Alta Motors Signs Ty Tremaine to Race Endurocross

endurox
12/21/2017 9:30am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2017 9:31am
|
mx617
12/21/2017 10:27am
This is very cool for everyone. Thought I kind of feel like this would be the style of racing hardest for them to compete in?
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
12/21/2017 10:43am
I think just the opposite; this is right up their alley. Instant torque, bike never stalls...
endurox
12/21/2017 12:48pm
Maybe Alta could get the promoter to mellow out the track for Sunday demo rides!
144rider
12/21/2017 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2017 12:53pm
Falcon wrote:
I think just the opposite; this is right up their alley. Instant torque, bike never stalls...
Yep, short races, all those short straights, obstacals and tight turns. Perfect environment.

The Shop

moto711
12/21/2017 1:08pm
May work good in Endurocross but for a long desert or hare scramble we will have to see. Im sure Alta has something brewing for longer battery life for a hour an half to two and half hour hare scrambles. Interesting to see how it goes.
We had Alta out at last years PCGP up here in NorCal using their bike as a hare for the pro class. Be exciting to see what event Ty will show up to this coming year.
hyler199
12/21/2017 3:07pm
yeah i figured trials is a lot to do with the clutch but maybe the crazy trq and learning precise throttle control can overturn that
Ebs
12/21/2017 5:30pm
A trials bike is probably the most 'electric' you can make a dirtbike (that isn't electric).
12/21/2017 5:30pm
Falcon wrote:
what about the clutch?. Its massive thing in slow technical riding like endurocross. Not sure how you'd go through matrix with no clutch.

Will be interesting to see how he goes
JM485
12/21/2017 5:37pm
Falcon wrote:
what about the clutch?. Its massive thing in slow technical riding like endurocross. Not sure how you'd go through matrix with no clutch. Will be interesting...
what about the clutch?. Its massive thing in slow technical riding like endurocross. Not sure how you'd go through matrix with no clutch.

Will be interesting to see how he goes
You don't need it with the electric bikes, the only thing you need a clutch for on a gas bike is to transmit torque in a way that won't stall out the engine. With electric, max torque is made at 0 rpm, so if you need to loft that front wheel you just twist the throttle farther. After riding one briefly, I think these are the perfect endurocross weapon since there is so much less to worry about, the last thing I want to deal with on an endurocross track is constantly covering the clutch, which is why I run a recluse. With the Alta there's no need to cover a clutch and no need to shift, it's a win-win.
12/21/2017 5:54pm
JM485 wrote:
You don't need it with the electric bikes, the only thing you need a clutch for on a gas bike is to transmit torque in a...
You don't need it with the electric bikes, the only thing you need a clutch for on a gas bike is to transmit torque in a way that won't stall out the engine. With electric, max torque is made at 0 rpm, so if you need to loft that front wheel you just twist the throttle farther. After riding one briefly, I think these are the perfect endurocross weapon since there is so much less to worry about, the last thing I want to deal with on an endurocross track is constantly covering the clutch, which is why I run a recluse. With the Alta there's no need to cover a clutch and no need to shift, it's a win-win.
I struggle to see how you would do the more advanced trials techniques such as double blip and splat without a clutch. I would love to have a ride on one to see. Im talking more than simply popping the front wheel over a log. Will have to wait and see some videos of him on it.

Do you have the full auto rekcluse or the version where you still have a useable clutch?
JM485
12/22/2017 8:18am
JM485 wrote:
You don't need it with the electric bikes, the only thing you need a clutch for on a gas bike is to transmit torque in a...
I struggle to see how you would do the more advanced trials techniques such as double blip and splat without a clutch. I would love to...
I struggle to see how you would do the more advanced trials techniques such as double blip and splat without a clutch. I would love to have a ride on one to see. Im talking more than simply popping the front wheel over a log. Will have to wait and see some videos of him on it.

Do you have the full auto rekcluse or the version where you still have a useable clutch?
I still have a usable clutch, and to be honest 99% of the time I ride like the recluse isn't even in there. However, in those times that you need it it's a life saver once you learn to use it effectively. Think of it like how you learned to use a standard clutch effectively in different situations, it's the same with the rekluse, you're just using a different type of clutch but still learning to maximize what it can do. That's why I don't like when people claim it's a handicap, it isn't, it's just another tool you have to learn to use correctly for maximum benefit. I imagine the electric bikes are the same way, different method of power delivery, but once you learn to use it effectively it can be a major advantage.
LungButter
12/22/2017 9:33am
I see more advanced Moto techniques than advanced Trials techniques in Endurocross these days. Like JM485 said, the clutch is only needed to get the right torque, from what I understand the Alta has all the torque you need anytime you want it.

Tremaine is gonna be just fine on the Alta...hell there is a decent shot he might just deliver them their first major championship.
12/24/2017 2:58am
LungButter wrote:
I see more advanced Moto techniques than advanced Trials techniques in Endurocross these days. Like JM485 said, the clutch is only needed to get the right...
I see more advanced Moto techniques than advanced Trials techniques in Endurocross these days. Like JM485 said, the clutch is only needed to get the right torque, from what I understand the Alta has all the torque you need anytime you want it.

Tremaine is gonna be just fine on the Alta...hell there is a decent shot he might just deliver them their first major championship.
Hmm must be watching different endurox than me.

both colton and webb are high level trials experts and show this in their riding.

Advanced trials techniques like a splat or double blip are both used heaps in enduro x. Both require an actual clutch and not just a super reactive throttle like your talking about. Again I would have to see someone do these techniques on one before I believe it.
Johnny Depp
12/26/2017 9:55am
With Nate Adams in Freestyle Alta is starting to get out there. I would love to see MS27 line up at A1 on one.
12/28/2017 1:51am
Yeah on a mx track. wheres the endurocross action

Post a reply to: Alta Motors Signs Ty Tremaine to Race Endurocross

The Latest