Americans IN for USGP?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2010 10:43 PM

Who is in?

Besides RYNO!

I have this vision of Ryno frothing at the mouth like a rabid beast! KILL RYNO KILL!

who else is in?

|

5/15/2010 10:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 10:50 PM

BT101 is in.. The whole DNA shred stix yamaha team of Davalos,Tickle and Anstie. Also Searle ,Ratray, Mike Brown Grant Langston and Mike Alessi are in. At least that was what was confirmed over at MXLarge.com.

|

5/15/2010 11:03 PM

The DNA Shred Stix / Star Racing / Yamaha crew will also be supporting Zach Osborne and his team.

|

5/15/2010 11:25 PM

it all depends on how many euros show up, if 40 of them show up no one will get to ride

|

5/16/2010 12:20 AM

slomoto wrote:

it all depends on how many euros show up, if 40 of them show up no one will get to ride

Hahahaha.....you are comedy dude!

|

5/16/2010 12:48 AM

slomoto wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

He wasn't bagging on AMA riders, the GP have a fixed set of riders (or rather a fixed set of teams with a fixed set of gates available to them). Other, "local" riders are allowed in when gates are left empty.

I'm not 100% sure this is exactly how it works, but I believe that's the gist of it. In either case he wasn't trying to say that AMA riders couldn't qualify among GP riders if that was the way to get in.

|

5/16/2010 1:35 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

BT101 is in.. The whole DNA shred stix yamaha team of Davalos,Tickle and Anstie. Also Searle ,Ratray, Mike Brown Grant Langston and Mike Alessi are in. At least that was what was confirmed over at MXLarge.com.

Wey and Dietrich too ...

|

5/16/2010 5:57 AM

Weston Peick

|

5/16/2010 11:03 AM

slomoto wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

hoppsan wrote:

He wasn't bagging on AMA riders, the GP have a fixed set of riders (or rather a fixed set of teams with a fixed set of gates available to them). Other, "local" riders are allowed in when gates are left empty.

I'm not 100% sure this is exactly how it works, but I believe that's the gist of it. In either case he wasn't trying to say that AMA riders couldn't qualify among GP riders if that was the way to get in.

It's only a fixed set of riders/teams in Luongo's utopian vision. In reality they never get 40 riders who can afford to race a GP. If you have the cash there's a space on the gate for even a novice.

|

5/16/2010 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 10:51 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

hoppsan wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

It's only a fixed set of riders/teams in Luongo's utopian vision. In reality they never get 40 riders who can afford to race a GP. If you have the cash there's a space on the gate for even a novice.

thought it was whoever enters & then qualifies through the saturday qualifiers ?

|

5/16/2010 12:24 PM

DanDunes818 wrote:

BT101 is a Kiwi, Anstie Searle are BRits, Rattray and Langston are Saffa's, not many US born guys are signing up, and the most the ones that are have raced in Europe before,

seems to be not much interest from the riders with out a connection to the GP tour, its a shame but i can understand why they would not do an extra race for free

|

5/16/2010 12:36 PM

hoppsan wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

mac3-d wrote:

thought it was whoever enters & then qualifies through the saturday qualifiers ?

What qualifiers?

You pay, you race.

All that stuff on Saturday is for gate pick.

|

Roger DeCoster, Team Manager: I have to thank Tony and Jeffrey for the riding lessons; you guys were unbelievable.

5/16/2010 12:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2010 1:23 PM

mac3-d wrote:

no mac3-d everyone entered get into the main race as loungo has limited the entries now... bet you wish it had been like that at Killinchy GP Tongue

|

5/16/2010 12:46 PM

It's a shame that our top riders are not in. Both the teams and riders should be ashamed for NOT being there. Props to those Americans who are racing.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

5/16/2010 12:49 PM

LouDog wrote:

Weston Peick

Sweet!

He is blazing fast at GH! Well, blazing fast everywhere but REALLY blazing fast at GH...!

Should be a great chance for him to showcase his skills and get some exposure for himself and his team. Are they supporting him for this race or is he on his own?

Best of luck!

|

5/16/2010 1:09 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

It's a shame that our top riders are not in. Both the teams and riders should be ashamed for NOT being there. Props to those Americans who are racing.

why should they be ashamed? this is a race that was put on at short notice, that pays no price money, or that they will not get any bonus money for, it is not the des Nations, they are not racing for there country here

|

5/16/2010 1:12 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

why should they be ashamed? this is a race that was put on at short notice, that pays no price money, or that they will not get any bonus money for, it is not the des Nations, they are not racing for there country here

It's not all about money. They should be ashamed for not showing up to win and beat riders from around the world.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

5/16/2010 1:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2010 1:50 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

It's not all about money. They should be ashamed for not showing up to win and beat riders from around the world.

Really? What's the incentive to show up? I'd say scott_nz's post makes a lot more sense.

|

5/16/2010 1:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2010 1:57 PM

scott_nz wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Really? What's the incentive to show up? I'd say scott_nz's post makes a lot more sense.

I already said what the incentive is: To win. Ryan Hughes seems to think it makes sense as well. Ryan said, ""I just don't know what's up with many of America's pro riders today... everyone should be honored to ride for their country!" Honor does have its place, even above $$$ incentives.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

5/16/2010 2:00 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

GuyB wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

I already said what the incentive is: To win. Ryan Hughes seems to think it makes sense as well. Ryan said, ""I just don't know what's up with many of America's pro riders today... everyone should be honored to ride for their country!" Honor does have its place, even above $$$ incentives.

they are not "riding for there country" that is what the MX des Nations is, you get picked to ride for your country, this is a race for the world championship, which the riders based in the states do not really care about

|

5/16/2010 2:01 PM

Dietrich is in.

Jason-

|

5/16/2010 2:04 PM

GuyB wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

they are not "riding for there country" that is what the MX des Nations is, you get picked to ride for your country, this is a race for the world championship, which the riders based in the states do not really care about

You don't get it: If it is a race where the best riders from around the world are racing together, you are riding for your country. Champions are champions and no champion wants to lose, ask Ricky Carmichael. Pride is on the line at these events and every top guys wants to win for himself and his country.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

5/16/2010 2:06 PM

JR Publications wrote:

Dietrich is in.

Jason-

How do you know?
I don't think enduro riders are allowed to race GP's

|

5/16/2010 2:07 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

You don't get it: If it is a race where the best riders from around the world are racing together, you are riding for your country. Champions are champions and no champion wants to lose, ask Ricky Carmichael. Pride is on the line at these events and every top guys wants to win for himself and his country.

STFU. If they raced in the GP it would be for themselves and nobody else.

|

5/16/2010 2:10 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

Ricky never raced a GP for fucks sake,,

|

5/16/2010 2:12 PM

scott_nz wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

RC doesn't fart.

|

5/16/2010 2:16 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

Well, Hangtown is on an off week from the GP's. Why don't Cairoli, Roczen, and the rest all line up there? After all, the best riders in the world are going to be there and is "a race where the best riders from around the world are racing together." They should "race for THEIR country"!

|

5/16/2010 2:20 PM

As it is stated above, Roczen would have raced Hangtown, if the AMA would have let him. He is too young!

|

"Me fail English? That’s unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

5/16/2010 2:24 PM

scott_nz wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

Because he chose the premiere series where the fastest riders are.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

5/16/2010 2:26 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

J. Sloan wrote:

Because he chose the premiere series where the fastest riders are.

Uh... Do you realize what your dumbass was trying to argue in this thread?

|