Alta Motors Signs Ty Tremaine to Race Endurocross

Related:
Create New Tag

12/21/2017 9:30 AM

|

12/21/2017 10:27 AM

This is very cool for everyone. Thought I kind of feel like this would be the style of racing hardest for them to compete in?

|

12/21/2017 10:43 AM

I think just the opposite; this is right up their alley. Instant torque, bike never stalls...

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/21/2017 12:48 PM

Maybe Alta could get the promoter to mellow out the track for Sunday demo rides!

|

12/21/2017 12:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 12:53 PM

Falcon wrote:

I think just the opposite; this is right up their alley. Instant torque, bike never stalls...

Yep, short races, all those short straights, obstacals and tight turns. Perfect environment.

|

12/21/2017 1:08 PM

May work good in Endurocross but for a long desert or hare scramble we will have to see. Im sure Alta has something brewing for longer battery life for a hour an half to two and half hour hare scrambles. Interesting to see how it goes.
We had Alta out at last years PCGP up here in NorCal using their bike as a hare for the pro class. Be exciting to see what event Ty will show up to this coming year.

|

CienaMedia.Co
Northern California
cienamediaco

12/21/2017 3:07 PM

yeah i figured trials is a lot to do with the clutch but maybe the crazy trq and learning precise throttle control can overturn that

|

12/21/2017 5:30 PM

A trials bike is probably the most 'electric' you can make a dirtbike (that isn't electric).

|

12/21/2017 5:30 PM

Falcon wrote:

what about the clutch?. Its massive thing in slow technical riding like endurocross. Not sure how you'd go through matrix with no clutch.

Will be interesting to see how he goes

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

12/21/2017 5:37 PM

Falcon wrote:

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

what about the clutch?. Its massive thing in slow technical riding like endurocross. Not sure how you'd go through matrix with no clutch.

You don't need it with the electric bikes, the only thing you need a clutch for on a gas bike is to transmit torque in a way that won't stall out the engine. With electric, max torque is made at 0 rpm, so if you need to loft that front wheel you just twist the throttle farther. After riding one briefly, I think these are the perfect endurocross weapon since there is so much less to worry about, the last thing I want to deal with on an endurocross track is constantly covering the clutch, which is why I run a recluse. With the Alta there's no need to cover a clutch and no need to shift, it's a win-win.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/21/2017 5:54 PM

JM485 wrote:

You don't need it with the electric bikes, the only thing you need a clutch for on a gas bike is to transmit torque in a way that won't stall out the engine. With electric, max torque is made at 0 rpm, so if you need to loft that front wheel you just twist the throttle farther. After riding one briefly, I think these are the perfect endurocross weapon since there is so much less to worry about, the last thing I want to deal with on an endurocross track is constantly covering the clutch, which is why I run a recluse. With the Alta there's no need to cover a clutch and no need to shift, it's a win-win.

I struggle to see how you would do the more advanced trials techniques such as double blip and splat without a clutch. I would love to have a ride on one to see. Im talking more than simply popping the front wheel over a log. Will have to wait and see some videos of him on it.

Do you have the full auto rekcluse or the version where you still have a useable clutch?

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

12/21/2017 6:41 PM

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

12/22/2017 8:18 AM

JM485 wrote:

I struggle to see how you would do the more advanced trials techniques such as double blip and splat without a clutch. I would love to have a ride on one to see. Im talking more than simply popping the front wheel over a log. Will have to wait and see some videos of him on it.

Do you have the full auto rekcluse or the version where you still have a useable clutch?

I still have a usable clutch, and to be honest 99% of the time I ride like the recluse isn't even in there. However, in those times that you need it it's a life saver once you learn to use it effectively. Think of it like how you learned to use a standard clutch effectively in different situations, it's the same with the rekluse, you're just using a different type of clutch but still learning to maximize what it can do. That's why I don't like when people claim it's a handicap, it isn't, it's just another tool you have to learn to use correctly for maximum benefit. I imagine the electric bikes are the same way, different method of power delivery, but once you learn to use it effectively it can be a major advantage.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/22/2017 9:33 AM

I see more advanced Moto techniques than advanced Trials techniques in Endurocross these days. Like JM485 said, the clutch is only needed to get the right torque, from what I understand the Alta has all the torque you need anytime you want it.

Tremaine is gonna be just fine on the Alta...hell there is a decent shot he might just deliver them their first major championship.

|

12/22/2017 10:41 AM

What type of weight disadvantage do you think they will have in race form?

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

12/24/2017 2:58 AM

LungButter wrote:

I see more advanced Moto techniques than advanced Trials techniques in Endurocross these days. Like JM485 said, the clutch is only needed to get the right torque, from what I understand the Alta has all the torque you need anytime you want it.

Tremaine is gonna be just fine on the Alta...hell there is a decent shot he might just deliver them their first major championship.

Hmm must be watching different endurox than me.

both colton and webb are high level trials experts and show this in their riding.

Advanced trials techniques like a splat or double blip are both used heaps in enduro x. Both require an actual clutch and not just a super reactive throttle like your talking about. Again I would have to see someone do these techniques on one before I believe it.

|

12/26/2017 9:55 AM

With Nate Adams in Freestyle Alta is starting to get out there. I would love to see MS27 line up at A1 on one.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

12/26/2017 2:11 PM

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

12/28/2017 1:51 AM

Yeah on a mx track. wheres the endurocross action

|