American Made MX Gear Brand

peltier626
9/24/2018 2:04pm
Hello everyone, my name is Russell Lineman. A friend just told me he saw this thread last night so thanks for whoever shared this and all...
Hello everyone, my name is Russell Lineman. A friend just told me he saw this thread last night so thanks for whoever shared this and all the positive comments. We are vendors at RedBud MXoN so please stop by if you are going, we will have a changing room setup in our tent to try on the gear which is the best way to see just how good it is. I just read through everything and wanted to help answer some questions as well as give you a little info about the gear! I will try to check back here to answer other questions from the thread or you can contact me through our website https://www.ammotocross.com

For the main questions/ concerns I saw:

- Regrading the design (looks) of the gear, we kept it pretty simple for our initial release because we were much more focused on the technical details rather than looks. If you check out our Facebook or Instagram though you can see riding photos and the simple style looks really good on the track. But not to worry if the simple designs aren't your style, we have some really cool colors and styles for both the pants and jerseys coming out before the end of this year.

- Our mesh jersey is super lightweight, like a retro jersey almost. It is very good quality for a mesh fabric but it is not nearly as comfortable or durable as our Pro or Speedy jersey. That's why we have 3 different jersey fabrics and fits, something for everyone. Talk to us about the fit and fabric that is best for your needs.

- These pants have no-liner in them which was not to cut cost but to eliminate those annoying snags that catch on your knee braces or feet when taking off your gear. We actually had to really clean up the sewing to go with no liner but it turned out great.

- Someone mentioned that they don't like tight ankle cuffs, they should be ok because I don't like tight ankle cuffs either!! This ankle cuff is longer, stretchy and tapered to keep your pant secure inside your boot without feeling tight.

- Don't confuse looking basic for looking cheap... moto gear has gotten way too complicated in recent years and we basically trimmed the fat and kept the lean parts you need for a high quality pant. This makes our gear super lightweight too. The fabrics used on our products are very high end and the performance/ fit is hard to beat.

- Someone mentioned Gear Racewear, we actually hired them to screen print the jerseys and our casual shirts. It's a small world!

- Gloves will also be coming soon, we have a final sample complete but we literally had to buy specialized glove equipment from China and setup here to sew them in the USA because no one else is doing it. That has taken a while to get that started but it is all part of the process making every single product in the USA!

Thanks for talking about our gear and spreading the word! It would be awesome to see AM Motocross sales grow and let us create more skilled labor jobs here in our local area. We have already been really happy with our initial sales and that's why we have just started production on our 2nd release! Talking about the gear on forums like this or bench racing at the track is a huge help!

- Russell Lineman
AM Motocross
Thanks for the info and manufacturing in the USA, I will definitely be purchasing some gear, when will the gloves be available?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/24/2018 2:19pm
Hello everyone, my name is Russell Lineman. A friend just told me he saw this thread last night so thanks for whoever shared this and all...
Hello everyone, my name is Russell Lineman. A friend just told me he saw this thread last night so thanks for whoever shared this and all the positive comments. We are vendors at RedBud MXoN so please stop by if you are going, we will have a changing room setup in our tent to try on the gear which is the best way to see just how good it is. I just read through everything and wanted to help answer some questions as well as give you a little info about the gear! I will try to check back here to answer other questions from the thread or you can contact me through our website https://www.ammotocross.com

- Regrading the design (looks) of the gear, we kept it pretty simple for our initial release because we were much more focused on the technical details rather than looks. If you check out our Facebook or Instagram though you can see riding photos and the simple style looks really good on the track. But not to worry if the simple designs aren't your style, we have some really cool colors and styles for both the pants and jerseys coming out before the end of this year.

- Our mesh jersey is super lightweight, like a retro jersey almost. It is very good quality for a mesh fabric but it is not nearly as comfortable or durable as our Pro or Speedy jersey. That's why we have 3 different jersey fabrics and fits, something for everyone. Talk to us about the fit and fabric that is best for your needs.

- These pants have no-liner in them which was not to cut cost but to eliminate those annoying snags that catch on your knee braces or feet when taking off your gear. We actually had to really clean up the sewing to go with no liner but it turned out great.

- Someone mentioned that they don't like tight ankle cuffs, they should be ok because I don't like tight ankle cuffs either!! This ankle cuff is longer, stretchy and tapered to keep your pant secure inside your boot without feeling tight.

