Alpinestars

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2018 8:34 PM

Has anyone ever had to deal with them? Or have any issues, I’ve been trying to contact them with no luck. Got a pair of Tech 10’s that are 6 months old. I only get ride 4 times a month if I’m lucky sometimes more. The inside of the boots that contact the frame are giving out.
Photo

Photo

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

2/18/2018 8:35 PM

Good luck.

|

2/18/2018 8:58 PM

49weasel wrote:

Good luck.

That’s what I was worried about lol might have to go back to gaerne. Having a heck of problem with EVS also on sending my braces in for a refurb

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

2/18/2018 9:05 PM

|

2/18/2018 10:50 PM

Look like they have just worn through, what do you have on the frame? Sandpaper?

|

2/18/2018 11:06 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Look like they have just worn through, what do you have on the frame? Sandpaper?

Looks like he was using some type of grip tape for sure

|

2/18/2018 11:14 PM

Less than 20 hours on my pair of Tech 7s and soles are shredded. 2 others in our group have the same boots with same results, only in different locations. One in the same area as O/P, but not quite like that. Sure grip tape had some say in the matter.

|

2/18/2018 11:38 PM

Bennett59 wrote:

Has anyone ever had to deal with them? Or have any issues, I’ve been trying to contact them with no luck. Got a pair of Tech 10’s that are 6 months old. I only get ride 4 times a month if I’m lucky sometimes more. The inside of the boots that contact the frame are giving out.
Photo

Photo

Those aren’t giving out. They’re worn through from grip tape or some other abrasive surface as others have said

|

2/19/2018 12:10 AM

Those are not "giving out". Those are worn through, do you use grip tape on the frame?

|

2/19/2018 2:56 AM

The frame doesnt do that dude. Ive had the same boots for like 4 or 5 years and theyre perfectly fine. And theyre cheap ass icon boots. Not even close to tech 10s.

|

2/19/2018 3:05 AM

Looks to me like you had a slice there, along with some wear.

|

2/19/2018 3:43 AM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Looks to me like you had a slice there, along with some wear.

That’s what I’m saying. That’s a cut from a foot peg or other sharp corner with extreme wear around it. Can’t expect them to replace operator failure based items.

|

2/19/2018 4:58 AM

sorry but I use stock foot pegs and there not that sharp and I don’t see how my foot pegs would come into contact right there. That’s both right and left boot. I use a light grip tape that I have always used my last pair of boots where SG10 I had for 4-5 years and the only reason I got new boots is the ankle support gave out and it hurt to ride in them anymore. After every weekend I scrub them down and clean them not like I just neglect them.

|

Thank you,

2/19/2018 5:05 AM

I've had the same luck with my Tech 5s, only had them for a month and the outerlayer is peeling up next to my big toe on my left side, I've rode in them 3 times, not any kind of Tech 10s but my $100 Fly beater boots lasted better with two seasons of hare scrambles.

|

2/19/2018 6:23 AM

I've never had a pair of Alpinestars soles last long enough to wear out the top lol. But, they did re-sole the last pair of tech 10s that I had, at no charge. I have used Sidi and Gaerne since, with good results from both.

|

2/19/2018 7:12 AM

I’m not looking for free boots or anything like that which some have implied, love the boots comfortable seem to really protect my foot. I need good ankle support from a long time ago when I was on the pegs wrong and broke both my ankles. I just don’t want to drop another $600 on another pair if they tend to split. I went to Alpinestars Tech 10 cause of the price I was able to get at the time on them new.

|

Thank you,

2/19/2018 7:28 AM

Send an e-mail to Ryan Mizushima at customer.us4@alpinestars.com. He will get back to you quickly as to if they can be fixed or what they can do for you.

|

2/19/2018 8:02 AM

That area of tech 10's wear fast, but it does not affect anything. Even if the rubber cuts all the way through it is fine. The rubber shield only needs to be replaced when you wear a big hole through it and then the boot underneath starts to wear. I got both of mine replaced for $135. I called alpine stars and got a contact.

|

2/19/2018 8:24 AM

Man I have the same issue I bout mine in the summer of 2017 and I don’t run any grip tape on my frame and mine got pretty messed up. My dealer said Astars would take the boots and repair it for like $60 but honestly I’m gonna get some Sidi or Gaerne boots. Just don’t like the fact that $600 boots wear out after half a season. Photo

Photo

|

2/19/2018 8:28 AM

Most of my riding buddies have switched to Sidi and Gaerne from Alpinestar because of the quality issues. It would seem Alpinestar are not what they once where. My Tech 8's are crap but I am liking my Tech 10's so far.

|

2/19/2018 8:46 AM

I had a set of tech 10's lasted 6 months, waste of money, they're not made in Italy anymore

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

2/19/2018 11:19 AM

Well glad to know I was not the only one, my brother wears Sidi but he’s sponsored and he rides a whole lot and they seem to hold up great.

|

Thank you,

2/19/2018 12:41 PM

Bennett59 wrote:

Photo

Photo

Looks like wear and tear. What are you trying to get out of A-Stars? I doubt they'll send you a free pair of tech 10s. Go with Gaerne SG12s next time. The best boots I've ever owned.

|

2/19/2018 12:47 PM

My tech 7's looked like that after just one race. Minus the hole. But the whole side "grip pattern" on the boot was totally worn off already.

|

2/19/2018 12:54 PM

That's why I use Sidi smile

|

2/19/2018 3:10 PM

Bennett59 wrote:

Photo

Photo

mxjon454 wrote:

Looks like wear and tear. What are you trying to get out of A-Stars? I doubt they'll send you a free pair of tech 10s. Go with Gaerne SG12s next time. The best boots I've ever owned.

Not looking for a Free pair boots I was seeing if this commen issue and if it could be repaired if they offered a refurb service. Didn’t come on here with my hand out, as I have stated I had Sg10 before this they where good boots lasted a long time. I tried a pair of Sg12 and the foot felt really wide and I felt restricted in my up and down movement had a hard time getting a feel on the shifter and brake.

|

Thank you,

2/19/2018 5:53 PM

Just because the rubber shield wears does not mean the boots are junk. It’s just a replaceable rubber shield. I’ve had sg12’s before and you can barely feel the pegs, shifter, or brake. The toe box and sole are hard as a rock. Sidi’s feel skinny, pinch the top of my ankle, and look awkward. I have not tried instincts. If you can get over the replaceable rubber shield wearing then the tech 10 is the best boot out there.

|

2/19/2018 6:08 PM

So did you email Ryan?

|

2/19/2018 6:50 PM

Best fix.........Buy some Sidi's!!!!

|

2/19/2018 8:46 PM

Spooner wrote:

So did you email Ryan?

Yes but it was later today when I was able to email him. Thanks

|

Thank you,