Always wondered about this - Matthes vs. THahn

JerseyFresh
3/25/2016 12:22pm
FLmxer wrote:
It's all i listen to these days. Moto pod casts play when ever I'm driving or in my boats. Good stuff. If you and Pookie ever...
It's all i listen to these days. Moto pod casts play when ever I'm driving or in my boats. Good stuff. If you and Pookie ever want a week vacation at one of my private beach houses on Sanibel during the summer months shoot me an email Steve.
121ANM wrote:
I like week vacations and beaches too. Tongue
Vital member beach party?!
Stephon
3/25/2016 5:42pm
ACBraap wrote:
Just goes to show how amateurish moto is. If I were Mathes, I'd write my opinion of THahn every week. It's his job, and his performance...
Just goes to show how amateurish moto is. If I were Mathes, I'd write my opinion of THahn every week. It's his job, and his performance is there to view. If THahn want's to shun certain media outlets, that's his right I suppose (I might think differently if I were a sponsor or team owner). In spite of his faults, Mathes has done a lot to show the inner workings of the sport to the fans. It's too bad it takes 5 hours each week to cover 2.5 hours of material though.
Stephon wrote:
This: "It's too bad it takes 5 hours each week to cover 2.5 hours of material though." I listen to the archive on 1.5x or 2x...
This:

"It's too bad it takes 5 hours each week to cover 2.5 hours of material though."

I listen to the archive on 1.5x or 2x and skip the commercials. I really enjoy the show and him as host. I just think it could be 2-3 hours max.
You know you can just not listen to the whole thing right? Most media players have features such as "stop" and "pause" (if you google those...
You know you can just not listen to the whole thing right? Most media players have features such as "stop" and "pause" (if you google those terms I'm sure there will be an explaination for what they do) alternatively you could email Pulpmx and ask for a refund.
I knew if I waited long enough the resident rocket scientist would show up...and I was right!

No matter what you say Mr. Rocket Scientist, I REFUSE to request a refund for the PulpMX app that I purchased. I also WILL NOT stop clicking on the Amazon clicker thingy on the PulpMX website so that PulpMX gets a cut of my purchases from Amazon.

Any other brilliant suggestions?
smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
3/25/2016 6:38pm
Stephon wrote:
I knew if I waited long enough the resident rocket scientist would show up...and I was right! No matter what you say Mr. Rocket Scientist, I...
I knew if I waited long enough the resident rocket scientist would show up...and I was right!

No matter what you say Mr. Rocket Scientist, I REFUSE to request a refund for the PulpMX app that I purchased. I also WILL NOT stop clicking on the Amazon clicker thingy on the PulpMX website so that PulpMX gets a cut of my purchases from Amazon.

Sorry about that, what I said was meant in jest. I just think it's weird to complain about too much content, for example you have your "long ass blog/bio" and I assume that you make it that way because you like to flesh it out with stories thoughts and other tidbits that you feel encapsulate your journey. A large portion of your audience and also Steve's, love the little details and inside jokes that come along with that large piece of content. Plus there is the Racer X podcast which recaps the whole 2.5hr event in around 1hr.
Stephon
3/25/2016 9:18pm
Stephon wrote:
I knew if I waited long enough the resident rocket scientist would show up...and I was right! No matter what you say Mr. Rocket Scientist, I...

Sorry about that, what I said was meant in jest. I just think it's weird to complain about too much content, for example you have your...
Sorry about that, what I said was meant in jest. I just think it's weird to complain about too much content, for example you have your "long ass blog/bio" and I assume that you make it that way because you like to flesh it out with stories thoughts and other tidbits that you feel encapsulate your journey. A large portion of your audience and also Steve's, love the little details and inside jokes that come along with that large piece of content. Plus there is the Racer X podcast which recaps the whole 2.5hr event in around 1hr.
My apologies.

I get where you are coming from and I can't say that I disagree with anything you've written. I'm a huge Matthes fan and you're right, part of it is the fleshing out of the stories. It's probably that I subscribe to 31 other podcasts so I'm always trying to get through them and onto the next...and then I'm like "5 hours and 12 minutes!"

All good, have a great weekend!

The Shop

smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
3/25/2016 9:29pm
Stephon wrote:
My apologies. I get where you are coming from and I can't say that I disagree with anything you've written. I'm a huge Matthes fan and...
My apologies.

I get where you are coming from and I can't say that I disagree with anything you've written. I'm a huge Matthes fan and you're right, part of it is the fleshing out of the stories. It's probably that I subscribe to 31 other podcasts so I'm always trying to get through them and onto the next...and then I'm like "5 hours and 12 minutes!"

no worries man, have a good one
Lightning78
3/26/2016 1:31am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Yeah, Mason, Blose and Hahn have a real shot at winning mains......
BobPA wrote:
Better shot than you or I....
peelout wrote:
while that's absolutely true, it just speaks volumes to the fragile ego of motocross racers.
Ego or flat out spoiled babies?.... Matthes is the FIRST and ONLY real journalist this sport has ever seen and will likely ever see since everybody wants to "bro down" with "the industry" cool guy syndrome. I have a lot of respect for Matthes and the content he puts out ....ye she has his favorites but he rarely if ever lets that get in the way of journalism and doing a good job writing.

I mean for crying out loud can you IMAGINE of some of these fragile ego'd riders had to be subjected to the media of EVERY OTHER professional sport? ESPN? Jim Rome? they'd cry themselves into retirement within 2 years or less.....im a bit exaggerating of course but the shit that riders throw fits over and spew such hatred to Matthes over the stuff he writes just blows my mind. Whats funny is a lot of professional riders are big fans of sports like football where they constantly also watch Sports Center and media driven shows where the hosts criticism runs rampant borderlining a little presonal and sometimes nasty.....

Yet these same riders cant put 2 and 2 together and see how it is with the media in all the sports they watch? Afugginmazing if you ask me LOL
Lightning78
3/26/2016 1:40am
Stephon wrote:
My apologies. I get where you are coming from and I can't say that I disagree with anything you've written. I'm a huge Matthes fan and...
My apologies.

Shiiiiit, Im always stoked when i see extra long podcasts and I could listen to that show as long as it'' run Im never able to get enough......as for the Pulp show live, I agree the commercial breaks are getting very long, nearing what Howard Stern and Tom Leykkis used to do. But thats when I go and change out the laundry im doing or walk a block on over to Sali In Market (Thos that live in HB know the place haha) and replenish my beer supply....haha

Post a reply to: Always wondered about this - Matthes vs. THahn

The Latest