Americans head to Holland for final Dutch Masters!

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/15/2018 2:06pm
Stewart and Starling lapped?
GODZILLA wrote:
What a surprise.
MXMattii wrote:
There are two Americans who wouldn't get lapped on a real old fashion sand track: Tomac and Barcia. All the others would be lapped just like...
There are two Americans who wouldn't get lapped on a real old fashion sand track: Tomac and Barcia. All the others would be lapped just like Jeffrey lapped everyone except Jeremy Van Horebeek at the MX2 race 1 in Lierop 2012. That kid pisses dutch sand, shits dutch sand, he dreams about riding old fashion sand tracks... Back in 2012, those last minutes of that heat everyone was rooting for him because they hoped to witness history, they hoped that he could lap everyone!
I'm pretty sure he can still manage to do that, even in MXGP
Maybe not this year
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/15/2018 2:08pm
Not an American but Anthony Rodriguez won the second moto in MX2 class.
Against Vlaanderen, Geerts and Covington on a dutch sand track. Surprising
Bearuno
7/15/2018 11:40pm
I didn't know they have equivalency in the Dutch Nationals, but I saw a few 250 2ts in the 250 race.

Great to see common sense in more racing series.

The Shop

roninho
7/16/2018 12:31am
Yeah they introduced it this year. Some guys who do the EMX 300 ride the Nationals on a 250 2T.
Not that many though, interesting to see if more guys make the switch next season.
Bearuno
7/16/2018 1:19am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 1:25am
roninho wrote:
Yeah they introduced it this year. Some guys who do the EMX 300 ride the Nationals on a 250 2T. Not that many though, interesting to...
Yeah they introduced it this year. Some guys who do the EMX 300 ride the Nationals on a 250 2T.
Not that many though, interesting to see if more guys make the switch next season.
It's simply a good thing - Equivalency.

I never expect a whole lot of 2ts when equivalency is set. There will still be far more support on offer for 4t usage from factories, distributors and shops. And, of course, the GPs (and AMA PRO and Feld SX) do set the 'tone' for what you need to be seen to do well on - and that's 4ts.

Hopefully, Equivalency will come sooner, rather than later in GPs. Maybe then DC and Co wouldn't be so influenced by 'others', and they would exit the whole handicap class racing ethos. Heck, I'd love to see DC and Co pre-empt Luongo, and set equivalency before him / Youthstream. But, I think there's slim chance of that.
line-up
7/16/2018 7:34am
crusty_xx wrote:
He did very well in the second indonesian GP as well the weekend before in the MX2 class, fourth first moto and seventh second moto.
Not bad for a rider with no motocross preparation at all and only 5 GP's under his belt. He could be the surprise of the final part of the season.
On MXVICE there is a couple of very interesting interviews with him.
7/19/2018 12:12am
crusty_xx wrote:
That was everything but a Dutch sandtrack. Because of all the crazy vehicles riding that weekend, the track is as hard and flat as it gets. Pretty much impossible to overtake. Romain Febvre even left after qualifiying on saturday, saying it was too dangerous and he wouldn't race on sunday.

Post a reply to: Americans head to Holland for final Dutch Masters!

The Latest