Alternates at Nationals.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/3/2020 10:23 AM

So on the Qualy feed, they said that Jordan Jarvis was 5th Alternate ( 9th in the LCQ) and got to ride, as 4 guys didnt start moto 2.. which is great for her , and i have no issue with that, them's the rules, and thats what you do.

However i am aware that a lot of Moto's dont start with a full grid, especially 2nd Moto's , so i can only assume that riders arent prepared to sit their on the off chance?

We have attended races where we were an alternate to even get a start, and and have had to sit in the box to see how many are in when the gate shuts..

And that begs the question , how did Dungey get to start that race late back at Millville, if he wasnt on the gate, shouldnt an alternate have been put in ?

|

10/3/2020 10:43 AM

Pulp mentioned it was a newer rule.

|

10/3/2020 11:07 AM

philG wrote:

So on the Qualy feed, they said that Jordan Jarvis was 5th Alternate ( 9th in the LCQ) and got to ride, as 4 guys didnt start moto 2.. which is great for her , and i have no issue with that, them's the rules, and thats what you do.

However i am aware that a lot of Moto's dont start with a full grid, especially 2nd Moto's , so i can only assume that riders arent prepared to sit their on the off chance?

We have attended races where we were an alternate to even get a start, and and have had to sit in the box to see how many are in when the gate shuts..

And that begs the question , how did Dungey get to start that race late back at Millville, if he wasnt on the gate, shouldnt an alternate have been put in ?

I think you meant Southwick. But I'm fairly sure the rider declines riding the 2nd moto (or 1st moto) well in advance of the start, and essentially "opts out". Once you're on the gate its a done deal.

|

10/3/2020 11:13 AM

Nairb#70 wrote:

I think you meant Southwick. But I'm fairly sure the rider declines riding the 2nd moto (or 1st moto) well in advance of the start, and essentially "opts out". Once you're on the gate its a done deal.

Just because I love this photo...

Photo

|

10/3/2020 11:22 AM

I believe the rule has changed in the past few years to allow alternates into the second motos. I believe back in 2011 they only allowed alternates for the first motos and whoever started the first motos were the only people able to start the second. I could be wrong, though.

|

10/3/2020 11:28 AM

i think alternates are only for the 1st moto, once the 1st moto is run there are no more alternates, for Dungey that was the 2nd moto and he barely made it, if Barcia had had of made 1 lap before Dungey entered the track he would not of been allowed to start

|

10/3/2020 11:30 AM

philG wrote:

So on the Qualy feed, they said that Jordan Jarvis was 5th Alternate ( 9th in the LCQ) and got to ride, as 4 guys didnt start moto 2.. which is great for her , and i have no issue with that, them's the rules, and thats what you do.

However i am aware that a lot of Moto's dont start with a full grid, especially 2nd Moto's , so i can only assume that riders arent prepared to sit their on the off chance?

We have attended races where we were an alternate to even get a start, and and have had to sit in the box to see how many are in when the gate shuts..

And that begs the question , how did Dungey get to start that race late back at Millville, if he wasnt on the gate, shouldnt an alternate have been put in ?

Nairb#70 wrote:

I think you meant Southwick. But I'm fairly sure the rider declines riding the 2nd moto (or 1st moto) well in advance of the start, and essentially "opts out". Once you're on the gate its a done deal.

aeffertz wrote:

Just because I love this photo...

Photo

Epic race. Metty won, Chad DNF’d both motos, mudder, Dunge’s charge

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

10/3/2020 11:32 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Just because I love this photo...

Photo

Just imagine watching it first hand!w00t w00t w00t people couldn't even believe their eyes

|

10/3/2020 11:40 AM

Even with all that , i still think there have been empty gate spots this year.

Its why we have a closed parc at races, and if you arent there in time, the alternate gets the start.

And agreed, the Dungey thing was epic, i wasnt 100% sure of the track, and totally forgot it was on the Suzuki

And respect to Jarvis for being there and being ready .

|

10/3/2020 11:52 AM

philG wrote:

Even with all that , i still think there have been empty gate spots this year.

Its why we have a closed parc at races, and if you arent there in time, the alternate gets the start.

And agreed, the Dungey thing was epic, i wasnt 100% sure of the track, and totally forgot it was on the Suzuki

And respect to Jarvis for being there and being ready .

Also, she finished 32nd in that moto.

|

10/3/2020 11:56 AM

I think if the alternates are there ready to take the spot on the line when someone does not show up they get in.

Great rule IMO

|

10/3/2020 4:21 PM

Agreed, it allows some privateers the chase to gain experience.

|

10/3/2020 4:47 PM

Nairb#70 wrote:

I think you meant Southwick. But I'm fairly sure the rider declines riding the 2nd moto (or 1st moto) well in advance of the start, and essentially "opts out". Once you're on the gate its a done deal.

aeffertz wrote:

Just because I love this photo...

Photo

Nairb#70 wrote:

Just imagine watching it first hand!w00t w00t w00t people couldn't even believe their eyes

Yup awesome race. Got great bleacher seats. They were empty. Only time I've ever gotten to sit in the bleachers at the Southwick National

|