Americans IN for USGP?

flarider
5/16/2010 5:07pm
So what if somebody like Dungey shows up at the GP and beaks his leg? Then what? He misses the AMA season. The championship he's paid...
So what if somebody like Dungey shows up at the GP and beaks his leg? Then what? He misses the AMA season. The championship he's paid to win. I completely understand why the Americans don't want to race. And even if they do, the factory teams aren't going to let them take the risk.
WINNER!!

(let's also not forget all the added expenses that were not pre-budgeted)
LouDog
5/16/2010 6:18pm
LouDog wrote:
Weston Peick
AZ35 wrote:
Sweet! He is blazing fast at GH! Well, blazing fast everywhere but REALLY blazing fast at GH...! Should be a great chance for him to showcase...
Sweet!

He is blazing fast at GH! Well, blazing fast everywhere but REALLY blazing fast at GH...!

Should be a great chance for him to showcase his skills and get some exposure for himself and his team. Are they supporting him for this race or is he on his own?

Best of luck!
He has most of the same sponsors as SX and a few more and looking for more support for expences and parts.
DrSweden
5/16/2010 6:31pm
flarider wrote:
WINNER!!

(let's also not forget all the added expenses that were not pre-budgeted)
Two factors decide. Pride and $. If rider is eager to show his speed and beat some Euros it's worth something for him and maybe his sponsors if the European market consume products his wearing/showing. Still business is prolly not that good there since costs are clearly visible right NOW while benefits are initially on a emotional level only (if he shines).

The sponsors decide this all, not the teams? They should of course calculate this GP event if produces more exposure for their products. The risk factor I would suggest is limited to some percentage that is probably considered but not the dominating factor? If their rider is so damn risky that one extra event might cause him braking a leg, they have already calculated that...

Just saying of course.

Still, I thought we where in this sport for the passion? When did this become all business? For me everything with mx is money loss but emotional gain.

Maybe I'm special? Smile

500guy
5/16/2010 6:37pm
Obviously Sponsor pressure was non existent like was first reported when it came to Americans and the USGP.

it's still going to be a good race

The Shop

Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2010 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:51pm
I just don't want this to slip by-

Weston Peick is in?

Well, I am going to go out on a limb here and say he very well could be the highest finishing American and could be the biggest sleeper to do well. He killed it at GH last years national. Coming from just inside the top 20 to 13-11 moto scores beating the likes of Deitrich.

Loudog - have Weston do 15 starts a day until then. Get the boy a start and go all Brad Lackey on the world! It would be so bad ass and such a great story.
DanDunes818
5/16/2010 7:05pm
Moto Concepts is Kyle Goerke, Vince Friese, Travis Baker. Kyle Chisolm and Ryan Sipes.
flarider wrote:
Matt Goerke

Kyle is his little brother

I knew that..lol I don't know why I typed Kyle. I think I was thinking Kyle Chisolm and typed Kyle Goerke.
5/16/2010 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:51pm
There is a petition going around being signed by people who want to see Nicky Hayden ride the Indy Mile GNC dirt track the night before the USGP (Road race at IMS) on a Ducati. The whole push behind it is a chance for Nicky to complete the Grand Slam . He has won National events in Short Track , TT , Half-Mile , and Road Race.

The Crown jewel would be a mile dirt track win. There has only been about 5 guys in the history of racing to score a win in each discipline. He would go on the record books with the likes of Dick Mann and Kenny Roberts if here were to accomplish this.

No matter how many signatures they get, I somehow doubt that Ducati would risk their star rider by allowing him to compete in a one off Mile DT race, even though it would be a milestone accomplishment for Nicky as a rider.

Too much to lose, and too little to gain.
DanDunes818
5/16/2010 7:13pm
Regis wrote:
I just don't want this to slip by- Weston Peick is in? Well, I am going to go out on a limb here and say he...

Weston Peick is in?

Well, I am going to go out on a limb here and say he very well could be the highest finishing American and could be the biggest sleeper to do well. He killed it at GH last years national. Coming from just inside the top 20 to 13-11 moto scores beating the likes of Deitrich.

