Should America not race MXON?

PRM31
6/20/2019 7:35am
There is no race I get more excited for watching. I hope they can eventually make the timing work better with the nationals. I feel the MEC, money, and every other issue would fade away if the riders were still on the step with their training.
ATKpilot99
6/20/2019 7:36am
Until MX Sports fixes their tracks, USA will continue to lose. The GP tracks have more depth and variety, and are closer to traditional motocross tracks...
Until MX Sports fixes their tracks, USA will continue to lose. The GP tracks have more depth and variety, and are closer to traditional motocross tracks. The USA needs to go, win or lose, and it's a sad commentary on the US motocross scene when riders and teams don't want to go. Back in the day, it was a honor for guys like Bailey, Ward, Johnson and Hannah to go. Hannah and O'Mara even stepped down to the 125 just so they could represent the USA.
Didn't Hannah turn it down in 81 ? I know some riders did because that 81 team that started the streak was considered a "B" team . Then when the ball got rolling everyone wanted to go.
dboivin
6/20/2019 9:16am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 9:18am
dboivin wrote:
everyone thinks this is and US vs. THEM thing. its not. its $$$$. there is no financial advantage for our guys to race it. been like...
everyone thinks this is and US vs. THEM thing. its not. its $$$$. there is no financial advantage for our guys to race it. been like that since the supercross schedule and mx schedule got so long. those series's are just worth more money...riders dont want to risk getting hurt at a NO money race....and substantial costs to show up for teams.

Most on here dont' think its big deal but when u get hurt at race with no financial benefit...and u have to sit out a year or possible shorten a career...thats a big risk when its your main source of income. Smile
Okay I don’t get why some people pull this up and act like every other rider gets a financial benefit from the event but the US...
Okay I don’t get why some people pull this up and act like every other rider gets a financial benefit from the event but the US guys are left out.

Also the cost thing. Sure it costs, maybe a bit more than for some, but I haven’t heard a single Canadian or Australian mention they shouldn’t go because it’s expensive. And like someone mentioned, US is the biggest MX market in the world so it’s hard to believe money would be a real issue. And if it is, someone over there needs to make some calls and take notes from how some smaller countries pull it off. I know their budget isn’t as big, but sure much harder to pull together.
because a lot of riders/nations want to prove something...i.e. winning or placing well. U.S. riders are in lucrative contracts.

of course if you don't have a contract or a smaller contract....going to mxon and doing well will benefit you. But in cases like tomac or any of the other top tier riders (who we want to represent us)....its a lose/lose to them outside of pride in country.

i don't understand how many of you don't see this. *shrugs. pride in country is great but it don't put food on the table.

if you read between the lines thats what mathes or mitch are saying...its gotta be attractive for them wanting to commit such large resources or risk.
DPR250R
6/20/2019 9:28am
dboivin wrote:
because a lot of riders/nations want to prove something...i.e. winning or placing well. U.S. riders are in lucrative contracts. of course if you don't have a...
because a lot of riders/nations want to prove something...i.e. winning or placing well. U.S. riders are in lucrative contracts.

of course if you don't have a contract or a smaller contract....going to mxon and doing well will benefit you. But in cases like tomac or any of the other top tier riders (who we want to represent us)....its a lose/lose to them outside of pride in country.

i don't understand how many of you don't see this. *shrugs. pride in country is great but it don't put food on the table.

if you read between the lines thats what mathes or mitch are saying...its gotta be attractive for them wanting to commit such large resources or risk.
Don’t bother talking sense.

From the other side.... maybe Luongo doesn’t think the US presence has any incremental impact on revenue... therefore he has no incentive to offer anything special to them.

Once again... stop with the for country bullshit. This is a for profit race. It has to make sense for all parties involved.

Would the race go on if Luongo was losing money? Would he subsidize it with earnings from the regular season?

