Should America not race MXON?

Mr. Afterbar
6/28/2019 1:28pm
Pretend someone reversed your message from the American / GP perspective. Same shit. You don't know what Americans think. You just think you do. Team USA...
Pretend someone reversed your message from the American / GP perspective. Same shit. You don't know what Americans think. You just think you do. Team USA is the team that people would like to see lose the most. It's clear as day. Also the winningest country in the history of the event, but somehow nobody cares? Sure.
Ray_MXS wrote:
Except the fact that you guys are telling it like it is. You can't compare America, a country, to the entire fucking world. The American hubris...
Except the fact that you guys are telling it like it is.

You can't compare America, a country, to the entire fucking world. The American hubris is seriously unreal.

I don't like the riders to lose, they are awesome, but I kinda want America to lose because of people like you.
People like me? Grinning You are the person you’re claiming me to be, but on the other side of the “argument”. I’ve literally never said a thing negative about MXGP or it’s riders. Big fan. I don’t even know where you’re from as I am posting from my phone, but I don’t even have to hope you’ll lose, because you will. Only problem I have is with people like you who make blanket statements about an entire Nation when you have no clue what you’re talking about. Carry on hating.
Natester551v
6/28/2019 2:08pm
agn5009 wrote:
If we don’t send a team this year maybe us fans should support the ISDE team a little more. Most of these guys don’t make 1/8th...
If we don’t send a team this year maybe us fans should support the ISDE team a little more. Most of these guys don’t make 1/8th of what the top dogs in SX/MX make. Actually, most, outside of maybe Kaliub Russell, probable make less in a year than what Eli makes winning one race. Yet they’re still going out of passion and love for their country. They’re still going because going and competing in an event representing their country is an extremely high honor. Let’s give these guys and gals more love. You can purchase their ISDE merchandise which in return supports their trip over.

https://racerxonline.com/2019/06/19/ama-announces-2019-isde-teams
Best idea I've heard...
6/28/2019 3:58pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
Well you're both misunderstanding me and conforming what I mean at the same time. You are referring to your [b]American[/b] friends and how and what they...
Well you're both misunderstanding me and conforming what I mean at the same time. You are referring to your American friends and how and what they watch.
If we flip the coin, out of all the moto fans I know here in Europe, very close to 10/10 follow and most of them watch the mxgp series but less than 1/4 of them actually follow the US results a bit and even less than 1/10 actually watch the races.
I get that the US nationals and supercross is the most important for you but for the majority of the world, it just isn't.

Yes, the moto industry is huge in America since it's a lot of people in America that buy bikes, but MXoN isn't for the manufacturers or the industry. It's for the fans, and for the motocross world.
What a bullshit statement right there !

I guess you are from Sweden according to your profile, well let me tell you that Sweden is not the only country in Europe ! Meaning that here in France we follow much more closer the races in USA than the GP so please stop putting us all European in the same bag because you’re deeply wrong.

Here in France we grew up with JMB, Pichon, Roncada, Sorby, Vuillemin and so on all making the move to the US and the new generation now with Musquin and Ferrandis.

Here in France the states is the main deal and their championships are the most prestigious for us ! Maybe it is different in your country but stop speaking for all European please.
Bearuno
6/28/2019 5:40pm
agn5009 wrote:
You’re clearly not understanding what I’m saying. I know France has been better. No denying that. Their team has been amazing. They show up and fight...
You’re clearly not understanding what I’m saying. I know France has been better. No denying that. Their team has been amazing. They show up and fight every year. I’d be willing to bet the majority of MXGP fans pay attention to the American SX and MX series.

I bet not even 1/4 of Moto fans in the USA pay attention to the MXGP series. I have friends who are huge Moto fans. They ride one or two days a week and watch Moto every weekend. But outside of the MXdN, they’ve never watched the GP guys race.

The USA has a market larger than almost every country combined. The interest they get is indisputable.
That your MX/SX 'fan's don't follow the World Championships, is not something to be proud of.