Loudog - have Weston do 15 starts a day until then. Get the boy a start and go all Brad Lackey on the world! It would be so bad ass and such a great story.
Peick will probably finish wih similar moto scores to what he had at GH last year in the nationals. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 of the GP's could get a good start and win a moto. There's probably 15 or so GP winners on the line for a GP moto. That's what I love about the GP's. If Pieck finishes inside the top 10 it would be a HUGE accomplishment. It would be a great story too like you said. I'm seriously doubting that with Alessi there that Pieck will be the top scoring American though. I also have a weird feeling that Ryno and Mike Brown may fair better then Pieck too.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/16/2010 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2010 7:22pm
Regis wrote:
I just don't want this to slip by- Weston Peick is in? Well, I am going to go out on a limb here and say he...

Weston Peick is in?

Peick will probably finish wih similar moto scores to what he had at GH last year in the nationals. Pretty much everyone in the top 10...
Peick will probably finish wih similar moto scores to what he had at GH last year in the nationals. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 of the GP's could get a good start and win a moto. There's probably 15 or so GP winners on the line for a GP moto. That's what I love about the GP's. If Pieck finishes inside the top 10 it would be a HUGE accomplishment. It would be a great story too like you said. I'm seriously doubting that with Alessi there that Pieck will be the top scoring American though. I also have a weird feeling that Ryno and Mike Brown may fair better then Pieck too.
we will see in a couple weeks.

I hope you're wrong.
LouDog
5/16/2010 11:00pm
Regis wrote:

Weston Peick is in?

Peick will probably finish wih similar moto scores to what he had at GH last year in the nationals. Pretty much everyone in the top 10...
Ja we will see in a couple of weeks.
LouDog
5/16/2010 11:04pm
Ya we hope to burn a lot of clutches by then we need help on these clutches thue who can help us
DanDunes818
5/16/2010 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:51pm
Regis wrote:

Weston Peick is in?

LouDog wrote:
Ja we will see in a couple of weeks.
No offense Loudog... Just a fan's opinion. Weston has surprised me with his speed more then once before and I wouldn't be upset if he surprised me again. Either way I wish Weston great luck in two weeks. Any American racing for top10's,top 5's, podiums and wins at a GP is a good thing so trust me I'd be ok if Weston makes me wrong.

I just seriously wish there was more top American interest in this race. I understand why they wouldn't race but but just because I understand it doesn't mean I like it. I just have to accept that the sport has changed and the days of racing just because you loved to race is over. Corporate sponsors,agents,TV packages,and 6-7 figure earnings by the top guys have made those days a long gone memory.
LouDog
5/16/2010 11:29pm
Mike D wrote:
Who is in?

Besides RYNO!

I have this vision of Ryno frothing at the mouth like a rabid beast! KILL RYNO KILL!

who else is in?
Its all good just rememeber Westons on his 2nd year as a professional.
Coyote
5/17/2010 6:08pm
Regis wrote:

Weston Peick is in?

