Alpinestars Tech 7

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2017 4:13 AM

Anyone wearing newer Tech 7s??? Just wondering how much (if any) heel lift would be considered normal? Just got a new pair and have a bit of heel lift. But I can't size down because next size boot is too small. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

|

12/1/2017 4:23 AM

Yep. Theyre absolute garbage. Went through 2 sets. Went and bought SG12s. Same went for my brother

|

12/1/2017 4:44 AM

I haven't had any issues with heal lift. Mine fit perfect. Depending on the shape of your foot, some boots will fit better then others. I have about a season and a half on mine and they have held up great

|

12/1/2017 5:08 AM

Dunno if I can go back to sg12....soooooo much heavier!! But yea my tech7’s are toast

|

12/1/2017 9:16 AM

This is the boot I wear now in my old and washed up days. I don't need the super support of Tech 10 and I like the weight factor. I do work with Alpinestars so I am probably biased but I like this boot.

|

12/1/2017 9:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2017 9:38 AM

I tried the 7's after wearing the 8's for years. I couldn't find the shifter for the life of me, started trying different levers and moving it up and down on the spline, finally said fuckit and went back to tech 8's. I think it's because the toe area is low and tapered like a ballet shoe or something, I hated them. Plus the soles seem to wear out really fast. I know some guys who swear by SG12's but I was so used to the tech 8's I decided to just stick with what works for me.

|

12/1/2017 10:05 AM

I love mine, I've had them for 2 years and I ride just about every weekend. Sole is getting a little worn but no other issues. So damn comfortable.

|

12/1/2017 10:44 AM

The Tech7's are awesome- especially if you aren't a fan of the inner bootie(!), or have bigger feet.

Most people can ride the Tech7 straight out of the box, as they have a much shorter break-in period than the Tech10.

The soles are replaceable, just send them in. Do not let them get too far gone!

It is a much lighter boot, with a smaller overall profile than the Tech10.

I race in a Tech10, but wear a Tech7 normally.

...But I too, am a little biasedcool

|

Straight Outta Compression