- Don't confuse looking basic for looking cheap... moto gear has gotten way too complicated in recent years and we basically trimmed the fat and kept the lean parts you need for a high quality pant. This makes our gear super lightweight too. The fabrics used on our products are very high end and the performance/ fit is hard to beat.

- Someone mentioned Gear Racewear, we actually hired them to screen print the jerseys and our casual shirts. It's a small world!

- Gloves will also be coming soon, we have a final sample complete but we literally had to buy specialized glove equipment from China and setup here to sew them in the USA because no one else is doing it. That has taken a while to get that started but it is all part of the process making every single product in the USA!

Thanks for talking about our gear and spreading the word! It would be awesome to see AM Motocross sales grow and let us create more skilled labor jobs here in our local area. We have already been really happy with our initial sales and that's why we have just started production on our 2nd release! Talking about the gear on forums like this or bench racing at the track is a huge help!

- Russell Lineman
AM Motocross
Gotta tell you, I like your way of doing things by making everything here and by staying reasonably priced! Gear is simple and looks good. I'll be ordering a set in the next few months.

Glove question though... Will you guys be making gloves over XL?
9/24/2018 3:11pm

- Russell Lineman
AM Motocross
A solid kawi green jersey would be so awesome, love the strive to improve
AM_Motocross
9/24/2018 7:06pm
peltier626 wrote:
Thanks for the info and manufacturing in the USA, I will definitely be purchasing some gear, when will the gloves be available?
Appreciate it! We are hoping to have the gloves done in November. We will be selling them by themselves or with a gear combo.

The Shop

AM_Motocross
9/24/2018 7:34pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Gotta tell you, I like your way of doing things by making everything here and by staying reasonably priced! Gear is simple and looks good. I'll...
Gotta tell you, I like your way of doing things by making everything here and by staying reasonably priced! Gear is simple and looks good. I'll be ordering a set in the next few months.

Glove question though... Will you guys be making gloves over XL?
Thanks! At first we are only making size LG because after testing with a number of riders from size MD to 2XL hands, they all could wear a size LG comfortably so at first we decided to just stick with one size while we design more size templates depending on what sizes are in the most demand. It sounds crazy but the fabric we used on top of the glove is extremely stretchy with great recovery and weight. So it can stretch a ton for bigger hands and still be tight on smaller hands. Depending on customer feedback we might make this initial glove a LG/XL and then make a SM/MD & a 2X/3X size soon after. We are very easy going on returns and exchanges, we want people to not be scared to try out the product so when the time comes if the glove doesn't fit you right just let us know ?
AJ565
9/25/2018 6:20am
I just ordered a set. I'll let you guys know about it when it gets here. If all goes well I'll get to ride with it the weekend of the 13th as long as I get it by then.
AM_Motocross
9/25/2018 8:03am
AJ565 wrote:
I just ordered a set. I'll let you guys know about it when it gets here. If all goes well I'll get to ride with it...
I just ordered a set. I'll let you guys know about it when it gets here. If all goes well I'll get to ride with it the weekend of the 13th as long as I get it by then.
Awesome, we are into work now and your jersey is getting the name/ number printed as I type this! In case anyone else is interested I wanted to share feedback on sizing since it is a new product design and from our testing it seems like moto size charts are all over the place! The pants fit a tad looser than TLD but a bit tighter than Fly or Fox pants. For jerseys, our Mesh jersey is cut smaller for less bulk, the Speedy jersey is a relaxed fit like most moto jerseys (a little loose) and our Pro jersey is an athletic fit similar to Fly Lite Hydrogen fit. We want people to try it so we are offering completely free exchanges so don't be scared to try.
AJ565
9/25/2018 11:29am
Awesome, we are into work now and your jersey is getting the name/ number printed as I type this! In case anyone else is interested I...
Awesome, we are into work now and your jersey is getting the name/ number printed as I type this! In case anyone else is interested I wanted to share feedback on sizing since it is a new product design and from our testing it seems like moto size charts are all over the place! The pants fit a tad looser than TLD but a bit tighter than Fly or Fox pants. For jerseys, our Mesh jersey is cut smaller for less bulk, the Speedy jersey is a relaxed fit like most moto jerseys (a little loose) and our Pro jersey is an athletic fit similar to Fly Lite Hydrogen fit. We want people to try it so we are offering completely free exchanges so don't be scared to try.
I already have a tracking number on my order. So far they are pretty quick with things to have it printed and shipped before noon. Props to that.

