Ama Rulebook-Penalty Dart Board

mx196
Fantasy
3991st
3/24/2018 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 3:43pm
Section A2 page 58 Ama Rulebook “ 15. Failing to immediately respect and comply with operational or warning flags/lights or other signals from racing officials.”

Yes we all can agree J-mart jumped while he lights were on and didn’t adhere to the rules but literally there is no saying in the rule book as to what the penalty will be for said offense. It just lists this penalty as punishable but there is no set punishment.

How can the AMA not have set penalties for different offenses. Not that this is the first time we’re discussing this but I just find it hard to take them seriously when it seems like a club making up random penalties when sometimes the same penalty wasn’t as severe in the past. 7 points is huge.

Thoughts?
|
King KTM
3/24/2018 11:20pm
mx196 wrote:
Section A2 page 58 Ama Rulebook “ 15. Failing to immediately respect and comply with operational or warning flags/lights or other signals from racing officials.” Yes...
Section A2 page 58 Ama Rulebook “ 15. Failing to immediately respect and comply with operational or warning flags/lights or other signals from racing officials.”

Yes we all can agree J-mart jumped while he lights were on and didn’t adhere to the rules but literally there is no saying in the rule book as to what the penalty will be for said offense. It just lists this penalty as punishable but there is no set punishment.

How can the AMA not have set penalties for different offenses. Not that this is the first time we’re discussing this but I just find it hard to take them seriously when it seems like a club making up random penalties when sometimes the same penalty wasn’t as severe in the past. 7 points is huge.

Thoughts?
Reminds me OF NASCAR
3/25/2018 9:46am
mx196 wrote:
Section A2 page 58 Ama Rulebook “ 15. Failing to immediately respect and comply with operational or warning flags/lights or other signals from racing officials.” Yes...

Thoughts?
The AMA has to confer with the rider's manufacturer to see if they are allowed to penalize them first. It's been like this since the beginning of time and will continue until we have a sanctioning body that is not bought and paid for by the manufacturers. I.E., it will never change.
Katoomey
3/25/2018 1:25pm
The Bible is up for interpretation, for god's sake (pun intended)...so, why wouldn't the AMA rule book be as well?
Erek_Kudla
3/25/2018 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 1:44pm
mx196 wrote:

Thoughts?
Each offense is different. Doing it on accident vs doing it on purpose. Jumping the entire triple vs what he did. Doing it to secure a pass soon some one... And so on. There are lot of different circumstances. It's tough to have a set penalty for something that has different degrees of violation.

The Shop

3/25/2018 1:55pm
mx196 wrote:

Thoughts?
Erek_Kudla wrote:
Each offense is different. Doing it on accident vs doing it on purpose. Jumping the entire triple vs what he did. Doing it to secure a...
Each offense is different. Doing it on accident vs doing it on purpose. Jumping the entire triple vs what he did. Doing it to secure a pass soon some one... And so on. There are lot of different circumstances. It's tough to have a set penalty for something that has different degrees of violation.
Especially when it depends on whether it was a factory rider or a privateer. Whistling
Zycki11
3/25/2018 2:00pm
I thought it was funny when a AMA guy told me yesterday in the mechanics area during 250 heat 1 "who's your rider? and you have to be wearing black pants in the mechanics area" (i had jeans on) he then made a smart remark "its in the rule book if you know how to read" I then replied with "I don't take your shitty rule book serious you guys are a fucking joke" and laughed and walked away. This situation is case in point to the whole AMA fiasco
3/25/2018 2:01pm
AC said in his Indy Vlog that he did the same thing as Martin and was protested.. what was his punishment?
toolie
3/25/2018 3:01pm

kkawboy14
3/25/2018 3:03pm
mx196 wrote:

Thoughts?

1) because they wrote the rule book!
2) well....because they write the rules!
kkawboy14
3/25/2018 3:05pm
toolie wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/25/251809/s1200_C842FA96_B384_45E6_9984_C6EE83E97DED.jpg[/img]

9. “IF” Race Director determines there was a blatant violation of this rule:

That leaves a lot of opening for error and interpretation
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
3/25/2018 3:43pm
I’d have docked him the time he gained. How long were the lights on and did the riders behind him have to roll the triple? If not then did he actually lose time? The dude made up maybe half to a full second, hitting him with seven points is pretty gnarly.

Post a reply to: Ama Rulebook-Penalty Dart Board

The Latest