Alta -- Try one if you get the chance!

JM485
9/25/2018 12:26pm
xr70 wrote:
I am probably going to get lynched for this, but f it. This Alta reminds me of KTM experience. You buy that POS overpriced for a...
I am probably going to get lynched for this, but f it. This Alta reminds me of KTM experience. You buy that POS overpriced for a whole bunch of money, then you realize that the suspension sucks, so you put another $8k in the suspension and then you buy a whole bunch of other shit for it that you think it needs and by the time you realize it, you are into it for $25k. 6 months after that, you come to the conclusion that the thing is a POS anyway and you sell it and now your butt hurts because you lost a whole bunch of money. I think I will just stick with my Yamaha, which is a great bike to ride out of the box.

The Alta will out-turn any Yamaha right out of the box. I also don’t see where you’re getting that you need to buy a bunch of stuff to make the bike rideable, there was nothing grossely out of whack with the bike I test rode that I don’t think could be fixed with sag and clickers. I might want some different bars or something, but I’m kind of tall and that’s just par for the course. If you want to have an unpopular opinion that’s fine, but making things up isn’t an opinion.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
9/25/2018 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 12:34pm
I predict Alta Philishave Mealworm E-Racing will sign the son of Cristian Craig in 2030.
ChubbyCat113
9/25/2018 6:17pm
I rode one a Briarcliff a couple weeks ago. I only got to ride it in the field but it was SWEET! I had it on the 4th map and was at a high rate speed and it still pulled a wheelie with my fat 230lb ass on it. The guys I rode had a hand brake system on it and took the foot brake off. It just felt smooth and I think its even cooler that he doesn't have to worry about anything with his feet now lol I could see myself owning one in a couple years

The Shop

Fog 25
Fantasy
1312th
9/25/2018 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 7:18pm
xr70 wrote:
I am probably going to get lynched for this, but f it. This Alta reminds me of KTM experience. You buy that POS overpriced for a...
I am probably going to get lynched for this, but f it. This Alta reminds me of KTM experience. You buy that POS overpriced for a whole bunch of money, then you realize that the suspension sucks, so you put another $8k in the suspension and then you buy a whole bunch of other shit for it that you think it needs and by the time you realize it, you are into it for $25k. 6 months after that, you come to the conclusion that the thing is a POS anyway and you sell it and now your butt hurts because you lost a whole bunch of money. I think I will just stick with my Yamaha, which is a great bike to ride out of the box.

mikec265 wrote:
The suspension does suck on my MXR. But I am also 225 lbs, so every bike I buy needs suspension work anyhow. Spring forks would probably...
The suspension does suck on my MXR. But I am also 225 lbs, so every bike I buy needs suspension work anyhow. Spring forks would probably be better than the AER 48 air forks.
I will honestly say I have had new mid 2000's RMZs that had way more controllable suspension, even though I was too heavy for the stock settings.
This bike doesn't piss off my neighbors and I have ridden more on my new home track than in the last 10 years combined. I am glad I own one, even though it is not perfect. I would love to see 50,65,and 85cc bikes available for my kids that are competitive with the gas mx bikes.
Mikec265 N2Dirt can take care of the suspension for you. Has mine working Great ?
loftyair
9/25/2018 8:13pm
Im gonna put a dual left hand lever, one for rear brake, other is 'clutch', of some sort!

Post a reply to: Alta -- Try one if you get the chance!

The Latest