Others, have a far more genuine and involved interest in our sport, and look to more than just their area(s).

Almost continually, here, and on other US websites, I read of how large the Motorcycle sales are in the USA. It, is far, far from being the largest market,

Well, just spend a few minutes on the keyboards you have at your hands, and you'll see how wrong you are. You are below 500, 000 sold a year. You've had a 60% decline in sales in the last 10 years. US sales are much less than the EU = 1.09 Million ( which is not the whole of the 'European' market), and, another example, the Latin American market, at 3.8 Million. Some examples of EU countries sales: Italy had 219,694 sales, France had 177,460, Spain had 159,946, Germany had 156,108, Britain ( still in the EU) had 100,108. Hell, as I've pointed out quite a few times here, Australia, with around 25 million people, has sales of 95,080, ( in a slump) as against the US population of something like 330/340+ million. We in Australia, are but a freckle on the bum of the markets to the north of us, but at just over 5 times our sales, for something like 13 to 14 times our popopulation, the US market is only a few freckles on the main markets of today's, bums.

These figures (2018 figures) are from the latest Issue of AMCN, an Australian bi-weekly magazine ( Vol 68, #25 20 June - 3rd July). In an in-depth article addressing our own current sales 'slump(s)'.

Then, you get into the sales in India, Asia, South East Asia, China - mind boggling, even with a downturn in the Chinese MC market.

Yup, the USA's under 500,000 bike sales is nothing to sneeze at, but it's certainly not the highest sales in the World.

A lot of us that are not belly button gazers, watch a Lot of racing, from throughout the World. If / when manufacturers see the lack of US viewership of say, SX and MX (and blokes like Matthes often say it's buggerall compared to so many other sports), they may well question their level of involvement in US racing. That, to me and, I would think, many others, would be a tragedy, but, Manufacturers will, eventually, go for the biggest ROI. Heck, you should see how popular and full on 'Scooter' racing is in Asia...........

The US Team not going to the MXDN?

A sad thing indeed, if that comes to pass. And, somewhat pathetic.

You've quite few riders that are purported to make pretty good money - just on win bonuses alone. That some may not be willing to reach into their own pockets, for the Honor of representing their Country, is beyond me. I've spent a Lot of my own money on doing so, which I put up a very conservative estimate of, in an earlier post, so I'm not blithely voting with others money, with no personal experience of expense. That you might catch flack from f**kwits when they don't win - largely, your own countrymen - well, that's a risk to deal with. Those said f**kits, should be ashamed of themselves, not the riders, ever.

Have the riders that are willing to race, to, reach into their own pockets to represent their Country if need be, and raise money for the Team to go - like the majority of Countries Teams do, go. Be brave ( there's a line in your National Anthem about The Home Of The Brave) have a go. Don't demand 'assistance' over what anyone else gets to participate, despite you thinking you are all important.

Your Team has as much chance as anyone to win - and they will win again, but only if they participate - on this totally man made track. Hell, your riders compete mainly -SX- on totally man made tracks, and it, Assen, sure as hell isn't a classic, Euro sand track.

The Shop

CPR
6/28/2019 6:12pm
agn5009 wrote:
You’re clearly not understanding what I’m saying. I know France has been better. No denying that. Their team has been amazing. They show up and fight...
You’re clearly not understanding what I’m saying. I know France has been better. No denying that. Their team has been amazing. They show up and fight every year. I’d be willing to bet the majority of MXGP fans pay attention to the American SX and MX series.

I bet not even 1/4 of Moto fans in the USA pay attention to the MXGP series. I have friends who are huge Moto fans. They ride one or two days a week and watch Moto every weekend. But outside of the MXdN, they’ve never watched the GP guys race.

The USA has a market larger than almost every country combined. The interest they get is indisputable.
Bearuno wrote:
That your MX/SX 'fan's don't follow the World Championships, is not something to be proud of. Others, have a far more genuine and involved interest in...
That your MX/SX 'fan's don't follow the World Championships, is not something to be proud of.

