American media vs MXLarge

MXMattii
Not sure what is it with the America media at the moment, but I’ve had one of the RacerXonline guys (Chase Stello) having a go at me on his social media account last week, because I used some information from wikipedia (who I actually contribute to). Not even sure why, because I never mentioned him, or the site he works for.

Then last night on the pulpmx show, run by RacerXonline reporter, Steve Matthes, another RacerXonline guy, Jason Thomas called mxlarge a communist newspaper. Not sure what he means, but maybe he needs to actually come and read the site sometimes, he might be surprised that everything here is positive, be it American news or European news.

Another media guy from vitalmx, (Michael Lindsey) did say he has read that the USGP and MXoN circuits have been decided, and that mxlarge reported it. He didn’t want to click on the story, because, well, he didn’t want to give me the extra viewer.

Seeing as we spoke to their boss, Davey Coombs and Youthstream president, Giuseppe Luongo about the deal, yes, we had an inside line on this story. Maybe that is what makes them jealous that we actually report news? I have no idea.

Come on guys, the war is over, Youthstream and MXsports are now working together. Enjoy both series, just as I do. Pretty sure I give the American series a lot more coverage than most European sites, and its 99.9% of the time very positive coverage. In fact our coverage from the AMA Supercross is often as good or better than many of the US sites.

I won’t get drawn into any negative comments about these American media guys, because at the end of the day, its not worth it, but they guys, you really need to start acting like adults.

In saying that, all these guys do a great job for the sport in America, but maybe they need to open their eyes that the sport isn’t just in America.

Just so happens DC and I will be sharing a beer at the Valkenswaard GP in a months time, and maybe he can explain why the American media are still so pissed? At least DC has forgotten the past, and like me is positive about the future, for both sides of the Atlantic.

Source: MXLarge - Writen by Geoff Meyer aka MXGeoff
(NOT ME)
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/21/2017 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2017 4:22pm
Fake news. Wink

I think if you check through the forum here, there were plenty of drops about where we expected the upcoming events might be.

ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/21/2017 4:21pm
My post from another thread...

"I gave him credit for breaking the news in an article (even though we all knew) and then responded to JT by saying I just saw the title of his story but didn't click on it (I didn't say I wouldn't give him the click).

Look, he made another US vs GP argument too. We (Vital) stepped up our GP coverage this year and we're stoked on it... JT's comment had nothing to do with GP vs US, it was JT's opinion of his (Geoff's) media outlet...which we chuckled about then moved on from. I don't know how many times me and Steve made fun of each other's ability to be journalists on there last night, at least a few times each...

Maybe I should've accused him of being on drugs like I was (sarcasm alert)..."
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/21/2017 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2017 4:27pm

Start at 2:08:00 if you want to hear what JT and I really said.
MXMattii
3/21/2017 4:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2017 4:39pm
With articles like this, he didn't make himself popular towards guys like Jason Thomas and Steve Mathes I guess.

Last Chance – America
Team USA – Bad losers?

But if he thinks it's his duty to write stuff like that, he shouldn't cry about the tweets and stuff. I mean real journalists don't cry when they work on subjects that are causing lots of opposition.

PS: Yeah GuyB I've reported on our website already that Michael Lindsay said that Gatorback would be very likely to be the GP and MXDN Red Bud and that was on Daytona day. But some people just wanna feel important because they run are Secretary of propaganda (I get the reference to a communistic, you only publish what we confirmed is good, newspaper)

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/21/2017 5:22pm
I'm positive...that I got really tired of Geoff spewing nonsense on here, and that he can't post here any more.
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/21/2017 5:32pm
On the first point.

You really dont see whats wrong with copying and pasting a whole paragraph of text from a source without citation even if it is Wikipedia?

I mean you are writing something for commercial consumption under the guise of a professional reporter/journalist, not just some dude posting on a message board.

Its just bad taste to do at best.
DonM
3/21/2017 5:40pm
MXDouche couldn't stop himself...He just can't keep from fueling the fire and the fact that he is the laughing stock of any legitimate MX media outlet is what fueled his stupid article...and he as always couldn't get the facts right....what a moran....
jemcee
3/21/2017 8:10pm
I don't feel as strongly as others do about Geoff but I had to laugh at this paragraph
"Come on guys, the war is over, Youthstream and MXsports are now working together. Enjoy both series, just as I do. Pretty sure I give the American series a lot more coverage than most European sites, and its 99.9% of the time very positive coverage. In fact our coverage from the AMA Supercross is often as good or better than many of the US sites."

The war is over... I'm better haha
crossrut
3/21/2017 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2017 8:17pm
Marriages typically end in divorce
Can't see this one working
But I hope it does unit us
Crush
3/21/2017 8:20pm
Bro. mxsmalls is like WWII propaganda posters or a fucking incredibly biased PR agency at best...

