An Aussie wanting to ride in California..

jackson222
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:42pm
I'm 18, finished school last year and I'm heading over to the USA in just over a week to work in a summer camp, I'm then travelling for around a month, and I want to finish my trip with a dream of mine, to ride the best tracks in California.

I'm curious to know if anyone has done one of these trips? The riding trips I mean.

I only know of MX heaven at the moment, but I want to know about all companies, and what they offer. I would be doing it around the start of September.

Cheers, Jackson
|
Jake-247
6/1/2011 2:18am
I've heard of race SoCal. http://www.racesocal.com/

I remember reading in ADB about a few guys going over and I'm 95% certain that was who they went through.

Have fun man Smile Let us know how it goes.
ogdeno
6/1/2011 3:04am
Hope you have a good time mate.
ogdeno
6/1/2011 3:13am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2011 3:15am
Had to say this. My only "riding" experience overseas has been in Bangkok, Thailand. My brother lives there and coming home from bars we would each get a motorcycle taxi and offer a cash prize to the "winner". Dude, we'd be going 100km/h plus through red lights!! I even had my guy t bone my bro and take him out! Seemed fun at the time. It definatley wasn 't smart and our taxi drivers always got good money but I don't suggest it. Man, just thinking how lucky I am to be alive cause that ain't the worst of it. Btw, I understand you're going to the US not Thailand, just thought I'd share it.

The Shop

motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
6/1/2011 6:34am
Damn foreigners, taking American jobs lol make sure you visit Troy Lee and PC
downandup
6/1/2011 8:11am
Whitey wrote:
I have used this Company 3 times.

http://www.motocrossvacation.com/

John has always been pretty good, bikes fairly decent.
Always dislike it when that trailer pulls up at the track. You know a bunch of Euros are going to ride around with no care in the world about the bike they are on, since it's rented, and take people out right and left.
6/1/2011 8:12am
These are the guys to go with www.ride-California.com if you want to ride a good bike.They carry a lot of different brands and there bikes are the latest model not some 2 year bike with 500 hours on it like these other places run.
mxtinter
6/1/2011 1:35pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
Hey Motoxxx599, you are right, all the other rental companies are foregners coming here with dads money.

Motocross Vacations is the original MX rental Company, we created the term MX Vacation.

I was born and raised is So Cal. and rode tracks like Carlsbad, Saddleback and indian dunes before someothers were even born.

We dont run clapped out old bikes, and I don't remeber 320 ridin with us.........

Also, Thanks Whitey for the plug....you just earned yourself a ride. When you coming back to ride with us.

John
MX Vacation.
Whitey
6/1/2011 3:25pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
mxtinter wrote:
Hey Motoxxx599, you are right, all the other rental companies are foregners coming here with dads money. Motocross Vacations is the original MX rental Company, we...
Hey Motoxxx599, you are right, all the other rental companies are foregners coming here with dads money.

Motocross Vacations is the original MX rental Company, we created the term MX Vacation.

I was born and raised is So Cal. and rode tracks like Carlsbad, Saddleback and indian dunes before someothers were even born.

We dont run clapped out old bikes, and I don't remeber 320 ridin with us.........

Also, Thanks Whitey for the plug....you just earned yourself a ride. When you coming back to ride with us.

John
MX Vacation.
No worries John, you have always been good to me and my Mates.

Hopefully we will be back within the next 18 months and no doubt we will be organising a ride with you.
Andimers
6/1/2011 3:43pm
I stayed for two weeks at Race SoCal last year. May be going back to them this year again, very cool guys and fun to hang out with. Whatever you choose, hope you have the time of your life, because I know I had !!!!!!!
6/1/2011 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2011 11:34pm
So, you'll be available to ride at the start of September, hey? Well, I understand there's a little motocross get-together happening on Saturday 10 September at Pala Raceway. You're a fellow Aussie, which means you can ride, so just show up and show the locals how it's done - down under style.

Seriously, though, if you get the chance, get to Pala and cheer on the Australian riders in the last round of the Outdoor Nationals in what will hopefully be as much of a cliff-hanger finish as the SX finalé in Vegas was.
mc_124
6/1/2011 11:00pm
jackson222 wrote:
I'm 18, finished school last year and I'm heading over to the USA in just over a week to work in a summer camp, I'm then...
I'm 18, finished school last year and I'm heading over to the USA in just over a week to work in a summer camp, I'm then travelling for around a month, and I want to finish my trip with a dream of mine, to ride the best tracks in California.

I'm curious to know if anyone has done one of these trips? The riding trips I mean.

I only know of MX heaven at the moment, but I want to know about all companies, and what they offer. I would be doing it around the start of September.

Cheers, Jackson
Hey Jackson,

There are many companies that do this in So Cal now,All companies are very similar,best thing to do is email each company
and find out which one can work best for you

Check out California Motocross Holidays also @ www.californiamotocrossholidays.com or email them at cmh_usa@live.com

Also have a facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/MotocrossHolidays

They run full vacation packages so could help you with accommodation,transport as well as a bike.

Hope this helps
JCRF217
6/1/2011 11:03pm
Nothin but foreigners in this thread
jackson222
6/2/2011 4:40am
Well first of all thanks for everyones help and suggestions!

I'm just going to send an email out to all the companies mentioned outlining a basic idea of what I wanna do, hopefully get a few prices etc and go from there. Like I've said, i won't be doing it until September so I have a bit of time up my sleeve to work it out.

And to Antipodean - I will definately be ending my trip by going to Pala for the final round, can't wait to hopefully see Chad bring home a championship!
Shorty
6/2/2011 7:40am
John from MX Vacations is a stand up guy for sure. But the best way to get good customer service out of any of the rental companies. Is to bring a hot foreign girl with you. Preferably one who does not speak english.

Post a reply to: An Aussie wanting to ride in California..

The Latest