All this bitching about TV coverage.....

6/16/2012 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2012 10:17pm
Guys we have to come to the understanding that most of the world does not care about MX. Yes I know it sucks but it's reality. Instead of bitching all the time go and get Direct TV. You get all the channels that it is broadcast on. Yes I know all the motos are not live but with fuel you get both first motos and NBC sports you get the second motos. Just be glad (for now) that we get to watch every moto. It might be on at midnight but that's what a dvr is for. Even during supercross when it wasn't live I would be all over live timing and scoring but I still would end up watching the race the next day. If the money was there I'm sure every moto event would be live but until that happens here this is my suggestion to get your fix! This is the entire reason i got Direct TV. No disrespect to anybody but it just gets old seeing all these threads bitching about the TV schedule or when and what channel.
|
bigcat
6/16/2012 12:47pm
STFU
M-M
6/16/2012 12:55pm
If I could pay to watch the nationals in 1080 HD streamed live on a dedicated website like the gp's I would.

Trying to watch the 250 class on a Portuguese blurry stream whilst a ting tings song is playing and some div saying "congrats you've won" in the background isn't great.

Certainly a step back from last year being able to watch the nationals on motors tv live.
ProMoto
6/16/2012 12:56pm
TV coverage today was awesome. All 4 motos lives. Total time spent switching channels........8 seconds. I used to think motocross people were tough and cool. Not any more. Largest pile of steaming shit in any sport that I follow.

The Shop

St Ann More
6/16/2012 12:57pm
M-M wrote:
If I could pay to watch the nationals in 1080 HD streamed live on a dedicated website like the gp's I would. Trying to watch the...
If I could pay to watch the nationals in 1080 HD streamed live on a dedicated website like the gp's I would.

Trying to watch the 250 class on a Portuguese blurry stream whilst a ting tings song is playing and some div saying "congrats you've won" in the background isn't great.

Certainly a step back from last year being able to watch the nationals on motors tv live.
+ 1
6/16/2012 1:00pm
M-M wrote:
If I could pay to watch the nationals in 1080 HD streamed live on a dedicated website like the gp's I would. Trying to watch the...

Yeah you guys outside of the United States get screwed. I agree with your statement. This was more directed to the people that can do something about. I'm not even sure if Direct Tv is available outside of the U.S.
ATKpilot99
ProMoto wrote:
TV coverage today was awesome. All 4 motos lives. Total time spent switching channels........8 seconds. I used to think motocross people were tough and cool. Not...
TV coverage today was awesome. All 4 motos lives. Total time spent switching channels........8 seconds. I used to think motocross people were tough and cool. Not any more. Largest pile of steaming shit in any sport that I follow.
Not everyone has the channels it's broadcast on.
pawsan
i'll echo what these guys said, i would gladly pay to watch the nationals.
6/16/2012 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2012 1:04pm
ProMoto wrote:
TV coverage today was awesome. All 4 motos lives. Total time spent switching channels........8 seconds. I used to think motocross people were tough and cool. Not...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
But everyone can get Direct TV to get all the channels. Not trying to start a war on here just letting people know that may have not been aware. That way you do not have to work about what the local station decides to air as well.
hothands
6/16/2012 1:04pm
ProMoto wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Exactly I have every sports channel on my area Comcast lineup and still don't have Fuel TV. I'm not mad at anyone but Comcast though. I just wish I could have watched the second 250 moto on my birthday.
ATKpilot99
6/16/2012 1:05pm
ProMoto wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
But everyone can get Direct TV to get all the channels. Not trying to start a war on here just letting people know that may have...
But everyone can get Direct TV to get all the channels. Not trying to start a war on here just letting people know that may have not been aware. That way you do not have to work about what the local station decides to air as well.
I have them all on Time Warner cable.
jake64
6/16/2012 1:20pm
M-M wrote:

Yeah you guys outside of the United States get screwed. I agree with your statement. This was more directed to the people that can do something...
Yeah you guys outside of the United States get screwed. I agree with your statement. This was more directed to the people that can do something about. I'm not even sure if Direct Tv is available outside of the U.S.
ya us in canada got royally screwed!!
TerryK
6/16/2012 1:58pm
jake64 wrote:
I'm in Canada. I watch the first motos on Ali, and the second motos on Sunday after I download the 1080p high def. commercial free torrent files. (thanks slicknick610!!)