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
6/20/2019 9:39am
MxDN crap again, the US has no luck it seems. We use to get all the luck. It will change and everyone will love it again. We shouldn’t go though and either should any of the fly away teams. GL gets to make boat loads of money well playing off or peoples “pratiatoc duties”. It shouldn’t change for just us, it should for everyone. That’s my issue, 51 weeks out of a year we all hate GL and the one race event a year he probably makes more money than any other and he gets a pass. He puts it in the same three countries over and over so he can get the most money possible. He only cares for his pocket book.
Mr. Afterbar
6/20/2019 9:41am
robkinuk wrote:
Team GB won in 1994 at Roggenburg Switzerland with, Nicoll, Herring and Malin. Do your research before posting fake news again!
Congratulations on your countries one victory in the last 50+ years!
Mr. Afterbar
6/20/2019 9:46am
dboivin wrote:
everyone thinks this is and US vs. THEM thing. its not. its $$$$. there is no financial advantage for our guys to race it. been like...
everyone thinks this is and US vs. THEM thing. its not. its $$$$. there is no financial advantage for our guys to race it. been like that since the supercross schedule and mx schedule got so long. those series's are just worth more money...riders dont want to risk getting hurt at a NO money race....and substantial costs to show up for teams.

Most on here dont' think its big deal but when u get hurt at race with no financial benefit...and u have to sit out a year or possible shorten a career...thats a big risk when its your main source of income. Smile
Okay I don’t get why some people pull this up and act like every other rider gets a financial benefit from the event but the US...
Okay I don’t get why some people pull this up and act like every other rider gets a financial benefit from the event but the US guys are left out.

Also the cost thing. Sure it costs, maybe a bit more than for some, but I haven’t heard a single Canadian or Australian mention they shouldn’t go because it’s expensive. And like someone mentioned, US is the biggest MX market in the world so it’s hard to believe money would be a real issue. And if it is, someone over there needs to make some calls and take notes from how some smaller countries pull it off. I know their budget isn’t as big, but sure much harder to pull together.
According to the podcast being discussed, a lot of the countries federations have big bonuses and funding for MXoN. So yes, there is a difference.
Matthes
6/20/2019 9:47am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 9:50am
It would be interesting to see how many of you guys would agree to spend 10K and go to work for free for four to five weeks all in the name of your country.

I get the flag waving (Go Canada!) and it's a way cool race. I spend my own money to go there for twelve years in a row to report on it. But there are so many things stacked against the USA here that make it tough to go. Win or lose, that doesn't matter but all the things they have to do make it tougher and tougher to win.

Not too mention when they do lose there's a percentage of people that just light them up on social media when they can't overcome all the obstacles and win. Who would want that?

The race doesn't need the USA to be successful but it's not the same. USA has the hammer and should use it a bit to try and ease their costs/burdens.

Don't agree with me? Fine, ask Mitch Payton who was on the show and echoed many of my points.
6/20/2019 9:54am
Matthes wrote:
It would be interesting to see how many of you guys would agree to spend 10K and go to work for free for four to five...
It would be interesting to see how many of you guys would agree to spend 10K and go to work for free for four to five weeks all in the name of your country.

I get the flag waving (Go Canada!) and it's a way cool race. I spend my own money to go there for twelve years in a row to report on it. But there are so many things stacked against the USA here that make it tough to go. Win or lose, that doesn't matter but all the things they have to do make it tougher and tougher to win.

Not too mention when they do lose there's a percentage of people that just light them up on social media when they can't overcome all the obstacles and win. Who would want that?

The race doesn't need the USA to be successful but it's not the same. USA has the hammer and should use it a bit to try and ease their costs/burdens.

Don't agree with me? Fine, ask Mitch Payton who was on the show and echoed many of my points.
Serious question, did Bailey, Lechein, Johnson, Hannah, Ward & all the other guys ride for free back in the day?

I’ve heard podcasts & interviews with these guys & they say it was an honour to ride for their country & to prove they was the best in the world.
Matthes
6/20/2019 9:59am
Serious question, did Bailey, Lechein, Johnson, Hannah, Ward & all the other guys ride for free back in the day? I’ve heard podcasts & interviews with...
Serious question, did Bailey, Lechein, Johnson, Hannah, Ward & all the other guys ride for free back in the day?

I’ve heard podcasts & interviews with these guys & they say it was an honour to ride for their country & to prove they was the best in the world.
Of course they did & ET, Barcia, AP and all the guys now do the same.

