Amateur Supercross

305FC250
1/9/2018 7:24pm
huck wrote:
So you normally "podium" in the 450B class, and now you're thinking about racing the beginner class? Why not just go buy a trophy and tell...
So you normally "podium" in the 450B class, and now you're thinking about racing the beginner class?
Why not just go buy a trophy and tell everybody at work how awesome you are.....
NoeOrtiz wrote:
I was actually thinking of racing the novice class. And i wouldnt consider myself a true 450b rider. The small races ive done didnt have stacked...
I was actually thinking of racing the novice class. And i wouldnt consider myself a true 450b rider. The small races ive done didnt have stacked tallent, which is why i can usually podium. the one time i did a big race, (2 stroke national), i got smoked and placed like 12th. Plus i dont ride supercross, which means ima be very slow, and every body will be sand bagging classes. And i could give a shit about a trophy. Im doing this for the fun of it,
This right here is why amateur MX/SX below B class is a complete joke... Fucking christ. Put your big boy pants on and race your class if you really don't care about a trophy.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
1/10/2018 8:32am
cmotodad wrote:
Being the Old guy I am, I rode a few back in the early eighties. Yes the tracks are quite tame. Seems they are about the...
Being the Old guy I am, I rode a few back in the early eighties. Yes the tracks are quite tame. Seems they are about the same as a Milestone main. Long days, short races but still fun memories. PS: they are looking for flaggers for the event. Last I heard it was $ 40 from 7am to 7pm. Don't quote me on the $ might even be less. If you go, have a good time
I've done it for a T-shirt and lunch before, that's a deal. I'm not sure my shoulders could handle waving a yellow flag for 12 straight hours though. Something about the words amateur and supercross used in the same sentence tells me the flaggers are going to be very busy lol
Tracktor
1/10/2018 9:10am
$95 per class plus the rest of the costs. Yep, that's a great way to grow the sport.

We tried a local AMA AX race last year. Biggest waste of $250 for a grand total of less than 15 minutes of track time. Completely disorganized and basically treated like cattle for pit spaces. Never again. One bathroom for the whole pit area. Came back from watching and all our bikes & tools had been moved by event staff and tossed in a hallway after originally being put where they assigned us.

Someone needs to remind the AMA/Feld,etc. that MX/SX are participant sports. Making it expensive & inaccessible isn't going to "grow" anything............Of course the only thing they are really interested in growing is their bottom line until the the sport dies out then bail..........
1/10/2018 9:17am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 9:18am
NoeOrtiz wrote:
I was actually thinking of racing the novice class. And i wouldnt consider myself a true 450b rider. The small races ive done didnt have stacked...
I was actually thinking of racing the novice class. And i wouldnt consider myself a true 450b rider. The small races ive done didnt have stacked tallent, which is why i can usually podium. the one time i did a big race, (2 stroke national), i got smoked and placed like 12th. Plus i dont ride supercross, which means ima be very slow, and every body will be sand bagging classes. And i could give a shit about a trophy. Im doing this for the fun of it,
Haha.

Hate to bust your giblets. But, read the rule book. You’re a b rider 4 lyfe now.

Get your $50 and petition papers signed because I hope someone protests you just based on the principal, even if you get dead last in the C class.

I’m starting to hear this tune In my ear....
“Cuz I’m a bro, bro, bro...”

The Shop

Post a reply to: Amateur Supercross

The Latest