Alpinestars Gear

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2018 9:43 AM

Is it just me or does it seem like Alpinestars isn't getting a good return on their investment in sponsoring moto riders? They have factory KTM, Tomac, Barcia, Anderson, I mean a huge portion or the top guys this year and yet I almost never see anyone wearing their gear at the local tracks. The moto boots and street bike gear is a different story obviously, but lately Fly, Fasthouse, TLD, Shift, and Alias seem to be a majority of what I see at the tracks and Moose, Thor, Klim, and Fly are what I see most of in the offroad community.

I also wonder about the quality of their gear. The last set of tech 10s I bought fell apart on me after only a few rides. Since then Sidi has been able to hook me it up with some of their top of the line boots and they absolutely blow away the tech 10s in every way. I've heard Gaerne has much higher quality boots as well. Do their pants and jerseys compare to the more high end brands that seem to put more thought and effort into their product? (Fasthouse and Klim come to mind here, Fly also seems to have gotten much better in quality than in years past while Thor seems to have gone the opposite way)

|

5/21/2018 10:06 AM

I may be on wrong on this but I don't think Astars is too concerned with how much gear they sell. They're in the market of protection and if I'm not mistaken the gear is just to get their logos visible as most of the protective pieces they sell aren't able to be seen.

Like I said I may be completely wrong on this.

|

5/21/2018 10:11 AM

I suspect its because major online retailers (RM, etc) and dealers don't really stock them. I think you have to order them directly from Astars. They also have a premium price.

|

5/21/2018 10:12 AM

Weren’t they not even selling gear in the USA until recently? I seem to recall people having to buy it from UK distributors. I would like a set, but after getting 2 sets of Alias recently, I’m pretty hooked on that stuff now.

|

5/21/2018 10:17 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

I may be on wrong on this but I don't think Astars is too concerned with how much gear they sell. They're in the market of ...more

Ah ok, this actually makes a lot of sense now

|

5/21/2018 10:18 AM

Ive been eyeballing their gear. Alpinestars’ quality shouldnt be in question. Theyre a phenominal company. Ive never seen anyone but tomac in person wear their gear tho.

|

5/21/2018 10:43 AM

CoorsLightKuhry loves his Astars gear!

|

5/21/2018 1:13 PM

Their gear line is still emerging into the US market, but it's already quite popular in Europe. I have a friend who works for Alpinestars in The Netherlands as a dealer sales rep, and the pics he sends me of his dealers displays are rather impressive. How many dealers here in the US do you see stocking this kind of inventory?? Not many anymore (sadly)..

Photo Photo
Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

5/21/2018 1:21 PM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Ok, who is he?? I see him all over IG at local tracks and hanging with some people I know, but I have no idea who he is.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/21/2018 1:24 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Their gear line is still emerging into the US market, but it's already quite popular in Europe. I have a friend who works for ...more

Wow! Not even iron pony in ohio has that kind of selection & its supposed to be the biggest in the region or something.

|

5/21/2018 1:40 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Their gear line is still emerging into the US market, but it's already quite popular in Europe. I have a friend who works for ...more

Would love to go shopping there.

|

5/21/2018 2:10 PM

Alpinestars is probably the biggest brand in Finland 2018.

I see their 2018 gear everywhere.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

5/21/2018 2:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2018 2:31 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Yeah dealers have pretty much stopped stocking gear at this point. I don’t have any problem with it to be honest, prefer getting it online and at least 50% of dealers I go to seem to have no idea what theyre talking about anyways

|

5/21/2018 2:42 PM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Hahaha

|

5/21/2018 2:51 PM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Ok, who is he?? I see him all over IG at local tracks and hanging with some people I know, but I have no idea who he is.

Vet ripper / Donn Maeda's pool man / #420blaze / rad old dude / pounds coors lights on the daily / overall happy go lucky guy who fricken eats,sleeps,breaths, and sweats motocross / Won a new Tacoma in a TWMXRS raffle

|

5/21/2018 3:21 PM

I hated it a couple years ago, but now I think it’s bad ass. I also like that not that many guys run it. But I have been seeing more lately. It’s nice stuff. Photo

|

5/21/2018 3:39 PM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Vet ripper / Donn Maeda's pool man / #420blaze / rad old dude / pounds coors lights on the daily / overall happy go lucky guy ...more

I always see pictures of his bikes with the Coors Light graphics haha. He seems like a good dude. Hopefully one of these days I'll get down that way to ride and meet a bunch of you guys.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/21/2018 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2018 8:25 PM

It used to not be available because Alpinestars and Thor were both big parts of Parts Unlimited and A-stars would take market share from Thor, if I recall correctly. That's all changed now.

|

5/22/2018 1:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2018 1:18 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

It used to not be available because Alpinestars and Thor were both big parts of Parts Unlimited and A-stars would take market ...more

Correct... Alpinestars is one of several major moto brands to end their long time exclusivity with Parts Unlimited for distribution in the US (not sure about other markets)... WPS is now the distributor for AStars - however I can't remember if the deal includes the gear line??? For some reason I thought I recall that it's mostly for boots, protective line like neck braces, and a few other product segments; but not gear and I'm not sure about their upcoming helmet.. Anyone know??