That's apples to oranges though. You're not understanding the costs now versus then nor the time put in now versus then. Nor the shit the guys get when all the obstacles in front of them makes it tougher to win than ever before and then when they don't win, a lot of people let them know that they suck.
6/20/2019 10:04am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 10:05am
I like how MXGeoff tries to claim Matthes doesn't support the event despite him going to it every year. Yeah he might get given passes to the event but he sure as hell doesn't get given plane tickets to Latvia or Germany.
Bearuno
6/20/2019 10:07am
Something to realize : The MXDN ( or, the new Acronym of MXON) and the 250cc version, years ago, the TDN, has always been a money maker for some organisation(s).

I despise Luongo, for so many things, but the event was run in front of vast amounts of spectators, well before that bastard got his claws into our sport.

And, to the poster that wrote about about Americans having high paying contracts they put at risk for "patriotism", there's quite a few more riders at the event than just your 3 that put their high dollar contracts and careers at risk, just to represent their countries.

The US team doesn't win for a few years, so now it's not important, and, you need / demand special treatment to represent your Country. You are displaying the same sort of avarice nature that Luongo is so known for. It's just pathetic, and not something I thought I'd ever see coming from such a great peoples. Shameful, shameful stuff.
Natester551v
6/20/2019 10:14am
Serious question, did Bailey, Lechein, Johnson, Hannah, Ward & all the other guys ride for free back in the day? I’ve heard podcasts & interviews with...

Matthes wrote:
Of course they did & ET, Barcia, AP and all the guys now do the same. That's apples to oranges though. You're not understanding the costs...

That's apples to oranges though. You're not understanding the costs now versus then nor the time put in now versus then. Nor the shit the guys get when all the obstacles in front of them makes it tougher to win than ever before and then when they don't win, a lot of people let them know that they suck.
They get paid nothing, disrespected by some (obviously not all) Euro fans and riders ("we smashed the Americans"), and get excoriated by so-called American fans for finishing 8th. I'm sure we'd all like to think a sense of patriotism overrides all that, but that's a bit unfair.

Back in the 80s there was a skill gap between American and GP riders, and our SX series increased the American riders' skillset on the bike. The Euros (and all the other MXGP-based riders) have not only closed that gap with respect to outdoor MX, but they've surpassed us in many ways. Their throttle control, outdoor suspension setup, ability to deal with large variances in terrain and conditions, etc. is a clear result of spending the entire year specializing in one thing.

I hope we go, but I'm not at all opposed to using the leverage we have with YS to get the fat Italian vulture to give us some concessions.
rockyuno
6/20/2019 10:17am
I don’t know any country named “América”, I learnt at school that’s a continent Blink
Natester551v
6/20/2019 10:18am
Bearuno wrote:
Something to realize : The MXDN ( or, the new Acronym of MXON) and the 250cc version, years ago, the TDN, has [i]always[/i] been a money...
Something to realize : The MXDN ( or, the new Acronym of MXON) and the 250cc version, years ago, the TDN, has always been a money maker for some organisation(s).

I despise Luongo, for so many things, but the event was run in front of vast amounts of spectators, well before that bastard got his claws into our sport.

And, to the poster that wrote about about Americans having high paying contracts they put at risk for "patriotism", there's quite a few more riders at the event than just your 3 that put their high dollar contracts and careers at risk, just to represent their countries.

The US team doesn't win for a few years, so now it's not important, and, you need / demand special treatment to represent your Country. You are displaying the same sort of avarice nature that Luongo is so known for. It's just pathetic, and not something I thought I'd ever see coming from such a great peoples. Shameful, shameful stuff.
and the non-AMA based riders aren't supposed to be getting ready for a completely different discipline (supercross).

You last statement is bullshit - no one is asking for special treatment to represent their country. Way to twist the facts around...you should be a CNN contributor.
6/20/2019 10:31am
Below you will find Jeff Ward answer following the H.Lawrence instagram post related to the MXON:

6/20/2019 10:32am
Below you will find Jeff Ward answer following the H.Lawrence instagram post related to the MXON: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/20/355821/s1200_1527ED7C_CE71_47E3_A283_57F33A09382B.jpg[/img]
Below you will find Jeff Ward answer following the H.Lawrence instagram post related to the MXON:

Literally just see this post & was gonna put it up myself.
teamddr
6/20/2019 10:33am
Bearuno wrote:
Something to realize : The MXDN ( or, the new Acronym of MXON) and the 250cc version, years ago, the TDN, has [i]always[/i] been a money...

