An amazing Poem for Amanda Woods (Nathan's wife)

Destry
1/31/2011 4:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:06am
http://offroad-journal.com/?p=1895

I just finished reading this and if you're a racer with a wife or close girlfriend this will mean a lot. I thought Brandy did a great job writing this!
|
TeamGreen
1/31/2011 4:23pm
By Brandy Baron

THE RACER’S WIFE

By Brandy Baron In dedication to Amanda Woods.

You know him, but you might not know her.

She stands in his shadow, sometimes even goes unnoticed.

Some don’t understand how she does it, but most don’t realize what she does.

She loved him before he got here. Her heart will be with him when he is not here.

She is, the Racer’s wife.

She is in the crowd, and appears as any other in the stand.

She is more than just the average, ordinary fan.

She has no number on her jersey, but wears it on her heart instead.

She knows every single race, and each lap that he led.

Her stomach turns with the starting rumble.

If you are close, “Lord please keep him safe” you hear her mumble.

Her heart skips a beat each time that he bobbles.

Her head gets light and her stance wobbles.

Watching every turn and jump that she can see.

She counts the seconds that he is gone, and worries where can he be.

She both wins and loses with him, whichever the race outcome may be.

She feels just as much triumph and disappointment as he.

She knows sometimes he falls, gets injured or beat.

She accepts he will be at the next race, and again throw his leg over the seat.

She can not make him stop, and she would never ask him to sit.

It’s really not a choice, and she knows that he just can not quit.

There may come a day when the danger was too high,

She had to leave the track without him, and instead watch him fly.

If this were to happen, it is hard to even imagine her pain,

But her heart is lightened at the thought of what was to gain.

Each one of his friends and even his foe,

Now have an angel above them, wherever they go.

It will never be easy for her to again watch a race,

Without the thought of him on her mind and a tear on her face.

You know him, but you might not know her.

She stands in his shadow, sometimes even goes unnoticed.

Some don’t understand how she does it, but most don’t realize what she does.

She loved him before he got here. Her heart will be with him when he is not here.

She is, the Racer’s wife.

TeamGreen
1/31/2011 4:26pm
Thank you Destry.
1/31/2011 4:31pm
Thats an awesome Poem, great job Brandy Baron, and thanks to Destry for posting it.

The Shop

TeamGreen
2/1/2011 10:12am
I hope some of you have read this and gone home and hugged your wife...

I know I did.
jasonv43
2/1/2011 10:20am
Really, really nice touch. Thanks for sharing.

Ride.In.Peace.

Nathan Woods
BobbyM
2/1/2011 12:22pm
Destry wrote:
http://offroad-journal.com/?p=1895 I just finished reading this and if you're a racer with a wife or close girlfriend this will mean a lot. I thought Brandy did...
http://offroad-journal.com/?p=1895

I just finished reading this and if you're a racer with a wife or close girlfriend this will mean a lot. I thought Brandy did a great job writing this!
wow....just wow.
Cody24
Fantasy
2673rd
2/1/2011 12:24pm
Wayyyyyy cool. Its great to see the moto community helping out. Glad to see it.
500guy
2/1/2011 12:31pm
Excellent Poem, Thanks for posting it.

RIP Nathan Woods
mxb2
2/1/2011 12:34pm
Very Nice! RIP Nathan!, as much as we disagree on this board i think this hits home because he was a rider and a human being! It takes a great man to do what Caselli did on that podium. Prayers to the Woods loved ones and friends!
G-man
2/1/2011 1:31pm
Thanks for posting Destry and to Brandy Baron for the heartfelt poem....

RIP Nathan
jeffro503
2/1/2011 2:52pm
I just printed this poem and put it up on my shop wall. Very , very cool poem. damn , the MX community has had it pretty rough this past couple years. We have lost some great people.
Tbill
2/1/2011 8:42pm
Thanks for posting that Destry.
bmoto816
2/2/2011 12:42am
I felt this photo was perfect for this wonderful poem, it was taken at round 2 last year.
Godspeed Nathan, your in our prayers Amanda!

tatonka
2/2/2011 8:45am
bmoto - that is a great photo to accompany Brandy's poem!
tatonka
2/2/2011 8:46am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2011 8:48am
PR from dgitaloffroad.com.....

