An unpopular opinion about "An unpopular opinion about MXoN"

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 12:27am
I'm starting to see some patterns.

Is it usual for american people to play it way way waaay down when they see something and already know that chances are too slim to shine?

"Yeah, we don't even care about MXoN."
"It's not that great of a race."
"SX is much bigger here." (God forbid MM25 or KR94 winning 450 title, idk what excuse will follow then)

If racing is only about winning then 39 guys are wasting their time behind the starting gate...
|
8/8/2019 11:53pm
Gagging most of the reactions in that thread, I believe it would be the popular opinion about an unpopular opinion about MXoN.

But what do I know, I'm one of the unpopular opinions which goes against the popular opinion about the MXON.

Wait, what?
Dropbear
8/8/2019 11:59pm
Gagging most of the reactions in that thread, I believe it would be the popular opinion about an unpopular opinion about MXoN. But what do I...
Gagging most of the reactions in that thread, I believe it would be the popular opinion about an unpopular opinion about MXoN.

But what do I know, I'm one of the unpopular opinions which goes against the popular opinion about the MXON.

Wait, what?
Take it easy on the gagging. We don’t want no creepy shit here.
philG
8/9/2019 1:33am
Its the pinnacle of our sport , like the Olympics and the World Cup rolled into one and is the single most exciting weekend in whole year. Nothing comes close. The whole 'we had a busy year' shit , is just that. Shit. Remember back when Cooper Webb stepped up from 250, to do Nations , and also went to Japan to race.. thats how it should be . I am not a Webb fan, but he has my respect for stepping up when others were too 'busy' .. when guys lay down their lives for the flag, the least these well paid athletes can do is step up and stand under it when the time comes.
Fuck Kawasaki. Fans should let them know what they think, and vote with their $$ .
All the guys that stepped up when the prima donnas didnt deserve respect, regardless of the results.
8/9/2019 1:49am
philG wrote:
Its the pinnacle of our sport , like the Olympics and the World Cup rolled into one and is the single most exciting weekend in whole...
Its the pinnacle of our sport , like the Olympics and the World Cup rolled into one and is the single most exciting weekend in whole year. Nothing comes close. The whole 'we had a busy year' shit , is just that. Shit. Remember back when Cooper Webb stepped up from 250, to do Nations , and also went to Japan to race.. thats how it should be . I am not a Webb fan, but he has my respect for stepping up when others were too 'busy' .. when guys lay down their lives for the flag, the least these well paid athletes can do is step up and stand under it when the time comes.
Fuck Kawasaki. Fans should let them know what they think, and vote with their $$ .
All the guys that stepped up when the prima donnas didnt deserve respect, regardless of the results.
Agreed.

Hands up who gets super excited about A1?
Who gets bored of SX by round 6/7?
Who gets super excited about the first MXGP?
Gets bored of it by round 6/7?
Gets super excited about Hangtown??

There seems to be too much emphasis on simply competing and doing well at one championship these days. But the fans don't really care about championships as much as riders do. The fans want great, exciting racing and a spectacle. The MXON IMO is still by far the most anticipated and exciting race of the year. No matter what country hosts it or wins it. For the record, I want USA to win it this year & give a big F.U. to Kawasaki, Eli & Adam. Then next year, Eli, Kawasaki & Adam aren't welcome to compete even if they want to.

The Shop

ledger
8/9/2019 2:21am
Man Oh man, how things change, and we should ABSOLUTELY be on GO...to MXDN no matter what.
Excaliburbmx
8/9/2019 3:22am
It is not the pinnacle of our sport here in the USA. Whether we win it or not.
It wasn’t the pinnacle the last year we won it very cool yes but not the pinnacle.
kb228
8/9/2019 3:59am
Look supercross is more important than any other series/race on earth. Thats a fact. Its even more important for monster athletes to participate in it and MEC. Its not an excuse to not go. American riders get beat by musquin and roczen and still show up the next weekend. How many races have we lost at des nations and still show up?