What TLD pants were these compared to? I have two sets both L/32 and the SE gear is way big and the GP Air gear fits perfect.
AM_Motocross
9/25/2018 5:49pm
AJ565 wrote:
I already have a tracking number on my order. So far they are pretty quick with things to have it printed and shipped before noon. Props...
I already have a tracking number on my order. So far they are pretty quick with things to have it printed and shipped before noon. Props to that.

What TLD pants were these compared to? I have two sets both L/32 and the SE gear is way big and the GP Air gear fits perfect.
The TLD pants I was referencing was the GP/ GP Air Pants that fit similar so these should fit nicely for you. Enjoy the new gear!
BR8ES
9/25/2018 6:47pm
I just ordered a set, looking forward to it!
AJ565
9/25/2018 8:16pm
BR8ES wrote:
What did you go with? I ordered the black pants with the mesh black/red jersey.
BR8ES
9/25/2018 8:20pm
BR8ES wrote:
AJ565 wrote:
I went with the Blue Jersey/Black pants... wasn't looking for more gear, but this thread made it happen and a pleasant surprise to see the US made stuff.
AM_Motocross
9/26/2018 2:15pm
BR8ES wrote:
AJ565 wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
I went with the Blue Jersey/Black pants... wasn't looking for more gear, but this thread made it happen and a pleasant surprise to see the US...
I went with the Blue Jersey/Black pants... wasn't looking for more gear, but this thread made it happen and a pleasant surprise to see the US made stuff.
Good choices guys! Looking forward to hearing your feedback and hopefully seeing some pics of the gear in action. The gear is lightweight but we designed it to take a beating so put it through the ringer!
BR8ES
9/26/2018 3:28pm
AJ565 wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
I went with the Blue Jersey/Black pants... wasn't looking for more gear, but this thread made it happen and a pleasant surprise to see the US...
Good choices guys! Looking forward to hearing your feedback and hopefully seeing some pics of the gear in action. The gear is lightweight but we designed...
Good choices guys! Looking forward to hearing your feedback and hopefully seeing some pics of the gear in action. The gear is lightweight but we designed it to take a beating so put it through the ringer!
Definitely psyched and glad for this thread...High hopes for you guys!
BR8ES
10/3/2018 12:47pm
Just got my Blue Jersey and black pants... feel like nice quality and the pants feel ultra lightweight, think this year will be great in the heat.
AJ565
10/6/2018 2:43pm
Ride report with the new gear. First off the cuffs on the pants aren’t tight so no worries to those of you that mentioned it. The pants are real thin in most places. The knees are on the tight side with my EVS Pro Carbon braces, but nothing I couldn’t deal with. The knee area that wears is a canvas type material that held up well so far. I feel it needs to be a bit thicker though. I did like the Velcro strap to keep them tight and the silicone ribs to keep your jersey tucked in.

