sure the mxon can be viewed as the race of all races cause its been there 26 of the past 30 years and is organized by the series that spends its whole year there. Things are different on this side of the world which is apparent in the lack of mxgp races in this country... the mxgp promoters would rather a 20 man gate in a construction site in some country that doesnt have any riders compete. Good for them when that is your agenda be prepared for the consequences which is the usa losing interest. I bet thats why there was a rumor we werent going at all. It is what it is brother.
fox1nz wrote:
Id like to think our SX and MX here in the USA is on a bit bigger stage than in those countries you mentioned. Maybe thats why they jump for the chance to go to mxon while we have plenty of iconic tracks and races here to keep our time occupied? Just a guess... well its race day finally after a week off thankfully i dont have to look forward to a race in Indonesia today and get to watch it on a real track. AMA nationals > mxgp every day of the week.
biscuit11
8/10/2019 6:52am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2019 6:54am
biscuit11 wrote:
My favorite rider hasnt been hurt all year so no crying here. Just pointing out obvious facts that some people are incapable of understanding. This race...
My favorite rider hasnt been hurt all year so no crying here. Just pointing out obvious facts that some people are incapable of understanding. This race is 100% mxgp oriented. This country is 100% ama oriented. Just like you guys watch soccer and we watch football. 26 of the last 30 mxons have been in the same small area of the globe. We have a series here with representation from all over the world so again that is why a lot of people here dont care about the mxon. Im glad you guys circle it on your calendar every year and worship the race i can see why when i watch half the mxgp venues on tv. No need to bash anyone for not wanting to go...
jemcee wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's you that's incapable of understanding the facts.. This race is 100% mxgp orientated? Yep cause 97% (roughly) of the riders and...

This race is 100% mxgp orientated? Yep cause 97% (roughly) of the riders and 99% (roughly) of the teams are from that series.. You reckon they should cater more to the 3 and 1%? (roughly)

They've been in the same area of the globe cause that's more convenient and cheaper for 99% of the teams..
You'd rather it cost more for 99% of the teams just so it's cheaper for one or two teams?

You wanna know why it's gonna be at Ernee again? Cause the place will be absolutely packed to the gills AGAIN providing an insane atmosphere AGAIN!

Maybe if they skipped the rounds with 20 guys on the gate and more people in trees watching for free than in the stands maybe they could put that money toward the mxon to make it what its supposed to be which is an even playing field race??!!??!! Orrrr just keep it a mxgp euro circle jerk and get mad at the ama guys when they have better things to do in their offseason???
TexasVet
8/10/2019 7:18am
presto170 wrote:
biscuit11 wrote:
fox1nz wrote:
Well, let's call bs. New Zealand and Australia. go without a grumble because none of their riders have a chance in hell

of losing a million dollars on a championship. To them, a working holiday on someone else's dime(pride too).

And your supposition about the size of the team shows you don't have a clue about why certain riders aren't going.

CHAMPIONSHIPS/BONUSES : Millions! This is about money, just not expenses.
8/10/2019 7:43am
TexasVet wrote:
Well, let's call bs. New Zealand and Australia. go without a grumble because none of their riders have a chance in hell of losing a million...
Well, let's call bs. New Zealand and Australia. go without a grumble because none of their riders have a chance in hell

of losing a million dollars on a championship. To them, a working holiday on someone else's dime(pride too).

And your supposition about the size of the team shows you don't have a clue about why certain riders aren't going.

CHAMPIONSHIPS/BONUSES : Millions! This is about money, just not expenses.
Exactly.
Tuffy
8/10/2019 7:47am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2019 7:48am
crusty_xx wrote:
It's easy to fake statistics, or facts as you call it, to the outcome you want to see by selecting a certain timeframe. Let's exclude future...
It's easy to fake statistics, or facts as you call it, to the outcome you want to see by selecting a certain timeframe.

Let's exclude future events and only include 15 years.
Suddenly the US had 3 races in 15 years. No other country had more than 3. GB and France also had 3.

If Europe was a country, I would agree. But it's not.
If you want to get technical about Europe, I guess then you can say, compare the last 30 years and which continent has hosted the MXoN.