Kawasaki told their riders SX and MEC are priority and Mxdn is not. Other industry people are pushing for not going all together. Collectively that aught to lead you to believe mxdn is becoming less important now that MEC is around.
Bramlett321
8/9/2019 5:08am
This post is the most stupid shit I've ever read. God forbid you look at any facts before spouting off your opinion.
mxb2
8/9/2019 5:22am
philG wrote:
Its the pinnacle of our sport , like the Olympics and the World Cup rolled into one and is the single most exciting weekend in whole...
Lol.yea boycott kawy. Makes sense. Sound like a 10 year old spoiled kid. Boycott ktm honda yamaha also. Pretty sure musquin, webb , kroc ferrandis, could go. If they wanted , ya know for country pride.
8/9/2019 5:25am
Agreed. Hands up who gets super excited about A1? Who gets bored of SX by round 6/7? Who gets super excited about the first MXGP? Gets...
Agreed.

There seems to be too much emphasis on simply competing and doing well at one championship these days. But the fans don't really care about championships as much as riders do. The fans want great, exciting racing and a spectacle. The MXON IMO is still by far the most anticipated and exciting race of the year. No matter what country hosts it or wins it. For the record, I want USA to win it this year & give a big F.U. to Kawasaki, Eli & Adam. Then next year, Eli, Kawasaki & Adam aren't welcome to compete even if they want to.
Who gets excited about Straight Rhythm?
Gets bored of it by the quarter-finals?
mxb2
8/9/2019 5:28am
philG wrote:
Agreed. Hands up who gets super excited about A1? Who gets bored of SX by round 6/7? Who gets super excited about the first MXGP? Gets...
Agreed.

Throw the other riders names in there also that arent going because they turned it down.
biscuit11
8/9/2019 5:45am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 5:51am

Maybe they are finally sick of the race rotating all over europe as a home race for mxgp riders on a surface we have no tracks here to replicate?? Its one thing to hog the race on your home soil but its another level when you put it on a track the riders here cant prepare for. Next time we get the mxon after europe has it 5 more times lets put it on a sx track and see what those guys say and do. Maybe Daytona?? 😁😁 Naa lets get some rhythm sections in there so we can really have some fun!!
biscuit11
8/9/2019 5:47am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 5:48am
Our national series does more traveling between WW, Washougal, and Unadilla alone then the mxgp series does for 15 of their 20 events even though some loyalists love to think otherwise. Then they get the mxon every year on their home soil on top of it? Maybe Assen was the straw that broke the camels back for some people??
DonM
8/9/2019 5:48am
Both these threads are stupid....
kb228
8/9/2019 5:53am
biscuit11 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/09/365396/s1200_EFAE4034_8271_4735_B0E9_9153CC7F6739.jpg[/img] Maybe they are finally sick of the race rotating all over europe as a home race for mxgp riders on a surface we have no...

Maybe they are finally sick of the race rotating all over europe as a home race for mxgp riders on a surface we have no tracks here to replicate?? Its one thing to hog the race on your home soil but its another level when you put it on a track the riders here cant prepare for. Next time we get the mxon after europe has it 5 more times lets put it on a sx track and see what those guys say and do. Maybe Daytona?? 😁😁 Naa lets get some rhythm sections in there so we can really have some fun!!
Look at all of those teams who will pay practically nothing to go to mxdn.

And kawasaki is expected to foot the bill to pay two A list factory riders, bikes, team, parts and ship them all halfway around the world for a race with NO return other than pride.

Kenny said no, ferrandis said no, musquin said no. Nobody is riding their ass about not going.
biscuit11
8/9/2019 5:54am
DonM wrote:
Both these threads are stupid....
I agree. People need to quit crying about who wants to go and who doesnt cause its a pretty damn long list of ama guys that said no maybe thats the clue. Maybe, just maybe, they are more educated on making their decisions than people here are bashing them.
TexasVet
8/9/2019 5:56am
kb228 wrote:
Look supercross is more important than any other series/race on earth. Thats a fact. Its even more important for monster athletes to participate in it and...
Look supercross is more important than any other series/race on earth. Thats a fact. Its even more important for monster athletes to participate in it and MEC. Its not an excuse to not go. American riders get beat by musquin and roczen and still show up the next weekend. How many races have we lost at des nations and still show up?