Well said
I think Eli Tomac is one the worlds top riders and it would be great for anyone attending the biggest race of the year to see him. He’s a millionaire now and 10k is nothing to the guy the same as whatever herlings spent to come to redbud is nothing to him. Some of the excuses is down right laughable.
If the USA give the event a by ball this year and show up for Ernee the following year then I think everyone including USA mx fans will have the real story.
hamncheeze
6/20/2019 10:38am
Matthes wrote:
Of course they did & ET, Barcia, AP and all the guys now do the same. That's apples to oranges though. You're not understanding the costs...

I think for the individual riders this is a big factor. Go to MXoN, do average to poor and get absolutely slammed by the "fans" all over social media and Vital. Look at a guy like Tomac, he only has one option in the fans eyes, go to MXoN and dominate. If he struggles, he sucks. If he stays home it's unpatriotic. Either way he gets absolute shit. If I'm him, no way I go to Assen where I'm sure to get worked by Herlings, Coldendorff (shout out to Daniel Blair), et al.

This speaks to a larger point about Moto fans. WTF is wrong with some of the people on here, and on Instagram?? I see things written on riders' social media that should never be said. Some of it by grown men, a lot of it by teenagers who just want to talk with a big dick. I am equally immersed in professional cycling and I rarely see the same level of vitriol spewed on a rider's social media.
teamddr
6/20/2019 10:51am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 10:53am
Matthes wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:
I think for the individual riders this is a big factor. Go to MXoN, do average to poor and get absolutely slammed by the "fans" all...
I think for the individual riders this is a big factor. Go to MXoN, do average to poor and get absolutely slammed by the "fans" all over social media and Vital. Look at a guy like Tomac, he only has one option in the fans eyes, go to MXoN and dominate. If he struggles, he sucks. If he stays home it's unpatriotic. Either way he gets absolute shit. If I'm him, no way I go to Assen where I'm sure to get worked by Herlings, Coldendorff (shout out to Daniel Blair), et al.

This speaks to a larger point about Moto fans. WTF is wrong with some of the people on here, and on Instagram?? I see things written on riders' social media that should never be said. Some of it by grown men, a lot of it by teenagers who just want to talk with a big dick. I am equally immersed in professional cycling and I rarely see the same level of vitriol spewed on a rider's social media.
None of them should be getting abuse on social media. It’s just not on regardless of results which proves one thing, whatever side of the Atlantic you live you don’t have to look to far for an ignorant idiot.
That’s really not the subject matter here it’s the image of the USA mx fraternity if they won’t go to Assen. If they lose they lose and will have to take some criticism on the chin. Are we really in “everyone should get a trophy” grounds now for grown up guys that have made millions from this.
Bearuno
6/20/2019 11:01am
Bearuno wrote:

and the non-AMA based riders aren't supposed to be getting ready for a completely different discipline (supercross). You last statement is bullshit - no one is...
and the non-AMA based riders aren't supposed to be getting ready for a completely different discipline (supercross).

You last statement is bullshit - no one is asking for special treatment to represent their country. Way to twist the facts around...you should be a CNN contributor.
Your 2nd last statement / sentence is bullshit.

Asking / demanding special treatment is Exactly what is being suggested. Re arranging dates, wanting money that others don't get isn't asking for special treatment?

Getting ready for Supercross is what your riders, and those foreigners that choose to go and compete in it - well, it's their decision.

Why in hell should a decades held International competition in a completely different discipline, be changed for that? Or, The World Championships of Motocross' schedule be changed because of it? For most GP riders, on top of the World Championships, they compete in other National series, and International series and races. They too, have a hellishly difficult and long racing season.

