An end to all the questions why Bell stayed on the ground

2/17/2013 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2013 9:58am
|
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
2/17/2013 7:48pm
Thanking "everyone" for their support (like he should).

I guess he has not been reading all the Vitard comments, full of know it all medical professional couch doctors who know everything....

The Shop

2/17/2013 7:56pm
Of course they do, it was on TV.
Har, It was on the inner nets too. It has to be true.Grinning

HuskyEd
2/17/2013 8:29pm
Don't know about the rest of you, but anytime I or anyone I've been around have had the wind knocked out of me/them laying on the ground motionless was not happening. Squirming on the ground and doing everything possible to get a breath of air was what was happening.Dry
2/17/2013 8:32pm
If he's your buddy tell him it's probably best he keeps his mouth shut...a lot of us were 18 once.
Crush
2/17/2013 8:43pm
But did he finally get the start...

in Unadilla...
pilotdude
2/17/2013 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2013 8:56pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Don't know about the rest of you, but anytime I or anyone I've been around have had the wind knocked out of me/them laying on the...
Don't know about the rest of you, but anytime I or anyone I've been around have had the wind knocked out of me/them laying on the ground motionless was not happening. Squirming on the ground and doing everything possible to get a breath of air was what was happening.Dry
I've experienced both the "I'm going to lie here and see if I can feel all my fingers and toes" and the "knocked the wind out me bigtime" feeling. In neither situation did I lie motionless on the ground, though I did watch a bunch of other 250 2 strokes jump over me on my back while I wiggled my fingers and toes. (Washougal high point race 1998) In the "wind knocked out" scenario (Washougal Amateur National 2011) I flopped like fish out of water trying to get my breath.

In all the cases where I've seen someone has been knocked out, be it moto, football, boxing, etc. it looked very, very much like Bell looked after that crash. That what Wilson thought, that's what Matthes said, in addition to a hell of a lot of other people. For what it's worth, the 30+ year ER doc who was sitting next to me watching the race turned to me when he saw it and said, "That kid is lights out."
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
2/17/2013 8:58pm
I have actually hit the ground so hard before it truly shocked my system......I could not breath or move for a couple of moments......not saying that's what happened, but , totally possible.
TerryK
2/17/2013 8:58pm
pilotdude wrote:
I've experienced both the "I'm going to lie here and see if I can feel all my fingers and toes" and the "knocked the wind out...
I've experienced both the "I'm going to lie here and see if I can feel all my fingers and toes" and the "knocked the wind out me bigtime" feeling. In neither situation did I lie motionless on the ground, though I did watch a bunch of other 250 2 strokes jump over me on my back while I wiggled my fingers and toes. (Washougal high point race 1998) In the "wind knocked out" scenario (Washougal Amateur National 2011) I flopped like fish out of water trying to get my breath.

In all the cases where I've seen someone has been knocked out, be it moto, football, boxing, etc. it looked very, very much like Bell looked after that crash. That what Wilson thought, that's what Matthes said, in addition to a hell of a lot of other people. For what it's worth, the 30+ year ER doc who was sitting next to me watching the race turned to me when he saw it and said, "That kid is lights out."
This^^^^
fader418
2/17/2013 9:30pm
I'm sure all of the vitards have crashed in a similiar way. So everyone can relate.....
BDOG
2/18/2013 6:59am
HuskyEd wrote:
Don't know about the rest of you, but anytime I or anyone I've been around have had the wind knocked out of me/them laying on the...
pilotdude wrote:
I've experienced both the "I'm going to lie here and see if I can feel all my fingers and toes" and the "knocked the wind out...

This. If he couldn't breath he would of been flailing about
lappedrider
2/18/2013 7:04am
Or maybe he was aware that if he had broken his back he should not move at all. So lay still while taking internal inventory. We just don't know. Maybe he was yelling the whole time, we just don't know.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/18/2013 7:07am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2013 7:13am
If he's your buddy tell him it's probably best he keeps his mouth shut...a lot of us were 18 once.
Why is it best the rider involved in the crash keep his mouth shut?

Everyone is a liar? Zach Bell, Bodnar and Eddie C.

