Alpinestars SM8 helmet

Related:
Create New Tag

1/15/2019 8:13 AM

Can someone tell me how it is different than the SM10 other than the price?

|

1/15/2019 8:18 AM

aroark247 wrote:

Can someone tell me how it is different than the SM10 other than the price?

It's a different shell material. It's a bit cheaper to produce but a little heavier (thus the cheaper price).

|

1/15/2019 8:38 AM

The only differences are there is approximately 30% less carbon in the shell, it doesn’t come with a spare visor, and it doesn’t come with a fancy helmet bag. Otherwise all the safety features, interior, etc are identical. I haven’t personally weighed them side by side but I’ve beem told it’s about .2lb heavier. I’ll have them on a scale this week though and I’ll post what I find.

|

1/15/2019 12:48 PM

I'm very interested in getting one. Question - Does Alpinestars have a refurb or replacement program like 6D or Bell? As I draw very near to paying actual retail for a top notch lid I want to know that i can afford to crash and replace it.

|

1/15/2019 12:55 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

I'm very interested in getting one. Question - Does Alpinestars have a refurb or replacement program like 6D or Bell? As I draw very near to paying actual retail for a top notch lid I want to know that i can afford to crash and replace it.

Pretty sure Keefer still has 20% off on 6D helmets fyi. Google it and you should be able to find one of his old tweets with the code.

|

1/15/2019 1:43 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

There isn’t a replacement program.

|

1/15/2019 1:50 PM

I absolutely love my SM10.. grips my head perfectly.. no crash test reports yet, thankfully grin

|