Am I losing my mind or does it look like Cooper is wearing a new Bell helmet...

duboiz
Edited Date/Time 4/3/2020 10:05am
At the end of the youtube video posted by Bell Helmets yesterday, it kinda looks like Cooper is in something other than a moto 9. The visor also looks off, I attached photos. Prob a 99% chance i'm wrong haha..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KFsoS6YT1Q

|
3/31/2020 4:02pm
Might be a new model or even a custom shell just for cooper.

Bell has been known in the past to do custom helmets for pro's, but they always kept the same exterior look by memory.
aeffertz
3/31/2020 4:05pm
That's a new model. There's a new Leatt helmet model dropping soon as well.
duboiz
3/31/2020 4:11pm
aeffertz wrote:
That's a new model. There's a new Leatt helmet model dropping soon as well.
Are there any other pictures of them floating around or you heard from someone?
mxb2
3/31/2020 4:14pm
I think fox is. Releasing a new helmet,boots also.

The Shop

3/31/2020 4:20pm
...man....there's another new angle of his big get off that I haven't seen. Brutal.

Heart of a lion with him coming back a week later and podium... seeing the pain in his face afterward. Epic balls right there.

Good video....I sure miss the racing.
aeffertz
3/31/2020 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2020 4:29pm
duboiz wrote:
Are there any other pictures of them floating around or you heard from someone?
Not online that I've seen. I've only heard it through the grapevine.
zippytech
3/31/2020 4:38pm
I must be fucked up.. I don't give a fuck what the pros wear.. I just don't..
agn5009
3/31/2020 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2020 4:41pm
zippytech wrote:
I agree. You must be.
Zaugg
3/31/2020 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2020 4:51pm
zippytech wrote:
Didn't really read anywhere that someone wants to buy this helmet because a pro rider is wearing it.

Keep in mind, that it's not that Cooper (a pro rider most likely doing product testing) is wearing the helmet. It's that a new helmet is out and being tested and someone was attentive enough to identify an update to Bell's current product offering.

But thanks for going out of your way to let us know you don't care what the pros endorse. You must not be a fan of any riders, the sport, or...anything really.

reded
3/31/2020 4:59pm
zippytech wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
Didn't really read anywhere that someone wants to buy this helmet because a pro rider is wearing it. Keep in mind, that it's not that Cooper...
Didn't really read anywhere that someone wants to buy this helmet because a pro rider is wearing it.

Keep in mind, that it's not that Cooper (a pro rider most likely doing product testing) is wearing the helmet. It's that a new helmet is out and being tested and someone was attentive enough to identify an update to Bell's current product offering.

But thanks for going out of your way to let us know you don't care what the pros endorse. You must not be a fan of any riders, the sport, or...anything really.

Why does one have to like what pros are paid to wear in order to enjoy a sport?
Zaugg
3/31/2020 5:31pm
reded wrote:
You totally missed my point. I'm not saying you have to like what pros wear to like the sport.

I'm saying that your boy Zippytech thinks he's not influenced by anything or anyone. Anyone who has to come on a forum to tell everyone they don't care, clearly cares about some sort of approval.

We're all influenced by something or someone in one way or another and anyone who tells you different is lying to you and to themselves. (I guess that's my real point.)

I for one am proud to say I like to support brands that support riders, teams, and race series because they support the sport. If a rider is a dick or an asshole to kids (which I've seen some riders do on multiple occasions) I think, Hmmm, if a brand supports a dude like that, I don't know if I want to support that brand.

Now, let's change the subject and get back to the fact that Bell might have a new helmet coming out, no doubt on the heads of several athletes that may or may not influence potential customers.

Hope that helps.
aeffertz
3/31/2020 5:50pm
zippytech wrote:
OP: Is Bell making a new helmet?

You: WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT THE PROS WEAR?!
APLMAN99
3/31/2020 6:23pm
reded wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
You totally missed my point. I'm not saying you have to like what pros wear to like the sport. I'm saying that your boy Zippytech thinks...
You totally missed my point. I'm not saying you have to like what pros wear to like the sport.

I'm saying that your boy Zippytech thinks he's not influenced by anything or anyone. Anyone who has to come on a forum to tell everyone they don't care, clearly cares about some sort of approval.

We're all influenced by something or someone in one way or another and anyone who tells you different is lying to you and to themselves. (I guess that's my real point.)

