Allowable contact on track between racers

TeeJay54
4/6/2020 1:16pm
BobbyM wrote:
You can't possibly be as stupid as you sound... No way.
TeeJay54 wrote:
Skiz, one more thought. Here's a lesson in the definition of what an INFORMED opinion is or isn't: your snarky criticism of BobbyM. If you were...
Skiz, one more thought. Here's a lesson in the definition of what an INFORMED opinion is or isn't: your snarky criticism of BobbyM. If you were informed, you would know that his opinion on accepting the inherent dangers of our sport and it's potential consequences deserves an IMMENSE level of respect.
skiz wrote:
snarky criticism.? What is "Golf is yer game, go play It."? That was his first post. What is "You can't possibly be as stupid as you...
snarky criticism.?

What is "Golf is yer game, go play It."? That was his first post.

What is "You can't possibly be as stupid as you sound... No way" Is that respectful?

"If you were informed, you would know that his opinion on.... "
This is a thread with a question at the beginning. There's nothing inherently "informed" here other than what is said.

Bobby obviously wanted to play the insult game. I don't mind that game. Look at this whole thread. I've played along with whatever cuts and jams were dished out. Those that wish to be treated with "an IMMENSE level of respect" conduct themselves accordingly. I think it was very obvious that Bobby was having fun insulting. I didn't mind. But apparently you do.

If Bobby is not offended and I'm not offended, why are you offended?
Skiz, there is a big difference between being cleverly irreverent and being downright stupid.
TeeJay54
4/6/2020 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2020 1:36pm
BobbyM wrote:
You can't possibly be as stupid as you sound... No way.
TeeJay54 wrote:
Skiz, one more thought. Here's a lesson in the definition of what an INFORMED opinion is or isn't: your snarky criticism of BobbyM. If you were...
Skiz, one more thought. Here's a lesson in the definition of what an INFORMED opinion is or isn't: your snarky criticism of BobbyM. If you were informed, you would know that his opinion on accepting the inherent dangers of our sport and it's potential consequences deserves an IMMENSE level of respect.
skiz wrote:
snarky criticism.? What is "Golf is yer game, go play It."? That was his first post. What is "You can't possibly be as stupid as you...
snarky criticism.?

What is "Golf is yer game, go play It."? That was his first post.

What is "You can't possibly be as stupid as you sound... No way" Is that respectful?

"If you were informed, you would know that his opinion on.... "
This is a thread with a question at the beginning. There's nothing inherently "informed" here other than what is said.

Bobby obviously wanted to play the insult game. I don't mind that game. Look at this whole thread. I've played along with whatever cuts and jams were dished out. Those that wish to be treated with "an IMMENSE level of respect" conduct themselves accordingly. I think it was very obvious that Bobby was having fun insulting. I didn't mind. But apparently you do.

If Bobby is not offended and I'm not offended, why are you offended?
skiz
4/7/2020 5:49am
"Serious question: if it's fine for the pros the way it is, why are you worried about it?"

In the post that started this thread was a link to an article that shows that the pros don't speak with a single unified voice. Some of them are concerned that the contact has not only gone too far but is also not fairly enforced.

This is not about a non-pro being "worried about it". This is a question that is being debated among both pros and fans. Whatever the posts on this thread and website, it's not going to change anything, so don't worry about what you say. It's just people talking here. That's all. Nothing is at risk. I just wanted to hear opinions because the best answer didn't seem clear to me.

So I posted a question. We're just talkin. That's what happens here, just talkin.

But if the pros are talkin, somebody important might be listening. If a change comes, I don't know if it will be for the better or the worse. Nothing we can say here will affect any decisions either way.
skiz
4/7/2020 5:56am
TeeJay54 wrote:
Skiz, there is a big difference between being cleverly irreverent and being downright stupid.
And obviously you are ready to flip back to the insult game. Does this make you feel bigger or more important to insult somebody?

You pretend to be ready to make a serious statement about an "an IMMENSE level of respect" but then you fall back to the "you're stupid, you're stupid, look how stupid you are"

This is no different than kids in school. Alot of kids were intimidated by bullies and namecallers but there is not a single person who respects a person that has nothing but insults to prop themselves up.

I don't mind the insult game. If nothing else it pops the thread back to the top where somebody might see it and have a serious response, but this is gettin really really old.

"You're stupid, you're stupid, look how stupid you are"
All I've got is a yawn and a shake of my head.

The Shop

TXDirt
4/7/2020 5:59am
Big difference is the track is not as much a variable in GP racing as it is in MX racing. Not even close. The bikes don’t move the same. The riders don’t move the same. The technique is different. The speeds are different.

So with all these differences you can see why they have different rules and boundaries for allowable contact.

This isn't rocket science.

Post a reply to: Allowable contact on track between racers

The Latest