Americans IN for USGP?

Mike D
5/15/2010 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:06pm
Who is in?

Besides RYNO!

I have this vision of Ryno frothing at the mouth like a rabid beast! KILL RYNO KILL!

who else is in?
|
DanDunes818
5/15/2010 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:50pm
BT101 is in.. The whole DNA shred stix yamaha team of Davalos,Tickle and Anstie. Also Searle ,Ratray, Mike Brown Grant Langston and Mike Alessi are in. At least that was what was confirmed over at MXLarge.com.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/15/2010 11:03pm
The DNA Shred Stix / Star Racing / Yamaha crew will also be supporting Zach Osborne and his team.
slomoto
5/15/2010 11:25pm
it all depends on how many euros show up, if 40 of them show up no one will get to ride
IceMan446
5/16/2010 12:20am
slomoto wrote:
it all depends on how many euros show up, if 40 of them show up no one will get to ride
Hahahaha.....you are comedy dude!

The Shop

hoppsan
5/16/2010 12:48am
slomoto wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
He wasn't bagging on AMA riders, the GP have a fixed set of riders (or rather a fixed set of teams with a fixed set of gates available to them). Other, "local" riders are allowed in when gates are left empty.

I'm not 100% sure this is exactly how it works, but I believe that's the gist of it. In either case he wasn't trying to say that AMA riders couldn't qualify among GP riders if that was the way to get in.
5/16/2010 1:35am
BT101 is in.. The whole DNA shred stix yamaha team of Davalos,Tickle and Anstie. Also Searle ,Ratray, Mike Brown Grant Langston and Mike Alessi are in...
BT101 is in.. The whole DNA shred stix yamaha team of Davalos,Tickle and Anstie. Also Searle ,Ratray, Mike Brown Grant Langston and Mike Alessi are in. At least that was what was confirmed over at MXLarge.com.
Wey and Dietrich too ...
LouDog
5/16/2010 5:57am
Weston Peick
Robgvx
5/16/2010 11:03am
slomoto wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
hoppsan wrote:
He wasn't bagging on AMA riders, the GP have a fixed set of riders (or rather a fixed set of teams with a fixed set of...
He wasn't bagging on AMA riders, the GP have a fixed set of riders (or rather a fixed set of teams with a fixed set of gates available to them). Other, "local" riders are allowed in when gates are left empty.

I'm not 100% sure this is exactly how it works, but I believe that's the gist of it. In either case he wasn't trying to say that AMA riders couldn't qualify among GP riders if that was the way to get in.
It's only a fixed set of riders/teams in Luongo's utopian vision. In reality they never get 40 riders who can afford to race a GP. If you have the cash there's a space on the gate for even a novice.
mac3-d
5/16/2010 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:51pm
IceMan446 wrote:
hoppsan wrote:
He wasn't bagging on AMA riders, the GP have a fixed set of riders (or rather a fixed set of teams with a fixed set of...

Robgvx wrote:
It's only a fixed set of riders/teams in Luongo's utopian vision. In reality they never get 40 riders who can afford to race a GP. If...
It's only a fixed set of riders/teams in Luongo's utopian vision. In reality they never get 40 riders who can afford to race a GP. If you have the cash there's a space on the gate for even a novice.
thought it was whoever enters & then qualifies through the saturday qualifiers ?
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
5/16/2010 12:24pm
BT101 is in.. The whole DNA shred stix yamaha team of Davalos,Tickle and Anstie. Also Searle ,Ratray, Mike Brown Grant Langston and Mike Alessi are in...
BT101 is a Kiwi, Anstie Searle are BRits, Rattray and Langston are Saffa's, not many US born guys are signing up, and the most the ones that are have raced in Europe before,

seems to be not much interest from the riders with out a connection to the GP tour, its a shame but i can understand why they would not do an extra race for free
5/16/2010 12:36pm
hoppsan wrote:

Robgvx wrote:
It's only a fixed set of riders/teams in Luongo's utopian vision. In reality they never get 40 riders who can afford to race a GP. If...
mac3-d wrote:
thought it was whoever enters & then qualifies through the saturday qualifiers ?
What qualifiers?

You pay, you race.

All that stuff on Saturday is for gate pick.
pmcc
5/16/2010 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2010 1:23pm
mac3-d wrote:
no mac3-d everyone entered get into the main race as loungo has limited the entries now... bet you wish it had been like that at Killinchy GP Tongue
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
5/16/2010 12:49pm
LouDog wrote:
Weston Peick
Sweet!

He is blazing fast at GH! Well, blazing fast everywhere but REALLY blazing fast at GH...!

