Alta to enter Pro Endurocross Class

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2017 6:00 AM

No rider or riders named yet. It appears there is a partnership of some sorts with Endurocross (as a sponsor). Alta took a Vet class win last year with Kurt Nicoll behind the bars. This format is perfect for the Alta to show off it's benefits with no stalling, no clutch or shifting. No CC or homolgation rules so all different bike sizes go head to head.
http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/2413-alta-enter-electric-bike-in-endurocross-pro-class

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2017/07/31/motorcycle-news/alta-motors-joins-endurocross-partner-2017/

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/alta-motors-future-racing-endeavors/#sMot3RHk5f1C4y9t.97

http://www.cyclenews.com/2017/07/article/alta-motors-joins-endurocross-partner-2017/

Photo



Endurocross changed to an all new format this year also. Eric Perronard is actually doing the things we talk about in threads about changing Supercross.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/1/2017 7:04 AM

What changes are they making that have been suggested for SX. I didnt find any info on format changes. 1 class, graduated qualifying, qualifying points?

|

8/1/2017 7:46 AM

Cycle News Headlines after the first round:

"Rider X powers his way to electrifying win in Las Vegas"
OR
"Endurocross riders ready to re-Volt on Alta decision"

|

8/1/2017 8:06 AM

Hopefully they'll post the events to youtube or something. They have atrocious coverage for that sport.

|

8/1/2017 8:29 AM

Eric Perronard ahead of the curve and thinking out of the box? No way.. wink Almost everything the dude touches turns to gold

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/1/2017 8:38 AM

Cody Webb has been doing alot of riding with someone on an Alta. Wish I had been paying more attention pinch

|

8/1/2017 9:37 AM

What a shocker that would be if they get Cody! David Knight could likely be persuaded as well as far as ex champs go.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/1/2017 10:49 AM

early wrote:

What changes are they making that have been suggested for SX. I didnt find any info on format changes. 1 class, graduated qualifying, qualifying points?

* The top 8 in series standings are seeded into the night show. 5 others will qualify during the day.
* All 13 riders will run a "hot lap" for gate pick and 1 will be eliminated
* The top 12 compete in a bracket race where the top riders will race 3 times and earn 1 point for winning
* A "B" Main will have the remaining unseeded riders and the winner of the Vet class and the Amateur class with the top 2 advancing to the main
* The Final will be 14 laps with a "no joke lane" that must be completed once.
* One race result will be thrown out before the series final

http://www.dirtrider.com/2017-ama-endurocross-racing-format-and-class-updates

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/1/2017 10:51 AM

p0wn wrote:

Hopefully they'll post the events to youtube or something. They have atrocious coverage for that sport.

Agreed, this may be the most exciting 2.5 hours in Motorsports that nobody knows about.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/1/2017 10:53 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

What a shocker that would be if they get Cody! David Knight could likely be persuaded as well as far as ex champs go.

Cody isn't riding the Alta, it's someone he rides with. I think he's very happy with KTM and won't be changing teams any time soon.

It'd be hella cool if David Knight is their rider but I feel like I'd remember that name lol

|

8/1/2017 10:57 AM

early wrote:

What changes are they making that have been suggested for SX. I didnt find any info on format changes. 1 class, graduated qualifying, qualifying points?

Johnny Depp wrote:

* The top 8 in series standings are seeded into the night show. 5 others will qualify during the day.
* All 13 riders will run a "hot lap" for gate pick and 1 will be eliminated
* The top 12 compete in a bracket race where the top riders will race 3 times and earn 1 point for winning
* A "B" Main will have the remaining unseeded riders and the winner of the Vet class and the Amateur class with the top 2 advancing to the main
* The Final will be 14 laps with a "no joke lane" that must be completed once.
* One race result will be thrown out before the series final

http://www.dirtrider.com/2017-ama-endurocross-racing-format-and-class-updates

Nice! I like it except the no joke lane. Throw away better for EX than SX.

|

8/1/2017 1:07 PM

early wrote:

What changes are they making that have been suggested for SX. I didnt find any info on format changes. 1 class, graduated qualifying, qualifying points?

Johnny Depp wrote:

* The top 8 in series standings are seeded into the night show. 5 others will qualify during the day.
* All 13 riders will run a "hot lap" for gate pick and 1 will be eliminated
* The top 12 compete in a bracket race where the top riders will race 3 times and earn 1 point for winning
* A "B" Main will have the remaining unseeded riders and the winner of the Vet class and the Amateur class with the top 2 advancing to the main
* The Final will be 14 laps with a "no joke lane" that must be completed once.
* One race result will be thrown out before the series final

http://www.dirtrider.com/2017-ama-endurocross-racing-format-and-class-updates

early wrote:

Nice! I like it except the no joke lane. Throw away better for EX than SX.

early - what don't you like about the No Joke lane ?

|

8/1/2017 1:09 PM

Will electric make the trials bike world better?

|

8/1/2017 2:19 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Will electric make the trials bike world better?

The Osset
Photo
EM Electric Motion
Photo
Beta minis
[LINK TO IMAGE]

There are lots more, especially if you get into the "toy" market. The Torrot company that bought Gas Gas is another. Wrong thread though..
Photo

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/1/2017 2:21 PM

Very Cool! The bike is definitely capable. I wouldn't be surprised to see a younger "up and comer" on the bike. Possibly Ty Tremaine.

|

8/1/2017 5:32 PM

Not sure who the rider is, but this is a very fresh YouTube. What a beautiful setting for a Endurocross practice track.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/1/2017 5:51 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Will electric make the trials bike world better?

Johnny Depp wrote:

The Osset
Photo
EM Electric Motion
Photo
Beta minis
[LINK TO IMAGE]

There are lots more, especially if you get into the "toy" market. The Torrot company that bought Gas Gas is another. Wrong thread though..
Photo

Those Osset bikes are no joke. There is a video floating around of some highly skilled younger dude absolutely beating the snot out of one of those things inside some abandoned mansion or something and the bike doesn't skip a beat. Their price range is on point as well. The 24.0 pictured above is like $4500.00 brand new.

|

8/2/2017 5:44 PM

Figured I'd bump this, the rider is Mike Aranda

|

8/2/2017 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 7:50 PM

Good find Colintrax. I am not familiar with him, but he is on Alta's facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/altamotorsusa/photos/a.156082201136724.38254.151789398232671/1331788623566070/?type=3&theater

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/2/2017 7:32 PM

This is gonna be interesting.

|

8/2/2017 8:03 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Good find Colintrax. I am not familiar with him, but he is on Alta's facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/altamotorsusa/photos/a.156082201136724.38254.151789398232671/1331788623566070/?type=3&theater

I got connections grin

|

8/3/2017 10:05 AM

I saw the Alta's at a display at the World Trials championship round in Kingman, AZ this past weekend. One was in MX set-up, one was in Supermoto format& I don't remember the 3rd. They are finished very nicely....for some reason, & this is not meant as a negative, they reminded me if the Cannindale motorcycle from back in the early 2000's. Pretty big & stout, most if what appeared to be battery.

|