Amateur AX championship?

rob162
Anyone else remember the Am series that ran on Sundays. They broke it up into I think 4 regions and the top 5 got to go race the Amateur AX championship after the U.S. Open. I wonder why they stopped that. It really helped promote AX i thought. Everyone wanted to race it to try and go to Vegas. I know alot of people myself included made sure to go watch the pros on friday and/or atleast saturday to see how the track was. So it definitely boosted ticket sales. They should bring it back i would definitely go watch the ax races again it would be well worth the drive to watch then race.
|
KMC440
4/29/2018 3:24pm
The Arenacross series just died.

So I 'spose the rest is just moot.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
4/29/2018 4:37pm
They stopped going to the US Open when the US Open stopped.

There still is an amatuer ax championship (i think) its been held at the south point arena in the past, and before that it was actually at sam boyd.

Pretty sure the finale is still at south point the day after sx
rob162
4/30/2018 11:22am
I get that when the us open went away it stopped but it seems like it would help ax like in the past if they did that again. I didnt see the am ax having the final championship round in vegas like they use to. I feel like if AX still did this and really drew in the grass roots of the sport it would still be a healthy series that could stand alone no problem.

The Shop

Team MMR
5/1/2018 3:32am
http://www.arenacross.com/tickets/events/2017/may/4/amsoil-arenacross

They still have Amateur Arenacross Championships on sunday. Practice is Saturday morning racing sunday.

Its at the Orleans Arena.

Sunday, May 6 – AMSOIL AMA Amateur National Arenacross Championships

Doors Open: 8:00 AM
Show Starts: 12:00 PM

Sunday, May 6 - Amateur Championships

$23 General admission

* All seats $5 more on the day of the race

* Additional fees apply

Tickets available at OrleansArena.com, Ticketmaster.com or 800-745-3000.

Post a reply to: Amateur AX championship?

The Latest