Should be a great chance for him to showcase his skills and get some exposure for himself and his team. Are they supporting him for this race or is he on his own?

Best of luck!
line-up
5/16/2010 2:06pm
Dietrich is in.

Jason-
How do you know?
I don't think enduro riders are allowed to race GP's
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
5/16/2010 2:20pm
As it is stated above, Roczen would have raced Hangtown, if the AMA would have let him. He is too young!
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
5/16/2010 2:28pm
is it

You don't get it: If it is a race where the best riders from around the world are racing together, you are riding for your country. Champions are champions and no champion wants to lose, ask Ricky Carmichael. Pride is on the line at these events and every top guys wants to win for himself and his country.

or is it

Because he chose the premiere series where the fastest riders are.

make up your mind will ya, so you rag on the riders that concentrate on the preimiere series in the world?????
IRISH ED
5/16/2010 2:44pm
Mike D wrote:
Who is in?

Besides RYNO!

I have this vision of Ryno frothing at the mouth like a rabid beast! KILL RYNO KILL!

who else is in?
The MotoConcepts Yamaha team is in....
DanDunes818
5/16/2010 3:15pm
IRISH ED wrote:
The MotoConcepts Yamaha team is in....
Riders ?
Moto Concepts is Kyle Goerke, Vince Friese, Travis Baker. Kyle Chisolm and Ryan Sipes.
5/16/2010 3:16pm
Moto Concepts is Kyle Goerke, Vince Friese, Travis Baker. Kyle Chisolm and Ryan Sipes.
I know, but will they all be on the GH gate ???
v1rus99
5/16/2010 3:48pm
All I have to say is this..........

If RC was still racing I would bet my house that he would be on the line to put the Euro's in place...........

The way I look at it is simple..........

The Euro's are in our backyard. They have come to play...... GAME ON.
Masonry
5/16/2010 3:53pm
v1rus99 wrote:
All I have to say is this.......... If RC was still racing I would bet my house that he would be on the line to put...

If RC was still racing I would bet my house that he would be on the line to put the Euro's in place...........

RC cared about the championship he was racing. If he was racing the nationals than he wouldn't be at the GP
flarider
5/16/2010 3:57pm
Matt Goerke

Kyle is his little brother

scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
5/16/2010 3:57pm
v1rus99 wrote:
All I have to say is this.......... If RC was still racing I would bet my house that he would be on the line to put...

when the MXdN fell over in California, did RC line up at the world cup of Motocross? in his back yard as you put it
v1rus99
5/16/2010 4:14pm
scott_nz wrote:
when the MXdN fell over in California, did RC line up at the world cup of Motocross? in his back yard as you put it
True.....

But it would be good to see some American's out there.... All I am interested in is shutting up the idiots which keep bashing the Euros.

If the Americans come out swinging and get spanked on thier own practice track.... Then it would keep the 'tards quite for about 2 seconds.
cpj36
5/16/2010 4:43pm
scott_nz wrote:
v1rus99 wrote:
True..... But it would be good to see some American's out there.... All I am interested in is shutting up the idiots which keep bashing the...
True.....

But it would be good to see some American's out there.... All I am interested in is shutting up the idiots which keep bashing the Euros.

If the Americans come out swinging and get spanked on thier own practice track.... Then it would keep the 'tards quite for about 2 seconds.
They had their chance at Budds
loftyair
5/16/2010 4:44pm
scott_nz wrote:
v1rus99 wrote:
True..... But it would be good to see some American's out there.... All I am interested in is shutting up the idiots which keep bashing the...
True.....

IF, AND. True, but that is a huge if, and. But you must be from 'down under' in a few more ways than one IF you think that is gonna AND happen. ? There's usually a couple guys 'over there' that can hang, but they usually end up here if they go fast enough over there. Then most of them go home, giving there best shot, and coming up short. Very few meet their expectations. Reed, Albee, Langston, DV, Tortelli, Pourcel. At least we can't say ' I can count them on one hand!'. Is JMB the only one who hasn't actually become an 'american'?
LastCall211
5/16/2010 4:54pm
So what if somebody like Dungey shows up at the GP and beaks his leg? Then what? He misses the AMA season. The championship he's paid to win. I completely understand why the Americans don't want to race. And even if they do, the factory teams aren't going to let them take the risk.
Original 44
5/16/2010 5:03pm
I think that the ones getting screwed are the fans. It would be great to see the best riders of both series racing against each other at both races.AngryAngryAngry

Post a reply to: Americans IN for USGP?

The Latest