Alta DEMO Day in Ohio

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2018 12:24 PM

Just wanted to share this, as I believe its the first time anyone living in or near Ohio will have a chance to test ride an Alta. I have never been to MX Express, but youtube vids make it look like a pretty nice, safe, but fun track.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

4/10/2018 12:45 PM

Mx Express is a awesome track to ride. Really fun and sandy. We try to go once a month since it’s about 2hrs away

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

4/10/2018 1:06 PM

I hope to be there, 25 minutes from my house.

Track is a fun track, not huge but is pretty good. Dirt is real good.

|

4/10/2018 1:10 PM

Dang thats a far drive from mansfield

|

4/10/2018 2:50 PM

Looks like if it's a rider's first time there that between membership fee, practice fee and gate fee... the total for that 1st day would be $55 ?

|

4/10/2018 5:17 PM

kb228 wrote:

Dang thats a far drive from mansfield

3 hrs for me so pretty decent drive. Be worth it tho to test the Alta. Been really wanting to try it

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

4/10/2018 5:18 PM

mooch wrote:

Looks like if it's a rider's first time there that between membership fee, practice fee and gate fee... the total for that 1st ...more

Yea it looks like it. Pricey but again worth it to test Alta IMO

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

4/11/2018 6:54 AM

as much as im dying to ride one. Im not even wasting my time. If its first come first serve there's a chance you'll be spending a day there without actually getting any real seat time. They haven't announced how many bikes they will have but the dealership their using currently only has one. Consider they won't be swapping batteries. So they'll be considerable downtime waiting for it to charge. Now maybe only 5 or so people will show. But, if my facebook feed is any indication you could have 30 or more people there wanting to ride it.

|

4/11/2018 7:13 AM

Photo

Photo

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

4/11/2018 7:26 AM

Muezh wrote:

as much as im dying to ride one. Im not even wasting my time. If its first come first serve there's a chance you'll be ...more

Based on what they said on facebook, my guess is they will have 3 and will only run one at a time. Lets say they give 2 laps per person (typical of all demo days iv been to), that would be about 3 mins or so per person. Bike will last 30 mins on charge lets say, that will give 10 people per bike. If they have 3 bikes, they will have 1.5 hrs worth of time (about 30 ppl worth). If they start charging the 1st bike immediately after it dies it will have a full hr of charge before the 3rd bike dies. So take a 30 min break will all bikes on charger. Bike 1 will be full, bike 2 will have an hr of charge, and bike 3 will have 0.5 hrs. By the time bike 1 dies again, bike 2 will be fully charged, bike 3 will have an hr charge. by time bike 2 runs out, bike 3 will be full, bike 1 will have 30 mins of charge.

see what I'm getting at....

Should have no issue at least getting 2 laps on, so gotta deciede if 2 laps is worth your time or not.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

4/11/2018 7:35 AM

Riding the MXR is worth a long drive and a day at the track. Enjoy!

MXR Owner

|

4/11/2018 7:42 AM

Exactly what I’m getting at. Yea. Not worth the time right now for me. Maybe if I didn’t have anything going on. Cool. Spend a day at the track and hang out with Moto friends.

I signed up for an Alta test ride on the website last fall. I’d rather wait to see if Championship Powersports (dealer that is supplying the bikes) will be doing private test rides soon.

Either way. I hope you guys going have your Go Pros charged and post some reviews on here. I can’t wait to read them.

|

4/11/2018 7:45 AM

Holigan wrote:

MXR Owner

I can foresee myself buying one soon. My local track I help out at here in Michigan was basically shut down by neighbors (we can only have 5 rides a year) because of noise. And on those days no riding after 6 pm. This bike opens up. 365 days and sun up to sun down riding.

|

4/11/2018 7:46 AM

Muezh wrote:

Exactly what I’m getting at. Yea. Not worth the time right now for me. Maybe if I didn’t have anything going on. Cool. Spend a ...more

I was planning on it. Not sure if my local C class racer opinion really matters to most, but will post it anyways, along with a gopro vid lol

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

4/11/2018 8:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2018 8:45 AM

billyp330 wrote:

I was planning on it. Not sure if my local C class racer opinion really matters to most, but will post it anyways, along with ...more

sure it does matters. Probably even more so. It’s guys like you and I that will be buying these bikes.

Oh and since you’ve never been. You should really think about going on Saturday to ride the track. It only sits on 5 acres or so but is super fun and safe. Great dirt that ruts and berms up nice. Get a hotel and stay over or motorhome it maybe. There’s a Days Inn right next to the track. 3hrs is a hike back and forth and you won’t get to enjoy the track as much Sunday.

|

4/11/2018 8:47 AM

Holigan wrote:

MXR Owner

Muezh wrote:

I can foresee myself buying one soon. My local track I help out at here in Michigan was basically shut down by neighbors (we ...more

I will be building a track on 50 acres between two apartment projects, a senior living complex and a forest preserve with walking trails. I got the Alta so I would not get in trouble with the neighbors and be able to keep the track in my backyard, but was surprised to find the bike is awesome. I hope to see places like yours get back to being open as much as the track owner wants.

Be careful with a test ride. It will make a an owner out of you.

|

4/11/2018 8:55 AM

Muezh wrote:

Exactly what I’m getting at. Yea. Not worth the time right now for me. Maybe if I didn’t have anything going on. Cool. Spend a ...more

billyp330 wrote:

I was planning on it. Not sure if my local C class racer opinion really matters to most, but will post it anyways, along with ...more

thanks for posting , going to try to be there ...

|

4/11/2018 9:22 AM

Holigan wrote:

I will be building a track on 50 acres between two apartment projects, a senior living complex and a forest preserve with ...more

That’s fantastic to hear!

No problem. I’m about ready to be and owner. Only issue now is finding a new house with about 5 acres to build a nice track on for it.

|

4/11/2018 11:02 AM

Muezh wrote:

sure it does matters. Probably even more so. It’s guys like you and I that will be buying these bikes.

Oh and since you’ve ...more

Yea I am hoping I can go Saturday and stay the night, either at the track or somewhere near by so I can check out the track on my own bike first. It does look like a really fun track.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000