Others, have a far more genuine and involved interest in our sport, and look to more than just their area(s).

Almost continually, here, and on other US websites, I read of how large the Motorcycle sales are in the USA. It, is far, far from being the largest market,

Well, just spend a few minutes on the keyboards you have at your hands, and you'll see how wrong you are. You are below 500, 000 sold a year. You've had a 60% decline in sales in the last 10 years. US sales are much less than the EU = 1.09 Million ( which is not the whole of the 'European' market), and, another example, the Latin American market, at 3.8 Million. Some examples of EU countries sales: Italy had 219,694 sales, France had 177,460, Spain had 159,946, Germany had 156,108, Britain ( still in the EU) had 100,108. Hell, as I've pointed out quite a few times here, Australia, with around 25 million people, has sales of 95,080, ( in a slump) as against the US population of something like 330/340+ million. We in Australia, are but a freckle on the bum of the markets to the north of us, but at just over 5 times our sales, for something like 13 to 14 times our popopulation, the US market is only a few freckles on the main markets of today's, bums.

These figures (2018 figures) are from the latest Issue of AMCN, an Australian bi-weekly magazine ( Vol 68, #25 20 June - 3rd July). In an in-depth article addressing our own current sales 'slump(s)'.

Then, you get into the sales in India, Asia, South East Asia, China - mind boggling, even with a downturn in the Chinese MC market.

Yup, the USA's under 500,000 bike sales is nothing to sneeze at, but it's certainly not the highest sales in the World.

A lot of us that are not belly button gazers, watch a Lot of racing, from throughout the World. If / when manufacturers see the lack of US viewership of say, SX and MX (and blokes like Matthes often say it's buggerall compared to so many other sports), they may well question their level of involvement in US racing. That, to me and, I would think, many others, would be a tragedy, but, Manufacturers will, eventually, go for the biggest ROI. Heck, you should see how popular and full on 'Scooter' racing is in Asia...........

The US Team not going to the MXDN?

A sad thing indeed, if that comes to pass. And, somewhat pathetic.

You've quite few riders that are purported to make pretty good money - just on win bonuses alone. That some may not be willing to reach into their own pockets, for the Honor of representing their Country, is beyond me. I've spent a Lot of my own money on doing so, which I put up a very conservative estimate of, in an earlier post, so I'm not blithely voting with others money, with no personal experience of expense. That you might catch flack from f**kwits when they don't win - largely, your own countrymen - well, that's a risk to deal with. Those said f**kits, should be ashamed of themselves, not the riders, ever.

Have the riders that are willing to race, to, reach into their own pockets to represent their Country if need be, and raise money for the Team to go - like the majority of Countries Teams do, go. Be brave ( there's a line in your National Anthem about The Home Of The Brave) have a go. Don't demand 'assistance' over what anyone else gets to participate, despite you thinking you are all important.

Your Team has as much chance as anyone to win - and they will win again, but only if they participate - on this totally man made track. Hell, your riders compete mainly -SX- on totally man made tracks, and it, Assen, sure as hell isn't a classic, Euro sand track.
Well said Bearuno!
If the USA wants to have a tanty and act like a spoilt brat they should take their bat n ball and fuck off home. Shut up and be happy with being king of the backyard.
If Aussie mx had that attitude I'd be embarrassed and ashamed. I can't even begin to understand the 'we shouldn't go' attitude? Why is this even a thing???
Nuffsaid
6/28/2019 6:36pm
Wah wah.. we have lost 7 in a row, we are going to take our ball and go home. Give us a call when it’s in our own playing field
CPR
6/28/2019 6:48pm
Your comment itself proves that the USA is the main attraction. You've already pitted the race as America versus the world, not as America versus Australia...
Your comment itself proves that the USA is the main attraction. You've already pitted the race as America versus the world, not as America versus Australia (how many times has that sorry sac of a team been trounced?), Germany, France, Netherlands, etc.
Hey prizefighter you been punched in the head a few too many times? Few roo's loose in the top paddock?
Of course it's America vs the world, just like it's England vs the world or France vs the world etc. that's why it's called motocross of nations! (Always be MXdN to me though). You never quite know which two or three nations are going to be in the points hunt by the last moto due to the nature of the event. Of course you need to turn up first to be a chance.