Peick beating Ricky D, NFW. As far as prize money is concerned or lack of it, money talks bullshit walks
Mr. Info
5/17/2010 7:14pm
So it comes down to the dollar. Yesterday there were several riders at Glen Helen like Pieck, Reardon and Townley and Rattray, Anstie and Chatfield and all stood a chance to lose income if they got hurt racing the MTA Race but from what I heard from a few I talked to they were there because they love to ride and the race allowed them to get some new settings for the race bike that they can't get in a practice and they made some cash. And they showed how much they love the sport and that has gone away for so many. To get hurt at the USGP would do what. Is it any different than getting hurt at a SX or outdoor. Oh yeah thats what they get paid to do. Wait do they get paid to ride a bike or ride a bike at selected races. I guess we know the answer for some and the others I hope you keep the love of what got you heading toward the top. I hope we have a safe outdoor season and keep down the injuries because we want you back next year doing what you love. Hope to see a few at the USGP.
PressPassP
5/17/2010 8:53pm
Mr. Info wrote:
So it comes down to the dollar. Yesterday there were several riders at Glen Helen like Pieck, Reardon and Townley and Rattray, Anstie and Chatfield and...
So it comes down to the dollar. Yesterday there were several riders at Glen Helen like Pieck, Reardon and Townley and Rattray, Anstie and Chatfield and all stood a chance to lose income if they got hurt racing the MTA Race but from what I heard from a few I talked to they were there because they love to ride and the race allowed them to get some new settings for the race bike that they can't get in a practice and they made some cash. And they showed how much they love the sport and that has gone away for so many. To get hurt at the USGP would do what. Is it any different than getting hurt at a SX or outdoor. Oh yeah thats what they get paid to do. Wait do they get paid to ride a bike or ride a bike at selected races. I guess we know the answer for some and the others I hope you keep the love of what got you heading toward the top. I hope we have a safe outdoor season and keep down the injuries because we want you back next year doing what you love. Hope to see a few at the USGP.
Too right,and not to mention how many guys take a hit while playing on their practice tracks,I'm a little unsure what the future of the event is if only a handfull of US based riders show up,I'm pretty sure that most of the Euros could have done without having to uproot and travel 11 or 12 hours across the pond to do a one off race,but hats of to them,they're doing it,I think it's pi$$ poor that not many AMA riders are taking part,and i also think RC would do it back in the day h
DrSweden
5/17/2010 9:11pm
500guy wrote:
Obviously Sponsor pressure was non existent like was first reported when it came to Americans and the USGP.

it's still going to be a good race
Yes, your are probably right. On top of that I know shit, and business is way to complex, I honestly don't know how I in vane try to bend things to suit my wishes. I feel this USGP could honestly be good for those doing it despite being AMA riders, just like it would be good for Euros riding Hangtown.

Either way, if I where a AMA rider with a shot of winning this event, I would do it for sure despite the loss of cash etc.

Still, hopefully they will have 5 years to enter...
Rizzo
5/17/2010 10:14pm
For the AMA riders, what is the difference between a GP over "there" and a GP here? The only real difference is the travel and the home track advantage. Other than that, it's all the same, they might as well be racing "there." The AMA guys are still required to ride a different bike, they are required to pay entry along with their teams, they are riding a race out of their contracted series and receiving no compensation at all in terms of contengency, bonus, salary etc, yet risking the entire outdoor series. For all we know, they might not be covered under their own insurance plans that many carry. All this in addition to the extra team/sponsor costs and plans.

Many contracted AMA guys stand to risk quite a bit and in times like this, with so few rides, who can blame them. Essentially, their employers are calling the shots and only the big names in the sport would have the pull to make this happen, even if things went bad. Unless you are in rider #00's shoes and planning his future or paying his bills and feeding his family, none really have the right to say what rider #00 should or shouldn't do. Sure, Ryno is doing it, but last I checked, he wasn't making a living racing and now has a thriving business to fall back on and is not risking his career or MX season, pending the outcome of this one event. His burden is much less compared to the rider under contract with years of MX/SX racing ahead and potential earnings ahead of him. Seriously, put your personal wants and beliefs aside and think about things and weigh the risk-reward, it could be a lot greater than many of you think.
5/19/2010 10:43am
EUROPEAN-BASED RIDERS IN THE USGP 450 CLASS :