To others here : I've written this before - probably the last few years with the usual "MXDN means nothing and we shouldn't go (since ''we" didn't win)" threads , here and elsewhere: a significant help would be if Monster, who are the title sponsor of the GPs and the MXDN, and who are the "Owners" of the MEC, put that, stand alone race, after the MXDN. I sometimes think their PR department revel in the extra exposure they get, due to the placement of their 'owned' race, and the controversy it generates.
hamncheeze
6/20/2019 11:06am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 11:07am
teamddr wrote:
None of them should be getting abuse on social media. It’s just not on regardless of results which proves one thing, whatever side of the Atlantic...
None of them should be getting abuse on social media. It’s just not on regardless of results which proves one thing, whatever side of the Atlantic you live you don’t have to look to far for an ignorant idiot.
That’s really not the subject matter here it’s the image of the USA mx fraternity if they won’t go to Assen. If they lose they lose and will have to take some criticism on the chin. Are we really in “everyone should get a trophy” grounds now for grown up guys that have made millions from this.
Fair enough. Even though someone like Payton is saying the USA should not go, I can't see them skipping it. Maybe Mitch is also towing the company line (Kawasaki). For team USA, it seems the brands most willing to support effort are Yamaha, KTM, Husky. I know Honda had some complaints about MXoN costs in the past, can't recall if it was with Seely in 2017 or Barcia in 2012/13 or maybe Tomac 2014? But Yamaha supported an all Blu-Cru team in 2015 and never seem to waver on it, and logistically KTM/Husky are well set up in Europe to support the event for team USA. Maybe the solution is just pick the combo of riders and teams that are willing to go and support. If one overlaps here that would give the USA the following options:

250: Cooper, Nichols, Mosiman
450: Webb, Zacho, Anderson, Barcia, AP

Realistically maybe all of those 250 guys are not quite ready except Cooper. Barcia is a proven fighter at MXoN, and honestly he's done his best every time he's been asked to go, but his wrists are effed and one needs surgery so I would list him as extremely doubtful. AP is an unknown, coming back from injury. Logically, the best team of motivated guys who all want to be there and have mfr support would be Webb, Anderson, Osborne with Zacho hopping on the 250. Stamp it.

Like Matthes, I'm Canadian so I don't watch with nationalistic pride (though I'm pumped if we don't end up in the B main). But honestly, MXoN would suck without team USA. Ever since the shocker in 1981 it has really been USA vs the rest of the world in many ways, and nothing stokes the fires better than MXoN speculation.
6/20/2019 11:10am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 11:24am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Not surprising.. Mxlarge is Geoffs site. Not worth reading.
robkinuk wrote:
Are you an Ostrich?, you bury your head in the sand, oblivious to anyone else's idea's or viewpoints?Shocked
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Not at all . In fact I don't think our team would win this event but I'll stop short of saying zero chance. Geoff has always...
Not at all . In fact I don't think our team would win this event but I'll stop short of saying zero chance. Geoff has always had an anti American bias and he just likes to stir the pot. And his site sucks. That's my opinion.
and you probably like Matthes , who is the opposite and always anti euro based ., i mean herlings cheated his iron man race on a illegal bike Laughing ..i mean serious ?? the irony , i like em both for saying what they think , more people should do ... sometimes its good and sometimes its not ... filter is yours

i disagree with Geoff , USA does have a chance at Assen ..its MXON , you still need 3 decent and good finishes and most teams still struggle to get 2 solid riders , Team USA has had and will always be a favorite and have a shot at winning on any track Laughing

would love to see Tomac in Assen , but for team USA it might be better to go with El Hombre , Zacho and BamBam when fit ...dont think there is room for Tomac and his redemption in Assen .. Team result counts
DonM
6/20/2019 11:10am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 11:11am

