Amateurs turning pro at Unadilla

Cygrace74
There’s like 6 different threads so I figured it’d be better to have one spot for it. Who is turning pro tomorrow it seems like there’s not been much info this week. Difrancesco I assume is doing the rest of nationals and then skipping SX and Hymas has said he’s skipping nationals which seems like a mistake. But what about Braswell, Clough, Linville, Hawkins and Garib? I did see Towers say he will be doing Ironman
|
8/12/2022 6:44am
Why would Difran skip SX next year?? He did Futures this year and should be ready..
Hymas skipping these last 4 races to focus on SX next year according to Weimer on JS7 pod.. (and JS7 thinks it’s a good idea wtf ?) I don’t get it at all. He’s got an opportunity to do some races with no pressure which will aid in his entry to the series in 2023, what’s the downside?
JazzyJJ
8/12/2022 7:08am
Why would Difran skip SX next year?? He did Futures this year and should be ready.. Hymas skipping these last 4 races to focus on SX...
Why would Difran skip SX next year?? He did Futures this year and should be ready..
Hymas skipping these last 4 races to focus on SX next year according to Weimer on JS7 pod.. (and JS7 thinks it’s a good idea wtf ?) I don’t get it at all. He’s got an opportunity to do some races with no pressure which will aid in his entry to the series in 2023, what’s the downside?
Hymas is doing futures then a full outdoor program according to his IG.
gt80rider
8/12/2022 8:48am
Why would Difran skip SX next year?? He did Futures this year and should be ready.. Hymas skipping these last 4 races to focus on SX...
Hymas is reallyyyy good on an SX track... that's why.... remember sx futures from earlier this year? Dude was showing most everyone what's up.... he's had a rough run the last couple of months outdoors... but dude should totally rip in SX... his style also suits SX IMO...

Also interesting to hear about the lack of support on the Honda amateur side since Geico died (from the JS7 podcast).... Hymas is def not getting the kind of support the green, blue, and orange guys are getting...

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
8/12/2022 9:39am
With the Lawrence brothers out there in the 250 class- if I was a young racer looking to turn pro I’d wait. It will be crushing for any young racer to realize how far off pace they are from them..
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
8/12/2022 9:43am
Brad460 wrote:
With the Lawrence brothers out there in the 250 class- if I was a young racer looking to turn pro I’d wait. It will be crushing...
With the Lawrence brothers out there in the 250 class- if I was a young racer looking to turn pro I’d wait. It will be crushing for any young racer to realize how far off pace they are from them..
I disagree. I think now would be the time to move up. Rarely anyone wins a championship in their rookie year. Let them race now as guys like Cooper, JMart, Forkner, Hunter, Craig and Jett will be moving up in the next year or two. There's a massive overhaul coming in the 250 class. I'm guessing that is maybe a reason Star decided to want to turn these guys Pro sooner.

Post a reply to: Amateurs turning pro at Unadilla

The Latest