Europe is like the USA. Traveling from Germany to Holland or France to England is like going from Illinois to Wisconsin.
SEEMEFIRST
8/10/2019 8:23am
TexasVet wrote:
Again, this is about money not pride. Money = millions$$$. Prima donnas make millions. You going to pay the prima donnas millions if they blow a...
Again, this is about money not pride.

Money = millions$$$.

Prima donnas make millions.

You going to pay the prima donnas millions if they blow a knee at MXoN? or straight rhythm?

Perspective.

Most pro sports don't allow outside activities in their athletes contracts and this includes flying, motorcycles etc.

MXoN is such an activity. Mammoth.

Even guys like Barcia, Bagget or other "top ten" finishers have a lot to lose at a boutique race. Losing things like factory

rides. Look at how devastating getting injured is while testing/practicing. Whole careers(potential millions) gone.

Ask David Bailey.
philG wrote:
So what is the 'All Stars' NFL Game then ?

It's a show.
Those guys aren't hitting, and tackling.

It's like a "touch football " game.

TexasVet
8/10/2019 9:05am
TexasVet wrote:
Again, this is about money not pride. Money = millions$$$. Prima donnas make millions. You going to pay the prima donnas millions if they blow a...

Money = millions$$$.

You going to pay the prima donnas millions if they blow a knee at MXoN? or straight rhythm?

Perspective.

Most pro sports don't allow outside activities in their athletes contracts and this includes flying, motorcycles etc.

Even guys like Barcia, Bagget or other "top ten" finishers have a lot to lose at a boutique race. Losing things like factory

rides. Look at how devastating getting injured is while testing/practicing. Whole careers(potential millions) gone.

Ask David Bailey.
philG wrote:

Again, the Pro Bowl and "all star" events or even a celebrity softball game could be potentially career ending

for anyone. I played and started on my high school football team(5A). My friends and I would play tackle football on

Sundays at the local park, until I sprained my angle badly. My coach chewed my butt out good for being stupid.

Not in the league of Eli Tomac but the lesson applies. Lastly, I think Eli Tomac/Kaw would be at the MXoN if American

Pride overrode the desire for money. Without question, this is the case.

Btw- I also raced mx during my football days, but since I never got hurt racing(ever)(really), it never mattered.

Btw- My coach didn't know about my racing. Nor did I ever give it up for football.
Excaliburbmx
8/10/2019 9:23am
biscuit11 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's you that's incapable of understanding the facts.. This race is 100% mxgp orientated? Yep cause 97% (roughly) of the riders and...

99 percent profit for one man
philG
8/10/2019 9:26am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
It's a show.

So what is the fucking point?
philG
8/10/2019 9:36am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're always going on about American invented sports...Hockey began in Canada btw and has become an international team sport. Basketball is now an international sport also...
You're always going on about American invented sports...Hockey began in Canada btw and has become an international team sport. Basketball is now an international sport also and both have been around longer than motocross. Does a sport "invented" on the European continent somehow carry more weight in your eyes ?
No, i am just saying that playing your own backyard sports and dipping out of a chance to prove yourself from kids in the next street when it crops up is just not on. I am pleased to see that both the men and women of the US Soccer scene have stepped up and done it, but aside of that what else is there. The days where US riders had a desire to prove themselves on the worlds stage are gone, this race is the one chance for that to happen. When it doesnt , its a shame.
ATKpilot99
8/10/2019 9:38am
TexasVet wrote:

Money = millions$$$.

Perspective.

Ask David Bailey.
philG wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
It's a show.