DonM wrote:
First off I want the US team to go and will be pissed if they don't....but it is very expensive to send a team and your...
First off I want the US team to go and will be pissed if they don't....but it is very expensive to send a team and your argument about Canada and Australia (or any other country) is invalid as they are both low budget borrow bikes maybe bring some suspension teams. If the Aussie rider is US based then the US based team pays to send their factory mechanic and bike over.
Realize this is not a US rider problem but a US factory team/industry issue as they are usually on the hook for sending a minimum of 8-10 US based riders, bikes and support over each year. So yes I believe that the Fat Italian should help more to defer the costs as we are very close to this not only affecting the US team but the French, Australian and German teams as well.
teamddr wrote:
At the expense of repeating myself did Eli’s full blown works USA spec bike look any quicker than tommy searles stock bike (borrowed in the states...
At the expense of repeating myself did Eli’s full blown works USA spec bike look any quicker than tommy searles stock bike (borrowed in the states from memory) that was roosting him for most of the event last year. Searles bike quit but not before Eli’s
Team Ireland flew there bikes and crew over last year and competed with a very small budget and they didn’t get any help from the fat Italian either. It’s the biggest load of BS I ever heard.
And how many riders on team Ireland are full on factory riders that are paid millions to race in their home country??? And you missed the point entirely..
Realize this is not a US rider problem but a US factory team/industry issue as they are usually on the hook for sending a minimum of 8-10 US based riders, bikes and support over each year....
Stop making it an individual rider issue and understand the amounts of money the US teams spend each year to support more than just the US teams but multiple teams for nothing in return from the promoter.
teamddr
6/20/2019 11:17am
DonM wrote:
First off I want the US team to go and will be pissed if they don't....but it is very expensive to send a team and your...
First off I want the US team to go and will be pissed if they don't....but it is very expensive to send a team and your argument about Canada and Australia (or any other country) is invalid as they are both low budget borrow bikes maybe bring some suspension teams. If the Aussie rider is US based then the US based team pays to send their factory mechanic and bike over.
Realize this is not a US rider problem but a US factory team/industry issue as they are usually on the hook for sending a minimum of 8-10 US based riders, bikes and support over each year. So yes I believe that the Fat Italian should help more to defer the costs as we are very close to this not only affecting the US team but the French, Australian and German teams as well.
teamddr wrote:
At the expense of repeating myself did Eli’s full blown works USA spec bike look any quicker than tommy searles stock bike (borrowed in the states...
At the expense of repeating myself did Eli’s full blown works USA spec bike look any quicker than tommy searles stock bike (borrowed in the states from memory) that was roosting him for most of the event last year. Searles bike quit but not before Eli’s
Team Ireland flew there bikes and crew over last year and competed with a very small budget and they didn’t get any help from the fat Italian either. It’s the biggest load of BS I ever heard.
DonM wrote:
And how many riders on team Ireland are full on factory riders that are paid millions to race in their home country??? And you missed the...
And how many riders on team Ireland are full on factory riders that are paid millions to race in their home country??? And you missed the point entirely..
Realize this is not a US rider problem but a US factory team/industry issue as they are usually on the hook for sending a minimum of 8-10 US based riders, bikes and support over each year....
Stop making it an individual rider issue and understand the amounts of money the US teams spend each year to support more than just the US teams but multiple teams for nothing in return from the promoter.
So your agreeing that the USA teams should get some financial assistance that the smaller countries and their riders don’t get because they get paid more for the rest of the year
Gotcha
ATKpilot99
6/20/2019 11:23am
robkinuk wrote:
Are you an Ostrich?, you bury your head in the sand, oblivious to anyone else's idea's or viewpoints?Shocked
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Not at all . In fact I don't think our team would win this event but I'll stop short of saying zero chance. Geoff has always...
Not at all . In fact I don't think our team would win this event but I'll stop short of saying zero chance. Geoff has always had an anti American bias and he just likes to stir the pot. And his site sucks. That's my opinion.
and you probably like Matthes , who is the opposite and always anti euro based ., i mean herlings cheated his iron man race on a...
and you probably like Matthes , who is the opposite and always anti euro based ., i mean herlings cheated his iron man race on a illegal bike Laughing ..i mean serious ?? the irony , i like em both for saying what they think , more people should do ... sometimes its good and sometimes its not ... filter is yours

i disagree with Geoff , USA does have a chance at Assen ..its MXON , you still need 3 decent and good finishes and most teams still struggle to get 2 solid riders , Team USA has had and will always be a favorite and have a shot at winning on any track Laughing

would love to see Tomac in Assen , but for team USA it might be better to go with El Hombre , Zacho and BamBam when fit ...dont think there is room for Tomac and his redemption in Assen .. Team result counts
I actually am not too familiar with Matthes' work other than what I read second hand . I've never listened to a pulp podcast. Nothing against it I just find it difficult sitting through all that.
I have no idea what you're talking about concerning Herling's "cheater" bike. This is the first I've heard of it.
As far as Geoff goes his history and reputation are well known here and I'll leave it at that.
6/20/2019 11:24am
jemcee wrote:
I did this a few years ago but I just did it quickly again, fully trusting google haha I'm only posting the Sundays date 2001- 30...
I did this a few years ago but I just did it quickly again, fully trusting google haha I'm only posting the Sundays date

