American's going to Assen

SWOHIO GUY
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 11:26am
Might be a little early, starting to put together some plans. Not sure whether it would better to stay in Amsterdam or Bremen? How is the seating? Is it worth to go VIP or just sit with the commoners? Would it be better to rent a car or shuttle there?
|
STLSharky
1/21/2019 12:09pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Might be a little early, starting to put together some plans. Not sure whether it would better to stay in Amsterdam or Bremen? How is the...
Might be a little early, starting to put together some plans. Not sure whether it would better to stay in Amsterdam or Bremen? How is the seating? Is it worth to go VIP or just sit with the commoners? Would it be better to rent a car or shuttle there?
I wanna go can you keep me in loop
BR8ES
1/21/2019 12:15pm
VIP, Amsterdam, train or bus(taxi if needed for local). I can't wait to go.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
1/21/2019 12:19pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Might be a little early, starting to put together some plans. Not sure whether it would better to stay in Amsterdam or Bremen? How is the...
Amsterdam is one of the coolest cities in the world, Stay there.
1/21/2019 12:43pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
agreed.

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
1/21/2019 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 2:53pm
TBH, the VIP at the last two events seemed underwhelming. Other than the warmth and dryness - I wouldn’t think it’s worth the money.... and full disclosure.... I didn’t set foot in either of them.

Me and the wife are going, then doing 4 days in Amsterdam then 2 weeks in Italy. Should be a killer time.
1/21/2019 2:49pm
Sort of interested in this.. and there is plenty of time to make it happen. Flying out of Vegas to Amsterdam and back is anywhere from $950-$1300 as of now. Found a cheap room and would likely be going alone. Probably wouldn't be very smart of me since I've never left the country and also haven't been further than Salt Lake City.. lol. Probably get a poll going on if I'm ever seen again
1/21/2019 3:02pm
crew in michigan thinking about it as well. thinking straight flight into amsterdam then an hour to the track.
1/21/2019 3:14pm
You guy's need to be there to back your team if they have any chance or not of winning. Add in what you're going to see and experience while over in those parts and it will be a trip you'll never forget and probably life changing moment
JRCII
1/21/2019 3:44pm
I stayed in Groningen just to the north of Assen for just about two weeks during the 1984 ISDE, the town and locals were very nice as were the downtown bars from what I can remember.
St Ann More
1/21/2019 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 3:57pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Make Amsterdam part of the trip!

Rent a car.

Stay local to Assen on Saturday. Soak up the atmosphere into the night! Don't waste your time driving from Bremen or Amsterdam to Assen and back both days, you're talking 8+ hours in total man, that's without getting in/out of the track. You'll half that by staying local Saturday night, head to the beer tent and talk moto!

VIP is ok, but save your money, the atmosphere is better with the commoners in any case!

Consider staying in Groningen Sunday night after Assen and checking it out the following day - cool place!
uk125250
1/21/2019 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 11:25am
I don’t think so.
uk125250
1/21/2019 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 11:26am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Your obsession with Tomac is interesting.
I don’t feel the same.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
1/21/2019 5:41pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Not the night.
wheres wally
Fantasy
882nd
1/21/2019 5:58pm
I used to live over there, Groningen is the place to stay during the races, just catch a 15min bus or train to the track. Also camping by the track is unbelievable fun if you wanna go that route too.

Of course while there make sure to visit amsterdam and do the usual tourist stuff.