Kawasaki told their riders SX and MEC are priority and Mxdn is not. Other industry people are pushing for not going all together. Collectively that aught to lead you to believe mxdn is becoming less important now that MEC is around.
I think this is all true.

Mx racing is a business. So is the "industry" of racing, products etc. The "industry" weighs cost/risk vs. return(profit)

(like every other business). American pride doesn't enter into the the mix for Kaw. or Monster.

The risk of losing any Kaw./Monster rider outweighs American Pride. If Tomac, Kaw., Monster etc. thought MXoN

was a top priority, it would be contractual(bonuses etc.)(profitable/lucrative/return).

Ask Bob Hannah about "off season" activities.

I care deeply about MXoN pride. But then they didn't ask me.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/9/2019 6:02am
So someone opens a thread saying he doesn't care about the mxdn and then engages in page long discussions about the event.
But yeah he doesn't care at all.

Like not at all
biscuit11
8/9/2019 6:31am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 6:32am
The mxon has been to the USA 3 times in the past 30 years. After next year it will have been to Ernee, the same track, 3 times in the past 15. The race has only left europe 4 times in the past 30 years. Thoughts?? Want my thoughts? I think the facts speak for themselves...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/9/2019 6:38am
biscuit11 wrote:
The mxon has been to the USA 3 times in the past 30 years. After next year it will have been to Ernee, the same track...
The mxon has been to the USA 3 times in the past 30 years. After next year it will have been to Ernee, the same track, 3 times in the past 15. The race has only left europe 4 times in the past 30 years. Thoughts?? Want my thoughts? I think the facts speak for themselves...
It's easy to fake statistics, or facts as you call it, to the outcome you want to see by selecting a certain timeframe.

Let's exclude future events and only include 15 years.
Suddenly the US had 3 races in 15 years. No other country had more than 3. GB and France also had 3.

If Europe was a country, I would agree. But it's not.
biscuit11
8/9/2019 6:44am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 6:46am
biscuit11 wrote:
The mxon has been to the USA 3 times in the past 30 years. After next year it will have been to Ernee, the same track...
crusty_xx wrote:
It's easy to fake statistics, or facts as you call it, to the outcome you want to see by selecting a certain timeframe. Let's exclude future...
It's easy to fake statistics, or facts as you call it, to the outcome you want to see by selecting a certain timeframe.

Let's exclude future events and only include 15 years.
Suddenly the US had 3 races in 15 years. No other country had more than 3. GB and France also had 3.

If Europe was a country, I would agree. But it's not.
If you have some sort of europen fetish or are just inspired by the allure of an event on foreign soil i guess i can see why the event gets people sooo hyped. I like to watch the race no doubt, but lets be real here. Those are facts that a country as big as all of europe has had the race once every 10 years. Crazy when you think about the series here and how guys from around the world dream to come here to compete. So right now europe has the lead 26-3 over an area the same size. #30 was australia sneaking in a point good for them. Again i enjoy the race but its completely understandable why these guys dont want to go especially when the track makeup is handing the race to another series on a silver platter.
TexasVet
8/9/2019 6:47am
philG wrote:
Agreed.

Again, this is about money not pride.

Money = millions$$$.

Prima donnas make millions.

You going to pay the prima donnas millions if they blow a knee at MXoN? or straight rhythm?

Perspective.

Most pro sports don't allow outside activities in their athletes contracts and this includes flying, motorcycles etc.

MXoN is such an activity. Mammoth.

Even guys like Barcia, Bagget or other "top ten" finishers have a lot to lose at a boutique race. Losing things like factory

rides. Look at how devastating getting injured is while testing/practicing. Whole careers(potential millions) gone.