Nathan Woods passed away on Friday, January 28, 2011 at the age of 32, from injuries sustained during the open practice session for the first round of the WORCS series in Taft, CA. Nathan is survived by his wife Amanda and their two sons, Nathan Jr. and Braxton.

Woods, with more WORCS’ wins to his name than any other rider in series history as well as two WORCS Championships to his credit, had joined the Carbon Raptor Stillwell Performance Racing for the 2011 season. Since joining the team, Woods had bonded well with his young teammate, Kevin Rookstool, and was very excited and motivated to begin the season with the new team and to help mentor Rookstool throughout the year.

“The entire team is extremely saddened by Nathan’s tragic passing. We were all so excited about this season and the opportunity to work with a great man and champion like Nathan and were confident he would have been a front runner in both the WORCS and EnduroCross series. We will race this season with heavy hearts, but knowing that Nathan will be with us, as demonstrated by Kevin’s amazing 6th overall finish yesterday despite the circumstances,” said Team Owner Alan Stillwell.

“Everyone at the RiderDown Foundation is deeply saddened by the loss of Nathan Woods this past weekend,” said Bruce Vermeulen, President of RiderDown. “He was a great ambassador for our sport and will be missed greatly. We are accepting donations to help the family during this very difficult time and will be sending an initial check from previous fundraising efforts immediately in memory of Nathan. 100% of all donations mentioning the Nathan Woods Memorial Fund will be given directly to the family.” Payments can be made through your PayPal account or with any major credit card with all proceeds going to support Nathan’s family. When submitting your donation please enter into the notes field that it is for the Nathan Woods Memorial Fund. Please visit www.RiderDown.org and their Donate Page at http://www.riderdown.org/..._dsl.php?do=donation to help.

Nathan’s local Templeton, CA Rabobank location has also started a Nathan Woods Memorial Fund and will be accepting donations by check or credit card at any of their locations nationwide with all proceeds going to the Woods family.

Powersport Grafx will be donating #54 Never Forgotten helmet stickers that will be available shortly.

Please stay tuned to www.stillwellperformance.com or their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/...stillwellperformance for more updates and information on how to assist the Woods family.

RiderDown Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping responsible off road motorcyclists and ATV racers who have been injured while riding. Proceeds are used to provide assistance to the riders and their families when faced with medical expenses and related issues. Our Tax-ID for your year-end deduction is: 47-0955896

Carbon Raptor Stillwell Performance Pro Team is supported by:

Carbon Raptor Hard Carbon Coatings, KTM North America, FayMyers.com, Race Tech, Rekluse, Moose Racing, Leo Vince, Fasst Company, RidePG.com, Fastway, IMS, TM Designs, Bolts, Matrix and ?utm_source=vitalmx.com&utm_medium=referral" rel="nofollow" onclick="_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-561000-12']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/outgoing/ThumperTalk.com
']); _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-561000-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/outgoing/ThumperTalk.com
']);" target="_blank">ThumperTalk.com

About Carbon Raptor

Carbon Raptor Coatings and Engineering Services were formed to focus on all levels and types of racing. From extreme suspensions to NASCAR high horsepower engines running on the edge, current customers know the HARD CARBON COATING by CARBON RAPTOR is the solution where excessive wear, galling, and friction cause part failures that traditional protective coatings cannot overcome. Check them out at www.carbonraptor.com.

About Stillwell Performance

Stillwell Performance is the largest Race Tech Performance Center in the USA. Having access to state of the art suspension products, technology and support that when combined with their custom valving specs are sure to create “ultimate suspension” for your ride. Check them out online at ?utm_source=vitalmx.com&utm_medium=referral" rel="nofollow" onclick="_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-561000-12']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/outgoing/www.stillwellperformance.com
']); _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-561000-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/outgoing/www.stillwellperformance.com
']);" target="_blank">www.stillwellperformance.com

Post a reply to: An amazing Poem for Amanda Woods (Nathan's wife)

The Latest