And be careful who you pick a fight with- "Australia (how many times has that sorry sac of a team been trounced?) because we'll kick you square in the balls, then we'll see who has a sorry sac!
Ranman68
6/28/2019 6:58pm
Mathes just said the shit he said. From the last several comments in this thread, you'd think the u.s. has thrown a tantrum and is confirmed not racing the mxon. Neither is the case whatsoever. The conclusions people jump to and the stupid shit said is unreal. Nobody "knows" anything on the mxon stuff. Not even close.
6/28/2019 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 7:01pm
agn5009 wrote:
You’re right. The race itself is “the” attraction. Team USA garners the most attraction of all the teams though. Is France better than the USA? Maybe...
You’re right. The race itself is “the” attraction. Team USA garners the most attraction of all the teams though.

Is France better than the USA? Maybe. I would actually say yes considering they’ve won 5 in a row. But is France as big of a market and is their team gaining as much attention as the USA team? Nope. Absolutely not. You will never change my mind on that.
Ray_MXS wrote:
Well how do I put this nicely.... For people outside the States, USA is not the center of the world. Yes, France is a bigger attraction...
Well how do I put this nicely....

For people outside the States, USA is not the center of the world.

Yes, France is a bigger attraction at the MXoN than USA right now 100%. If USA doesn't turn up, that sucks. If France doesn't show up, it's a freaking scandal.

They've won 5 in a row for crying out loud.
Bullcrap. The entire point is to beat the most dominant team ever, USA. Go peddle your nonsense elsewhere.
YamahaJT1
6/28/2019 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 7:10pm
CPR wrote:
Hey prizefighter you been punched in the head a few too many times? Few roo's loose in the top paddock? Of course it's America vs the...
Hey prizefighter you been punched in the head a few too many times? Few roo's loose in the top paddock?
Of course it's America vs the world, just like it's England vs the world or France vs the world etc. that's why it's called motocross of nations! (Always be MXdN to me though). You never quite know which two or three nations are going to be in the points hunt by the last moto due to the nature of the event. Of course you need to turn up first to be a chance.

And be careful who you pick a fight with- "Australia (how many times has that sorry sac of a team been trounced?) because we'll kick you square in the balls, then we'll see who has a sorry sac!
Dude, gather control of your sense of self-worth and nationalistic pride. Reel it in a bit. It is wearing a tad thin. Rex was "Easy" to deal with.... Choose your words wisely henceforth.
CPR
6/28/2019 7:11pm
CPR wrote:
Hey prizefighter you been punched in the head a few too many times? Few roo's loose in the top paddock? Of course it's America vs the...

YamahaJT1 wrote:
Dude, gather control of your sense of self-worth and nationalistic pride. Reel it in a bit. It is wearing a tad thin. Rex was "Easy" to...
Dude, gather control of your sense of self-worth and nationalistic pride. Reel it in a bit. It is wearing a tad thin. Rex was "Easy" to deal with.... Choose your words wisely henceforth.
Who's Rex?
Nuffsaid
6/28/2019 8:43pm
agn5009 wrote:
You’re right. The race itself is “the” attraction. Team USA garners the most attraction of all the teams though. Is France better than the USA? Maybe...
You’re right. The race itself is “the” attraction. Team USA garners the most attraction of all the teams though.

Is France better than the USA? Maybe. I would actually say yes considering they’ve won 5 in a row. But is France as big of a market and is their team gaining as much attention as the USA team? Nope. Absolutely not. You will never change my mind on that.
Ray_MXS wrote:
Well how do I put this nicely.... For people outside the States, USA is not the center of the world. Yes, France is a bigger attraction...
Well how do I put this nicely....

For people outside the States, USA is not the center of the world.