MX is apparently too sensitive for anyone not to get butt hurt by a real media outlook and mxsmalls is some of the worst.... and his comments about "better" coverage are a laughably good example of it. Fuckin' shame he's Australian, giving us a bad name.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/21/2017 9:27pm

TeamGreen
3/21/2017 10:28pm
Pink Floyd covered this years ago on "Us and Them".
Jefro98
3/22/2017 12:26am
GuyB wrote:
I'm positive...that I got really tired of Geoff spewing nonsense on here, and that he can't post here any more.
Funny thing he doesn't really need to.
He just posts it on his website and people still will be talking about it on here. Laughing
RG1
3/22/2017 2:49am
I like the part where he justifies his copy and paste from Wikipedia by saying that actually contributes to Wikipedia. Like that's something special, anyone can contribute to Wikipedia
HenryA
3/22/2017 3:54am
Drama drama drama Kissing
robkinuk
3/22/2017 5:27am

Geoff Meyer and Jason Thomas getting into it at MXDN Maggiora pressroom back in September!

DC
3/22/2017 5:32am
Damn, I was looking forward to that beer too...

DC
Starcrossed
3/22/2017 6:22am
RG1 wrote:
I like the part where he justifies his copy and paste from Wikipedia by saying that actually contributes to Wikipedia. Like that's something special, anyone can...
I like the part where he justifies his copy and paste from Wikipedia by saying that actually contributes to Wikipedia. Like that's something special, anyone can contribute to Wikipedia
Maybe he means that he contributes a dollar to the annual Wikipedia fund drive, considering the entire site has been "contributed" by one person or another. Two thumbs down from this poster. Dude seems more like a DBXXLarge to me.lol
ehr400
3/22/2017 6:43am
RG1 wrote:
I like the part where he justifies his copy and paste from Wikipedia by saying that actually contributes to Wikipedia. Like that's something special, anyone can...
Maybe he means that he contributes a dollar to the annual Wikipedia fund drive, considering the entire site has been "contributed" by one person or another...
Maybe he means that he contributes a dollar to the annual Wikipedia fund drive, considering the entire site has been "contributed" by one person or another. Two thumbs down from this poster. Dude seems more like a DBXXLarge to me.lol
Yeah he has been a habitual MxLarge ball hugger for a while, also likes to shit on anything from America, our series, anything basically.

Maybe GuyB can make another forum where guys from outside the US can talk shit about our series/country and dutch rudder each other about the comments they make and how much better they are because of their Wikipedia contributions?
motosurf
3/22/2017 7:08am
RG1 wrote:
Maybe he means that he contributes a dollar to the annual Wikipedia fund drive, considering the entire site has been "contributed" by one person or another...
ehr400 wrote:
Yeah he has been a habitual MxLarge ball hugger for a while, also likes to shit on anything from America, our series, anything basically. Maybe GuyB...
Yeah he has been a habitual MxLarge ball hugger for a while, also likes to shit on anything from America, our series, anything basically.

Maybe GuyB can make another forum where guys from outside the US can talk shit about our series/country and dutch rudder each other about the comments they make and how much better they are because of their Wikipedia contributions?
Dutch rudder
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/22/2017 7:32am
DC wrote:
Damn, I was looking forward to that beer too...

DC
Add in a Dr. Pepper for me and I'll tag along... LaughingLaughingLaughing
Starcrossed
3/22/2017 7:41am
From the urban dictionary. Yes, I had to look it up. Grinning

dutch rudder - a dutch rudder is when you put your hand on your dick and have someone else work your arm
HuskyEd
3/22/2017 8:12am
From the urban dictionary. Yes, I had to look it up. :lol: dutch rudder - a dutch rudder is when you put your hand on your...
From the urban dictionary. Yes, I had to look it up. Grinning

dutch rudder - a dutch rudder is when you put your hand on your dick and have someone else work your arm
Gawd damn. Just spit coffee all over my computer screen. Laughing
jeffro503
3/22/2017 8:19am
MXMattii has always come across as a strait up guy on here as far as I'm concerned. But MxGeoff?

Ever since he got clicked from here , 90% of the wars stopped happening , especially before and during the MXoN's time of year. He spewed more BS then anyone else ever on here.

Conversation I had with Geoff , on this site :

Me : He Geoff , why do you hate the American's and our team so much , and do nothing but root against them?

Geoff : Mate , I don't ever , EVER want the Yanks to win at anything!

Real classy dude huh?
ehr400
3/22/2017 8:28am
Disagree, he takes his thinly veiled shots every chance he gets. There are a few others but most are good guys.
jeffro503
3/22/2017 8:50am
ehr400 wrote:
Disagree, he takes his thinly veiled shots every chance he gets. There are a few others but most are good guys.
I guess I never paid close enough attention. What ever he said though , I'm sure it was a walk in the park compared to the crap Geoff used to post here. McCread was pretty terrible but got better. And then that idiot " The source "......Christ I couldn't stand that guy! He could NOT have a civil conversation on here , without slamming the USA in some way , shape or form...no matter what it was.
jeffro503
3/22/2017 9:00am
Another thing that bugged the hell out of me about Geoff was how much he defended the GP's and slammed the American series. What was weird was , he wasn't even from Europe , he was from Australia....which I never met a bad dude from Australia! Weather it be on here or in real life...the Aussie's have always been cool.

You know Geoff is a prick when just about every Aussie on here was telling him to shut up , and most dis-owned the guy. I would have too.
IWreckALot
3/22/2017 9:02am
I miss MXJeoff like I miss a hole in the head. I.E. . . . I don't.

Post a reply to: American media vs MXLarge

The Latest