blaze174
1/21/2019 7:40pm
Thinking of going also just not sure if I will be going myself or with my daughter
Excaliburbmx
1/21/2019 8:55pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
uk125250 wrote:
I don’t feel the same.
You need to get laid. And your hand don’t count.
mxb2
1/21/2019 9:01pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
uk125250 wrote:
I don’t feel the same.
You need to get laid. And your hand don’t count.
Needs to grow up, his act is corny.
BAMX
1/21/2019 9:30pm
Sort of interested in this.. and there is plenty of time to make it happen. Flying out of Vegas to Amsterdam and back is anywhere from...
Sort of interested in this.. and there is plenty of time to make it happen. Flying out of Vegas to Amsterdam and back is anywhere from $950-$1300 as of now. Found a cheap room and would likely be going alone. Probably wouldn't be very smart of me since I've never left the country and also haven't been further than Salt Lake City.. lol. Probably get a poll going on if I'm ever seen again
In my experience, the Netherlands is one of the easiest places for an American to travel in Europe as almost everyone speaks English. Fly into Schipol, stay in Amsterdam and do the tourist stuff. Then, rent a car and stay closer the track the weekend of the race. Driving is easy just brush up on the local laws. I like orbitz for car rental as you can see the actual size car that you are getting. When they say compact, they mean compact.
uk125250
1/21/2019 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 11:27am
mxb2 wrote:
Needs to grow up, his act is corny.
Ok
1/21/2019 10:16pm
Traveling to Europe is awesome and the Netherlands is a pretty cool country to visit, but it is flat, I mean like southern Florida flat!! However, I fear the top Americans don't show up this year though after the poor showing at Red Bud. And, holding a motocross race on a pile of sand in a road racing circuit is a bizarre choice. There are so many cool tracks on the GP circuit, I never heard the back story of how they chose this location? Was it just who would pay Luongo the most money?
Cortami79
1/21/2019 11:52pm
Sort of interested in this.. and there is plenty of time to make it happen. Flying out of Vegas to Amsterdam and back is anywhere from...
You will have fun in Amsterdam WhistlingGrinning No doubt about that
keinz
1/22/2019 2:44am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2019 2:56am
Google it : amsterdam red light area-pictures
Amsterdam def my favorite citySmile Once you are in the NDL, Amsterdam is the must go city
Jimfunn
1/22/2019 3:39am
As above, try & stay Groningen for race weekend if you're not camping at the track. Traffic can be slow and i wouldn't fancy 2-3 hr drive each way from 'dam to the track each day.

the grandstand viewing is really good but even at the GP it's really busy and anywhere undercover is taken all weekend. Not sure how they are going to fit everyone in for MXdN as there isn't really any in-field viewing for GP.
63mark
1/22/2019 3:52am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Why in God's name would you stay like 2 to 2,5hrs of traveling away from the event?
ron36
1/22/2019 6:15am
Amsterdam is beautiful, but Amsterdam does not give you a good picture of the Netherlands. The Netherlands is more than the red-light district and drugs. I would say that you should view more than Amsterdam.
63mark
1/22/2019 6:26am
ron36 wrote:
Amsterdam is beautiful, but Amsterdam does not give you a good picture of the Netherlands. The Netherlands is more than the red-light district and drugs. I...
Amsterdam is beautiful, but Amsterdam does not give you a good picture of the Netherlands. The Netherlands is more than the red-light district and drugs. I would say that you should view more than Amsterdam.
This, when I visited Amsterdam 2 weeks ago with a friend from Mexico. I told her it feels like a foreign city... I suggest staying in Groningen and like someone allready said, rent a car.
BAMX
1/22/2019 6:41am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
63mark wrote:
Why in God's name would you stay like 2 to 2,5hrs of traveling away from the event?
In California, tons of people travel that far each way to work.
63mark
1/22/2019 7:10am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
63mark wrote:
BAMX wrote:
In California, tons of people travel that far each way to work.
So have I in the past. But then you stay there for like 4 days and then go back. 5hrs is a waste of time if not needed. Just find hotel in Assen or Groningen.
steed 2.0
1/22/2019 8:00am
keinz wrote:
Google it : amsterdam red light area-pictures
Amsterdam def my favorite citySmile Once you are in the NDL, Amsterdam is the must go city
Straightforward Amsterdam is overrated it's all based on a myth / stories from the 60’s till the late 90’s…
wilde Amsterdam doesn't exist anymore they cleaned the City like in NYC ( made it more tourist / expet frendly )
Red Light district is blase these days only a handfull of windows left…everything moved to the Hotels,
mainly borderline East European Girls pretty standard around Europe these days…
and Canabis is exepted around the world Amsterdam is no longer the trendsetter. America ( Callifornia / Colorado / Portland ) etc. are more progressive right now.

Post a reply to: American's going to Assen

The Latest