All because of what you saw on TV. It is one big epic fail on the medical team, Zach and his team because all the professionals involved didn't see what we saw on TV.

Amazing.
jbomx363
2/18/2013 7:21am
Regis wrote:
Why is it best the rider involved in the crash keep his mouth shut? Everyone is a liar? Zach Bell, Bodnar and Eddie C. All because...
Why is it best the rider involved in the crash keep his mouth shut?

Everyone is a liar? Zach Bell, Bodnar and Eddie C.

All because of what you saw on TV. It is one big epic fail on the medical team, Zach and his team because all the professionals involved didn't see what we saw on TV.

Amazing.
Yeup.. amazing people can't accept what was written by the person involved.
mellonhs
2/18/2013 7:29am
If you crash on the landing of a jump or anywhere on a jump... What's ur instinct? To lay there or atleast turn and see if anyone is gonna come crashing down on you? And like previously stated... I've had the wind knocked out of me and I was like a fish out of water trying to breathe...

Now... I've been knocked out twice and choked out 3 times (when we were kids we thought it was cool to stand against a wall with our hands in the air while a buddy choked us out) but the knocked out came in a rhythm section at tunnel hill mx in 2010 when I first started riding... When having another jump immediately after one was the scariest thing on the track... Needless to say there was a kid on an 85 learning just as I was and his dad was making him just do the rhythm section... So I sat and watched and the kid could double through easily within an hr. So later I decided I would do what that kid was doing. With the encouragement of some "a" riders I did... Finally could double through and when I first did it it was like man why didn't I try this earlier? Lol then I saw my buddy double triple single.... Haha so that thought process happened again... Forgot I had a rear brake and down for the count I went... Woke up about a min later and couldn't remember anything after getting to the track for about 5 mins and then it all came back... But the guy that ran to me first said he thought I was dead cuz he had nvr seen a guy knocked out and he said I was laying ther legs crossed arms all weird for a whole minute while he screamed for me to get up... Lol

So... With that said... I'd say he is trying to cover his ass.
2/18/2013 7:32am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2013 7:33am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/02/17/Screen_shot_2013_02_17_at_10.25.23_PM_814314.png[/img]
Im sure no body told him to say that or anything guys...

Not saying he had a concussion, wasn't fit to race. whatever. But he was knocked the fuck out. If you dont see that your blind.

Another thing, a lot of people dont know how tough this kid is (well they do now). He's rode injured the majority of his amateur career. And the docs don't think he was out? That's because he gave them the story he just put on twitter, he told EVERYONE he didn't get knocked when he did... A lot of immature decisions from him and parents so far in his short pro career.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/18/2013 7:35am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2013 7:36am
mellonhs wrote:
If you crash on the landing of a jump or anywhere on a jump... What's ur instinct? To lay there or atleast turn and see if...
If you crash on the landing of a jump or anywhere on a jump... What's ur instinct? To lay there or atleast turn and see if anyone is gonna come crashing down on you? And like previously stated... I've had the wind knocked out of me and I was like a fish out of water trying to breathe...

Now... I've been knocked out twice and choked out 3 times (when we were kids we thought it was cool to stand against a wall with our hands in the air while a buddy choked us out) but the knocked out came in a rhythm section at tunnel hill mx in 2010 when I first started riding... When having another jump immediately after one was the scariest thing on the track... Needless to say there was a kid on an 85 learning just as I was and his dad was making him just do the rhythm section... So I sat and watched and the kid could double through easily within an hr. So later I decided I would do what that kid was doing. With the encouragement of some "a" riders I did... Finally could double through and when I first did it it was like man why didn't I try this earlier? Lol then I saw my buddy double triple single.... Haha so that thought process happened again... Forgot I had a rear brake and down for the count I went... Woke up about a min later and couldn't remember anything after getting to the track for about 5 mins and then it all came back... But the guy that ran to me first said he thought I was dead cuz he had nvr seen a guy knocked out and he said I was laying ther legs crossed arms all weird for a whole minute while he screamed for me to get up... Lol

Never mind the concussion talk,

lets get back to discussing it being "cool" to put your hands up and let your buddy choke you out as kids. Man, I did some stuff as a kid I thought was "cool" but really wasn't but this one takes the cake.