No worries.
6/16/2012 2:35pm
bigcat wrote:
STFU
Amen. Not to mention that a DVR search for "motocross" cannot find the first 450 moto....and the supposed live feed has been pre-empted with some gay ass bass fishing or dike ball.
DPW
6/16/2012 2:53pm
TerryK wrote:
I'm in Canada. I watch the first motos on Ali, and the second motos on Sunday after I download the 1080p high def. commercial free torrent...
I'm in Canada. I watch the first motos on Ali, and the second motos on Sunday after I download the 1080p high def. commercial free torrent files. (thanks slicknick610!!)

No worries.
yeap wait one day and d/l if you don't get the channels or missed the multiple channel changes, small inconvenience for same day coverage.

Think back over the years the coverage is getting better, just wish I got FUEL in HD...
DPW
6/16/2012 2:55pm
bigcat wrote:
STFU
thephoenix wrote:
Amen. Not to mention that a DVR search for "motocross" cannot find the first 450 moto....and the supposed live feed has been pre-empted with some gay...
Amen. Not to mention that a DVR search for "motocross" cannot find the first 450 moto....and the supposed live feed has been pre-empted with some gay ass bass fishing or dike ball.
agreed I watched the same football sized large mouth bass fishing show, but I think we goofed on the time zone
6/16/2012 2:58pm
ProMoto wrote:
i think youve missed the point here.... not everyone has the channels it is broadcast on
DPW
6/16/2012 3:01pm
ElliottG61 wrote:
i think youve missed the point here.... not everyone has the channels it is broadcast on
you watch the race tomorrow, right?
VET176
6/16/2012 3:03pm
jake64 wrote:
TerryK wrote:
I'm in Canada. I watch the first motos on Ali, and the second motos on Sunday after I download the 1080p high def. commercial free torrent...

No worries.
Same here Terry. And thank you so much Mr Slick.Cool
6/16/2012 3:06pm
On the 450s my DVr recorded the 2nd 450 moto on two channels, one Hd And one not hd so it bumped 2nd 250 moto, I had it set to record Motocross oh well, I reckon I should have stayed home to monitor the situation.
pitbike502
6/16/2012 3:08pm
could be worse, back in the 90's speed would randomly show outdated sx's at ridiculous times of the day. My best friend and i would be riding bicycles on his dirt trails in his back yard and his dad would yell at us to get in and watch while we could before dinner.

Art Eckman days!
DPW
6/16/2012 3:14pm
I wait for my Cycle News to get here on Wednesday or Thursday. Whistling
that's what I'm talking about....bring back virtual grandstand...
yzmatt
6/16/2012 4:10pm
I never got the first 450 moto and recorded 3 time slots like usual. I guess I screwed up....
karnivool
6/16/2012 4:22pm
all 4 motos on FUEL.tv...NBC coverage isn't doing anything for this sport...

how will people ever understand the sport if they can't see it in full...

NAME 1 OTHER SPORT THAT HAS TO BE WATCHED IN 4 PARTS ON 2 DIFFERENT CHANNELS...

and where is SPEED channel when you need them...
se7enmx
6/16/2012 7:30pm
I went riding all day. Missed all the motos. Why waste your day trying to watch a multitude of channels when the DVR records MMA or whatever is prempting moto. My bike is happy and I'm tired from doing something totally fullfilling! Go figure.
dboivin
6/16/2012 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2012 8:05pm
i always see people complaining that their cable provider doesn't carry the channels.

get DirecTV. its that simple. your cable company is screwing you over with their over charging poor channel selection bullshit. don't blame DC...its out there, you just have to go get it.
carlosmacho
6/16/2012 8:12pm
dboivin wrote:
i always see people complaining that their cable provider doesn't carry the channels. get DirecTV. its that simple. your cable company is screwing you over with...
i always see people complaining that their cable provider doesn't carry the channels.

get DirecTV. its that simple. your cable company is screwing you over with their over charging poor channel selection bullshit. don't blame DC...its out there, you just have to go get it.
I have Direct TV. It recorded the first and second moto of the 450. It did not record the 250 which is the one I really wanted to see. They will rebroadcast it tomorrow on Fuel and the DVR is set to record those but the DRV has been recording on Fuel, but this time just didn't and it is at the top of the list for recording. The DVR did not record like it was suppose to which is not a problem with the broadcasts, but Direct TV. I will have to monitor it more and check every friday to see if all the motos are going to record.
fader418
6/16/2012 8:17pm
I remember calling a 900 number just for results. Damn I am old...

Post a reply to: All this bitching about TV coverage.....

The Latest