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

5/22/2018 5:13 AM

Boy has two pair, he loves them. Ordered straight from a* got them with in a few days off ordering. Very happy with them.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

5/22/2018 9:04 AM

Alpinestars will sell their helmets at least through Parts Unlimited as a portion of their protective line.(maybe WPS will too)

I've had at length conversations with my Parts Unlimited rep and WPS and Alpinestars representatives directly.

The Alpinestars rep literally told me they don't care about selling their mx gear in the U.S. I called him out and told him that sounds like a load of B.S.

I then presented him with the facts of them signing some of the largest U.S. talent with Tomac, Barcia, (then) Tickle, and acquiring Anderson. After some lengthy discussion he said "well there is a possibilty in the future for distributors" but remained adamant that the gear market is not the goal (bullshit)

|

5/22/2018 9:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2018 9:21 AM

US riders and companies still drive European sales, why you see so much FOX in the GPs, like hole shot award. So might be a little bit of bullshit but having top US talent in their gear helps them sell gear in Europe.

|

5/22/2018 9:29 AM

aroark247 wrote:

Alpinestars will sell their helmets at least through Parts Unlimited as a portion of their protective line.(maybe WPS will ...more

There are a lot of big picture things that you're not accounting for here. They sponsor F1 and NASCAR and all sorts of avenues that aren't directly applicable to a product line. They seem to truly believe in global branding en masse. I have a feeling if they wanted to in the the US gear market, they would be right this very second. Jeopardizing their position in the boot market would seem to be the most important factor in any decision.

|

5/22/2018 9:54 AM

Jt$ wrote:

There are a lot of big picture things that you're not accounting for here. They sponsor F1 and NASCAR and all sorts of avenues ...more

True about the brand but they do sell a line of driving suits, shoes, gloves. Lotta karting kids look up to the stars so Im sure they get a little return on the MILLIONS spent in top auto racing serieswhistling whistling

|

5/22/2018 10:09 AM

mauidex wrote:

True about the brand but they do sell a line of driving suits, shoes, gloves. Lotta karting kids look up to the stars so Im ...more

That's fair.

|

5/22/2018 10:33 AM

aroark247 wrote:

Alpinestars will sell their helmets at least through Parts Unlimited as a portion of their protective line.(maybe WPS will ...more

Jt$ wrote:

There are a lot of big picture things that you're not accounting for here. They sponsor F1 and NASCAR and all sorts of avenues ...more

Per Gabriel's own words, every dollar made from motocross gear goes right back into rider contracts and development. As you said, it's just a way for them to get the brand more visible, protection sales are the priority.

|

5/22/2018 10:59 AM

I ended up buying AStars Racer tactical when my shift gear failed. Paid just shy of 180$CDN for the pants+jerseys, Pants are holding up pretty well with my mobius braces underneath, jersey is breathable but i ripped it on a tree on the first harescramble i did, my fault tho.

very nice gear.

|

2002 KX125 (SOLD)/2001 KX250 (SOLD)
1999 KX250 (SOLD)
2016 RM-Z250(SOLD)
2018 KTM 150XC-W(current)

5/22/2018 11:22 AM

Jt$ wrote:

Jt step back from your position with WPS/FLY, and look at it from a consumer's pov. I do get what you're saying, but from our point of view it looks like they have been intentionally building demand over every year since the beginning of this decade, by adding high profile guys to the roster year after year.

It has been long enough that people have almost been ingrained that A-stars boots will go with anything regardless if your dawning them head to toe or not.

|

5/22/2018 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2018 1:38 PM

aroark247 wrote:

Jt step back from your position with WPS/FLY, and look at it from a consumer's pov. I do get what you're saying, but from our ...more

I hear you and trust me, it's something I have thought about A LOT concerning FLY's market etc. I also act as the liaison with Alpinestars and their partnership with WPS so I am intertwined into this every way from Sunday. TIme will tell I suppose, right? I have learned a lot in working with them.

|

5/22/2018 1:36 PM

Can you guys compare the fit of the current alpinestars gear to any other mainstream brands? For example, does it fit like fox 360, tighter, baggier, are you the same size jersey in this gear as other gear?

|