2. Max Nagl.........................GER...KTM
4. Kevin Strijbos...................BEL...Suz
6. Josh Coppins....................NZL...Apr
8. Gareth Swanepoel.............SoA...Hon
9. Ken De Dycker..................BEL...Yam
10. Anthony Boissiere............FRA...TM
11. Steve Ramon..................BEL...Suz
14. Marc De Reuver...............HOL...Suz
15. Julien Bill........................SWI...Apr
19. David Philippaerts............ITA...Yam
22. Rui Goncalves.................POR...KTM
25. Clement Desalle..............BEL...Suz
38. Yentel Martens................BEL...KTM
39. Davide Guarneri...............ITA...Hon
40. Tanel Leok.......................EST...Hon
52. Matthias Walkner..............AUT...KTM
74. Ivo Steinbergs.................LAT...Hon
75. Kevin Wouts.....................BEL...Kaw
77. Shannon Terreblanche.......SoA...Kaw
90. Sebastien Pourcel.............FRA...Kaw
120. Cedric Soubeyras...........FRA...KTM
121. Xavier Boog....................FRA...Kaw
132. Billy Laninovich..............USA...Apr
222. Antonio Cairoli...............ITA... KTM
331. Nicolas Aubin.................FRA...Kaw
702. Jimmy Albertson............USA...Hon
777. Evgeny Bobryshev.........RUS...Hon
pie8man
5/19/2010 11:46am
What do you do for a living? Do you do it for free... for anyone? Would you risk the ability to support yourself for 2 to 6 months or even longer without some benefit. I would not. I spend whatever I need to do my job and I take the risks that are necessary to make money. There is a reason the MXoN is after the season is over.
pie8man
5/19/2010 11:49am
This is a great opportunity for some of Americas top pro privateers to go make a name for themselves.
500guy
5/19/2010 2:17pm
Any word on a MX2 entry list ?

I want to print the numbers so I know who is who when I get there.
5/19/2010 2:25pm
500guy wrote:

Not yet.
DanDunes818
5/19/2010 2:25pm
500guy wrote:

I would say the top 20-25 in pts will there.

1 1 Musquin, M. FRA 218 25-25 25-25 13-16 25-25 14-25 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2 94 Roczen, Ken GER 192 22-22 22-20 22-22 22-15 25-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
3 111 Herlings, J. NED 184 15-20 15-22 25-25 20-22 20-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4 183 Frossard, S. FRA 165 20-18 20-11 18-20 10-16 22-10 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5 11 Simpson, Shaun GBR 138 14-12 14-13 20-14 18-0 15-18 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
6 23 Tonus, Arnaud SUI 130 18-16 10-18 16-12 12-14 8-6 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
7 89 van Horebeek, J. BEL 128 16-15 18-3 10-18 3-18 13-14 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
8 338 Osborne, Zach USA 123 13-14 16-16 11-8 16-20 9-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
9 34 Roelants, Joel BEL 118 12-0 13-0 14-15 13-13 16-22 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
10 151 Kullas, Harri FIN 109 10-9 12-8 12-10 14-8 11-15 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
11 45 Nicholls, Jake GBR 104 11-13 8-15 1-11 5-12 12-16 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
12 430 Charlier, C. FRA 81 7-11 0-14 15-13 15-6 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
13 335 Verbruggen, D. BEL 79 9-2 7-12 8-9 2-11 7-12 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
14 77 Lupino, A. ITA 70 5-6 9-4 0-7 4-10 5-20 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
15 91 Karro, Matiss LAT 53 1-1 5-9 0-6 11-7 6-7 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
16 35 Larsen, N. DEN 45 3-7 3-0 7-1 9-4 3-8 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
17 37 Teillet, V. FRA 38 0-0 6-0 - - 0-9 10-13 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18 21 Paulin, G. FRA 29 - - - - - - - - 18-11 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
19 119 Pocock, Mel GBR 29 6-3 4-0 5-0 8-3 0-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
20 19 Smitka, Petr CZE 29 0-4 0-7 6-3 6-1 2-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
21 75 Triest, Nick BEL 22 8-10 0-0 0-0 0-0 4-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
22 202 Larrieu, Loic FRA 16 - - - - 9-5 0-2 0-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
23 300 Tonkov, A. RUS 15 0-0 - - 4-0 7-0 0-4 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
24 71 Butron, F. ESP 14 0-0 2-10 2-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
25 27 Schiffer, M. GER 11 0-0 11-0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5/19/2010 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2010 2:28pm
Charlier, Larsen, Triest, Tonkov and Schiffer, certainly not.

Post a reply to: Americans IN for USGP?

The Latest