The jersey I ordered a large. It fits between a large and medium and I had no problem with it over my alpinestars A1 chest protectior. It’s for sure mesh and you can see through it pretty easy, which also lets dirt in. Overall I’m pretty happy with the gear.
10/6/2018 3:05pm
Dang It wrote:
That is really good news. All of these other gear companies don't like to admit it but they are made in Chinese or Asian sweat shops...
That is really good news. All of these other gear companies don't like to admit it but they are made in Chinese or Asian sweat shops. Low paid employees but massive profits to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to top 10 riders but it comes to the cost to the average rider.
I'd like your sources on this, because I have been to the overseas factories that most of the major brands use, none are 'sweat shops'...I have been to some USA sources for apparel and those were worse.
peltier626
7/1/2020 1:21pm
Just clicked purchase on an AM gear set. Has a revised series pant. I'll give a review once ridden in.
peltier626
9/16/2020 1:52pm
Gear review: Great quality and true to size fitting gear, previously had Answer gear for years. The AM pants fit perfectly and do not slide down or creep. The jersey is a mesh material that breathes well and fitment is spot on. It's lightweight gear that fits true to size and is well constructed here in the US. I have the 100 pro jersey and the 2.0 pant. I have a few rides on the gear so we'll see how they hold up long term. So far so good.
Chaser503
7/8/2021 11:49am
Digging up an old thread. How do the pants hold up, particularly in the knee?
AM_Motocross
7/8/2021 12:05pm
Chaser503 wrote:
Digging up an old thread. How do the pants hold up, particularly in the knee?
Obviously a biased opinion so hopefully a customer that’s had them can chime in but we put a lot of focus on the knee area since knee braces and four stroke pipes are pant killers inside the knees. The privateers we support like Jeremy Hand or Tyler Stepek haven’t wore out a new 2.0 pant yet and they’ve had them for a year so really proud of the durability improvements on our new pants because those guys usually shred through gear!
Chaser503
7/8/2021 12:18pm
Thanks! That's exactly my issue. Knee braces that shred knee panels. Mine are DonJoy and sometimes extend below the knee panel into the stretch material, which is quickly chewed up. Then I periodically forget about the pipe and melt them. Will give these a try!
DL
7/8/2021 1:55pm
crc245 wrote:
Canvas pants produced in Argentina, as mentioned on their website: https://canvasmx.com/product-category/custom-motocross-pants/ Good to see posts like this pop up. Where, how, and with what quality goods...
Canvas pants produced in Argentina, as mentioned on their website:
https://canvasmx.com/product-category/custom-motocross-pants/

Good to see posts like this pop up. Where, how, and with what quality goods are produced matters!
All of Canvas MX products including jerseys, pants pit shirts are made in the USA and have been for the last few years. They've just updated their website and have a lot of new product available. Another interesting thing is that Ryan Villopoto is involved with the company. www.canvasmx.com
ts17
7/8/2021 2:24pm
make1go wrote:
nope youre not okay.. any gear where the brand logo is the main/only graphic is dumb, im not an advertising billboard and they are not paying...
nope youre not okay..

any gear where the brand logo is the main/only graphic is dumb,
im not an advertising billboard and they are not paying me...
langhammx wrote:
Sounds like Canvas MX is right up your alley. Design your own gear with whatever you wish. Also Made in the USA ?? https://canvasmx.com/product/will-ride-beer-jersey/ Good enough...
Sounds like Canvas MX is right up your alley. Design your own gear with whatever you wish. Also Made in the USA ??

https://canvasmx.com/product/will-ride-beer-jersey/

Good enough for Pastrana
https://canvasmx.com/blog/travis-pastrana-2018-mxon-gear/
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Looks like only the jerseys are made in the US. They mention the jerseys being made in Los Angeles but nothing about the pants. I know...
Looks like only the jerseys are made in the US. They mention the jerseys being made in Los Angeles but nothing about the pants.

I know one thing, there's a lot more gear brands to choose from today than there were 10 years ago.
Pant is made in the US.
AJ565
7/8/2021 4:34pm
They hold up well in the knee. They do rip easily in a crash tho. Doesn’t even have to be a bad crash.
7/9/2021 12:15am
I’ve been wearing canvas mx for 4 years now. The quality level has gotten better and better every season, the current pant is legit and has held up for me personally even with möbius knee braces
peltier626
7/9/2021 6:10am
No problems with mine after a few months, I only wear knee guards not braces. Have no crashes to see how they withstand but so far so good. Also for anyone else interested check out New balance, SAS shoes, Keen, Danner, Dearborn Denim, Texas Jeans, Bayside tee shirts, And check out All American Clothing Company for some US made Apparel and Shoes.
Leib61
7/9/2021 10:02am
crc245 wrote:
Canvas pants produced in Argentina, as mentioned on their website: https://canvasmx.com/product-category/custom-motocross-pants/ Good to see posts like this pop up. Where, how, and with what quality goods...
Canvas pants produced in Argentina, as mentioned on their website:
https://canvasmx.com/product-category/custom-motocross-pants/

Good to see posts like this pop up. Where, how, and with what quality goods are produced matters!
Previously our pants were produced in Argentina by our good friends with Radikal.

We have been making our pants in the USA now for about a year and a half and are now 100% made in USA. We just launched an updated pant and jersey along with a new website. Let me know if any questions!

Post a reply to: American Made MX Gear Brand

The Latest