Amazon and Moto

McG194
I shop for just about everything on Amazon but what are peoples opinions about buying moto stuff on Amazon or even eBay for that matter?

Do you prefer to go to your local shop or are you sick of them never having anything in stock like I am? There are plenty of online retailers but do you prefer Amazon over the online guys?
|
KDXGarage
5/31/2018 2:38am
Even if it was $2 cheaper, why buy on Amazon instead of Dennis Kirk, MotoSport, Rocky Mountain, etc.? When have you ever seen a penny from Jeff Bezos go to ANYTHING about dirt bikes??
EastFlorida
5/31/2018 4:25am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 4:26am
McG194 wrote:
I shop for just about everything on Amazon but what are peoples opinions about buying moto stuff on Amazon or even eBay for that matter? Do...
I shop for just about everything on Amazon but what are peoples opinions about buying moto stuff on Amazon or even eBay for that matter?

Do you prefer to go to your local shop or are you sick of them never having anything in stock like I am? There are plenty of online retailers but do you prefer Amazon over the online guys?
Mike, I buy from Rocky Mountain or one of the vendors at the FTR races. I support those that support our series... When I bought my KTM 350, I also bought my Rekluse even though I could've saved some money elsewhere. You know what that got me, even more support for my dealer... It pays to support the dealers supporting us when possible...
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/31/2018 4:28am
I’ll buy from Amazon if I need small items that are “prime” because sometimes I can receive them same day with free shipping. If I’m spending more than $75, I’ll go to Rocky Mountain because it’s tax free and no shipping costs.

I want to support local dealers but most the time I drive out of my way to a dealer they don’t have what I need in stock and just say,”we can order it for you”.

The Shop

markamc
5/31/2018 4:38am
Rocky Mountain will price match if you ask them to.
5/31/2018 5:25am
Went to a funeral...owner of Motosport spoke...made sure to let everybody in the crowd know that he was Scott Russell-owner of Motosport,completely taking away from the situation at hand and for us to all be amazed at the ginormous ray of sunshine coming out his ass for who he is.

Observed him weeks later at washougal with a perfectly placed beanie on his dome,save for his justin Bieber esque fringe he’d worked even harder to have hanging out the front

Stroked my beard,found some left over spaghetti,shopped Rocky Mountain ever since.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
5/31/2018 5:46am
Went to a funeral...owner of Motosport spoke...made sure to let everybody in the crowd know that he was Scott Russell-owner of Motosport,completely taking away from the...
Went to a funeral...owner of Motosport spoke...made sure to let everybody in the crowd know that he was Scott Russell-owner of Motosport,completely taking away from the situation at hand and for us to all be amazed at the ginormous ray of sunshine coming out his ass for who he is.

Observed him weeks later at washougal with a perfectly placed beanie on his dome,save for his justin Bieber esque fringe he’d worked even harder to have hanging out the front

Stroked my beard,found some left over spaghetti,shopped Rocky Mountain ever since.
Damn, seriously? That’s bad taste...
AJ565
5/31/2018 6:00am
I just picked up a PC pipe from amazon because it was the cheapest place, no tax, and free shipping. I buy VP from a local dealer and stuff from Rocky Mountain and Motosport from time to time as well. I'm always checking out their clearance stuff. I also get quite a bit of stuff from vital members in the for sale section.
yz25
5/31/2018 7:06am
I have had great success with Amazon. All the moto I have purchased off Amazon has come for a cycle shop from various locations. Nothing from a "Amazon" warehouse. So it might not be helping my "local" dealer but its helping a dealer somewhere.
Seeing that my local dealers are only interested in SxS or crotch rockets, I have to shop online. Have no choice.
5/31/2018 7:29am
Hard not to buy from Rocky Mountain. They support local racing nationwide with the race gas program. Great business model.
Hudd_421
5/31/2018 7:48am
Went to a funeral...owner of Motosport spoke...made sure to let everybody in the crowd know that he was Scott Russell-owner of Motosport,completely taking away from the...

Scott Russell and Motosport Hillsboro have no affiliation the Motosport.com.
TJMX947
5/31/2018 7:53am
Sometimes I don't want to pay 8$ shipping if I need a 25$ air filter. It probably sounds a little bass ackwards to own a 9k dirt bike but sweat your money so hard as to avoid paying unnecessary shipping fees, but that's what I do. Oh well.
mx216
5/31/2018 8:27am

You should probably know who you are talking about and who owns what before you spew bullshit out of your mouth.
yz133rider
5/31/2018 8:31am
TJMX947 wrote:
Sometimes I don't want to pay 8$ shipping if I need a 25$ air filter. It probably sounds a little bass ackwards to own a 9k...
Sometimes I don't want to pay 8$ shipping if I need a 25$ air filter. It probably sounds a little bass ackwards to own a 9k dirt bike but sweat your money so hard as to avoid paying unnecessary shipping fees, but that's what I do. Oh well.
Thats how you afford 9k bikes though
Chad198
5/31/2018 9:45am
Lots of counterfeit items on eBay and Amazon so you have to be careful of that.
Lightning78
5/31/2018 10:05am
Get this.... My local Kawi/Suzuki dealer (I'm not in Socal anymore) told me that any part they "can order" goes like this.... If I come in to order a part, ANY day of the week the order doesn't go out to Kawasaki until the FOLLOWING Monday and from there it takes a week to get it in. Are you f-in kidding me???? That's up to 2 weeks

Having worked at a 5 line dealership in parts for years while I was in school I know the orders can be submitted daily via online and that was back in 02-05 so I know their systems have gotten better since then but holy crap! Why would I ever order anything from my local dealer at that point? Ironically they are a couple blocks from where I work ....I'll be ordering all my parts through RM or Motorsport
MHR401
5/31/2018 10:17am
I don't remember that last time I had to order anything Moto/dirt related on line........i'm lucky to have a great local shop and a fantastic suspension/service place that has the inventory and/or gets product in a timely manner. They also support our local race organizations!!
Josh422
5/31/2018 10:18am
You guys aren't getting it, a good chunk of the supply on eBay and Amazon is coming from local moto retail shops. If you want to support them and not be inconvenienced, shop on eBay.
kkawboy14
5/31/2018 10:20am
If moto wants to survive they will really need to start their own “Amazon” as a competitor
NorCal 50+
5/31/2018 10:43am
Come on man, don't take the moto industry's wealth and give it to Jeff Freaking Bezos!
The guy makes like a billion dollars a day by destroying retail industries left and right. He owns the Washington Post so he can manipulate public opinion and sits on a Pentagon advisory board. He's working as fast as he can to develop facial recognition technology so he can become another arm of the government. This shit is getting insane- it's got to end somewhere.
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
5/31/2018 10:43am

I was under the impression that Motosport the physical dealer and Motosport the online sales company were separate. At any rate, for sure the Motosport online company is part of the Backcountry.com company now, a fairly recent change.

I agree with shopping RM, they are my go to choice. I do buy from Amazon at time, stuff like oil or spark plugs that will arrive quick with prime.
mx216
5/31/2018 11:13am
Josh422 wrote:
You guys aren't getting it, a good chunk of the supply on eBay and Amazon is coming from local moto retail shops. If you want to...
You guys aren't getting it, a good chunk of the supply on eBay and Amazon is coming from local moto retail shops. If you want to support them and not be inconvenienced, shop on eBay.
Hey somebody who's knows what they are talking about!

Post a reply to: Amazon and Moto

The Latest