Alternates for Loretta’s

Brandon_Lake
If you don’t qualify for Loretta’s is it worth the money to go as an alternate?
|
jmo443
7/24/2020 10:07am
What class and how far are you out?
jmo443
7/24/2020 10:17am
Ahh that class is a crap shoot with Moto dads with money. Not sure how the ratings are work I’m sure 1-3 people may not make it. But who knows this year everything is weird.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/24/2020 10:24am
Refresh my memory: do you have to pay an entry fee to be an alternate, or...?

The Shop

Brandon_Lake
7/24/2020 11:46am
From what I read you pay like your going to race. I’m interested to know whats the benefit is to spend all that money to watch the race from the side line if everyone shows up. Is it a great way to network with vendors and teams, will they even look at you if you just show up as alternate? Loretta Lynn’s is expensive, my way of thinking we’re only going to go if we have a guarantee spot.
mx317
7/24/2020 11:56am
From what I read you pay like your going to race. I’m interested to know whats the benefit is to spend all that money to watch...
From what I read you pay like your going to race. I’m interested to know whats the benefit is to spend all that money to watch the race from the side line if everyone shows up. Is it a great way to network with vendors and teams, will they even look at you if you just show up as alternate? Loretta Lynn’s is expensive, my way of thinking we’re only going to go if we have a guarantee spot.
Are you Austin Keller? I looked and you are third alternate, so you have a decent shot. You may get called before the national and given a spot. If you go, you get to practice and be ready at the line in case something happens there in practice. I made it from the ranch before, but then again I only live 45 miles away and didn't have as much to lose.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/24/2020 1:38pm
From what I read you pay like your going to race. I’m interested to know whats the benefit is to spend all that money to watch...
Wait and go when you qualify and are guaranteed a spot on the line, no use in paying money to maybe get to ride.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
7/24/2020 2:24pm
I'm thinking most guys that sign up as an "alternate" are already in one class and trying to get their 2nd. Entries have been closed for awhile, if you didn"t sign up and pay as an alternate, pretty sure it's too late. Some guys qualify in more than 2 classes and then choose, some guys qualify and dont sign up to go. some guys get hurt in the weeks before, and some guys drop out due to injury or mechanical on practice day...they want full gates, so if you are registered and ready to go, they will get you on the line if they can.

If you sign up as an alternate, and dont get to race, they refund your entry
ga_pike
7/24/2020 2:26pm
I got in as an alternate once in one class. That was my first experience at LL.

I also gave up 2 spots last minute one year when my broken foot wasn't quite ready after having the cast removed the week before.

There is something to be said for going and enjoying the week, race or not, if you have the means to do so. Get all the outside distraction stuff out of the system for future years if this is going to be a yearly destination.
Braaaphole
7/24/2020 5:59pm
At the 63 ranking, you won't get a call to get in. However, by paying and showing up you greatly increase your odds. There may be 1 kid ahead of you at that point. All it takes is 1 kid to get hurt this week or in practice at the ranch.
Zoom
7/25/2020 6:19am
Alternates are allowed to practice on Monday with all the qualified racers. Entry fee is refunded if there is not an open spot.

Its a great experience and a lot of fun just being there. Take your swim suit and float down the river between motos if you dont make it.

When he does qualify he will already know what to expect when he gets there, whether its next year or down the rode a few years.
mx317
7/26/2020 2:21pm
Braaaphole wrote:
At the 63 ranking, you won't get a call to get in. However, by paying and showing up you greatly increase your odds. There may be...
At the 63 ranking, you won't get a call to get in. However, by paying and showing up you greatly increase your odds. There may be 1 kid ahead of you at that point. All it takes is 1 kid to get hurt this week or in practice at the ranch.
I looked and his ranking was much higher. There were 63 in his class at the regional. He was 3rd alternate.
sc961
7/27/2020 6:49am
If you haven't attended previously, I'd recommend you make a moto vacation and spend the week there race or not.

You'll see the best Am racers in the country, you and your family will get a vision into what things look and feel like, and it will prepare you for future trips if you plan to try again.

Most of all make sure you and your family enjoy the time there.

Post a reply to: Alternates for Loretta’s

The Latest