Yes, France is a bigger attraction at the MXoN than USA right now 100%. If USA doesn't turn up, that sucks. If France doesn't show up, it's a freaking scandal.

They've won 5 in a row for crying out loud.
Bullcrap. The entire point is to beat the most dominant team ever, USA. Go peddle your nonsense elsewhere.
The “dominance” ended 7 long years ago, living in the past and denial go hand in hand
Nighttrain
6/28/2019 9:20pm
Crush wrote:
The more I think about this the less sympathy I have for anyone wanting to stay home. The fact is, it's an event for your country...
The more I think about this the less sympathy I have for anyone wanting to stay home. The fact is, it's an event for your country.

America are no more disadvantaged than Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, any southern American team or anyone else who wants to go from afar... let alone from countries that hardly want their riders to go like Canada. Our schedules and distances are no better or more convenient.

It sucks. But it is what it is. You can make it and make the best of it or bitch about it. The costs are the same for everyone. The magnitude at which you choose to compete is the difference. You don't need to send 100 people. You don't. No-one else does. I don't expect millionaires whinge about the running costs of their fleet of cars. You choose to have them.

The point that the Americans may be "the stars of the show", is irrelevant. Two reasons. One – It's for your country. You're not going because you're the big shot, you're going to represent the flag of your nation. The event may perhaps be different if you're not there but it's still the event. Nothing more, nothing less. It is an honour that you either care about or not. Ironically, the home of the brave seems to be teeming with people who may have forgotten.

Two – It's 2019. America hasn't won since 2011. Since then it's been one moto win for Barcia in 2015. There has been a lot of shit luck in there also but the "Euros" are every bit the match and stars that the American riders are. Don't cite paypackets and social media. The industry is still USA dominant because of history and supercross, but that's not a reflection on the rider's capabilities, especially outdoors.

Jeff, AC, Febrve, Strijbos, Van Horbeek, Searle, Anstie, Paulin, Coldenhoff, Prado, Lawrence, Nagl, Desalle, Bobryshev, shit even the Estonians have put the USA riders to shame occasionally. Collectively they could have less followers on the gram than Kenny and less paypacket than any USA team the last few years... it doesn't matter. They're badass. Look at it the other way. If i'm 9 years old in Europe, those guys are badasses, and they beat your badasses since before I knew what Dad was screaming at the TV about.

Maybe it's time for a bit of a wake up call. Go because you care, or don't because you don't. Just don't give a bunch of bullshit reasons about why you should get some benefits not afforded the rest of the nations who are there because they want to compete for their flag.
Well written post, Crush. I agree that the USA team has an honest chance to podium but they are far from a premier team anymore. After a poor showing on our home soil I’d say we are nearing the “also ran” status. France and The Netherlands are the top of the pecking order. I admire Team France’s domination over the last 5 years. Given the level of talent they put in the MXGP and the US MX/SX series they are producing the highest quality of riders in the world.

So why all the emotional responses after a Canadian podcaster suggested the US stay home? It seems a lot of panties are getting wadded needlessly. The US will send a team that is likely to finish 4th thru 9th. Maybe the wake up call to the Aussies and Brits is how to develop riders to win the MXdN because whatever you’ve been doing is not working. Ask France for some tips.
6/29/2019 11:48am
Okay this has taken off like a wild fire pretty much just because of someone throwing stuff out there based on pretty much nothing more than own strong opinions. At the end of the day I think team USA will line up this year and for years to come like they’ve done every year so far (with a few exceptions of course when they’ve actually had valid reasons for not going). And one day, this year, next year or whenever, they will win again and an other day again and we will forget about all this bs and we’ll find new stuff to argue about between euros, yanks, aussies or wherever we come from.
6/29/2019 12:06pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
The “dominance” ended 7 long years ago, living in the past and denial go hand in hand
I said most dominant team "ever". I did not say it the current team dominating. The point is, America has the target on them given their dominant history, and the fact that they are capable of winning.

Post a reply to: Should America not race MXON?

The Latest