I for one am proud to say I like to support brands that support riders, teams, and race series because they support the sport. If a rider is a dick or an asshole to kids (which I've seen some riders do on multiple occasions) I think, Hmmm, if a brand supports a dude like that, I don't know if I want to support that brand.

Now, let's change the subject and get back to the fact that Bell might have a new helmet coming out, no doubt on the heads of several athletes that may or may not influence potential customers.

Hope that helps.
If they don't have a new helmet coming out, then you have to wonder what their "testing" budget must be to put out a one-off that has to have certification by destroying so many helmets...…..!!!!!

Pros have to have helmets that have been tested and certified, don't they?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/31/2020 6:32pm
That’s the new Moto-10.
gnarwhip
3/31/2020 8:24pm
What was the story with that prototype Bell Stew wore for a while back in 09? Never saw it again
3/31/2020 8:26pm
My son wants to be decked out in A-stars gear because his idol Tomac. If there were a Kawasaki PW 50 you had better believe we would have to have one in the garage. To this day I still ride Honda because of the GOAT in the woody honda days. There is a reason that companies pay big money to sponsor riders.
3/31/2020 8:42pm
gnarwhip wrote:
What was the story with that prototype Bell Stew wore for a while back in 09? Never saw it again
Also curious. After he left fox Didn’t he use the lower model bells for some reason for a few years because he didn’t like the current lid they had? My memory could be bad. If so were his a one off with custom internals? Can’t imagine they’d keep letting him knock himself out in lower teir helmets
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
3/31/2020 8:53pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Also curious. After he left fox Didn’t he use the lower model bells for some reason for a few years because he didn’t like the current...
Also curious. After he left fox Didn’t he use the lower model bells for some reason for a few years because he didn’t like the current lid they had? My memory could be bad. If so were his a one off with custom internals? Can’t imagine they’d keep letting him knock himself out in lower teir helmets
Length of the chin/mouth guard.
Noaim
4/1/2020 12:18am
Funny how Vital made a video with Coop before Daytona where the Helmet is even more visible, but nobody noticed then :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxtm09awYDA&feature=emb_title

But yeah, it is the Moto-10. Should already have been out a while ago... But I guess we will see it sometime during the summer. If the outdoors happen >_<
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/1/2020 12:38am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2020 1:16am
I pray this goes away soon, but you aren't going to see one product drop/launch for many months. I'd say everything gets pushed a year. Even bikes.

EDIT: New model bikes.
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
4/1/2020 7:55am
zippytech wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
Didn't really read anywhere that someone wants to buy this helmet because a pro rider is wearing it. Keep in mind, that it's not that Cooper...

LaughingLaughing

I don't care about your comment. I'm laughing for completely unrelated reasons.
Rawly
4/1/2020 11:42am
I didn’t buy leg gators in the early 80’s to be like Jonny O. I swear he had no influence on my spending habits. They were just to keep my boots looking good for the first moto. They were good for keeping stuff out of my boots though. When I feel a small rock under my foot now , I’ll think to myself , damn wish I still had those gators.
4/1/2020 12:03pm
My son wants to be decked out in A-stars gear because his idol Tomac. If there were a Kawasaki PW 50 you had better believe we...
My son wants to be decked out in A-stars gear because his idol Tomac. If there were a Kawasaki PW 50 you had better believe we would have to have one in the garage. To this day I still ride Honda because of the GOAT in the woody honda days. There is a reason that companies pay big money to sponsor riders.
YUP.

As a young kid, I bought all HRP gear back in the day....even had lightning bolts on my Bell moto 3. I wanted to be Bob Hannah. lol.
arunkxf
4/3/2020 8:42am
duboiz wrote:
At the end of the youtube video posted by Bell Helmets yesterday, it kinda looks like Cooper is in something other than a moto 9. The...
At the end of the youtube video posted by Bell Helmets yesterday, it kinda looks like Cooper is in something other than a moto 9. The visor also looks off, I attached photos. Prob a 99% chance i'm wrong haha..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KFsoS6YT1Q

I reckon they will be releasing a new model.

The Moto 9 has been out sometime now and all dealers are reducing the prices massively on Bell helmets, which I would imagine means new lines coming in
psg119
4/3/2020 10:05am
My son wants to be decked out in A-stars gear because his idol Tomac. If there were a Kawasaki PW 50 you had better believe we...
You should be able to find an old KDX50 somewhere you can trick out for your boy.

Post a reply to: Am I losing my mind or does it look like Cooper is wearing a new Bell helmet...

The Latest