2001- 30 September
2002- 21 October
2003- 5 October
2004- 3 October
2005- 25 September
2006- 24 September
2007- 23 September
2008- 28 September
2009- 4 October
2010- 26 September
2011- 18 September
2012- 30 September
2013- 29 September
2014- 28 September
2015- 27 September
2016- 25 September
2017- 1 October
2018- 7 October
2019- 29 September
If you don't know and are wondering why the 2002 MXdN wasn't scheduled until 21 October, it was due to be held in USA on 28/29 September until the organisers cancelled it about 10 days before and it was hurridly rescheduled to be held in Spain. Team USA then announced it couldn't send a team there at such short notice.

This is of course in addition to Glen Helen cancelling the MXoN in 2017 which was switched to Matterley Basin.

DonM
6/20/2019 11:32am
teamddr wrote:
DonM wrote:
And how many riders on team Ireland are full on factory riders that are paid millions to race in their home country??? And you missed the...
teamddr wrote:
So your agreeing that the USA teams should get some financial assistance that the smaller countries and their riders don’t get because they get paid more...
So your agreeing that the USA teams should get some financial assistance that the smaller countries and their riders don’t get because they get paid more for the rest of the year
Gotcha
Nope, I think everyone that has to travel from a different continent should have expenses paid by the Fat Italian...but to make that happen it's going to take the US based teams to make a stand...Stop trying to make it into something it's not
teamddr
6/20/2019 11:48am
DonM wrote:
teamddr wrote:
So your agreeing that the USA teams should get some financial assistance that the smaller countries and their riders don’t get because they get paid more...
Gotcha
DonM wrote:
Nope, I think everyone that has to travel from a different continent should have expenses paid by the Fat Italian...but to make that happen it's going...
Nope, I think everyone that has to travel from a different continent should have expenses paid by the Fat Italian...but to make that happen it's going to take the US based teams to make a stand...Stop trying to make it into something it's not
Ok so the fact the no euro team stamped their feet and spat out dummies last year when it was at redbud doesn’t mean we where not being childish it just means you guys are a head of the curve and in true Robin Hood style are trying to pry something from the rich and give to the poor. And you have everyone at heart when your making this monumental stand against the tyranny of the fat Italian.
Gotcha
6/20/2019 11:50am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 11:58am
Matthes wrote:
It would be interesting to see how many of you guys would agree to spend 10K and go to work for free for four to five...

I would not agree to spending 10K, but I'm not wealthy either. Honestly, it's not even fair to ask us regular Joe types that sort of question. Pretty much everyone here will never be offered the chance and it doesn't matter what we think.

Anyway, Steve, I do get your point, and I think you do have a point.

Here's my thoughts. I think it was 1979. I was just finishing up high school. I remember somebody started a campaign to send a U.S. team over. If you donated, you got a pretty cool t-shirt. I think it was MXA (not an MXA shirt, but a shirt that had riders on it and said something about MXON) but could be mistaken as to who sponsored the campaign. It worked. I got a nifty shirt I wish I still had, and we sent a team.

Why don't we try something like that again? With your voice and audience reach backing it, it could be at least a minor success. These days we can be a lot more creative than a t-shirt too. How about largest donor gets interviewed by you? Or prize packs for donations over such and such an amount? Autographed swag? All sorts of ways to get folks involved.

We all (most of us) say, "Send a team!" OK, talk is cheap. Who's willing to put their money where their mouth is? I'll donate for a t-shirt. Actually, if I had a place to donate I'd do it without getting a shirt. This could be easily made to work with today's electronic reach and quick shipping, but it will take someone with a big voice backing it.

Also, wouldn't funding it by us - the people the riders are representing - make it all the more a team thing? Wouldn't such and action take a lot of pressure off the team - not having to deal with monetary issues?

I don't know. Just food for thought. Go head and rip me up with down votes. Lately I've been craving them.

Also, Steve, are you in Jacksonville for this weekends race?

Edited because since I turned about 55 I can't seem to write a sentence without leaving a word out - not to mention post with clarity.

Post a reply to: Should America not race MXON?

The Latest