The pro bowl is kind of a joke. They should just name an honorary all pro team and leave it at that . Some players just skip it now anyway. But as long as people show up to the game and watch it on tv it will continue.
ATKpilot99
8/10/2019 9:39am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're always going on about American invented sports...Hockey began in Canada btw and has become an international team sport. Basketball is now an international sport also...
You're always going on about American invented sports...Hockey began in Canada btw and has become an international team sport. Basketball is now an international sport also and both have been around longer than motocross. Does a sport "invented" on the European continent somehow carry more weight in your eyes ?
philG wrote:
No, i am just saying that playing your own backyard sports and dipping out of a chance to prove yourself from kids in the next street...
No, i am just saying that playing your own backyard sports and dipping out of a chance to prove yourself from kids in the next street when it crops up is just not on. I am pleased to see that both the men and women of the US Soccer scene have stepped up and done it, but aside of that what else is there. The days where US riders had a desire to prove themselves on the worlds stage are gone, this race is the one chance for that to happen. When it doesnt , its a shame.
Well on that I agree with you.
8/10/2019 9:50am
philG wrote:
Its the pinnacle of our sport , like the Olympics and the World Cup rolled into one and is the single most exciting weekend in whole...
Its the pinnacle of our sport , like the Olympics and the World Cup rolled into one and is the single most exciting weekend in whole year. Nothing comes close. The whole 'we had a busy year' shit , is just that. Shit. Remember back when Cooper Webb stepped up from 250, to do Nations , and also went to Japan to race.. thats how it should be . I am not a Webb fan, but he has my respect for stepping up when others were too 'busy' .. when guys lay down their lives for the flag, the least these well paid athletes can do is step up and stand under it when the time comes.
Fuck Kawasaki. Fans should let them know what they think, and vote with their $$ .
All the guys that stepped up when the prima donnas didnt deserve respect, regardless of the results.
Agreed. Hands up who gets super excited about A1? Who gets bored of SX by round 6/7? Who gets super excited about the first MXGP? Gets...
Agreed.

Hands up who gets super excited about A1?
Who gets bored of SX by round 6/7?
Who gets super excited about the first MXGP?
Gets bored of it by round 6/7?
Gets super excited about Hangtown??

There seems to be too much emphasis on simply competing and doing well at one championship these days. But the fans don't really care about championships as much as riders do. The fans want great, exciting racing and a spectacle. The MXON IMO is still by far the most anticipated and exciting race of the year. No matter what country hosts it or wins it. For the record, I want USA to win it this year & give a big F.U. to Kawasaki, Eli & Adam. Then next year, Eli, Kawasaki & Adam aren't welcome to compete even if they want to.
mxb2 wrote:
Throw the other riders names in there also that arent going because they turned it down.
Which names exactly? I don't recall any other country's Number 1 riders who aren't going? Correct me if I'm wrong..
mxb2
8/10/2019 9:54am
Agreed. Hands up who gets super excited about A1? Who gets bored of SX by round 6/7? Who gets super excited about the first MXGP? Gets...
Agreed.

Hands up who gets super excited about A1?
Who gets bored of SX by round 6/7?
Who gets super excited about the first MXGP?
Gets bored of it by round 6/7?
Gets super excited about Hangtown??

There seems to be too much emphasis on simply competing and doing well at one championship these days. But the fans don't really care about championships as much as riders do. The fans want great, exciting racing and a spectacle. The MXON IMO is still by far the most anticipated and exciting race of the year. No matter what country hosts it or wins it. For the record, I want USA to win it this year & give a big F.U. to Kawasaki, Eli & Adam. Then next year, Eli, Kawasaki & Adam aren't welcome to compete even if they want to.
mxb2 wrote:
Throw the other riders names in there also that arent going because they turned it down.
Which names exactly? I don't recall any other country's Number 1 riders who aren't going? Correct me if I'm wrong..
Webb, usa, kroc germany, ferrandis, musquin france. But lets get mad at kawy. Lol. The others have a excuse. Vital.says ride for the country pride, where is their pride?
8/10/2019 11:36am
I can't find my keys and I need to go get some fish food. Did y'all know Meow Mix is a great fish food? I'm talking about for use in a pond, not an aquarium.
fox1nz
8/10/2019 12:01pm
biscuit11 wrote:
fox1nz wrote:
kb228 wrote:
Oh so BT101, JC6, and Cody Cooper never had factory equipment?? I think you'll find thats all they had..

Post a reply to: An unpopular opinion about "An unpopular opinion about MXoN"

The Latest