Amp MX track closing

level
Edited Date/Time 11/26/2012 6:34am
Never rode there because I don't ride much anymore but heard it was an awesome track. Sucks.

Posted on there Facebook page:

It is with a heavy heart that I write this and something I never imagined I would have to do, but as of Tuesday, November 20th, ampMX has closed its doors. We made a big splash back at the end of 2009 when we first opened and we have rode that wave as it grew for the past few years and I personally have enjoyed meeting all of the riders and families and appreciate all of the support SO MANY of you gave us during our time. I know this is going to be HUGE surprise to most of you and there will be many questions as to why, but unfortunately there are some factors that just can't be explained publicly....and even some that I, myself, do not even know. From me, Matt Shue, and my family, as well as the owner and his family....and all of the folks behind the scenes that made all we did possible; we want to say THANK YOU for a great 3 years and give you all an APOLOGY for leaving what seems to be a large hole in our local MX community now.

The staff and I have tried our best over the past few months to keep this from happening, but as many of you know, the business of running a motocross track is tough. We did not open up for any of our recent practices or races knowing that they would be the last one and I wish we had a chance to enjoy a day of riding at ampMX and shake hands as we bid farewell to what many of you felt was the best track around, but unfortunately, that is not possible and for that, I apologize.
This page will be left up for now, so please feel free to leave your comments and messages. I do not have any plans as of yet or a direction I am personally going, but I am sure I will see you all again at some point at a track and maybe now I will be in my gear a little more often!! Wink

In closing, we want to once again give a BIG THANKS to all of you that have made ampMX possible for as long as it was, from all of our riders to all of you that have worked our events and gave a helping hand in any way. On behalf of me, my family and the whole rest of the ampMX family, we APPRECIATE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW.
|
SunComfort
11/24/2012 9:56am
level wrote:
Never rode there because I don't ride much anymore but heard it was an awesome track. Sucks. Posted on there Facebook page: It is with a...
Never rode there because I don't ride much anymore but heard it was an awesome track. Sucks.

Posted on there Facebook page:

It is with a heavy heart that I write this and something I never imagined I would have to do, but as of Tuesday, November 20th, ampMX has closed its doors. We made a big splash back at the end of 2009 when we first opened and we have rode that wave as it grew for the past few years and I personally have enjoyed meeting all of the riders and families and appreciate all of the support SO MANY of you gave us during our time. I know this is going to be HUGE surprise to most of you and there will be many questions as to why, but unfortunately there are some factors that just can't be explained publicly....and even some that I, myself, do not even know. From me, Matt Shue, and my family, as well as the owner and his family....and all of the folks behind the scenes that made all we did possible; we want to say THANK YOU for a great 3 years and give you all an APOLOGY for leaving what seems to be a large hole in our local MX community now.

The staff and I have tried our best over the past few months to keep this from happening, but as many of you know, the business of running a motocross track is tough. We did not open up for any of our recent practices or races knowing that they would be the last one and I wish we had a chance to enjoy a day of riding at ampMX and shake hands as we bid farewell to what many of you felt was the best track around, but unfortunately, that is not possible and for that, I apologize.
This page will be left up for now, so please feel free to leave your comments and messages. I do not have any plans as of yet or a direction I am personally going, but I am sure I will see you all again at some point at a track and maybe now I will be in my gear a little more often!! Wink

In closing, we want to once again give a BIG THANKS to all of you that have made ampMX possible for as long as it was, from all of our riders to all of you that have worked our events and gave a helping hand in any way. On behalf of me, my family and the whole rest of the ampMX family, we APPRECIATE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW.
Major bummer for many people, heard many great things about AMP
and my buddy swears it some of the best riding ever.
shue's are great people, and i hope they find a new home to
take Amp too! never did get to ride there, wish i would have now.
Hate to hear this, but its all to common in the sport.
ehr400
11/24/2012 10:20am
That fucking sucks. Noahs MX track also closed last week in alabama. AMP wasn't a big favorite of mine but shit, dont want to see mx tracks closing.
nc_mx_kid
11/24/2012 11:33am
Bummer, I never got the chance to ride down there but know of Matt Shue and have always heard nice things. I wish Matt Shue and AMP MX a positive future in whatever direction that is.

MotoX85
11/25/2012 12:17am
We travelled there from Illinois "many" times. My sons favorite track, good thing he is asleep right now, he is gonna be bummed.

The Shop

MotoX85
11/25/2012 12:18am
What is the deal with Noah's, we like that track also.
ehr400
11/25/2012 2:13am
Just said the economy wasn't helping them. More then likely they will stay open at a reduced schedule, which is fine because I always thought when they were open both days every weekend prepping it both days and getting 20 riders to show up wasn't very wise buisness wise.
Drfletcher
11/25/2012 7:39pm
It was a great track - there are no places close to Atlanta
mattmatt300
11/25/2012 7:48pm
Drfletcher wrote:
It was a great track - there are no places close to Atlanta
Bremen is closer than AMP was and Calhoun is open again. AMP was awesome and it's a bummer for sure but moto will go on.
cheers_22
11/26/2012 6:34am
My brother, friends, and I were very saddened by this news this week. We had a trip planned for this weekend.

We ride there a lot and it was one hell of a track. Shue did and excellent job of prepping and always switching it up.

The big table in the front was always awesome. Really gonna miss that.

It was better than all the tracks here in Tennessee. Muddy gives it a run maybe.

Hope Shue still comes to lazy and races, he's a bad dude on a bike.

Post a reply to: Amp MX track closing

The Latest