Ask David Bailey.
Nighttrain
8/9/2019 6:52am
mxb2 wrote:
Lol.yea boycott kawy. Makes sense. Sound like a 10 year old spoiled kid. Boycott ktm honda yamaha also. Pretty sure musquin, webb , kroc ferrandis, could...
Lol.yea boycott kawy. Makes sense. Sound like a 10 year old spoiled kid. Boycott ktm honda yamaha also. Pretty sure musquin, webb , kroc ferrandis, could go. If they wanted , ya know for country pride.
You’re not following the narrative, mxb2. Roczen and Ferrandis are exempt from such scrutiny.

After countless threads and posts the whole thing can be summarized fairly easily. Those who believe MXoN is the most important event are so devoted to it that no other opinions matter. Those who don’t share the same passion for the race are: sore losers, unpatriotic, not hardcore MX, flatbilled ear tuckers, Monster truck crowd, members of the great unwashed.
mxb2
8/9/2019 7:19am
mxb2 wrote:
Lol.yea boycott kawy. Makes sense. Sound like a 10 year old spoiled kid. Boycott ktm honda yamaha also. Pretty sure musquin, webb , kroc ferrandis, could...
Nighttrain wrote:
You’re not following the narrative, mxb2. Roczen and Ferrandis are exempt from such scrutiny. After countless threads and posts the whole thing can be summarized fairly...
You’re not following the narrative, mxb2. Roczen and Ferrandis are exempt from such scrutiny.

After countless threads and posts the whole thing can be summarized fairly easily. Those who believe MXoN is the most important event are so devoted to it that no other opinions matter. Those who don’t share the same passion for the race are: sore losers, unpatriotic, not hardcore MX, flatbilled ear tuckers, Monster truck crowd, members of the great unwashed.
Nope, nothing stopping them from racing it. Suck it up. Country pride.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/9/2019 7:22am
Gagging most of the reactions in that thread, I believe it would be the popular opinion about an unpopular opinion about MXoN. But what do I...

Wait, what?
It isn't not true that I don't disagree. Wait, or is it...?Cool
8/9/2019 7:33am
biscuit11 wrote:
Stop classing the whole of Europe as the same place I beg you. Just because your country is big doesn’t mean it’s more important than every separate country we have here. We’re all different, speak different languages etc etc. I’m English & I for sure will not be considering assen as a home mxon because it’s in the same continent as me, such dumb logic man.
8/9/2019 7:35am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 7:35am
biscuit11 wrote:
I beg you to come to assen & experience a european MXON, i guarantee your opinion of Europe would change completely.
brapgod69
8/9/2019 7:38am
The MXON is an awesome race, but manufacturers just aren’t willing to spend that much money on “bragging rights.” Prices of everything have gone up and motorcycles sales are down (correct me if I’m wrong). I’m as patriotic as they come, but it just doesn’t make too much sense financially.

The one thing I do find weird is that it’s just American based riders making this decision on not wanting to race. The race is very important for the Europeans, but it seems Americans are already focused on preparing for SX.

Maybe if there was a large purse for the top 3 teams then that would be more of an incentive? Shouldn’t need an incentive to represent your country but maybe it would help. Ask yourself, if you’re an American based rider, are you going to MXON or preparing for Monster Cups $1 million.
8/9/2019 7:52am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 7:53am
Event was never about money. When you have manufactures and racers putting a money race before an opportunity to represent your country, that's big time loser material. I bet Jeff Ward agrees, too.
8/9/2019 7:55am
Event was never about money. When you have manufactures and racers putting a money race before an opportunity to represent your country, that's big time loser...
Event was never about money. When you have manufactures and racers putting a money race before an opportunity to represent your country, that's big time loser material. I bet Jeff Ward agrees, too.
I wonder if you can get Luongo to agree to terms that prove the event isn't about money.

Post a reply to: An unpopular opinion about "An unpopular opinion about MXoN"

The Latest