Did you ever take the 9mm out and shoot apples of your head?

HAHAhAH - just kidding man. Trying to lighten the mood around here.
mellonhs
2/18/2013 7:59am
mellonhs wrote:
If you crash on the landing of a jump or anywhere on a jump... What's ur instinct? To lay there or atleast turn and see if...

Regis wrote:
Never mind the concussion talk, lets get back to discussing it being "cool" to put your hands up and let your buddy choke you out as...

lets get back to discussing it being "cool" to put your hands up and let your buddy choke you out as kids. Man, I did some stuff as a kid I thought was "cool" but really wasn't but this one takes the cake.

Hahaha it wasn't so much a "cool" factor... One day we were all just hanging out and talking about Jon getting choked out in a fight and he was telling us how it felt blah blah... Next thing we knew we were all calling bs and he said let me choke you out you will see... so we googled a safe way to do it.... Haha then we saw were ppl had died doing it and then we had a decision to make...Take the risk or just trust Jon... So we took the risk one after another lol I wasn't first lol it was totally stupid but if anyone says they have nvr been stupid at 14 yrs old is a liar! Lol
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/18/2013 8:02am
mellonhs wrote:

Regis wrote:
Never mind the concussion talk, lets get back to discussing it being "cool" to put your hands up and let your buddy choke you out as...

mellonhs wrote:
Hahaha it wasn't so much a "cool" factor... One day we were all just hanging out and talking about Jon getting choked out in a fight...
Hahaha it wasn't so much a "cool" factor... One day we were all just hanging out and talking about Jon getting choked out in a fight and he was telling us how it felt blah blah... Next thing we knew we were all calling bs and he said let me choke you out you will see... so we googled a safe way to do it.... Haha then we saw were ppl had died doing it and then we had a decision to make...Take the risk or just trust Jon... So we took the risk one after another lol I wasn't first lol it was totally stupid but if anyone says they have nvr been stupid at 14 yrs old is a liar! Lol
Well,

at least you googled it.

You can find out how to do anything on google.

Respect.

GrinningSillyWoohooSmileSmile
hasko158
2/18/2013 8:27am
How does he know? He was concussed lol
2/18/2013 8:47am
Zach is a good buddy of mine and he's crashed a lot in his career. I think he's the one who fell and I think he's the one who knows what HE did. Just saying.
gpracer36
2/18/2013 8:59am
he was out like a light when he smacked the ground, plain and simple. We all saw it.

He said what he did so he would be able to race. Now he is in protection mode to cover his ass.

that is all there is to the story.

it's sad to see so many people who saw the same thing and actually believe he was "just laying there while he caught his breath." Really guys? wow. And to think I actually walk around everyday with such retards is a shame and its no surprise the rest of the world laughs at us.
2/18/2013 9:06am
Zach is a good buddy of mine and he's crashed a lot in his career. I think he's the one who fell and I think he's...
Zach is a good buddy of mine and he's crashed a lot in his career. I think he's the one who fell and I think he's the one who knows what HE did. Just saying.
Just stop, it's all looking more pathetic with your continued efforts....the kid is 18 and wanted to race, most 18 year olds entering their first supercross would say the same thing. I don't blame him, he wanted to race...we get it.

But when you have long debates going on the next day it's just too coincidental someone's "mom" gets involved, and then a tweet comes out in thick of it with all too coincidental timing, and then you join the forum to post it, it's just starting to look pathetic. Like someone said above, people saw what they saw, and no 18 year old's tweet or best friends mom is going to convince them otherwise.
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
2/18/2013 9:27am
I been knocked out and still walking around, it's happened 3 times, I have no memory of it, then there's a point where I notice where I am and my memory starts there.....
CamP
2/18/2013 9:58am
I've had a concussion without being knocked out. I got right up and raced for 6 laps in a black out, and still have no recollection of it.

Broken bones and torn ligaments are easy to diagnose. Brain injury is not well understood.

Post a reply to: An end to all the questions why Bell stayed on the ground

The Latest